• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ujimasa Hojo's Resources Discussion

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
I know you're concerned about this model problem, but isn't it true that hundreds of *any* model is going to cause problems?

And anyway, the extreme unlikely photos hundreds of model being placed in one area seems like a good reason to continue doing what you're doing. : )

Level 60
I know you're concerned about this model problem, but isn't it true that hundreds of *any* model is going to cause problems?

And anyway, the extreme unlikely photos hundreds of model being placed in one area seems like a good reason to continue doing what you're doing. : )

I solved it already. Apparently, unused vertex groups within geosets were the ones causing the problem. I am slowly re-saving my models using Retera's model editor in order to automatically delete those.

Level 9
@Ujimasa Hojo, good sir, is there any chance of you creating a High Elven/ Silver Covenant version of your Blood Elven Druid of the Talon hero, Priestess of the Sun, Warden and Watcher models? the High Elven style being reminiscent of your High Elven Spell Breaker and Kirin Tor War Mage.

Also a few more additions to Blackmoore's slaves? Like a spellcaster of sorts using the Shaman mesh? Maybe a Knight/ General Version of the Thrall model? as Blackmoore's Champion from the timeline wherein Thrall fell in line with his human master from the War Crimes book.

Last edited:
Level 6
Ujimasa Hojo Presents

Night Elf (Corrupted)

142431-albums5911-picture80847.png

Units:

Buildings:

Skins:
  • Altar
  • Ancient of Lore
  • Ancient of the Wind
  • Ancient of Wonders
  • Chimaera Roost
  • Hunter's Hall
  • Night Elf Base
  • Night Elf Birth 2
  • Root Base
  • Roots Build

Author's Notes:
  • For the Altar, change the path to "buildings\nightelf\AltarOfElders\Altar.blp".
  • For the Ancient of Lore, change the path to "buildings\nightelf\AncientOfLore\AncientOfLore.blp".
  • For the Ancient of the Wind, change the path to "buildings\nightelf\AncientOfWind\AncientoftheWind.blp".
  • For the Ancient of War, change the path to "buildings\demon\CorruptedAncientofWar\CorruptedAncientofWar.mdx".
  • For the Ancient of Wonders, change the path to "buildings\nightelf\AncientOfWonder\AncientOfWonders.blp".
  • For the Chimaera Roost, change the path to "buildings\nightelf\ChimaeraRoost\ChimaeraRoost.blp".
  • For the Hunter's Hall, change the path to "buildings\nightelf\HuntersHall\Hunter'sHall.blp".
  • For the Night Elf Base, change the path to "Textures\NightElfBase.blp".
  • For the Night Elf Birth 2, change the path to "SharedModels\NightElfBirth2.blp".
  • For the Root Base, change the path to "Textures\rootbase.blp".
  • For the Roots Build, change the path to "SharedModels\RootsBuild.blp".
  • For the Tree of Life, change the path to "buildings\demon\CorruptedTreeofLife\CorruptedTreeofLife.mdx".
  • The icons are reduced to 50% quality. I hear some OS crash when using icons of reduced quality.
  • Pack is here.

How come there are no corrupted entangled gold mine??

Level 30
How come morphed grom looks like this??
View attachment 312030
9cc825f1-99fc-4f5c-b4ed-93dbd60f085d

His Texture is Outside in. Normally Textures are pointing to the Outside. In this Case it points inside, causing this result. Simply making the Texture twosided should get rid of the Problem or making the Texture point outside via Mdlvis.
-------------------------------------------------
Hey @Ujimasa Hojo, if you ever make the "Thunderlizard & Derivatives" Modelpack be sure to link this here: King Dodongo & Dodongos.

Level 4
You know what would be awesome? A map with all your models in there so someone could browse through them without looking at 50 different threads, then DL each one, then place... not a map to be played but one where all this brilliant work could be viewed.

Level 9
What I love about these model derivatives is that most often than not most Warcraft 3's skins are just some edited variation of another skin so it's so easy to swap out similar looking skin with one another to create other different variation of the current models in these packs, like being able to just switch out textures sometimes gives you another new model derivative for free!

But praises aside will there be a possiblity of you using the Warden skin to create some more dark and broody militant Night Elves?

And another small thing, I'm a tad bit surpised that there isn't a Bandit variant on the NE Assassins derivatives! Surely bandits would fit quite nicely with the derivative's theme

Level 60
What I love about these model derivatives is that most often than not most Warcraft 3's skins are just some edited variation of another skin so it's so easy to swap out similar looking skin with one another to create other different variation of the current models in these packs, like being able to just switch out textures sometimes gives you another new model derivative for free!

But praises aside will there be a possiblity of you using the Warden skin to create some more dark and broody militant Night Elves?

And another small thing, I'm a tad bit surpised that there isn't a Bandit variant on the NE Assassins derivatives! Surely bandits would fit quite nicely with the derivative's theme

Because the Warden model is just a highly modified Watcher model, it can actually be easily worked out to replace models with the Sentinel/Watcher textures.

Level 9
@Ujimasa Hojo

Just a suggestion, sometimes when I want to download a specific race pack, I have to download a lot of other models and sort through them.. It has been somewhat inconvenient.. although It may mean more work, could you perhaps have the specific race packs here on this discussion forum.. You can still have the building packs, it's just that sometimes it drags on

Thanks in advance

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Hey, would you mind if I just wrote some skin/model suggestions/ideas?

