• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Upcoming changes to skills and character models & new abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
isnt he tanky enough? he has heavy armor and can wear a shield. he also got a talent tree that makes him even more tanky. he needs those damage abilities, otherwise he wouldnt be able to hold aggro.

Damage spells ?:goblin_jawdrop: his "damage" spells depend on his spellpower , so if you build him full intelligence that might work , but he will lack alot from his strength and therefore will lack in attack damage and spells like revenge and hateful strike will be nullified because they depend on his AP . And if you balance him between both , then imo it just wont be worth it because he would average rather than having something extreme and special in him.

Level 4
Damage spells ?:goblin_jawdrop: his "damage" spells depend on his spellpower , so if you build him full intelligence that might work , but he will lack alot from his strength and therefore will lack in attack damage and spells like revenge and hateful strike will be nullified because they depend on his AP . And if you balance him between both , then imo it just wont be worth it because he would average rather than having something extreme and special in him.

I guess you should take a better look at the skill "Celestial Zeal". It compensates the problems that you are mentioning here.

Level 5
Spells like Crucify and Celestial Zeal were made back when it was only dungeon 3. Back then, it was everyone's choice to go full int with a Crusader, otherwise those two spells wouldn't work. From then on, as content was expanded, Crusader got two more spells (Emergency and Guardian Angel). This latter ones, as you can see, are not damage spells. Guardian Angel, for instance, is an exceptional spell which grants you the possibility to compensate for the lack of damage spells every other class got, so it wouldn't be a pain in the ass to hold aggro with the Crusader. Plus, with the implementation of the Talent Tree, Crusader (and every other class for that matter) became more diverse when it comes to different builds, so as to not make every class a linear and unique build.

On the other hand, somewhere in the forums it was stated that the Crusader would become more flexible in terms of stats builds. In fact, I think there is a list of new spells which will come with 1.2B, where it describes some Crusader spells based on str.
And if you balance him between both , then imo it just wont be worth it because he would average rather than having something extreme and special in him.
I'm not sure what you mean by this.

Level 3
I guess you should take a better look at the skill "Celestial Zeal". It compensates the problems that you are mentioning here.

You do realize that Celestial Zeal has a strength penalty , and actually emphasizes what im saying that he always lacks in something important.

and i mean by saying " And if you balance him between both , then imo it just wont be worth it because he would average rather than having something extreme and special in him. " that if u build him half intel half strength , then i don't think his potential power as a class would level with the other classes .

i just think that he needs a general buff on his spells .

Level 17
You do realize that Celestial Zeal has a strength penalty , and actually emphasizes what im saying that he always lacks in something important.

and i mean by saying " And if you balance him between both , then imo it just wont be worth it because he would average rather than having something extreme and special in him. " that if u build him half intel half strength , then i don't think his potential power as a class would level with the other classes .

i just think that he needs a general buff on his spells .

celestials zeal gives him a penalty in strength, but also gives him extra magic damage per hit, so his attacks should do almost the same damage.

Level 9
Celestial Zeal has a strength penalty yes, but you gain a higher net-worth of damage by using zeal, as your base intelligence is more than 15, as with zeal 1 int = 1.2 ap (+1 damage and a proc that does (.2Xsp) so you actually gain a higher damage output per hit with intelligence. Yeah, strength adds armor penetration, but that can be ignored if you get the talent that increases aggro produced by magic damage, actually causing you to create more aggro, even with the decrease in strength and ArP.

Also as with builds, this is going to be compeltely different next version as there is going to be a complete overhaul in the skill system,

As you guys probably know, the skill system is kind of a one-trick pony and imho does not do what it is supposed to.
To change that, the current skills will be replaced by these:

Power: Increases attack power and spell power by 1% per point.
Reflexes: Increase attack speed by 1.5% and spell haste by 1 per point.
Luck: Increases crit chance by 1% and crit damage by 2% per point.
Stamina: Increases maximum health by 1.5% per point. Increases Evasion by 0.5% per point.
Spirit: Increases all resistances by 1% per point. Increases all attributes by 0.75% per point.

