• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ultimate Battle v2.50

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.

Warcraft: Ultimate Battle v2.50++
UB Development Team
@Unregret, @ZiBitheWand3r3r and @Wa666r

***Note: Map-pack required this package to work properly***
- Download package: [UB] Resource Package
- Read Me

- For WC3 TFT 1.26+: Put the map to your WC3 root directory (Ex. C:/Program Files/Warcraft 3/Maps)
- For WC3 TFT 1.28+: Put the map to "Your PC name"/Documents/Warcraft 3/Maps
- For WC3 TFT 1.30+: Under Development....

- Change the way resoures work.
- Tiny size map-pack, all required only one package.
- Fix Tavern Hero Spells.

Map Info

This is a total race compilation. You can play with original AI and custom AI at the same time. This map is exclusive for Hiveworkshop only. No permission to re-post it in other website.

*Note*: Avoid playing Night Elf AI, it may cause lag due to map terrain (Building order of Wisp is stuck by trees and Moon Well). Currently happened with Legacy maps.

*For suggestion about this project or show your interest to add your own race into UB, please create a thread in:
- Project Page & Main Forum/Threads: Warcraft: Ultimate Battle
- Download older version which work for multiplayer hosting: [UB] Legacy Versions
- Download unprotected version, for similar modders: [UB] Unprotected Versions
Credit

If I miss anyone, please tell me.

- Tech-tree Suggestion: @MogulKahn.
- Model Suggestion: @stein123, @Mister_Haudrauf.

- Spell: @Kam, @KILLCIDE...
- Tech-tree: @Sunreaver, @Skyfira...

- Buildings: @Ujimasa Hojo, @Mr.Henci...
- Units: @General Frank, @Apheraz Lucent, @Cavman, @Sellenisko, @PROXY, @stonneash, @NFWar, @JollyD, @Hayate, @Uncle Fester, @Kuhneghetz, @Kitabatake, @JesusHipster, @stan0033, @CloudWolf, @paulH, @FrIkY, @SinisterX, @Hawkwing, @Fokyip, @Legal_Ease, @MasterHaosis, @Wandering Soul, @skrab, @AndrewOverload519, @Tranquil, @Mechanical Man, @takakenji, @Ket, @paladinjst, @Callahan, @Fuzzyfury, @Darkfang, @Mr.Goblin, @morbent, @Sin'dorei300, @Tarrasque, @Grendel, @Kimbo, @Mecheon, @migB, @armel, @assasin_lord, @Haistrah, @CreatorD3292, @CeDil, @exfyre, @Storm_PCF, @Greeksaga, @4eNNightmare, , @dickxunder, @GooS, @Toroto, @Salmon, @AnemicRoyalty, @ReplikanT, @Frankster, @Shiv, @Ergius, @SamuraiPanda, @NatDis, @Elenai, @Norinrad, @kaycei, @Mc !, @Sephiroth_VII, @Illidan_09, @67_chrome, @Golden-Drake, @HandCLAW, @CRAZYRUSSIAN, @Marcos DAB, @Palaslayer, @Praytic, @Hadeis, @Killd0zer, @Mythic, @Pyritie, @s4nji, @Direfury, @CreatorD3292, @UgoUgo, @Ampharos_222, @infrenus, @Edge45, @Thrikodius, @Xelthyr, @The Grim Reaper, @Alastor, @WILL THE ALMIGHTY, @Afronight_76, @wingednosering, @donut3.5, @sigelang, @Dan van Ohllus, @bigapple90, @NFWar, @D.ee, @kitties :3, @CombatTheWombat, @Infinitynexus, @Serbianbeast, @KelThuzad, @Berz-, @JetFangInferno, @tjordell, @chr2, @Rmx, @cyberkid, @Dekku, @Dentothor, @L_Lawliet.

