• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ultimate Battle v2.50

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.

Warcraft: Ultimate Battle v2.50++
UB Development Team
@Unregret, @ZiBitheWand3r3r and @Wa666r

***Note: Map-pack required this package to work properly***
- Download package: [UB] Resource Package
- Read Me

- For WC3 TFT 1.26+: Put the map to your WC3 root directory (Ex. C:/Program Files/Warcraft 3/Maps)
- For WC3 TFT 1.28+: Put the map to "Your PC name"/Documents/Warcraft 3/Maps
- For WC3 TFT 1.30+: Under Development....

- Change the way resoures work.
- Tiny size map-pack, all required only one package.
- Fix Tavern Hero Spells.

Map Info

This is a total race compilation. You can play with original AI and custom AI at the same time. This map is exclusive for Hiveworkshop only. No permission to re-post it in other website.

*Note*: Avoid playing Night Elf AI, it may cause lag due to map terrain (Building order of Wisp is stuck by trees and Moon Well). Currently happened with Legacy maps.

*For suggestion about this project or show your interest to add your own race into UB, please create a thread in:
- Project Page & Main Forum/Threads: Warcraft: Ultimate Battle
- Download older version which work for multiplayer hosting: [UB] Legacy Versions
- Download unprotected version, for similar modders: [UB] Unprotected Versions
Credit

If I miss anyone, please tell me.

- Tech-tree Suggestion: @MogulKahn.
- Model Suggestion: @stein123, @Mister_Haudrauf.

- Spell: @Kam, @KILLCIDE...
- Tech-tree: @Sunreaver, @Skyfira...

- Buildings: @Ujimasa Hojo, @Mr.Henci...
- Units: @General Frank, @Apheraz Lucent, @Cavman, @Sellenisko, @PROXY, @stonneash, @NFWar, @JollyD, @Hayate, @Uncle Fester, @Kuhneghetz, @Kitabatake, @JesusHipster, @stan0033, @CloudWolf, @paulH, @FrIkY, @SinisterX, @Hawkwing, @Fokyip, @Legal_Ease, @MasterHaosis, @Wandering Soul, @skrab, @AndrewOverload519, @Tranquil, @Mechanical Man, @takakenji, @Ket, @paladinjst, @Callahan, @Fuzzyfury, @Darkfang, @Mr.Goblin, @morbent, @Sin'dorei300, @Tarrasque, @Grendel, @Kimbo, @Mecheon, @migB, @armel, @assasin_lord, @Haistrah, @CreatorD3292, @CeDil, @exfyre, @Storm_PCF, @Greeksaga, @4eNNightmare, , @dickxunder, @GooS, @Toroto, @Salmon, @AnemicRoyalty, @ReplikanT, @Frankster, @Shiv, @Ergius, @SamuraiPanda, @NatDis, @Elenai, @Norinrad, @kaycei, @Mc !, @Sephiroth_VII, @Illidan_09, @67_chrome, @Golden-Drake, @HandCLAW, @CRAZYRUSSIAN, @Marcos DAB, @Palaslayer, @Praytic, @Hadeis, @Killd0zer, @Mythic, @Pyritie, @s4nji, @Direfury, @CreatorD3292, @UgoUgo, @Ampharos_222, @infrenus, @Edge45, @Thrikodius, @Xelthyr, @The Grim Reaper, @Alastor, @WILL THE ALMIGHTY, @Afronight_76, @wingednosering, @donut3.5, @sigelang, @Dan van Ohllus, @bigapple90, @NFWar, @D.ee, @kitties :3, @CombatTheWombat, @Infinitynexus, @Serbianbeast, @KelThuzad, @Berz-, @JetFangInferno, @tjordell, @chr2, @Rmx, @cyberkid, @Dekku, @Dentothor, @L_Lawliet.

Contents

Andorhal (Map)

Booty Bay (Map)

Devil's Cauldron (Map)

Divide and Conquer (Map)

Dustwallow Keys (Map)

Echo Isles (Map)

Emerald Gardens (Map)

Gnoll Wood (Map)

Ice Crown (Map)

Lost Temple (Map)

Raging Stream (Map)

Twisted Meadows (Map)

Level 15
For me it is not possible to download the latest version. It just stops downloading after a while. After it downloads 17 mbs of the map, to be precise. Tried to download it many times, ever time it drops to 0 b/s in the end.

And getting Network Error after a while.

