• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ujimasa Hojo's Resources Discussion

Level 8
No worries, it 'seems' to work fine in Magos, but then in-game it has that issue. I tried fixing it myself but I know very little about model editing.

Attachments

• Building.png
    Building.png
    2 MB · Views: 340
Level 14
Hello Ujimasa, I can not find any building set of Pandaren in your collection gallery. I already check the Gilneas building set but they are suitable only for Worgen race. Any changes you can create a Pandaren-theme building set? I know you are very busy :(

Level 60
Hello Ujimasa, I can not find any building set of Pandaren in your collection gallery. I already check the Gilneas building set but they are suitable only for Worgen race. Any changes you can create a Pandaren-theme building set? I know you are very busy :(

I've always thought that the Gilnean set can be turned into Pandaren-themed if you modify the Bear Dean and Hunter's Hall textures. Recolor it with brighter colors maybe.

This guy tried it on several models including the one below:

full

A well edited texture for the Bear Dean and Hunter's Hall would mesh well with the entire Gilnean set.

PS. Still busy.

Level 14
I've always thought that the Gilnean set can be turned into Pandaren-themed if you modify the Bear Dean and Hunter's Hall textures. Recolor it with brighter colors maybe.

This guy tried it on several models including the one below:

full

A well edited texture for the Bear Dean and Hunter's Hall would mesh well with the entire Gilnean set.

PS. Still busy.

Oh mine, this is exactly how it is supposed to be. I really really hope you or whoever can create a full building set like this. I can wait you even many months later without problem. Just post your masterpieces in one place once you finish them. Anyway, +rep for you already!

Edit: i have no skill of re-textures, i really do :(.

Level 28
Oh mine, this is exactly how it is supposed to be. I really really hope you or whoever can create a full building set like this. I can wait you even many months later without problem. Just post your masterpieces in one place once you finish them. Anyway, +rep for you already!

Edit: i have no skill of re-textures, i really do :(.
You can do this by using the War3 MDX Pather(Mdx Pather), it's pretty simple to use, but you will have to know the paths of the textures.

PS: You can discover them by using the Warcraft 3 Model Editor

Level 60
@Ujimasa Hojo Just chiming in to notify you that some of the pictures (such as the ones for Forsaken) no longer load and thus might need to be reuploaded.

I have yet to fix the stuff on this thread as I was busy moving resources back to the resource section.

What happened to the new AI scripts Ujimasa made??

They're in the map thread instead.

Level 4
Ahhh ok... can you give me a link to your map thread?? I have not checked this thread in a while. And btw, are you making maps again Ujimasa??

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
He started Trolls earlier, but there wasn't a whole lot to go on (texture-wise), so he kinda stopped. :< Fingers crossed.

//EDIT// - I mean, to be fair what else is there? We all over-use the heck out of VoodooLounge.blp (which is essentially the same as what's on the Forest Troll Huts, but with TC & more stuff). I know WoW Echo Isles Jungle Trolls tend to feature some Murloc-ish buildings (bamboo/yellow-y leaf roofs), while WoW Gurubashi Jungle Trolls have all that ancient stone stuff. It's tricky, trying to mix these aesthetics.

Level 15
Well Gurubashi Jungle Trolls don't have same building style as Darkspear Tribe. My main focus would be using Murloc buildings in different combinations. I am not an artist, so I don't know how, but Ujima suprised me before, so I believe in him!

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Well Gurubashi Jungle Trolls don't have same building style as Darkspear Tribe.
T-r-u-e...

So the Darkspear Tribe is but one tribe of Jungle Trolls which indeed descends from the Gurubashi. So it's fair to say their architecture would be heavily influenced by them. Not identical; many centuries have passed since they were a half-the-world-spanning empire, building vast stone structures. So most "Jungle Troll tribe" structures tend to be more primitive; wood, leather, logs, wards, etc. Perhaps built in & around Gurubashi ruins.

That all being said, the Darkspear Tribe left their ancestral homes to travel the world with the Orcs. Blizzard has chosen (via WoW) to represent that (& the nature of their new home on the Echo Isles) with a move towards more "Murloc" buildings like you & I said; bamboo, yellow-y brown palm leaf fronds, big pitched roofs, etc.

So it's like, "what do you pick"?
- I'm personally a big fan of the Mesoamerican feel to the Ancient-style... But then it's like "how can you have 'new ruins'?"
- I've really grown accustomed to & enjoy the "classic" primitive logs/leather Primitive-style (AKA logslogslogslogs). It's hard to walk away from that... But it's inherently limited (i.e. only one texture, pretty much, and one 'shtick': the log)
- I really generally dislike WoW & what it's done, but I can't deny the Contemporary-style (Murloc-y) has its appeals; more varied than Primitive, but not anachronistic like Ancient. But it's very different, structurally, than the others.