Contents

Andorhal (Map)

Booty Bay (Map)

Devil's Cauldron (Map)

Divide and Conquer (Map)

Dustwallow Keys (Map)

Echo Isles (Map)

Emerald Gardens (Map)

Gnoll Wood (Map)

Ice Crown (Map)

Lost Temple (Map)

Raging Stream (Map)

Twisted Meadows (Map)

Level 3
Love this map, used to play all the time years ago. Just decided to get back on to WC3 but I'm abit lost with the instructions, apologies.

As I'm on Reforged, I think I need to download the legacy maps - 2.40 version and save it in the maps download folder which I've done. However a lot of the races are missing structures when they're built, they disappearing. I wanted to check if I've done someting wrong there? Any advice would be great

Thanks in advance!

Level 28
Love this map, used to play all the time years ago. Just decided to get back on to WC3 but I'm abit lost with the instructions, apologies.

As I'm on Reforged, I think I need to download the legacy maps - 2.40 version and save it in the maps download folder which I've done. However a lot of the races are missing structures when they're built, they disappearing. I wanted to check if I've done someting wrong there? Any advice would be great

Thanks in advance!
You have to play this mod with SD Mode (aka "Classic") if you are going to play on Reforged. Currently, HD Mode doesn't support the mod.

Level 1
how do I play this with my friends through the same wifi connection, is it playable with my friends? Cus when I joined on the map the start button was disabled

Level 28
Can you make this work for Reforged? The custom icons and models are not working. It would also be nice to have some short cuts in the beginning to apply settings for ALL players like "random races" or something.
If you want to play on Reforged, then the latest version (the ones with Resource Package) is not a good choice for you.
Your best bet is download the older version of the map and make sure you use SD Mode (Classic) instead of HD Mode (Reforged).
[UB] Legacy Versions

Level 4
All custom models and icons are not working for me, custom icons are all green and units with custom models are invisible and unclickable

Level 28
All custom models and icons are not working for me, custom icons are all green and units with custom models are invisible and unclickable
This is because you are using Reforged (1.32), which still doesn't support the latest Ultimate Battle mod.
You should get the Legacy Version instead and ignore the Resource Package. Remember to use SD Mode, not HD Mode.
[UB] Legacy Versions

Level 1
Im also having issues with legacy versions on the reforged client with SD mode on. No buildings appear they cant be clicked on either. Have tried both 2.6 and 2.4 same issues with both.

Level 1
My review
The good thing about this is it is a good time waster while you experience different factions (rpgs and custom campaigns are also in this category but this is on a total different level which is good) i didnt test it with friends but i believe it is a even better experience than playing against ai
The bad thing is that there are some factions that when the ai plays them they dont do anything absolutely nothing and the lack of maps (psl add more maps) il give it a 8/10 keep up the good work and also something which really annoys me is when you do a ceartin thing or activate a ability the game crashes.

Last edited:
Level 1
The resource package does not appear to be working with version 1.29 since I have tried on both 1.29.1 and 1.29.2.
The map package that you download from this main page has no issues since it appears on the custom game selection and they load just fine even though there are missing icons and buildings. I know I need to download the resource package but that is where the problem arises.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong when downloading the resource package it so I'll explain what I did: I download all three files and open winrar, then I highlight all three files and click on "extract to", after that I select the main Warcraft III folder and extract the War3.mpq file which then replaces the original one (I made a backup of the original btw), after that I try to open the game which doesn't start and I instead get a message saying that "the application encountered an unexpected error" with no further details.
I also tried on version 1.27 but I cant seem to get how are you able to add custom maps. Its different from the former versions in that the Warcraft III folder is not on "documents" but rather on "program files". The problem is that the folder is non-existent in program files and creating one out of scratch does not appear to be working. I KNOW THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS MAP PACK but I was hoping someone knows how to solve this last problem so I added it just in case.
I'm sorry for the super long post but I wanted to be as detailed as possible.