About the idea buffing his armor and hp through abilities..... He gets a self heal spell, which can almost be considered a health buff, he gets the second highest armor in the game, only behind a specifically/shitty build monk, and I can personally vouch, that gear will be an easy compensation for not having an ability to increase armor/health, he already has more than enough of both, more than enough to be near unkillable if your healer isn't half brain dead, and I personally believe that Crusader shouldnt get so overly tanky to the point that you can ignore the mechanics, and a small increase in armor or health that wont make him overly tank in my opinion would have to be pretty small that it would be pointless.

Then about lack of diversity in how hes set up, how its bias towards intelligence builds, thats only currently, as he has technically 3 skills based off of intelligence currently, though only 2 effectively help you gain aggro, and 1 strength based skill, Shield Slam, however in the next version it should balance out more as Crusader is gaining 1 SP based skill, and 2 str based skills
Shield Throw
Throws the shield at the target for Spellpower x 1.5 magic damage. Hits two more targets for half damage before returning to the caster. Creates a high amount of threat. Can only be used with a shield equipped.
Cooldown: 12 seconds.
Cast Time: 1.5 seconds.
Mana Cost: 4

Unyielding Zeal
increases Attackpower by Strength x 0.25 and increases threat generated by 'Pummel' by 60%. Can not be used when 'Celestial Zeal' is active.
Cooldown: 5 seconds.
Cast Time: toggle.
Mana Cost: none.

Pummel
Hits the target for Attackpower x 1.5 physical damage and debuffs the target with 'Shattered Defense', increasing all physical damage taken by 2%. Lasts 15 seconds. Stacks up to 5 times. Each applied stack resets duration.
Cooldown: 8 seconds.
Cast Time: instant.
Mana Cost: 3 balancing out str and int based spells that help you gain aggro, with 3 each.
This should balannce out how str and intelligence are weighted, and making it so you can go 2 paths, a more crowd control AoE tank with using the intelligence path, or more of a boss tank using the str path.

Don't take this as me bashing Amer's ideas or what he said, I'm just trying to clear some things up and giving my own thoughts on his ideas

Level 3
celestials zeal gives him a penalty in strength, but also gives him extra magic damage per hit, so his attacks should do almost the same damage.

Then whats the point of the spell ? if he gets a mere extra magic damage if at all .

About the idea buffing his armor and hp through abilities..... He gets a self heal spell, which can almost be considered a health buff, he gets the second highest armor in the game, only behind a specifically/shitty build monk, and I can personally vouch, that gear will be an easy compensation for not having an ability to increase armor/health, he already has more than enough of both, more than enough to be near unkillable if your healer isn't half brain dead, and I personally believe that Crusader shouldnt get so overly tanky to the point that you can ignore the mechanics, and a small increase in armor or health that wont make him overly tank in my opinion would have to be pretty small that it would be pointless.

A berserker can have almost the same amount of armor but berserker has the upper hand in damage ....

SHBlade

Hosted Project GR
Level 14
A berserker can have almost the same amount of armor but berserker has the upper hand in damage ....
First of all Zerk is dps class so he's meant to do big dmg. Moreover to make good dmg on Zerk in 1.2A u need to play with 2h weapon, this build will stop u at ~56 armor while Crus has ~78 and can heal himself for ~500 every 9 sec. That's big difference for me ;)

First of all Zerk is dps class so he's meant to do big dmg. Moreover to make good dmg on Zerk in 1.2A u need to play with 2h weapon, this build will stop u at ~56 armor while Crus has ~78 and can heal himself for ~500 every 9 sec. That's big difference for me ;)
Also, remember that wearing a shield yields a flat 20% absorb for all frontal attacks; this absorb is applied before the armor point based reduction, so it results in an even higher mitigation than just 20% more armor.

