• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Villager 255 Animations

I have updated the model mesh now i think it looks better, added some CUSTOM ATTACHMENT points the highlighted parts contains the new ones, now u can add a complete set of armour on the villger.
New attachemts points names are: Gold Left, Gold Right, First Left, First Right, Second Left, Scond Right.

I have tryed to add more animations and i get error and more then 255 doesnt save i dunno why, if so i can make a second part with other animations.

I wanted to upload a model that has many animations and i think the most useful model will be the Villager model to use in RPG maps or something.

I have noticed when played Attack - 7 animation the hidden objects are appreaing, they should be inv.

IMPORTANT

Use this to play any animation u want even the walk animations when u stand or any animation when u move:
  • Custom Script: call SetUnitAnimationByIndex( unit name, number )
-the unit name is the unit name in JASS
-the number is the animation that starts from 0
-can play even the walk animation when u stand
-can play any animation even if the unit is moveing

Animation Guide:

Stand Victory 27-37 are animations when u sit on a stone bench: Dalaran->Props->Stone Bench
Attack Morph 27-30 are some shield attacks.
Stand Victory 22-23 are some mount animations for horse with no rider u will have to use some triggers to make them work good for now.
Attack Throw 6-7 are bow animations.
Stand Victory 41-66 are guns animations.
Stand Victory 67-70 are hang animations.
Stand Victory 71-76 are cross animations.

Keywords:
Villager, Peasant, Work
Contents

Villager 255 Animations (Model)

Villager 255 Animations (Model)

Reviews
09:39, 24th Mar 2011 anarchianbedlam: amazing animations and you really put a lot of effort into this. but the mesh on the bag should be fixed and the model would really benefit from attachment points. EDIT: remove the imported blank "white"...
Level 5
i can't understand how your 255 animation peasant works, i did call SetUnitAnimationByIndexndex( H0F6, 0 ) bcz my model is called H0F6 and animation number 0? I dk about what animation number means, can u explain what should i put there cuz idk? or its right as it is call SetUnitAnimationByIndexndex( H0F6, 0 ) ?

Level 10
Awesome work, really love it. Keep it up, maybe split by theme between several models if 255 is the limit.

But anyways, have I question about how to play walking animations while the villager is moving. You say that it can play any animation even if the unit is moving. I made a trigger that makes a villager move boxes from one pile (of boxes) to another but
  • Unit - Order Unit to Move To (Random point in Region)
seems to be overriding
  • Custom script: call SetUnitAnimationByIndex(udg_Farm01MaleVillager02,232)
, the villager is walking without the box in his hands. Reversing their order in the trigger does not help either. Whenever unit is moving, animation seems to be canceled. Can you advice me how to fix this problem?

Here is my full trigger:
  • Farm01 MaleVillager02 Work
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • -------- Use unit variable 'Farm01MaleVilager02' for the unit that has to transfer the boxes from place to another --------
      • -------- Set new RANDOM dropoffbox target spot using integer variable 'Farm01MaleVillager02Integer' --------
      • Set Farm01MaleVillager02Integer = (Random integer number between 1 and 5)
      • -------- Play 'take up the box' animation [PERFECT] --------
      • Custom script: call SetUnitAnimationByIndex(udg_Farm01MaleVillager02,202)
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • -------- Order villager to go to that new dropoff box --------
      • Unit - Order Farm01MaleVillager02 to Move To (Random point in Farm01DropBoxAreaArray[Farm01MaleVillager02Integer])
      • -------- Play 'carring a box' animation [CURRENTLY NOT WORKING PROPERLY] --------
      • Custom script: call SetUnitAnimationByIndex(udg_Farm01MaleVillager02,232)
      • -------- Wait until he gets to the dropoffbox and starts to 'idle' --------
      • Wait until ((String((Current order of Farm01MaleVillager02))) Equal to IdleOrderString), checking every 0.10 seconds
      • Unit - Make Farm01MaleVillager02 face (Center of Farm01DropBoxTargetArray[Farm01MaleVillager02Integer]) over 0.50 seconds
      • Wait 0.50 seconds
      • -------- Play drop the box' animation [PERFECT] --------
      • Custom script: call SetUnitAnimationByIndex(udg_Farm01MaleVillager02,203)
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • -------- Having do it all again --------
      • Trigger - Run Farm01 MaleVillager02 Work <gen> (checking conditions)

Last edited:
Level 6
To find the unit name in Jass to this:

1. Create a trigger
2. Action->Kill Unit-> and then select the unit u want.
3.Edit->Convert the trigger to Custom Text.
4.The name of the unit will be something like this: gg_unit_
5.Copy and paste the unit name in jass into the script.
6 U can delete the trigger or hit ctrl+z to unde the transformation in Jass.

