• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Villager 255 Animations

I have updated the model mesh now i think it looks better, added some CUSTOM ATTACHMENT points the highlighted parts contains the new ones, now u can add a complete set of armour on the villger.
New attachemts points names are: Gold Left, Gold Right, First Left, First Right, Second Left, Scond Right.

I have tryed to add more animations and i get error and more then 255 doesnt save i dunno why, if so i can make a second part with other animations.

I wanted to upload a model that has many animations and i think the most useful model will be the Villager model to use in RPG maps or something.

I have noticed when played Attack - 7 animation the hidden objects are appreaing, they should be inv.

IMPORTANT

Use this to play any animation u want even the walk animations when u stand or any animation when u move:
  • Custom Script: call SetUnitAnimationByIndex( unit name, number )
-the unit name is the unit name in JASS
-the number is the animation that starts from 0
-can play even the walk animation when u stand
-can play any animation even if the unit is moveing

Animation Guide:

Stand Victory 27-37 are animations when u sit on a stone bench: Dalaran->Props->Stone Bench
Attack Morph 27-30 are some shield attacks.
Stand Victory 22-23 are some mount animations for horse with no rider u will have to use some triggers to make them work good for now.
Attack Throw 6-7 are bow animations.
Stand Victory 41-66 are guns animations.
Stand Victory 67-70 are hang animations.
Stand Victory 71-76 are cross animations.

Keywords:
Villager, Peasant, Work
Contents

Villager 255 Animations (Model)

Villager 255 Animations (Model)

Reviews
09:39, 24th Mar 2011 anarchianbedlam: amazing animations and you really put a lot of effort into this. but the mesh on the bag should be fixed and the model would really benefit from attachment points. EDIT: remove the imported blank "white"...
Level 13
A few animations I found lacking in the other villager with alot of animations are animations for a spear type weapon. It would be wonderful I you could add a spear use animation set because spears have been used extensively throughout history.

Level 17
Does anyone know the numbers of the animations? Because i cannot animation Index, unless i do trail and error with all 185 animations. And i would not really want to do that, but anyway, does anyone know the numbers of the animations? or even a quick way to find out the numbers of them?

The WE unfortunately display animations in alphabetic order, but The Prophet's old model viewer should show them in chronological order.
So if you are patient enough you could write a list in notepad and add the animation number after the name.

Level 2
is there any way to fix the attachment, specially the head, it seems out of place.. i really like to use this model, please fix it if possible

Level 11
I have imported a model which was 1 mb into a test map and the map file zise grow form 10kb to 600 kb or something.
This means if the game makes some copression to the imported objects, the villager file size can be bigger.

Level 17
Graber, it's nice that you've made some animations, and some are really creative, but don't you think you should smooth the movement here and there? A lot are really simple and robotic or with exaggerated pose, I think it devalues the model a bit too much.

Level 11
The model needs more animations so the file size will grow bigger.

How about i make just a few grab animations like: U come from the back, grab another villager and cut his neck.
Or take him down and punch.

I will like to have som many attack animations in a game like Tes 5.

Why the fuck they make good graphics whent the combat sucks with 5 boring attacks make 20 not 5 with diferent effects: slow, stun, knowback, knockdown, block opener, cut throught blocks.

Last edited:
Level 13
haha, you just writted 6 attacks :) but i'll recommend you to not add a villager... cause someone else would like to attack a goblin,orc,knight,footman... bla bla and stuff like that, you should just make anim where he goes to that unit a little bit to him and attacks :) (My opinion)

yeah, but as 88WaRCraFT3 said, he wanted not to have the villager on the grab anim as someone would want to grab another type of unit... so it will look bad as the target model is not the same as that of the attacker... take his example of a footman for example...

which is why I believe that your plan of having him grab another villager is far better than his suggestion...

Level 11
Well i will like to make a map where your controled unit fights waves of creeps.
But there is a lot of work to add 30-40 anims to every unit used in that map.

And the thing with a grab another villager i think it will add a 10kb per move so is not a big deal to add 3-4 moves.

There will be needed to make 2 animations for a move that are played in the same time and results perfect synchronization if the units are same model and same size.

Level 13
uhh idk if i understand you or if you already said it, but i got idea for that silent strike animation. You should make your unit have that animation where he goes to unit and attacks him, and you should make him animation where he dies like his head is ripped off, that would low your size of model and keep a lot of more more and space :) and it would also enable other players to transfer animations to other units :p

Level 6
This is a great model indeed but need to list the animations like "SERIOUSLY"!!!
I got lost trying to set my animations lol Q_Q

• Custom script: call SetUnitAnimationByIndex(unitname,number)
Since u have "100 animations"so does that mean in the number bit you put (1-100) for the animations?

Last edited:
Level 4
How about a directors cut for the extreme and unique usefulness of this model?
i would vote for it!

Level 20
I agree too!

• Custom Script: call SetUnitAnimationByIndex( unit name, number )
By the way what do you put in the "unit name" section? I don't get it.

• Actions
    • Set Unit = Villager 0001 <gen>
    • Custom script: call SetUnitAnimationByIndex(udg_Unit, 1)
do you get in now?

This is a great model indeed but need to list the animations like "SERIOUSLY"!!!
I got lost trying to set my animations lol Q_Q

• Custom script: call SetUnitAnimationByIndex(unitname,number)
Since u have "100 animations"so does that mean in the number bit you put (1-100) for the animations?

no you just put 100-.-

Level 14
So awesome keep doing this and you will get DC!
BTW he looks fat in the screenshot