Monks steel body armor bonuses and higher evasion scores are meant to compensate for the 20% mitigation loss from not wearing a shield. Which still makes the monk a less reliable tank in terms of mitigation.

2H Berserkers are currently viable tanks, as the bosses don't hit very hard in melee. This is basicly working as intended. Remember that all the bosses you have in 1.2A are basicly meant for gearing up. All bosses that will come with 1.2B will hit significantly harder than that.
Also, the fourth dungeon will start with a traditional "gear check" encounter: a very hard hitting tank & spank encounter with enrage timer, making sure you can't progress in D4 unless you have at least geared up to the point of having a full 5 man group with blue level 50 gear. It will be a pain in the ass to balance (I'm counting on you beta-testers here ;) ), but I think a soft-attunement in terms of a gear check will be necessary to give the dungeon an epic feel.
So yeah, I don't expect you will be able to tank this with a 2H zerker (1H and shield zerker, on the other hand, might work with the skills of the OP).

Level 7
1h Zark tank is so underrated xD.

Anyhow I do look forward to crusader tanking being meaningful.

Also, Amer, only shield slam is actually affected by the -15 strength penalty of celestial zeal. Crusader's intelligence bonus gets much higher than the strength alternative, so even with the penalty, he gets a higher AP (which is whats used in all except shield slams damage calculation) than if hes in strength gear.

Level 4
I dont necessarily agree with the holy trinity thing. I think of the tank//DD//healer split as a generally a good idea to make a game more tactical. I tried to make it a bit more complex by adding true support classes to the game but it still is the trinity system at the core. And imho thats not a bad thing as it makes class choices matter more.

On topic: i think i will go for the selectable skin idea temporary for the next update and not remove the armor models... for now. I figured i waste too much time on this texture making and want to work on content again for a change. I bet you guys agree on this. So the next mini update will have 2-3 selectable skins per base class, the hair color thing and the much needed bugfixes. I will make more textures later...

Yes, Gaias is heavily based on the holy-trinity thing.
I guess what i want to say (what i always wanted) is for diversity to exist in every role and class. Not just one way to build a crus, assa, druid etc. This is also the reason u added skill trees.

I think we can all agree that we prefer gameplay over skins :)
Just add those skins that u have made, for now :)

I think we can all agree that we prefer gameplay over skins :)
So do I, but you know, I like to try something new from time to time.
Just add those skins that u have made, for now :)
That won't be enough, unfortunately. I need at least one skin for every base class or it would look totally lame. ;)

But it's okay, really, I'm currently struggling to create a proper shading mask for the male texture variants. But when it's done, I can apply that to all male textures, to create new designs at a much faster rate.

I'm just not good drawing folds...

I'm currently thinking about making this a subject of commission work. I figured that this would be worth a minor investment.

Last edited:
I outsourced the texture work now to Daenar7, who made awesome skins like:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/skins-552/runicthane-blp-252464/?prev=r=20&page=2

Let's see what sorcery he will bring to us. :)

Not to complain or anything but do you have any idea when you might finish the update Zweibelchen ?
I haven't even started coding...

But I will probably open the editor today for the first time in several months, to start coding the new hero selection and implementation of the new models.

Which reminds me to ask for a community oppinion on this: would you prefer hair color / skins to be selectable on hero creation or do you want a barber/outfitter NPC (that also includes the different skin textures if I go for an approach that isn't tied to equipment)?
I'm also thinking about adding a toggle option to hide headgears/cloaks. This could also be added to the outfitter npc.

Also, do you want me to limit the colorsets to those that look good quality-wise or do you want all 16 colors selectable (including ugly teal, pink & green tones)?

Once 1.2A(9) is released, which includes fixes to all bugs I collected over the past months, I will immediately start coding the new bosses, to provide you with a beta release build that contains all new bosses for balance adjustments (but no quests, trash or loot).

