• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Real Picture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
logoscape_new.jpg

The Real Picture
You must replicate the attached picture in Warcraft 3 with using as little imported objects as possible.

Thread Rules And Conditions
  • Must use the un-modded Warcraft 3 wold Editor.

Thread Judging
  • Judge:
    I will be the judge

• Judging Criteria:

Look alike
    How close it looks to the original100%

Contestants
  • If you would like to enter this recurring thread, all you have to do is take a picture of your terrain

Dates
  • It will close sometime every Sunday when I log on. And I will post a new picture for recreating.

Tie Breaker
  • The person with the least amount of imported material will win.

Thanks to Hawkwing for his contest layout

Attachments

• 800.heilman.catskills.jpg
    800.heilman.catskills.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 359
  • 1280.heilman.catskills.jpg
    1280.heilman.catskills.jpg
    444.6 KB · Views: 351
Level 36
(large print)Not A Contest!(/large print), just a different approach on ~Void~'s Picture thread

Thats insulting! The general Idea of "The Picture" was MINE! And it is still the tread with most replies! .. Grr! DONT forget the epic picture original! RAWR! Void didnt even credit me for his damn "take two" shit... :p

Anyways, personally I dont like the idea, I'm more of a free terrainer, I dont copy other real life terrains, so I'm not inn.

Level 1
I would enter if you'd go with easier pic's ;P
Likea real easy, making a lot of people joining beacuse the simple real pic.
by the weeks maybe increase the difficulty, meaning more detailed, bigger screen pictures maybe, but thats just me, I'm just saying, I wouldn't want to go for that pic :p feels like I get "pwn'd" by it haha, probably could make a copy in WE but wouldn't be fun or look to good.

anyways, nice idea :D

Level 19
heres mine...
kinda lame i did it in liek half an hour :/
imported models:
-elwyn wood 4
-autumn tree
-fur leaves
-water doodad
-glow doodad

Attachments

• teh pic!.PNG
    teh pic!.PNG
    928.2 KB · Views: 233
Level 19
Raid that looks good. one thing that looks a little unrealistic is the stripping. You made a strip of green trees then the Autumn trees. That isn't wat its like in the wild. maybe mix them in to make it look much better.
look at the damn pic and ya know pines are green even in autumn

Level 1
Yes you are- I'll give you a 8.5/10 (8 points for accuracy, and -0.1 for each import)

~3rgytr54~ (other account needs "activation" will be fixed soon i hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.