Last edited:
Level 14
For me it is not possible to download the latest version. It just stops downloading after a while. After it downloads 17 mbs of the map, to be precise. Tried to download it many times, ever time it drops to 0 b/s in the end.

And getting Network Error after a while.
Probably you try to download when I keep editing page topic, try to download again later.

Level 15
Managed to get it around 50 mbs max, and it just stops. It doesn't download at all.

EDIT: CCleaner fixed it.

Tried Taurens, and damn, I really like them. Few new additions you did are really cool. Few problems though:

1. Tauren Elder doesn't have Pulverize while it is written in the description of the Primalist's spell.
2. Soul Seer's Rectify doesn't work. It doesn't heal at all.
3. Spirit Wyvern's upper, passive ability (I guess True Sight) has no description.
4. Valiant's second spell (I guess War Stomp) has no description.
5. I would rename Lorekeeper's Serpent Ward into Manabane Totem or Serpent Watcher, to avoid duplicate names.
6. Electrocutor's Electric Hide has different icon in the building (Forked Lightning).
7. Uprooted Trading Caravan's spell has no description (I guess it is Eat Tree).

Also, do you need help with the item for the Item Shop? I can thought out some suggestions for you, mate.

I guess Bandits are still not yet finished? Because I can see that you have changed some units, while the others are still there.
Also, you should change that Wind Elemental model in Dalaran race.

Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I played around with the newest version, and I have to say it's definitely an improvement (taking out all the Furbolg). : )

I largely agree with MogulKhan's excellent suggestions (especially to help diversify your models). I think one of the things I've learned about doing "one-race Factions" is that you've really got to find some way to successfully diversify; otherwise it all looks homogenous. One of the best ways to diversify is to incorporate some combination of Constructs (Mechanical units, Elementals, etc) and/or Creatures (non-sentient/sapient critters, creeps, animals, etc)

I think the Spirit Wyvern, the Dragon, the Ram, and the Kodo-rider are definitely good steps in that direction (especially the Wyvern, feels very Tauren to me). However, I have to submit you could go even further. Right now, for example, the "caster barracks" feels very same-y; it helps you have a female & black Tauren, but the other two feel nearly identical. Two of the casters even both have a debuff spell; might be beneficial to really stress the "support/offensive/defensive" caster dichotomy. Maybe even remove a caster & replace it with the Spirit Wyvern?

I also think you could strip out a few more Tauren in exchange for more non-Tauren; not Furbolgs, but perhaps the "Tallstriders" that were in the original Ominous Horizons build, as well as some sort of rider-less Kodo.

I rather like the new Hero added in, and kinda feel like the other 3 are, again, a bit same-y. Nothing about them stands out, whereas the OH heroes (Battlechief, Ardent, Thaumaturge & Plainstrider) all had very strong thematic elements that stood out from each other.

Good luck.

Level 15
Damn, man. Bandits are looking good. I don't know about you, but I am really liking them. Really feel like you are playing Defias Brotherood.

Just three things:
- Enforcer's Vigor doesn't give bonus armor, only bonus damage.
- Also Taskmaster is using Archamage's model. I would use at least this skin, to differentiate them a bit. HeroArchmage.blp
- Also, not sure if Harvest Golem's third ability (Deep Wounds or something like that) works.

Also, good decision for Wind Elemental. And I would rename Highmountain into Tauren only. We can make Highmountain Tauren some other day, I guess.

EDIT: Checked Taurens. I see that you have fixed some things, but some things are still there.

1. Tauren Elder doesn't have Pulverize while it is written in the description of the Primalist's spell.
2. Soul Seer's Rectify doesn't work. It doesn't heal at all.
3. Spirit Wyvern's upper, passive ability (I guess True Sight) has no description.
4. Valiant's second spell (I guess War Stomp) has no description.
5. You have changed name of the totem, but in the ability description, it is still Serpent Ward.
6. Uprooted Trading Caravan's spell has no description (I guess it is Eat Tree). Also, they need more items.

Last edited:
Level 1
Ok, I gotta ask, why give the Pandarians samurai and ninjas as their units when it is pretty obvious that the race is based on ancient china? Like I don't want to be an asshole, but common now, it's not that hard to find unit inspirations based on Ancient China. Total War Three Kingdoms is right there if you didn't want to read actual history books. And like even ignoring that the Pandarians are obviously based on China and not Japan, how does samurai and ninjas fit in with a race of mainly monks?

Last edited:
Level 1
I found some bugs

In Legion race doomguard dont have atack
Dranei in breeding dont have option to recruit troops the same thing is in the angelic asylum

My version game is 1.27.1.7085

Level 1
Hi !