So stay tuned, the drought period is almost over!

Last edited:
Level 5
Adding the outfitter npc would be best imo. I believe It would provide more customization. The toggle option for the head and cloaks sound nice as well. And you should provide all color options, cause well people like diversity.
Other than that, thanks for doing a great job and keeping this map going.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
I agree with TooMuch. So much work for the customization has been spent, so rather let us use that work as much as possible instead of only at char creation. Also, add all colours, I don't mind some silly looking hair as long as all other models/textures are not silly. In Baldur's Gate for instance a human could have shining blue hair, and that was perfectly fine.

SHBlade

Hosted Project GR
Level 14
Which reminds me to ask for a community oppinion on this: would you prefer hair color / skins to be selectable on hero creation or do you want a barber/outfitter NPC (that also includes the different skin textures if I go for an approach that isn't tied to equipment)?
I'm also thinking about adding a toggle option to hide headgears/cloaks. This could also be added to the outfitter npc.

Also, do you want me to limit the colorsets to those that look good quality-wise or do you want all 16 colors selectable (including ugly teal, pink & green tones)?

1. Outfitter npc cuz it's always good to have possibility to customize ur character anytime.
2. Keeping all colours isn't bad, cuz as TooMuch said, diversity always was nice thing.

Once 1.2A(9) is released, which includes fixes to all bugs I collected over the past months, I will immediately start coding the new bosses, to provide you with a beta release build that contains all new bosses for balance adjustments (but no quests, trash or loot).

So stay tuned, the drought period is almost over!

Can't wait for beta testing :D

Outfitter it will be, then.

I did some testing games yesterday and also applied the texture swapping method to the game's code and it works great! Only problem is that I still need to fix some issues with the models, as they have weird shading at night.

I also checked all the items made by box and ihaz and added the specific item abilities. So far, they are very in-style with the rest in the game. I think they did a great job on this.

Edit: Daenar7 just sent me a preview of the basic male texture. I think it's totally awesome. You can't make it look more basic than that, like seriously. ;)

Male1.jpg

Last edited:
Level 7
Wow looks amazing :O. And I must agree with everyone else -- an NPC customizer would be ideal. Would allow us to change at any time.

I could actually fix the last bugs with the character models and now also got the two basic skins for the models. So I'm ready to go. Item skins will be added as I get them from Daenar7.

So without further delay, here's the list of fixes and features you will get in the next update - let me know if I forgot something:

- Bladedancer Backstab talent fixed
- Healing salve/boar net fixed
- Gladiator's Helm stat inconsistency
- Horn of Insight tooltip inconsistency
- Pet attack command now also grants 0 aggro to all surrounding mobs; this should fix the "problem" that only the directly targeted enemy attacks the pet and all other go for the owner of the pet
- pets now take full damage from deadly boss spells when first-in-aggro (to prevent pets/mercs tanking such bosses ez-mode)
- Shield of Chivalry tooltip inconsistency
- Multishot AoE damage fixed on outer max range
- Golem spawns now won't spawn directly on top of each other, making them easier to click
- Shroud of Faithful tooltip issue
- Fixed a small mistake in the quest plant tooltip
- Orc Skull model fixed
- 20% mana reduction talent for heal and flash heal fixed
- 20% cd reduction talent for backstab and bladefury fixed
- attack speed is now granted via the same formula as spell haste through agi, for balancing reasons; low level characters now profit more from AGI, whereas high level characters won't attack absurdly fast anymore
- all chat commands can now be accessed through the heroes' command card (pet behaviour, music, pvp commands, rolling on items, etc.)
- Detonating bones will no longer completely destroy skeletons, but instead just damage them
- fixed -30% threat skill from mind breaker
- respawn mechanic changed: after the respawn timer has finished, you now actively need to confirm the respawn (at the usual 20% gold loss) or just wait for manual ressurection
- Parry skill changed to give a slightly higher chance to procc, but absorb 60% of incoming damage instead of the flat point absorb
- Skills changed to grant secondary stats as shown in the TO instead of primary stats
- Respawn timer for level 10 characters or lower is now only 30 seconds instead of 60 seconds
- Outfitter NPC added to all major towns that allows changing hair color and switching off headgear and cloak attachment models

Level 3
Did you fix the missing path blocker on the ramp beside HG?