You can kinda mix Ancient with either Contemporary or Primitive (though honestly I'm still waiting to see an ideal mix), but not both. Urgh.

Level 15
Well, we can speak here for ages, but that is not going to change much. I remebember at least 2 times mentioning buildings for jungle trolls, taurens and gnomes in this thread, but sadly Ujima had some other ideas in his head. But I also rember crying for Draenei buildings, and Ujima actually made them in the end! And thanks for that!

The reason I am mentioning buidlings for those specific races is because they would be really useful for future altered melee/campaigns. Expecially since 8mb limit is removed. People cried for Illidari buidlings for months, and in the end Ujima made them, and they were used for only one map (I think Sunreaver made it). That just waste of his time.

I am on the phone, sorry!

Level 8
Ogre and Tauren would both be very useful. There aren't very many Arakkoa resources out there, so I don't think it would be that useful, till we get more for the Arakkoa, which I hope so because they're my favorite Warcraft race.

Level 9
Hey Ujimasa. I have a suggestion: How about adding a Birth animation to all of the Dragon Roosts. Similar to your Netherdragon Roost, but using the Orc Birth texture.

P.S. I don't if it was asked before. This Thread is already big enough......

Miraculously enough this hasn't been addressed before, especially with the influx of creep-based building suggestions in the past.

It'll look a bit odd though for a worker to craft a dragon, won't it?

But I'm pretty much down for it though.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Miraculously enough this hasn't been addressed before, especially with the influx of creep-based building suggestions in the past.

It'll look a bit odd though for a worker to craft a dragon, won't it?

But I'm pretty much down for it though.
Depending on how much he wants/can edit it... A worker could craft the base, then animate the dragon flying down & landing to roost. Or just have the dragon 'phase' in (easier).

Level 60
@Ujimasa Hojo, just a small query, but has it ever crossed your mind to have a collaboration with any of the Hive's other Modelers?

The closest to a collaboration I had is asking Cloudwolf and Mephestrial to use their Stromgarde skin and Gnoll models respectively.

EDIT:

Depending on how much he wants/can edit it... A worker could craft the base, then animate the dragon flying down & landing to roost. Or just have the dragon 'phase' in (easier).

I've already addressed this with my Nether Dragon Roost Under the Illidari. While the base is being constructed, the dragon slowly grows in size.

Last edited:
Level 1
Hey m8, about your Kul Tiras models. Do you plan on releasing your building models? They look excellent!

Level 9
Since this thread looks like its going to gain traffic again with the recent influx of revamped models. Could I start a discussion that would better improve and revamp the current set of Wretched, Forsaken and Undead Scourge unit models?

The old zombie-esque designs could be improved by applying the same technique you did with the revamped Undead Galen model. This suggestion is directed to most of the unit models( ex. the Swordsman, Footman, etc.)

However, as for the Spellbreaker model. I think it would look better if you remain using the vanilla model as the base and just retexture most of the cloth parts with the tattered fabric texture you used on the Death Mage's cape texture.

I would like to know what others think and suggest their own.

Level 21
I'm just wondering Hojo, but can you make your Wretched Archer use the 67Chrome's Sylvanas skin model?
I am hoping to use it for the Forsaken unit you can get while playing a map I am going to test so that I can work on a Campaign.

Level 6
Hello, I'm Yoga, can you make a "Mountain King, Muradin Bronzebeard and Derivatives" plus make the bonus: Night Elf Mountain King (Druid of the Lions) using Furion, Druid of the Claw, Night Elf Statue, Mountain King, Mountain Giant, Ancient of War, Ancient of Wonders, Ancient of Wind skins, and plus using dissipate and decay bone and flesh animations, (Nature Lion form) and has a hero glow. Anyone can make ? Hmmmm....You can do this because you create Gilneas Druid of the Talon using Mortar Team skin.

Level 60
Since this thread looks like its going to gain traffic again with the recent influx of revamped models. Could I start a discussion that would better improve and revamp the current set of Wretched, Forsaken and Undead Scourge unit models?

The old zombie-esque designs could be improved by applying the same technique you did with the revamped Undead Galen model. This suggestion is directed to most of the unit models( ex. the Swordsman, Footman, etc.)

However, as for the Spellbreaker model. I think it would look better if you remain using the vanilla model as the base and just retexture most of the cloth parts with the tattered fabric texture you used on the Death Mage's cape texture.

I would like to know what others think and suggest their own.

That's my long-term plan. Which is why I took down the old Undead Galen under the Zombie Derivatives.