I started playing the map with a couple of friends. Firstly, I have to say: very impressive work, absolutely amazing ! I've just been playing with Dalaran, Forsaken and Nightborne so far. Nightborne lacks an OP unit but then again, I've just played with it like twice or thrice so maybe I didn't get to see all the units more closely.

There are definitely a couple minor bugs like the text on the gold mine or items being displayed in a different position on the screen. Also, I've noticed that choosing Bandit or Legion for the AI doesn't work: the workers for the races just mine gold and don't do anything else.

We're playing on 1.26a, we're using GameRanger, the free version of WC3 (I personally have Reforged bought) and it's been going great, with no drops or lagspikes. On 1.27b we're experiencing a lot of drops and just general lag. For 1.26a, we managed to override the old map size limit by adding 2 files in the WC3 folder and thus we can also play the map together. Normally, without fixing the issue with the map size limit, we could only have played this map separately, in singleplayer. There is a thread explaining how to add those 2 files and how to make them work for everyone wanting to play this map multiplayer on 1.26a (or any other map that has a bigger size than 8MB, iirc).

1.27b causes massive lag and from 1.28 onward you can only play WC3 from a launcher so it kinda eliminates the access GameRanger used to have with older versions. For these reasons, I hope some players might find this comment, and the thread that comes with it, a bit useful.

Level 1
Level 1
World of Warcraft is mumbo jumbo. No need to be so dramatic. It's not a game of historical facts. It's fantasy. Monks can blend well together even with brothel personnel.
Not really, and even historically inaccuracy aside, it is a problem with internal consistency. You might as well just give orcs night elf units then if you're gonna say it doesn't matter.

Blizzard themselves consistently shown the Pandarens to be based on Monks, not ninjas and not samurai. Even if you don't give a shit about historical accuracy, it still goes against the established aesthetics of the Pandarens to give them samurai and ninjas. It makes no sense regardless of how you look at it.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Not really, and even historically inaccuracy aside, it is a problem with internal consistency. You might as well just give orcs night elf units then if you're gonna say it doesn't matter.
You're making a huge comparison. Japan was influenced by China. They are both Eastern Asian cultures. They have many similar things. It's not like what you mentioned, a difference between China and Egypt.
Blizzard themselves consistently shown the Pandarens to be based on Monks, not ninjas and not samurai. Even if you don't give a shit about historical accuracy, it still goes against the established aesthetics of the Pandarens to give them samurai and ninjas. It makes no sense regardless of how you look at it.
That's another perspective. However, there are probably limitations in regards to models out there and stuff.
Also, let's be frank here. Tell me the Fire Pandared doesn't wield two katanas:
pandajapan.png

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
My inability to find time to respond to this particular line of discussion is killing me... However before it gets too far I just wanted to ask @Penguini603 about some of those Chinese concepts/tropes that they think would fit the Pandaren.

I'm honestly curious; especially about how resonant they are (thematically).

Level 1
You're making a huge comparison. Japan was influenced by China. They are both Eastern Asian cultures. They have many similar things. It's not like what you mentioned, a difference between China and Egypt.

That's another perspective. However, there are probably limitations in regards to models out there and stuff.
Also, let's be frank here. Tell me the Fire Pandared doesn't wield two katanas:

it's closer to a chinese Dao seeing as Katanas are not that thick while Daos are.
819P4nCzVJL._AC_SX425_.jpg

Level 1
My inability to find time to respond to this particular line of discussion is killing me... However before it gets too far I just wanted to ask @Penguini603 about some of those Chinese concepts/tropes that they think would fit the Pandaren.

I'm honestly curious; especially about how resonant they are (thematically).
I would say it depends on what you want to go for. If you want to purely keep then as monks, then you can go for common monk weaponry like the dual hook swords, the shaolin spade, or the butterfly swords to name a few. If you want to go for actual chinese military, i would recommend checking out either the total war three kingdoms game or http://greatmingmilitary.blogspot.com/
for some examples of what ancient china used in terms of weaponry.