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_112814_154923_02.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_112814_154923_02.jpg
    999.3 KB · Views: 256
Level 6
the bottom leftish part of garg area has a place where you could die and get stuck UNDER the rocks after bish ressurects you. you can move around but you are clearly beneath the rock wall that continues to the left side of murloc infested road leading to brood.

Level 7
Zwieb can u give mail items block or parry chance instead of evasion, cuz big full armored guy evading attacks as agile monk or assassin looks weird :v

Ihaz and I had some ideas to do these sorts of things with D4 armors. We'd also like to almost entirely get rid of crit additions in favor of something more interesting than just stacking crits. Perhaps tweaking the crit formula a bit could help as well. Would allow for talents to be pretty valuable as flat increases if our numbers stay lower for crit values.

Anyhow back to armor. If we're allowed to make D4 items, you can expect to see many more procs on armor. Whether its a chance to reduce damage on an attack or chance to deal spiked damage back when attacked. I think simple power creep stat increases are just about done :p.

Edit: Zwieb please add a mercenary person to Lumberjack camp!

Level 9
The way i see it, evasion is effectively block, it results in taking less damage, I don't see a point adding a stat that does literally the exact same thing as another stat, but just under a different title. Also, for a chance for damage reduction we already have Parry on the mail characters. As just a normal stat that would apply to normal armor, a procc would be good though, like Box was saying, but as a stat, I don't think it'd be a good idea.

Level 3
i have 1 idea... nerf the skills and make to u can buy upgrade skills

Magician
fireball from (2.5 spell power)..--> 1.75 spell power --> upgrade 2.5x
frost cage from 20 sec ---> 10sec + 0.10 spell power every sec --> 15sec + 0.20 spell power every sec
magic missile from 5 missile 0.7 sp ---> 3 + 0.5 sp --->Up 6 + 0.6 sp
despell from 0 cd ----> 10 cd --> Up 5 cd
Water globes from 4x sp ---> 2globes + 1.5x sp every globe --> Up 4 globes +
1.25x sp every globe
Fire shield from 60 sec cd and 0.15x sp --> 60 sec 0.10x sp ---> Up 45sec 0.20x sp
Meteor strike from 2x sp from hit by meteor and 2.5x sp --> 1.75x sp + 1 sec stun if take hit from meteor and 1.5x sp ---> Up 2.5x + 1.5 sec stun if take hit from meteor and 2x sp

Cleric
Soul strike from 3x sp ---> 2x sp ---> Up 3x sp
Heal from 5x sp ---> 2x sp ----> 4x sp
Crippling Curse from 7x ----> 0.30x sp every sec ----> Up 0.50x sp every sec
Ressurection from 0 cd ----> 60 sec cd ----> Up 30 sec cd
Symbol of fury from duraction 45sec + 15% As ---> 30sec dur + 10% As + 10%SH ----> Up 30 sec dur 20% As + 20% SH
Burst of light from 7x -----> 4x sp ---> Up 7x sp
Confidence from 15% Resists and 3% evasion ---> 10% resists + 0.5 hp/s (evasion remove) ----> 15% resists 0.75 hp/s

