• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Halo UTM

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.

At last, the UTM is released.

Information:
The Halo UTM was a project me and my team started months ago.
Its purpose was to bundle a variety of models based on the universe of the popular FPS game, Halo, into a single map database. This is to allow other enthusiastic Halo mappers to employ some aesthetic features.
Now, I know what you're thinking; Halo U-T-M, Ultimate-Terraining-Map, where's the terrain? Well, this UTM was made to focus on units, as well as weapon attachments and doodads.
Most of the models were either done by the UTM team, or donated by modellers far and wide. We worked hard on this.
Hopefully, we will be continually be updating this, and, honest to god, most of the UNSC look hideous.

The Team:
Here is the team behind it all:
Finder - Hevenblood - an awesome, resourceful helper, and the first to join!
Primary Modeller - -Peper-, an adept modeller able to create excellent works
Secondary Modeller - Revilo, one who can animate neatly and create cool geometry
Animator - Superz ze Man, once our former primary modeller, but now seeking to animate
Wrapper/Backup Modeller - Goolygot, an experienced wrapper(no, not like Ice Cube) that applies my textures and can do small animations
Skinner/Animator - Me, GhostThruster

Use:
Well, if you've never used a UTM, a UTM(Ultimate Terraining Map) is a Wc3 map that, instead of having playable/viewable features (like Altered Melees and cinematics), is a mini-database for specific resources. This map is focused on Halo, and so consists of many Halo models.
It has 22 units, 21 weapons, and 53 doodads in total.
The UTM is arranged in three factions; UNSC (the humans), Covenant (the aliens), and Others (the... others), and then further divided into separate categories; Units, Weapons and Doodads.
Units are represented by units in the Object Editor, Weapons are represented by items, and Doodads by doodads. Also, the factions will be represented by categories within, eg. The UNSC units are categorised as Humans, the Covenant as Orcs, and the Others as Undead.

Oh, and before I forget...
GIVE CREDITS. Always give credits to the authors of the models. Credits are listed in the Trigger Editor, and there is a key to ease your navigation. Also, if you'd like, you can also additionally credit the UTM as the 'UTM Team' if you use any resources.

Thanks for downloading. 7

Changelog:
Update 1: Removed Ripped model

Keywords:
Halo, UTM, Ultimate Terraining Map, UNSC, Covenant, Flood, Forerunner
Contents

The Halo UTM (Map)

Reviews
19:00, 17th Jan 2011 -Kobas-: Map Status: Pending Broken Rules: / Comment 13:42, 27th Jan 2011 -Kobas-: Map Status: Approved Broken Rules: / Comment11:28, 03rd Feb 2011 -Kobas-: Map Status: Rejected Broken Rules: / Comment: Stuff...

M

19:00, 17th Jan 2011
-Kobas-:
Map Status: Pending
Broken Rules:
/
Comment

13:42, 27th Jan 2011
-Kobas-:
Map Status: Approved
Broken Rules:
/
Comment
11:28, 03rd Feb 2011
-Kobas-:
Map Status: Rejected
Broken Rules:
/
Comment: Stuff Decision

Level 26
It cant be a pack. For it to be a pack ALL of the models would have to have been approved in the model section. and clearly there are some models in there that define what it means to be 1/5. And it looks like the bottom left masterchief model is ripped anyway, the texture is super high quality the mesh is HQ and it has no animations. So even if it wasnt rejected because of the shitty models mixed in with some decent models and if it wasnt rejected becaust this isnt a "playable" map, then the ripped model would get it. One can only hope that justice would be so kind

Level 22
It cant be a pack. For it to be a pack ALL of the models would have to have been approved in the model section. and clearly there are some models in there that define what it means to be 1/5. And it looks like the bottom left masterchief model is ripped anyway, the texture is super high quality the mesh is HQ and it has no animations. So even if it wasnt rejected because of the shitty models mixed in with some decent models and if it wasnt rejected becaust this isnt a "playable" map, then the ripped model would get it. One can only hope that justice would be so kind

Ah didn't know that.

Moderation

The Halo UTM
Created by The UTM Boys ; Uploaded by: GhostThruster

As model moderators already explained this to you, I have rights to reject your map because of ripping models!
attachment.php

As soon as you fix imported resources we can set map status back to pending!
Thanks

Broken Rules:
(Resource) Exports
Thread Cleaned:
/

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 2,251
Gonna remake alot of the models and improve it alot. Removing ripped model.

Btw can you tell me why you imported: CovenantWeapons.zip file

Only the Drone can use the normal weapons.

The Grunt, Jackal, Elite, EliteR and Brute must use the models extracted from this archive:
CovenantWeapons.zip

All weapons are attached to the unit's 'hand, right' attachment point.

Additionally, the Jackal can hold the PlasmaShield.mdx model on his 'hand, left' attachment point.

Level 3
. . . . . . The resource is not avaible? WTFOMGGTFONWBBQ. Please. . . . Fix. . . . . It. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Level 22

Is it just me or does Anarchian sound a mod who doesn't even know the rules.. A non-playable map can be uploaded and approved, it's called a template.. And why do you have to be such a massive troll? Why can't you just say "this template isn't very good" and list the reasons? I would expect a harshly negative and unconstructive response from a user, but not a mod.

Level 22
Is it just me or does Anarchian sound a mod who doesn't even know the rules.. A non-playable map can be uploaded and approved, it's called a template.. And why do you have to be such a massive troll? Why can't you just say "this template isn't very good" and list the reasons? I would expect a harshly negative and unconstructive response from a user, but not a mod.

There's absolutely nothing troll on his post ...

Level 10
Lolwut? (Take a look at my attachment) Does this happen for anybody else?

EDIT:
@xRiotZx: Just ignore him. That's what I'm gonna do.

@Barathrum: Ah, yes there is.

@-Kobas-: Ofcourse I shall add it in, almighty map mod!

But who cares, the only thing I hate now is the FUCKING LORD OF THE RINGS MAP PREVIEW.
Oh, I see...

Attachments

• Lolwut.png
    Lolwut.png
    426.1 KB · Views: 151
Level 3
Now that the UTM has been released, how the hell do we use it? I can see the models but i cant put them in my map T_T . If these models are for show and tell, my halo omega project is CANCELLED *echo*

Last edited:
Level 12
Why can't you put them in your map? You just extract the models and skins in the map then import it to your map. But it is not wize to get them now, because it make longer loading time when opening your map, and the models/skin is going to get updated to get even better.

Level 3
Why can't you put them in your map? You just extract the models and skins in the map then import it to your map. But it is not wize to get them now, because it make longer loading time when opening your map, and the models/skin is going to get updated to get even better.

I see, thx :D

Moderation #2

The Halo UTM
Created by The UTM Boys ; Uploaded by: GhostThruster

Map has imported large number of useful resources: It has 22 units, 21 weapons, and 53 doodads in total. Very useful fol any alien/space based maps. Large number of them has cool animations as well... From doodads to units and attachments, really great collection, and all that for only 3.83 MB.

I would suggest authors to create and import more resources like icons and custom effects as well.

I will rate map with 3/5 mark and set status to approved!
Good job guys, have a nice day!

Broken Rules:
/
Thread Cleaned:
/

Created by: If a unit goes between the two runes, it will be t

Also, not to be an ego here, but i think you should credit ALL the people who did models for this map in the desctiption, not just the UTM team. Especially considering i did 99,9% of the doodads and weapons (aswell as three of the skins and two of the units). Forgotten Warlord should not be.. well, forgotten, either.