Level 28
The resource package does not appear to be working with version 1.29 since I have tried on both 1.29.1 and 1.29.2.
The map package that you download from this main page has no issues since it appears on the custom game selection and they load just fine even though there are missing icons and buildings. I know I need to download the resource package but that is where the problem arises.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong when downloading the resource package it so I'll explain what I did: I download all three files and open winrar, then I highlight all three files and click on "extract to", after that I select the main Warcraft III folder and extract the War3.mpq file which then replaces the original one (I made a backup of the original btw), after that I try to open the game which doesn't start and I instead get a message saying that "the application encountered an unexpected error" with no further details.
I also tried on version 1.27 but I cant seem to get how are you able to add custom maps. Its different from the former versions in that the Warcraft III folder is not on "documents" but rather on "program files". The problem is that the folder is non-existent in program files and creating one out of scratch does not appear to be working. I KNOW THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS MAP PACK but I was hoping someone knows how to solve this last problem so I added it just in case.
I'm sorry for the super long post but I wanted to be as detailed as possible.
There is a Legacy Version. You can try this one if your latest one (Map + Resource Package) doesn't work on the latest version.
[UB] Legacy Versions

Level 27
van a sacar nuevos mapas ademas de areglar los mapas como corona de hielo y dividir y conquistar son mapas muy buenos y lastima que no funcionen en el juego espero que lo areglen un dia esos mapas y que añadan muchos mas suerte en sus trabajos
That's right, all buggy maps will be fixed and new ones will be included in subsequent updates.

Right now I am improving the AI of various races. After several tests I have seen a noticeable improvement in competitiveness and difficulty that largely mimics the AI of the original 4 WC3 races.

Once I'm done with these AIs, I'll continue to work on the remaining races. It is better to go step by step to check that everything is working correctly.

I know that many are eagerly awaiting a new update and I also hope that it will be finished soon, but if it has taken time it is because I am making sure that the quality in every aspect is worth it. :)

Level 2
I will slowly change those tool-tips in time (Those misunderstanding tool-tips are also imported from original versions of Wa666r). For AI things, i can not promise about that now due to massive amount of existing trigger in the game (cause even more lags) and that could be extremely difficult tasks (you can see plenty of custom race maps from other people, they can only replace the original AI of Human, Orc, Undead or Nightelf). However, they are also considered as my future plans so smile :D.

Hey Unregret, new to the forums.

I really enjoy your "Ultimate Battles" Warcraft 3 Map; I was wondering if you could release a version (the 2.60 Alterac Ruins legacy) so that it has a food limit of 300, and gold rate rate @ 0.00.

These are the settings I play on custom maps and due to map protection I can't alter it the way I want, so unless you release a legacy version with those alterations, then I'll never be able to play the map the way I want to. I downloaded the unprotected versions but they aren't working properly. When I start game there are no races to choose from and essentially can't play. Is there a way I can get this altered version I am seeking? Do people offer money for map rights on here? I basically just want the custom races / models with a few alterations I like.

Level 28
I downloaded the unprotected versions but they aren't working properly. When I start game there are no races to choose from and essentially can't play. Is there a way I can get this altered version I am seeking?
The unprotected version has known for bugs. Furthermore, it is no longer being updated anymore.
Better try [UB] Legacy Versions or this one + [UB] Resource Package instead.

Level 2
it seems there is a bug in my game or am i missing something? because it seem that only 1 or 3 of your race only works and that's it the rest are invisible

Level 28
it seems there is a bug in my game or am i missing something? because it seem that only 1 or 3 of your race only works and that's it the rest are invisible
You are going to need the Resource Package in case you are using the map pack version.
If your game version is Reforged, then I highly suggest getting the Legacy Versions instead.
Remember to use the Classic graphics since this map only works on SD mode.

Level 28
oh you mean warcraftiiisetup?
"Warcraft-III-Setup.exe" is actually the Reforged installer. If you want to play the map correctly without problems, especially the latest version, you'll have to use the Resource Package.
Remember that both versions can't be played simultaneously (this is the reason the missing textures occur).