Ranger
Flaming Arrow from 2x Ap and 1ap ----> 1x Ap and 0.1x ap every sec --->Up 2x ap and 0.2x ap every sec
Claw strike from 10 sec cd and 2x pap ----> 10 sec and 1x ap ---->Up 5 sec and 2x ap
Ensnare from 10 sec dur---> 5 sec + 10% bonus ap to ensnare target ----> Up 10 sec + 15% bonus ap to ensnare target
Remedy from 7x sp ----> 3x sp ---> Up 6x sp
Felines reflexes from 150% as and ms 50% and 50% sh ---> 50% as 25% ms and sh ---> Up 100% as and 40% ms and sh
Barded arrow from 4x ap ---> 2x ap ----> Up 4x ap

Thief

Stealth from double damage from behind ---> 75% bonus damage from behind ---> Up 125% bonus damage from behind
Backstab from 0.7x ap and dd from stealth ----> 0.6x ap + 50% from stealth----> Up 0.9x ap + 100% from stealth
Steal from 60 cd and low change item ----> 60 sec and 15% change for item---> Up 45 sec and 30% change for item
Embrittling Acid from 0.33x lvl reduse armor ---> 0.2x ap reduse armor --->Up 0.4x ap reduse armor
Dazing Trap from 20 sec ----> 15 sec and 1h hit 25% bonus damage --->Up 20 sec and 1h hit 50% bonus damage
Blurred Motions from 30% reduse threat ---> 20% + gain 10 ap for 5 sec ---> 30% reduse threat gain 20 ap for 5 sec
Sweeping Blades from 90 sec cd ----> 90 cd and every hit take half threat --->Up 60 cd and every hit take half threat

Square
Taunt from 4 sec dur ---> 3 sec and gain 5 armor -----> Up 5 sec and gain 10 armor
Hateful Strike from 1.5x ap 1 sec stun ---> 1x ap + 0.75 stun --->Up 2x ap and 1 sec stun
Gaping Wounds from 0.5x ap ---> 0.25x ap every sec ----> Up 0.5x ap every sec
Shield Slam from 2x str ---> 2x sp ---> Up 4x sp
Heroric Presence from 20% threat ---> 15% threat + 0.1x sp reflect dmg and -10 armor ---> 25% threat +0.2x sp reflect dmg and -10 armor
Revenge from 5x ap ---> 3x ap ---> Up 5x ap
Parry from 10% block change ---> 5% block change + 5% increase threat every block --->Up 10% block change + 10% increase threat

thats is my idea u like my idea but some things its impossible :p

i have 1 idea... nerf the skills and make to u can buy upgrade skills

Magician
fireball from (2.5 spell power)..--> 1.75 spell power --> upgrade 2.5x
frost cage from 20 sec ---> 10sec + 0.10 spell power every sec --> 15sec + 0.20 spell power every sec
magic missile from 5 missile 0.7 sp ---> 3 + 0.5 sp --->Up 6 + 0.6 sp
despell from 0 cd ----> 10 cd --> Up 5 cd
Water globes from 4x sp ---> 2globes + 1.5x sp every globe --> Up 4 globes +
1.25x sp every globe
Fire shield from 60 sec cd and 0.15x sp --> 60 sec 0.10x sp ---> Up 45sec 0.20x sp
Meteor strike from 2x sp from hit by meteor and 2.5x sp --> 1.75x sp + 1 sec stun if take hit from meteor and 1.5x sp ---> Up 2.5x + 1.5 sec stun if take hit from meteor and 2x sp

Cleric
Soul strike from 3x sp ---> 2x sp ---> Up 3x sp
Heal from 5x sp ---> 2x sp ----> 4x sp
Crippling Curse from 7x ----> 0.30x sp every sec ----> Up 0.50x sp every sec
Ressurection from 0 cd ----> 60 sec cd ----> Up 30 sec cd
Symbol of fury from duraction 45sec + 15% As ---> 30sec dur + 10% As + 10%SH ----> Up 30 sec dur 20% As + 20% SH
Burst of light from 7x -----> 4x sp ---> Up 7x sp
Confidence from 15% Resists and 3% evasion ---> 10% resists + 0.5 hp/s (evasion remove) ----> 15% resists 0.75 hp/s

