• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A Halo UTM? ARE YOU JOKING???!

Status
Not open for further replies.
~No longer in development.

For those of you who don't know what Halo is, don't bother posting unless you do a little research.

I want to make a UTM(Ultimate Terraining Map) of the Halo Universe. This is like an entire collection of models. This UTM will mainly focus on units, not doodads. Furthermore, I don't give a CRAP if you think this isn't a UTM. So please, don't post things saying stuff like that.

It shouldn't be too hard. There are already a few resources like the Spartan by Aznwhore and my Elite.

If you wish to help me, here is the team I need:
Finder-a person who can meander through thousands of unexplored websites to find out any similar models.
Modeller-at least one who can make good quality geometric shapes
Modeller-another modeller who can do average quality edits
Animator-very important role, needs to be able to animate smoothly
Skinner-an awesome master of computer 2D art
Skinner-a back-up person that can just fill in for the skins

Currently the spots that are available:
Finder - Hevenblood - an awesome, resourceful helper, and the first to join!
Primary Modeller - -Peper-, an adept modeller able to create excellent works
Secondary Modeller - Revilo, one who can animate neatly and create cool geometry
Animator - Superz ze Man, once our former primary modeller, but now seeking to animate
Animator - Arisaitou, a cool animator with a few models of his own
Wrapper/Backup Modeller - Goolygot, an experienced wrapper(no, not like Ice Cube) that applies my textures and can do small animations
Skinner/Animator - Me, GhostThruster

As for me, I can do basic model edits, below-decent skinning, and kick-ass concept art/creative drawing (I'm not totally useless :p).

If you want to help, please post an application. I can't do this without everyone's help. Thank you.

And yes, if we do edit models or stuff, we will ask permission first.

Progress report here

Current finished* credits list: *Only finished or near finished models
Map team - GhostThruster, Hevenblood, *Superz ze Man, -Peper-, Izanagi, Goolygot, Revilo
*former members of the team
Special thanks to Forgotten_Warlord and Fingolfin, who helped us considerably.

UNSC:

Spartan - Aznwhore+Kimberly
Warthog - Forgotten_Warlord
Warthog HD - Mephestrial
Spartan Laser - -Peper-, Goolygot, GhostThruster(skin)
Every other Weapon - Kimberly

Covenant:
Drone - -Peper-, Goolygot (skin), GhostThruster (skin + anims)
Ghost - Zerox, Superz ze Man+Revilo(anims)
Wraith - Forgotten_Warlord, Goolygot + GhosT(skin + anims)
Phantom - Revilo, -Peper-, Goolygot + GhostThruster(skin)
Beam Rifle - chilla_killa
Plasma Rifle - Fan, GhostThruster(minor edits)
Brute Shot - sc_freek
Energy Sword - varsaigen
Plasma Grenade - WILL THE ALMIGHTY
Every other weapon + Energy Shield - Fingolfin

Others:
Flood Infection - Fingolfin
Sentinel - Fingolfin

Last edited:
Level 6
There is a really awesome weapon pack,that Kimberly made to go with the Spartan model.
Can be found here: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showpost.php?p=343423&postcount=16

Also, Fingolfin is making a banshee model. You might want to ask him about it, and the progress. Link: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/modeling-animation-276/banshee-model-wips-144388/

I could be a finder, if the position is still open.

I will try to update you with any model that I see to fit any of the categories missing.
PM me if you want to about any progress.

P.S. I am a huge Halo fan :grin:

@Miss Foxy: There's always a spot for Encouragement Givers :]

@Eldubs:
I want to make a UTM(Ultimate Terraining Map) of the Halo Universe. This is like an entire collection of models. This UTM will mainly focus on units, not doodads.