Level 1
Ultimately though i just wanted to say that I reacted too rashly and I want to apologize for that. It is just a game and i shouldn't be so worked up over it. Whether the devs change the Pandarens or not, I still think this is a really cool mod, and I look forward to the future releases

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I would say it depends on what you want to go for. If you want to purely keep then as monks, then you can go for common monk weaponry like the dual hook swords, the shaolin spade, or the butterfly swords to name a few. If you want to go for actual chinese military, i would recommend checking out either the total war three kingdoms game or http://greatmingmilitary.blogspot.com/
for some examples of what ancient china used in terms of weaponry.
Well while it's true there are a number of area-accurate armaments & armors, that's not entirely useful to designing a Warcraft 3 faction. Remember, this isn't Age of Empires; we don't fill out races with "period-accurate" stuff so much as really culturally-resonant stuff, y'know like real Tropes. Warcraft races are a bit fun & silly like that, where the Trope is often more present than the cultural accuracy.

A good example might be a kind of unit I plan on putting into my own Pandaren (someday)... A "Fireworks Wagon/Cart". Like, when I think of China, I often jump to the Disney movie 'Mulan', and a big part of their culture was the creation of Fireworks, right? A big honkin' Fireworks Cart (maybe pulled by some burly Pandaren dude), bristling with lit fireworks... It makes for a cool Theme (or "Form"). And Mechanically ("Role" or "Function"), it's perfect for, say, the Pandaren's mechanical siege engine.

There's more to it than that, but I gotta protect my precious ideas. ; ) Anyway, my point is, there'll only be so many "combat units/heroes" which you could feasibly have custom modeled to feature a given "period-accurate" weapon. And there's nothing wrong with that! In fact it's a great idea, to really help sell your faction. But that assumes you can get the custom resources for it, and even then you're not looking at nearly the kind of representation that period-accurate weaponry & such would have as compared to something like Age of Empires or Civilization.

(this next part more responds to your earlier post but what they heck, I'm on a roll)

Speaking of which, I feel like your understanding of both Pandaren specifically & Blizzard's modus operandi for designing factions is a bit... lacking. For the latter (re: why samurai & ninja), I really never thought of the Pandaren as purely influenced by ancient China. Rather I saw them as a pastiche of Oriental/Asian cultures, jamming all the Cool, Tropey, Resonant stuff from that part of the world into one faction. Chinese warriors, Tibetan monks, Japanese Samurai, (??) Ninjas; it all makes reasonable sense to me given how Blizzard has designed their other factions (plus, again, it's cool. And as aforementioned, it has precedent in stuff like the Fire Pandaren).

For the former, I gotta be honest, that feels like WoW-talk to me. And if you wanna design a WoW-based Pandaren race, go right ahead. Me personally (& I know others who feel this way as well), we really don't like what WoW has done to Warcraft & love designing things that either ignore what WoW did/said, or that simply consider WoW to be "optional inspiration", if you will. : )

For me, the defining understanding of Pandarens comes from this lovely blast from the past. Definitely not just a race of monks.

Ultimately though i just wanted to say that I reacted too rashly and I want to apologize for that. It is just a game and i shouldn't be so worked up over it. Whether the devs change the Pandarens or not, I still think this is a really cool mod, and I look forward to the future releases
No problem, man. : ) It's easy to get excited about things you care about. * looks at the wall of text above...*

Level 3
Guys, is there no way to replace the map with one smaller, maybe with water, since this is a map for a lot of people, I'd love to be able to play with custom races on Twisting Meadows or some other smaller map. If there is some easy way to replace the map terrain with another can someone tell me how?

Level 17
Guys, is there no way to replace the map with one smaller, maybe with water, since this is a map for a lot of people, I'd love to be able to play with custom races on Twisting Meadows or some other smaller map. If there is some easy way to replace the map terrain with another can someone tell me how?

Remaking smaller terrain should be pretty easy, just copy a different version of the map just to make sure you're safe. then copy paste some 2v2 map. rest should take of itself because its the same map but with another more smaller lanscape mounted on it. then you shrink the playable borders and call it a day.

Should be like a day of work.

Alternatively you can spend time creating smaller terrain yourself, that should take longer i guess.

Level 3
Remaking smaller terrain should be pretty easy, just copy a different version of the map just to make sure you're safe. then copy paste some 2v2 map. rest should take of itself because its the same map but with another more smaller lanscape mounted on it. then you shrink the playable borders and call it a day.

Should be like a day of work.

Alternatively you can spend time creating smaller terrain yourself, that should take longer i guess.

Sadly some triggers break when I try to do this. I will try to export all Units, Triggers and Imported models to do it, but I find it rather strange that all versions of this project since its birth used large maps that aren't friendly for those that want to do a 1v1 or 2v2. Really wish if the devs could use Lost Temple, Twisting Meadows or other smaller maps for a basis or at least if it's going to be custom made - to be for 4 players and smaller, not epic in size.