Ranger
Flaming Arrow from 2x Ap and 1ap ----> 1x Ap and 0.1x ap every sec --->Up 2x ap and 0.2x ap every sec
Claw strike from 10 sec cd and 2x pap ----> 10 sec and 1x ap ---->Up 5 sec and 2x ap
Ensnare from 10 sec dur---> 5 sec + 10% bonus ap to ensnare target ----> Up 10 sec + 15% bonus ap to ensnare target
Remedy from 7x sp ----> 3x sp ---> Up 6x sp
Felines reflexes from 150% as and ms 50% and 50% sh ---> 50% as 25% ms and sh ---> Up 100% as and 40% ms and sh
Barded arrow from 4x ap ---> 2x ap ----> Up 4x ap

Thief

Stealth from double damage from behind ---> 75% bonus damage from behind ---> Up 125% bonus damage from behind
Backstab from 0.7x ap and dd from stealth ----> 0.6x ap + 50% from stealth----> Up 0.9x ap + 100% from stealth
Steal from 60 cd and low change item ----> 60 sec and 15% change for item---> Up 45 sec and 30% change for item
Embrittling Acid from 0.33x lvl reduse armor ---> 0.2x ap reduse armor --->Up 0.4x ap reduse armor
Dazing Trap from 20 sec ----> 15 sec and 1h hit 25% bonus damage --->Up 20 sec and 1h hit 50% bonus damage
Blurred Motions from 30% reduse threat ---> 20% + gain 10 ap for 5 sec ---> 30% reduse threat gain 20 ap for 5 sec
Sweeping Blades from 90 sec cd ----> 90 cd and every hit take half threat --->Up 60 cd and every hit take half threat

Square
Taunt from 4 sec dur ---> 3 sec and gain 5 armor -----> Up 5 sec and gain 10 armor
Hateful Strike from 1.5x ap 1 sec stun ---> 1x ap + 0.75 stun --->Up 2x ap and 1 sec stun
Gaping Wounds from 0.5x ap ---> 0.25x ap every sec ----> Up 0.5x ap every sec
Shield Slam from 2x str ---> 2x sp ---> Up 4x sp
Heroric Presence from 20% threat ---> 15% threat + 0.1x sp reflect dmg and -10 armor ---> 25% threat +0.2x sp reflect dmg and -10 armor
Revenge from 5x ap ---> 3x ap ---> Up 5x ap
Parry from 10% block change ---> 5% block change + 5% increase threat every block --->Up 10% block change + 10% increase threat

thats is my idea u like my idea but some things its impossible :p
That imho is a terrible idea, as it messes up the whole balancing. Also, it heavily favours classes with a lot of "white" damage.

Upgrading percentual skills is generally a bad idea. The reason why games like WoW had upgradable skills was to increase the mana consumption over gear progression. But the skills alone were always static, never percent-based.
And even WoW got rid of the upgradable spells at some point, because it's literally just an additional one-shot gold sink.

Level 10
Are we gonna see a change in the max level ? like an increase to 60 , 70 ?

I believe the intentions are to leave lvl 50 as max level and create d4 (and all other future dungeons/bosses if and when they are ever created) as a level 50 dungeon. Essentially we have reached the point in the game where we won't get much stronger as players aside maybe some gear or skill changes, but the dungeon bosses might get up to level 54/55 for future content so it'll become more about skill and party structure and less about having a 'high' level. In other words we won't get much stronger as players but the game will get a lot harder making the rest of the game for those hard core players and Gaias Enthusiasts

Level 6
hey Zwieb, the new skills are cool. However i dont see the need why the value of each skill should be the same for each class. Cant u make the values different for each class? it would be easier to balance if they are different for each class. Then you can adjust the values depending on how players build their characters. Some skills just dont get alot of points, and some are always with high points. So in those cases, u will nerf the skills always taken, and buff the skills not taken. You can do this easily if each class has his own value for the skills.

