1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Upcoming changes to skills and character models & new abilities

Discussion in 'Gaias Retaliation ORPG' started by Zwiebelchen, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Ihazdialup

Ihazdialup

Resources:
    Resources:
    kinda excited, can't wait to see the new stat system and textures

2. Shamu

Shamu

Resources:
    Resources:
    Will the new stat system be part of the update with the new models or will it come later with the new content?

3. Ihazdialup

Ihazdialup

Resources:
    Resources:
    The new stat system is coming with the models I believe

4. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    The new stat system doesnt take long to make so yeah if you want i can include it to the updatr that brings the new models and textures.

5. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    A preview on the portraits. Thief and Ranger will use the base armor texture instead of naked skin as soon as its done.

I've also remastered the female skin texture and added a lot more detail.

Attached Files:

6. galactcus

galactcus

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    wow its amazing!!!!! :O

7. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Squire portrait done.

[​IMG]

That means all 5 hero models are completed with both portrait and unit model. Next week, I'll start creating the armor textures and doing ingame tests of the new models and texture swapping approach.

As a bonus for all your patience with the new release, I'm open for any suggestions for armor texture designs.

So you guys can feel free to post some cool fantasy style armor designs as inspiration for me to work with! Everyone reading this thread is allowed to post one female (must have a leather-feel to it) and one male (must have a cloth feel to it) armor design you'd like to see implemented into the game! I will do my best to design a texture that is heavily inspired by your submission!

The style should fit into a high-fantasy setting. Also, if you submit an example, please make sure the picture:
    1) also includes the lower body design (so that I don't have to think about how the legs should be designed)
    2) is properly shaded. The more visible details, the better! Sketches usually leave too much room for interpretation, so please avoid those. The better a drawing or picture is shaded, the easier it is for me to pick colors.

Examples:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
  8. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    So nobody wants to contribute ideas? That's disappointing...

9. galactcus

galactcus

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    im searching a good one, wait! :D

10. Jumbo

Jumbo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Found one
    [​IMG]

11. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Pretty cool; I like it. As there's plenty of xxx hide armors in the game, I'm perfectly sure this is needed.

12. Jumbo

Jumbo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Glad you liked it and I agree about the xxx thing, which is kinda depressing.

And here is the male one. It looks dark, so perhaps necro set, but I don't mind if its monk or bishop focused. A dark monk/bishop is good for variety anyway. I hope we won't be able to see the skin of the arm like on the picture, but otherwise it looks good enough.
    [​IMG]

13. BoxOfFaith

BoxOfFaith

Resources:
    Resources:
  14. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    @ Jumbo: Looks like a monk armor to me. Nice find! Though it probably won't be an "epic" item, but that's imho desirable, as there's lots of armor skins needed for lower level armors and it's hard to find pictures of that on the interwebs.

@Box: ahh... the classy chainmail bikini look. There's gonna be at least one and I'm okay with that. ;)

15. BoxOfFaith

BoxOfFaith

Resources:
    Resources:
    I didn't find it to be entirely too slutty :p. Theres some much worse ones obviously xD.

[​IMG] (That part over her shoulder on the left is her BOW, so its not part of the armor skin).

[​IMG]

This is what most end game Aion leather looks like.. With tons of spikey looking things sticking out all over the place.

[​IMG]

And one last one :p. I guess it looks somewhat chainish but Im sure you could texture it down to look more leathery.

16. grekern

grekern

Resources:
    Resources:
    I kind of like the Demon hunter armor from D3

[​IMG]

And you could perhaps make a reference to the Magica game with this, although that would also include a hat.
    [​IMG]

17. BoxOfFaith

BoxOfFaith

Resources:
    Resources:
    One thing about mage armor that Im unsure about is that I feel how it looks will come down to how the hat looks. Though perhaps if we're getting more than just a cape like it was previously, this could change :p. Everything on magician characters looked awful with those simple gray robes! Only the nice big hats saved it :p.

18. Shamu

Shamu

Resources:
    Resources:
    The obvious one for any monk

[​IMG]

or on a more serious note, did someone say mandatory kung fu dude for monks?

[​IMG]

If a topless monk looks like an idiot or can't be done, then I guess this picture won't help at all. But those pants look super comfortable and perfect for all of the monks monsterbashing needs. It also doesn't involve the amount of detail from other pictures, and I guess its kind of a monk thing that they might want to be humble and not so flashy.

19. Jumbo

Jumbo

Resources:
    Resources:
    When you say low level Zwie, do you mean lvl 35-45 or even lower?

20. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    @Box: Errr... I don't think that's the type of style we are looking for... Looks too much power-ranger-esque to me. Also, they don't look like leather armor to me, more like plate or mail armor.

@Shamu: I should have seen that coming. ;)