Level 2
Seriously, I like this mod. I am eager to know whether the production team will always update and fill in new things. As we all know, wow is far from over. I don't want such a good thing to end

Level 28
Really fun but it lag soooooooooooooooooooooooo much man any help with that ?
It's because the map size is absolutely large.
There are many custom objects and triggers that were implemented on this map.
Furthermore, I really suggest not playing this map against Night Elf AI. Their build orders were messed up with only Moon Well and Altar.

Level 5
It's because the map size is absolutely large.
There are many custom objects and triggers that were implemented on this map.
Furthermore, I really suggest not playing this map against Night Elf AI. Their build orders were messed up with only Moon Well and Altar.
I just play with 2 custom races (corruption and The burning legion) against Standard Races mostly humans and Orcs never against Night Elf Bec I know that There Ai is Broken But Still The Map is Unplayable with this lag

Level 28
I just play with 2 custom races (corruption and The burning legion) against Standard Races mostly humans and Orcs never against Night Elf Bec I know that There Ai is Broken But Still The Map is Unplayable with this lag
I heard that the lag issue is not only caused by this map being large (due to the custom objects and triggers), but the game version and the computer specification you are currently using.
Even 1.31 can make the game unplayable (some people can only manage to get up to 10-20FPS).
I even made a post to warn you about playing custom maps on latest WC3 version without lag:
Dude, please read the following threads if you want to fix the lag:
Patch 1.31.1 Backup Files
Some says you'll have to add the "-graphicsapi Direct3D9" parameter, but this is the only way to remove the performance issue.
Also, I strongly NOT recommended to play the maps that use the custom races on 1.31.1, especially the Ultimate Battle map.
There is a chance the game will crash (or not responding) due to the memory leak issue:

Your best bet is to make a separate installs of Warcraft 3.
If you decide to stick to 1.26, then be advised some custom campaigns and maps don't work with this patch.
Once again, this map is quite large and it's not recommended for the most recent version of WC3 (1.31) due to the memory leak issue.

Level 2
hello, can anyone help me?
im on ver 1.27 for warcraft and i downloaded the resource packages and everything seemse to be working but some maps are missing, what did i do wrong?
ice crown is the only 12 player map visible but only map description is seen when i pick this map and when i try to start a game it just goes back to the map selection menu

Attachments

• image_2022-08-12_210947378.png
    image_2022-08-12_210947378.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 37
Level 28
im on ver 1.27 for warcraft and i downloaded the resource packages and everything seemse to be working but some maps are missing, what did i do wrong?
ice crown is the only 12 player map visible but only map description is seen when i pick this map and when i try to start a game it just goes back to the map selection menu
Your map or maybe the "war3.mpq" seems to be corrupted while downloading. Re-downloading is the only way to solve this problem.
You can also download Legacy Version. This doesn't require "war3.mpq", but you must delete that file, along with the maps before using this version.

Level 1
I wondered if anyone would be able to help. When I play on any of the maps, the race icons to select, most of them are green. And when you do select one and the game starts, all my workers and buildings were invisible. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Level 1
If you want to play custom races without missing textures problem, you'll have to download the MPQ (Resource Package).
Make sure to place the "war3.mpq" file inside your Warcraft 3 installation folder, then start The Frozen Throne.
what is are the second and third war3.mpq files for? they just try copy over the first

Level 2
This is also happening to me and I don't see a solution, does anyone know why it happens? My version is 1.27b, all the others work perfectly except IceCrown, it's a shame because I love that map.

Level 28
This is also happening to me and I don't see a solution, does anyone know why it happens? My version is 1.27b, all the others work perfectly except IceCrown, it's a shame because I love that map.
Check my post above. There seems to be a broken download relating to "war3.mpq" thingy.
If the problem still persists, I would suggest getting the Ruins of Alterac map (older versions) instead of the latest one. Remember to delete the "war3.mpq" and the map files so that you won't encounter an issues.