Level 7
hey Zwieb, the new skills are cool. However i dont see the need why the value of each skill should be the same for each class. Cant u make the values different for each class? it would be easier to balance if they are different for each class. Then you can adjust the values depending on how players build their characters. Some skills just dont get alot of points, and some are always with high points. So in those cases, u will nerf the skills always taken, and buff the skills not taken. You can do this easily if each class has his own value for the skills.

The whole skill system is getting overhauled anyway. It should now be much more diversified in how people would like to build their characters.

Level 3
So since no one has talked about skills, here's my take on some of them. The main focus will be on single target tanks.

At the moment, we have 3 tank classes, monk crusader and 1h zerk. From what i see in this update, 1h zerks will be much better than what they currently are and this makes me happy. However backhand was created with the intention of maintaining aggro based on evasion, which wont be an issue since backhand generates lots of aggro and 1h zerks will be utilizing shield slam a lot too.

so my question is: how will you ensure a 1h zerk can maintain aggro from a leadership str build unyielding zeal pummeling crusader? It is not impossible that 2 of these classes will coexist in the same game at any point. If the 1h zerk is unable to hold aggro, what use is backhand or even the point of the class anyway? Oh dont forget steel body blazing fist monks too.

Level 9
Well Berserker is not supposed to be the main tank, even utilizing its 1h path, its only supposed to be an off-tank, so its NOT supposed to out aggro the Crusader build you mentioned, its supposed to take the back seat and just dps

Level 3
Well Berserker is not supposed to be the main tank, even utilizing its 1h path, its only supposed to be an off-tank, so its NOT supposed to out aggro the Crusader build you mentioned, its supposed to take the back seat and just dps

look at backhand again, it refreshes its cooldown when the zerk evades an attack and has a long cooldown of 30 secs. if you wanted the zerk to be the offtank, why go 1h in the first place? also there are many better candidates for back seat melee dps classes. the point is if you dont actually draw aggro, how what damage will you be evading? wheres the cooldown reset? wheres the aggro? why go 1h zerk?

Level 3
Well Berserker is not supposed to be the main tank, even utilizing its 1h path

well this is not true. my maxed out 1h zerk has more EHP than my maxed out crusader due to his high evasion. you are also not supposed to go pure str/int + con on a tank because the in current metagame 700 hp is sufficient with a decent healer.

Level 9
What I said is not true currently because you are right as you only need around 700 hp, like my crusader has also. But that's going to change next version with the stat overhaul, and the new additions in gear and implementation of new Bosses etc.

The 1h path is supposed to allow a Berserker to become the tank in a last ditch effort, or mostly to allow it to be a very efficient offtank compared to a 2h Berserker, with the added armor and 20% negated damage. Ideally you still do not want a Berserker to be tanking over a Crusader as on average Crusader is going to be taking less damage and has the ability to heal itself (Berserkers do not have that option)

I'm not saying 1h Berserkers are pointless or cant main tank, its just that their role atleast to me seems like they are better suited for offtanking and picking up the adds that your main tank doesn't or just simply cant. While at the same time, if you wanted to they can become main tanks for a boss, if the boss doesn't have adds.

The point of backhand is so when you have a Berserker tanking as the main tank its not shit out of luck in the aggro department, or its supposed to allow the Berserker to actually become the main tank on certain bosses that might not have many spawns, or you might just want the A.O.E tank to only have to deal with spawns and not the boss+spawns

Level 3
that's also true that the crusader should still be the best tank in the game but what i am also trying to say is that 1h zerk is a very viable main tank as well. The problem is that crusaders are generally more popular than 1h zerks and i forsee its a very common thing to see if 1h zerks are "left out" again as they are in the current meta. but we'll see when the next version is released.

Status
Not open for further replies.