1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 13th Music Contest Poll has begun! Vote for the best tracks in this symphony of frost and flame.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Upcoming changes to skills and character models & new abilities

Discussion in 'Gaias Retaliation ORPG' started by Zwiebelchen, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Yeah that's always an option. I'll see what I think about it when I'm actually coding the spells.

2. grekern

grekern

Resources:
    Resources:
    An idea that sprung to mind is that the bish makes a small cleansing sphere for about 5 seconds on a target area. Any ally who enters will get the debuffs removed. The area should be small enough so you can fit a maximum of 2 people at once so you can't easily dispell the entire team at once.

3. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Finished the priest texture rewrap and team-colored hair. Again, this base skin is only for testing purposes; in the final "naked" version, all characters will wear pants. Also, the cloth in front of his legs is just a placeholder texture. Each armor skin that gets applied to the model also changes the cloth.

Squire
    [​IMG]

Cleric
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. Ihazdialup

Ihazdialup

Resources:
    Resources:
    Looks good, keep up the awesome work

5. TooMuch

TooMuch

Resources:
    Resources:
    Druid's Life Infusion

I understand the battle-resurrect concept. But if everyone dies and the druid survives. Someone is going to live and be happy and everyone else is going to have to wait and lose gold.

So will the druid still be considered an off-healer? Seeming how the bishop still has some major advantages over the druid.

6. Shamu

Shamu

Resources:
    Resources:
    Can't you just repick/reload if you really don't want to lose gold? If you saved recently you even have a shorter downtime (which seems a bit odd). Or is this considered abusing mechanics?

7. TooMuch

TooMuch

Resources:
    Resources:
    well yes you can, but that's a limit to 3 loads per game. However, you misunderstood me. I'm simply questioning the druid's progression into this game.

Honestly I would like to main healer as a druid because its a cool class. But he is pretty limited in that category (compared to the bishop). Its possible to heal with them, don't get me wrong there, but bishop will always be prefer. Mainly because of the shield and resurrection capabilities.

Zwieb would it be possible to make the druid's life infusion a group rez? same cd, less health like 75%. So that they have to recover and stuff. just a suggestion.

8. Shamu

Shamu

Resources:
    Resources:
    Quite honestly, as long as there is more than one class, and they're not played exactly the same, you'll always prefer one over the other. The only thing you can do against that is having different encounters favor different classes. Making the druid into a second bishop would be rather boring though, so I like that you're at least asking for a different type of ressurrection.

But then there's your next problem: isn't the druid supposed to rezz during combat, while the bishop does it after combat? You wouldn't be able to use it afterwards to avoid gold loss if you use it during combat.

9. Ihazdialup

Ihazdialup

Resources:
    Resources:
    Actually that WOULD be quite neat, have Druid's rezz have a smaller cooldown, and only be usable during combat with an npc...

10. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I could balance that new res with a much higher mana cost and remove the cooldown. But that would practically remove it's intended purpose of a battle-res.

11. Shamu

Shamu

Resources:
    Resources:
    Would it be a possibility to change or remove the bishop rezz, or rework death penalties? Having druids crippled by something that isn't even relevant until after an encounter seems wrong, and if you want druids to have a battlerezz, you can look to change bishops instead.

12. TooMuch

TooMuch

Resources:
    Resources:
    Shamu, their are bishops that already battle rez because they have sufficient haste. giving the druid a one time b-rez during a whole fight doesn't make it special. and with the new stat system zwieb is going to implement, bishops would be able to have a faster rez if they want to.

Zwieb, I don't want to remove the battle-rez purpose. I was just wondering if the druid would be able to revive more than just one ally at a given time?

13. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Nope, just one person. But I'm thinking about removing the cooldown and instead applying a debuff penalty after using it that lasts until you leave combat and prevents you using it again in the same battle.

14. TooMuch

TooMuch

Resources:
    Resources:
    That's a good modification. But would the druid only be able to use it during combat? Or is the debuff applied only when you are in combat?

And since we're here, I gotta ask. You said in the past that the monk would be a single target tank, like the one handed berserker. So why did you gave him aoe potential? just wondering.

15. Ihazdialup

Ihazdialup

Resources:
    Resources:
    the aoe potential is probably just so it can keep up with berserker/crusader in usefulness, its only one aoe spell, while both Crusader and Berserker in the next version will have atleast 2 AOE abilities each, and I'm not counting provoke as an aoe since it only lasts 3 seconds (not very long at all)

16. TooMuch

TooMuch

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well an aoe taunt is very useful. the monk can group them up and then shattering strike them. And even though the berserker has 2 aoe abilities, he still has to sacrifice tankiness (a shield and tank sword) to dish it out. Besides, I remember zwieb saying that he wanted to keep the monk and berserker single target tanks.

So considering a one-handed berserker and a monk, the serker has a small threat demo shout while the monk has some viable aoe aggro generation. See where I'm getting at?

Don't get me wrong, the serker has awesome aoe abilities. And you can very well hold aggro and tank with them, but I don't think that was the intended purpose. Either way I'll be waiting for zwieb's reply and see what he is planning.

Oh and I forgot to ask this earlier, but what are we expecting from the new talents you have planned? Or do you still have yet to work on them? thanks in advance

Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  17. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I haven't planned any updates on the talentsystem for 1.2B. Just some minor changes and bugfixes. With 1.2C, the talents will be expanded by 2 levels each and the whole talent lines get adjusted to fit the new abilities.

Monk is, yes, intended to be a single target tank. However, I wanted to not gimp the monk group tankiness ad absurdum, so I added the AoE taunt to at least give it some utility when there's an AoE situation.

The shattering strike ability does not have any bonus threat applied (aside from the bonus threat applied to all elemental attacks from steel body), so it does help generating a good amount of aggro, but not more than any other AoE attack does, so it probably won't last long vs. a mage AoEing. It works fine to get initial snap aggro when pulling mobs, but that's about it. Also, the AoE radius is rather small. Comparable to Berserker 2H splash radius.

The shattering strike ability is actually meant for DPS build monks.

EDIT: Almost finished the magician model remastering. I also fixed some animations of the mage while I was at it.

18. Ihazdialup

Ihazdialup

Resources:
    Resources:
    So no more derpy staff holding for the Magician?

19. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I fixed what I could; but the actual animation didn't change, just some vertices disconnecting and weird twisting of faces.

Unfortunately, I don't have time remaking the herpderp anims completely.
    However, I'm currently thinking about replacing the magician model with this one (with cloak removed): http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...e-231160/?prev=search=mage&r=20&d=list&page=2
    The animations are a lot cleaner and the walking anim looks more believable.

However, having a female mage kind of causes problems with my intended approach for armor design in 1.2B:
    -> Squire: cloth body textures (male) + armor attachment models on top
    -> Cleric: cloth body textures (male)
    -> Mage: cloth body textures (male)
    -> Ranger: leather body textures (female)
    -> Thief: leather body textures (female)

As you can see, a female mage model would basicly either require unisex cloth body textures, which means I would have to work with transparency, increasing the per-texture filesize, or would require me to create a third set of textures, which would also be taxing on filesize.

20. Ihazdialup

Ihazdialup

Resources:
    Resources:
    Maybe post a suggesiton if you have not already?