Level 14
Sadly some triggers break when I try to do this. I will try to export all Units, Triggers and Imported models to do it, but I find it rather strange that all versions of this project since its birth used large maps that aren't friendly for those that want to do a 1v1 or 2v2. Really wish if the devs could use Lost Temple, Twisting Meadows or other smaller maps for a basis or at least if it's going to be custom made - to be for 4 play listing all map you want to experience

Please create a a thread listing all map you want to experience, and we will create separated version of each map in that section, since there is no further development process during this time. And something else you want to exclusively featured inside each map, we will also focus on that now along fixing things.

Level 3
Please create a a thread listing all map you want to experience, and we will create separated version of each map in that section, since there is no further development process during this time. And something else you want to exclusively featured inside each map, we will also focus on that now along fixing things.

Did just that, thanks! Also included a possible bug in the latest version.

Level 14
Level 3
Amazing work @Unregret I will keep testing these new maps! You got a regular here with me and I'd love to see more maps ported over to the UB patch. Maps load super fast, everything works (after testing most of them) and I've yet to see any issues.

Level 5
Having the option to peek at the unprotected version and see how everything works is a nice idea. After playing the latest versions of Tomoraiders' campaigns, Rise of the Blood Elves and Curse of the Forsaken, I want to make my own campaign using some of these custom races.

Level 14
Having the option to peek at the unprotected version and see how everything works is a nice idea. After playing the latest versions of Tomoraiders' campaigns, Rise of the Blood Elves and Curse of the Forsaken, I want to make my own campaign using some of these custom races.
Technically, you are free to use the latest OE and triggers to import into your campaign, along with the package (or you can go with only one race at the time, check melee makers work for single race data). This campaign could be time-consuming, depend on what you want to achieve and team you are working with, but you have my support on any kind of data you need for each map. I suggest 2-players campaign with at least 1-2 races.

Level 5
Technically, you are free to use the latest OE and triggers to import into your campaign, along with the package (or you can go with only one race at the time, check melee makers work for single race data). This campaign could be time-consuming, depend on what you want to achieve and team you are working with, but you have my support on any kind of data you need for each map. I suggest 2-players campaign with at least 1-2 races.

I don't know how to do a 2p campaign, as interesting as the idea is, I've just always wanted to incorporate multiple races so the end level of the campaign is a massive slaughterhouse between the various factions against a single, but massive, united force. Wa666r's custom races are basically what gave me the idea in the first place, alongside Tomoraider's Blood Elf and Forsaken campaigns. With War3 having 24 player slots now, I could actually do a 23v1, though depending on how my computer copes, I may not go that far.

Some of the more complicated stuff, like the script triggers, I'm not very good at, so I'll tweak some stuff to simplify it down. I also have issues with the AI editor crashing WE when I try to test custom AI, so having less complicated triggers running might make the process smoother if I have to use Trigger-based AIs, which is something I'm adept at.

I've had several versions of the campaign sitting around for years, each with its own idea/story, but I've never tried to upload anything to HIVE in the years I've been browsing other people's content. Now that I have an account, I can make a basic version with a few levels to set up the story, then upload and add on over time, tweaking things based on feedback, such as bug reporting. Turnro did the same with his Malfurion campaign, so it's not a bad approach. It will take a little while though. Last time I was working on this, I didn't have a job eating up my free time.

Level 16
Really awesome work! There are some bugs though (as far as I was able to notice).
1. SC's airship and crusader's redemption upgrade require Castle instead of Monastery. So, unable to train or research them.
2. BE's airship and pegasus rider's thunder upgrade require Castle instead of BE one. Same as above.
3. As for Corrupted, hellcaller's third spell damages allied units instead of enemies (must heal allies while damaging enemies as written in description). Nightshade is unselectable and thus cannot be controlled or spotted.
4. FO and Tauren AI cannot build techtree if chosen for other players.
5. I played this on 1.26 and dunno if some probs are patch things.
I hope you will find and fix them soon.

Level 1
Hey! Really awesome map but the latest version is unplayable for me. I have 1.29. Some icons are missing and the main structure (I've tried every race) are uninteractable for me, meaning I can't make workers. It even happens with the ai. Hope you fix it soon. Thanks
326632-d37c00a06a4fe31a14d42a066d27ac11.jpg
UB icon.jpeg

Level 1
I am stuck. I am able to play most of the maps, but I somehow the 12 player like ice crown is not pulling up. I have patch 1.27b, and I also downloaded the required files for the maps.