• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Strategy / Risk] War of the Clans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
That's a good and bad news for me.

EDIT: Mountain Orcs doesn't really seem to be a clan name. A suggestion from me, Stoneaxe (or something related) would be a good name change since they reside at the mountains. And, it would be awesome if additional clans are getting added since the humans are no more (I guess?) so the map wouldn't be empty.

One last thing, how can I trigger events?

Last edited:
Level 12
Well i have an idea for an orc clan : Freezing Fangs clan
Story:
Long ago they was the most bloodthirsty orc clan, they destroyed and conquered every thing in their way, their original name was Burning Fangs clan, for their barbary and crimes they was banished to the frozen continent of Forbias, here they learn to controll and manipulate ice and become even more dangerous and they changed their name in Freezing Fangs clan. Now they have return to Gorgal to conquer the continent and show to all their supremacy. They are masters in close combat and magic. Also they have some unique buildings such as ice wells to regenerate their mana, and their primare buildings are Frozen Hall, Ice Stronghold, and Freezing Fortress .

Level 10
I found a new member, which will be joining our project shortly as LOREMASTER.

He has unmatched skills with lore and storywriting and he already sent me some interesting previews. Bloodbane will be clan of Exiles, banished from their homeland, but i will post details later.

We will be deleting humans to make more space for our 8 Orc Clans, not to add new clans. We want to give each an epic storyline giving the player a feeling that he's not playing the game, but that he is a part of the story. Player's decisions will lead his clan to either complete destruction or prosperity and ultimate victory.

Level 12
Well , you can rename spiritar to spiritcall . For the mountains orcs you can add a stone master (an hero who has a granite skin and can transform enemy into stones ) , for the dreadfire you can add a fear lord (a dark orc who spread fear and terror ) , for the norgseer you can add a a mechanical mutant orc (because this clan is the wealthiest clan , they used their money to create a monstrosity half mutant , half mechanic ) , for the skullcrush you can add an ogre maul (an orcish ogre known for his brutality ) . Also sorry Chaosy if i angry you , just want to be usefull

Level 10
Well , you can rename spiritar to spiritcall . For the mountains orcs you can add a stone master (an hero who has a granite skin and can transform enemy into stones ) , for the dreadfire you can add a fear lord (a dark orc who spread fear and terror ) , for the norgseer you can add a a mechanical mutant orc (because this clan is the wealthiest clan , they used their money to create a monstrosity half mutant , half mechanic ) , for the skullcrush you can add an ogre maul (an orcish ogre known for his brutality ) . Also sorry Chaosy if i angry you , just want to be usefull

Kakuzu, we all appreciate your help and we're thankful. I like the idea with some Earth Shamans, when they die their souls will bound into stone and they will reincarnate as Golems. I will surely think about renaming all the clans later. Chaosy just tried to explain that we accept all kinds of ideas here so there is no need to ask us what ideas do we need :)

Level 12
Well , i have some ideas for some units : for bloodbane : triface warrior ( an warrior with 3 modes : angry face (damage bonus ) , crying face (speed bonus ) arrogante face (armor bonus ) , for stormfell : a frost mage (an orc mage who use ice magic to create snow storm , ice vortex ) : for spiritar : vazir (a shaman who use green flames , an ancient magic ) , for mountains : cristal golem (an golem who can blind enemy with his shining and it is very spicky ) for direfury you can make a sand sorcerer ( a powerfull mage who can transform himself in sand and can catch enemy in moving sands )

Level 14
Also Argos tell me your opinion about my last suggestions

If you have ideas you should write them in a document, Rich Text Format or Doc. Any ideas you have, you should write them and mention why do you think it would be better.

Also format your list, it shouldn't look like a wall of text.

Then you can do one of two things, either:

• Keep your ideas to yourself and reveal them at the right moment
  • Reveal them steadily, but risk not being observed

The development of anything has it's own time and place to introduce new ideas. When it comes to games, a lot of ideas get changed in the middle of testing, as gameplay QA generally shows pros and cons of different ideas.

Sorry, I did not mean to tell you what to do, I just mean to tell you to have more patience and format your writing. :pir:

Good Luck

Level 15
Indeed, if we had a terrainer with HD skills, we could easily become a greatest project on this site. I contacted few already, but still no positive answer.

Honestly I don't like HD terrains, I remember dozens of maps having great terrain, but gameplay sucks ass. They just spend too much time working on terrain, while they gameplay idea suffers. And best example of not HD map whit great gameplay, whit no imported terrain is tomoraider's campaign series !