Or u can to that with the variabile like i said u can play the unit walk animation even if he stands or if he moves.

I will add some swim animations that will be good.

Or simply store the unit in a variable (let's call it "myunit") and display it as: call SetUnitAnimationByIndex(udg_myunit, udg_integer)

Level 4
Hello, I have a problem.
In the description of this model is saying: can use any animation while moving.
Animations works for me if he is NOT moving, but dont work while moving.

PLS can someone help me or post trigger how to make animations while moving?

Thank you very much

Level 11
I want to update the model and if i cant add new anims to this model upload another one.

I want to add:

More musical instruments playin
burned at stake this will be good
table with plan (something like generals are planning their attack)
eat, drink,
sit on table and chair.

Level 11
The geos that i will add are necasry cant do without them.
I must add more geos like musical instruments.

I i must add in more geo because i belive most of the ppl cant add or doesnt know how to add the objects separatly with triggers.

Like i said a wierd bug as acourred like many others in this model that doesnt allowed me to add more then 255 anims.

Level 8
Hey Graber, i have a problem with the "normal" Attackanimations. I want to reach, that "Attack 1" and "Attack 2" are just the normal Animations. I got the tip to use "Remove Animation Tag", but it don't work he still uses all attackanimation including the bugged one.
In my eyes the model ist useles if you can't choose the animations which are used for a normal attack.
Here is my Trigger maybe something is wrong:
JASS:
function Trig_sdfqerwr_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
    call AddUnitAnimationPropertiesBJ( false, "Attack 3", gg_unit_Hpal_0002 )
    call AddUnitAnimationPropertiesBJ( false, "Attack 4", gg_unit_Hpal_0002 )
    call AddUnitAnimationPropertiesBJ( false, "Attack 5", gg_unit_Hpal_0002 )
    call AddUnitAnimationPropertiesBJ( false, "Attack 6", gg_unit_Hpal_0002 )
    call AddUnitAnimationPropertiesBJ( false, "Attack 7", gg_unit_Hpal_0002 )
    call AddUnitAnimationPropertiesBJ( false, "Attack 8", gg_unit_Hpal_0002 )
    call AddUnitAnimationPropertiesBJ( false, "Attack 9", gg_unit_Hpal_0002 )
    call AddUnitAnimationPropertiesBJ( false, "Attack 10", gg_unit_Hpal_0002 )
    call AddUnitAnimationPropertiesBJ( false, "Attack 11", gg_unit_Hpal_0002 )
    call AddUnitAnimationPropertiesBJ( false, "Attack 12", gg_unit_Hpal_0002 )
    call AddUnitAnimationPropertiesBJ( false, "Attack 13", gg_unit_Hpal_0002 )
    call AddUnitAnimationPropertiesBJ( false, "Attack 14", gg_unit_Hpal_0002 )
    call AddUnitAnimationPropertiesBJ( false, "Attack 15", gg_unit_Hpal_0002 )
endfunction

//===========================================================================
function InitTrig_Test takes nothing returns nothing
    set gg_trg_Test = CreateTrigger(  )
    call TriggerRegisterTimerEventSingle( gg_trg_Test, 1.00 )
    call TriggerAddAction( gg_trg_Test, function Trig_sdfqerwr_Actions )
endfunction

Level 8
Hey Grabber i know this is more a dream, but whats about a Programm where you can create you own Villager: You can select your animations and the animation tags and create you own Villager.MDX
So the limit of 255 wouldn't be a problem anymore, the modelsize would be much smaler, who needs the 255 animations?
Also random people could submit Animations for this model.
But maybe i dream to much ;)

I found a cool link with a skinchange system, thats fits perfect on this Model:
http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=103071
I tested it out and it works perfect.

Level 11
Maybe u can hope that for starcraft 2.

But how about a villager model for starcraft 2? I mean a colonist or something.

I remeber i had a model witch was more then 255 animtions, this model might have a bug or something.