Level 2
Check my post above. There seems to be a broken download relating to "war3.mpq" thingy.
If the problem still persists, I would suggest getting the Ruins of Alterac map (older versions) instead of the latest one. Remember to delete the "war3.mpq" and the map files so that you won't encounter an issues.
Thanks for answering! These "Ruins of Alterac map (older versions)" files contain the Ultimate Battle maps but in their previous version?

Level 28
Thanks for answering! These "Ruins of Alterac map (older versions)" files contain the Ultimate Battle maps but in their previous version?
Only a sole map with custom race mod, but it's still working for Reforged (SD-mode only) since it doesn't rely the modified "war3.mpq".
However, you must not have UB-related maps from latest version + war3.mpq if you want to play RoA version of UB so that you don't get missing textures.

Level 2
Only a sole map with custom race mod, but it's still working for Reforged (SD-mode only) since it doesn't rely the modified "war3.mpq".
However, you must not have UB-related maps from latest version + war3.mpq if you want to play RoA version of UB so that you don't get missing textures.
Sorry if I don't follow you, if I download "Ruins of Alterac map (older versions)" will I get the map called Ruins of Alterac, not the Icecrown map? Should I still remove the "war3.mpq" file? What will happen to the other maps?

Level 28
Sorry if I don't follow you, if I download "Ruins of Alterac map (older versions)" will I get the map called Ruins of Alterac, not the Icecrown map? Should I still remove the "war3.mpq" file? What will happen to the other maps?
Older versions only give you the Ruins of Alterac with working UB mod, but doesn't require an MPQ.
The latest version (the one with map packs like IceCrown) requires a modified MPQ, which you can get it here.
In order to install this mod, you must choose ONLY one. Both Ruins of Alterac's UB and latest version of UB (the one with map packs) can't be played simultaneously because it might cause a lot of issues (such as missing trees or object textures).
In other words, you can only either get Ruins of Alterac's UB without the War3.mpq or the latest version of UB + War3.mpq (Ruins of Alterac's UB map must be deleted first!)
Also, if you are using 1.32/1.33, you must play Ruins of Alterac's UB on SD-mode. Reforged graphics can broke numerous things.

Level 2
Older versions only give you the Ruins of Alterac with working UB mod, but doesn't require an MPQ.
The latest version (the one with map packs like IceCrown) requires a modified MPQ, which you can get it here.
In order to install this mod, you must choose ONLY one. Both Ruins of Alterac's UB and latest version of UB (the one with map packs) can't be played simultaneously because it might cause a lot of issues (such as missing trees or object textures).
In other words, you can only either get Ruins of Alterac's UB without the War3.mpq or the latest version of UB + War3.mpq (Ruins of Alterac's UB map must be deleted first!)
Also, if you are using 1.32/1.33, you must play Ruins of Alterac's UB on SD-mode. Reforged graphics can broke numerous things.
I did what you told me and I still can't play the Icecrown and Divide and Conquer maps. Both do not show the selection of races or players, blank. Is this a bug to solve?

Level 2

Attachments

• what to do.png
    what to do.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
Level 28
I did what you told me and I still can't play the Icecrown and Divide and Conquer maps. Both do not show the selection of races or players, blank. Is this a bug to solve?
I see your maps are placed in the same folder where the original one (melee map by Blizzard) is from. Try placing them in different folders.

Level 28
I did that. Same result.

Maybe @Riki could help us.
Did you ever read Unregret's comment below?
  • You maybe use lower version than 1.27b -> Update WC3
  • You maybe use version PTR of 1.29 - Update WC3
  • Even worst, your Warcraft III is corrupted. - If Update can't do. Re-install WC3 and update it.
What is wrong? Please be more specificed so I can help.
  • If map show, cannot start. Check your game version.
  • If no doodads showing. Check package.
  • If none work. Delete all maps and use Legacy maps.
I think the entire game file is corrupted, which prevents you for playing the UB. The only thing you can to do is reinstall the whole WC3.