Yes? Then ignore what comes next:

1. Seasonal and elemental (fire, ice, metal etc.) variants for matching (those which would make sense/fit in) models. Like snow (whitish) Ancients, murlocs, gnolls, golems etc.
  2. Male versions of creatures like harpies (especially the arakkoa which aren't supposed to be mammals/have breasts) and others you can easily turn them into the other sex.
  3. Hero and non-hero variants of your models (glow on the weapons/limbs which attack too if possible).
  4. Variants based on factions (although you're doing that), I feel as if many factions are being left out. Main factions (Faction) and subfactions (I'll write the Warcraft II ones as example): Human (Azeroth, Lordaeron, Stromgarde, Kul Tiras, Gilneas, Dalaran, Alterac; we could of course add Theramore and others), Orcs (Blackrock, Stormreaver, Twilight's Hammer, The Black Tooth Grin, Bleeding Hollow, Dragonmaw, Burning Blade).
  5. Taurens, you could make those infamous/evil black ones from WoW.
  6. Chimaera: a Deathwing type (plated armour).
  7. Necromancer: Archbishop Lazarus :D?
  8. Shaman: a fel/chaos type.
  9. Druid of the Claw: Satyr.
  10. Jaina: Theramore version; Aegwynn version.
  11. Druid of the Talon: that purple on the Kul Tiras version does not fit its morph which is mostly green and brown with no purple. You could literally make Furion morph into anything from a bear, to a crab.
  12. Medivh: demon version (maybe morphs into a bat or something).
  13. Sea Witch: tail (to body?) colour variations (just search coloured snake on Google images and you'll get ideas). A underwater swim animation if possible.
  14. Keeper of the Grove: Emerald Nightmare version (for all Night Elf models too :p).
  15. Maiev/Warden: orc, demon (+chaos/fel) and Nathrezim version.
  16. Sylvanas: WoW Vereesa and Shandris version.
  17. Archmage: maybe the hydromancers should have blue instead of purple to be more in tone with water/sea/ocean? What about a High Elf version? Maybe even a Night Elf version but with a panther instead of a horse.
  18. Priest: Alonsus Faol? I don't know was Perenolde a mage? He seemed like a rogue or something not versed in the arts of magic.
  19. Alchemist: maybe you could make the alternate forms more convincing as in changing the monster's hue like on/similar to the original ogre.
  20. Arthas: surprised you didn't make any Lich King variation.
  21. Gryphon: since you made a griffin skin for the Hippogryph, maybe you could make a Hippogryph one for the Gryphon.
  22. Fel Guard: Undead variants (Skeletal Orc etc.).
  23. Problem with draenei units is that they don't have elven ears, longer than those of human though, and they have horns and hoofs and bent knees like some mammals.
  24. Archimonde: draenei should be light blue according to WoW.
  25. Wind Rider: since you've made a nether drake rider, why not a Spirit Wyvern one too?
  26. Captain: Falric and Marwyn version (from RoC cinematic scene inspired?).
  27. Paladin: Lothar, Turalyon, Danath (maybe some work better on Arthas?) [Warcraft II version).
  28. Grunt: Skeletal Orc variations (armoured etc.).
  29. Thrall: chaos/fel version?
  30. Abomination: demon, slime/sludge, golem.
  31. Lich: elemental, ghost.

I'll post more when I get more ideas.

Level 9
My apologies for taking a bit of time zipping up all the race packs, @Ujimasa Hojo. I only included the unit and hero models in the packs, sir, I hope that would be acceptable since the building packs are still up in most of your posts.

I'll try have them up by tomorrow sir, where should I post them on? Would it be best if I placed them all up in Google Drive and then place the link that has all of the race packs zipped in one mega zip file?

Level 9
Ok guys. I really want to focus on polishing my old building models which is badly due so sorry if I don't get to replying sometimes.

@Ujimasa Hojo, just a small suggestion sir for your revamped Dalaran Arcane Sanctum. Could you possibly have TC on the edge of the main base structure. The green roofing of the main tower base, could that be replaced witg the roof texture you used that has TC?

Last edited:

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Does this mean more Ujimasa buildings or fixes of existing ones?
I am fine with both, just curious.

@Ujimasa Hojo If you ever wanted to do something lik what you did with Stromgarde (Deriviates with custom skin),
I would suggest those two if you ever wanted to do Scarlet Crusade:
ScarletCrusader_by67chrome.blp
footman.blp

Not requesting that you do it, just throwing around ideas since I really like the Stromgarde stuff (I still kind of hope for a bandit/archmage for Stromgarde if I am honest. :rolleyes:).

Level 9
Does this mean more Ujimasa buildings or fixes of existing ones?
I am fine with both, just curious.

@Ujimasa Hojo If you ever wanted to do something lik what you did with Stromgarde (Deriviates with custom skin),
I would suggest those two if you ever wanted to do Scarlet Crusade:
ScarletCrusader_by67chrome.blp
footman.blp

Not requesting that you do it, just throwing around ideas since I really like the Stromgarde stuff (I still kind of hope for a bandit/archmage for Stromgarde if I am honest. :rolleyes:).
I actually recall Ujimasa making a set of Scarlet Crusade models before for his Desolation: Caer Darrow map! As well as a Risen variant to go with it.

I absolutely adored the Possessed Scarlet Crusader hero he did for it. I thought the transparent silhouette over the Arthas model looked really cool!

Level 18
He Ultimasa, I'm sorry for the request, but you edited the Battleships (humans) and added some really cool ones, but one very important one is missing, wish you made a stormwind variant, I wanted to use your juggernaut version but many people say that it's too similar to orc ships, your kul'tiras for example is incredible