Level 10
222808-albums7457-picture86930.png

Another brave souls answered our Call to Arms by joining this epic project.

Please welcome our new members,

Terrainer Stryderzero and Loremaster Edhel-dur

Level 14
Thanks! I hope to deliver as they say.

I'm currently still at the stage of inception. Trying to make these bunch of Orcs as unique as possible. I have some ideas but nothing solid yet.

Level 12
Well i have an idea for some buildings : for spiritar you can make a soul tower and for mountains you can add some cristal generators who regenerate mana (something like the mountains orcs descovered in the Atlas mountains some strange cristals who have a strange magic ) ; for stormfell a frozen guardian (a magic tower who use ice attacks ) . How it sound ?

Level 10
Stormfell is a more specialized on lightning magic not frost. Spiritar orcs like nature and stuff, not magic-towers and Mountain orcs are very simple orcs living for centuries divided from surrounding world, magic crystals are weird.

Level 12
Maybe you can add some dark cristals for dreadfire ? also how about to add blind for the dreadfire buildings ?

Level 28
If you focus the camera near the ground , you can not notice that thick fog, but maybe you're right. :)

I know that but if you're gonna show us the terrain WIP then you should really avoid putting a thick fog so we can see the terrain clearly.

It is just my experiment , i'll show the improvements tomorrow :D

You have a good start so I'm looking forward to it. Good luck.

I'm just referring it on your first post. :D
You clearly stated where i am going to place each clans.

Bloodbane

Bloodbane lies on a heavily reinforced hill in the middle of Gorgar, surrounded from all sides by other clans. For many generations Bloodbane clan endured against endless enemies they faced and succeeded in protecting their homeland. Now as a new tide of war rises on the horizon, orcs of Bloodbane are once again ready to let their enemies taste the iron and blood.

Stormfell

Stormfell is an ancient clan bound in mysteries. It is said that its first warchief, Siraf could control unthinkable power to shape the world. His sworn apprentices, Stormcallers, still remember old secrets their master taught them and are able to unleash them upon their foes. Stronghold itself lies to the south-west, protected by mountains from all sides. Impregnable.

Direfury

Direfury lies to the west-south, situated between two mountains and protected from one side by the sea and from another by a deadly desert called the Red Abbyss. It's warriors are not renowned for their strenght or spells, but for endurance. Even the most strongest creatures or most wisest sorcerers fall into bare sand dehydrated, exhausted, powerless and only Direfury endures. With their poisoned arms and deadly skills they can easily hunt down any intruder and teach him his final lesson: Only the strong will prevail.

Skullcrush

Skullcrush is one of the most brutal clans of Gargar. Their ferocity and rough power have given them the name Skullcrush, for cracking skulls of enemies. Only an orc who crushed a skull of a creature same or bigger than his is considered a member of Skullcrush clan. For this ritual are mostly used creatures like Kodo, which is more preferable than another orc, but sometimes even brothers or sisters fight to the death until somebody's Skull is Crushed. What a pity.
-No place mentioned :D

Norgseer

Norgseer lies in the north-western corner of Gargar next to the Red Sea. Water is vital for people living there and brings the gifts of life. Norgseer orcs are not masters in combat or war, but they are the wealthiest clan in gold and resources. For many generations their stronghold prevailed not becuse of strenght, but becuse of cunning. They use their adventages to buy a victory in a war instead of fighting in one.

Dreadfire

Dreadfire clan is infamous due to their practics with dark magic. Some call them "Necromancers", "Demon Servants" or "Doombringers". The truth is not far from it, Dreadfire orcs are unpredictable and dangerous foe to face indeed. Fortunately, Skullcrush clan is keeping them from some of their darker motives, but if Skullcrush' might fails them, Dreafire will burn the known world to ashes.
-Another one

Spiritar

Spiritar stronghold lies in fertile lands of Grasslands to the south. Only there shamans practise their powers amidst untouched nature and peace. Spiritar orcs are also born skilled healers and hunters, providing them with superior instincts. War however requires power and in dark cellars beneath the ground, kennelmasters train terrifying creatures and wolves twice a size of a dog to tear, smash or swallow their enemies whole.

The Mountain

Orcs living at the Mountain are hard and strong as stone itself. They live their life seperated from the rest of the world by their mountains. No intruder can enter their domain without an invitation and punishment. Hard background breeds hard people and war is when they are needed most.

And again , that wip i posted recently is just an experiment :D
---

211785-albums5481-picture65468.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.