Here is the list of models I need to make the UTM complete:
UNSC Units:
Marine
ODST
Mongoose
Warthog - finished
Hornet
Pelican
Scorpion
Spartan - finished

UNSC Weapons:
Assault Rifle - finished
Pistol - finished
Battle Rifle - finished
Sub-Mach-Gun - finished
Shotgun - finished
Sniper Rifle - finished
Rocket Launcer - finished
Spartan Laser - finished
Frag Grenade - finished

Covenant Units:
Grunt
Jackal
Brute
Elite
Hunter
Drone - near-finished, needs flying anims
Ghost - finished
Banshee - Fingolfin is working on one
Wraith - finished
Phantom - finished

Covenant Weapons:

Plasma Pistol - finished
Plasma Rifle - finished
Needler - finished
Carbine - finished
Beam Rifle - finished
Fuel Rod Cannon - finished
Spiker - finished
Mauler - finished
Brute Shot - finished
Energy Sword - finished
Plasma Grenade - finished

Others:
Flood Infection - finished
Flood Human Infection
Flood Elite Infection
Flood Carrier
Crawler Form
Hanger Form
Trasher Form
Sentinel - finished

Finished means I have an exact model that will remain the same as I add it into the UTM.
Found means I have found a potential model to add into the UTM.
Blank means I either need scratch-making or finding.

I have added some models to the UNSC, and I plan to remake most of them.

Last edited:
Why do we need Diablo 3 Warcraft? Why do we need TKoK? Why do we need all the other UTMs out there? Why are you suddenly so hostile?
If you want to start an argument, find another thread. You don't need to finish a Halo campaign to be a fan, you just need to love Halo. I haven't done the Reach campaign, but I'm a fan enough to try to pull together resources to make a Halo UTM in Wc3.

Just a note - this isn't a UTM really, a UTM (Ultimate Terraining Map) focuses on doodads models for terrain art. Being unit models it's more just a collection of Halo models for use in map making (Ultimate Halo Pack or something? idk).

I noticed some models you said needed to be edited to be used, please note that your either going to need the original creators permission or start a new one from scratch for that sort of thing.

About the "why do we need one?" Well we don't really, we don't really need any of the resources in the site's database. Does that mean it's not worth making anyways? No, if someone wants to make a collection that they consider useful for themselves and others why not really?

If you can find someone willing to model this sort of thing, then go ahead - though I'm kinda curious what Ghost is actually going to do on this, all the "positions" are essentially everything that's necessary - what are you yourself going to do?

Level 8
I agree with Eldubs... We don't really need a UTM for halo.

I think a halo utm would be really sweet! if this utm is finished, i will possibly jizz in my pants, but until then! I will do my best to find models. I really wanna edit models and stuff, but i cant find all the software and all that jazz to do it.. Were do people find them! Helpppp

Last edited:
@Eldubs: I am making this for the same reason you are making your 'Dungeon of Eldubs', for fun.

@WherewolfTherewolf:
1. To be honest, I don't give a crap. Call it what you want.

And yes, if we do edit models or stuff, we will ask permission first.

3. Thanks, I agree.

4. I made a Halo Elite model already! And an icon! They may not be the best, but I've contributed! Apart from that, I am basically a secondary finder and a director.

Thanks for giving me USEFUL feedback, WherewolfTherewolf.

@The above 2 posters: Thanks guys. That's the support I need :)

Level 8
hey ghost thruster... I have milkshape 3d and know how to use it and stuff. But for some reason i cant load the marine model into the program to remove his gun. It says
"Error reading model file !!!"

"Mesh01 :Section PTYP Is longer than expected."
"Mesh02 :Section PTYP Is longer than expected."
"Mesh03 :Section PTYP Is longer than expected."
"no valid mesh found, model not imported"

Im gonna go to the forums to check it out. Any ideas?

@chilla_killa: Thanks dude. I owe you alot. Remind me.

@Superz Ze Man: I think that marine model is corrupt. Don't worry.
Thanks for trying to edit the Ghost. So, do you wish to join the ensemble of Halo-lovers in their quest to create all Halo models? Btw, let me texture, but I need you to UV-map(if you can't, than I will find someone).

I will be a texturer guys, if I can't find someone better.

Level 8
The ghost is basically done with textures i got of the web (not the best).. I will remove them if you really want. Im guessing you want a rider in the ghost too? Like an elite? That will probably take a while. Not going to start making him till you tell me to.

Later on today i will post a few pictures of what ive done so far if i can figure out how...

O yeah, and Yes i would love to join.. This project gives me valuable practice :D

Level 6
Superz Ze Man the ghost model looks great.
I did not see any textures on it though.

Oh, and blek, I am pretty sure that you are not the biggest fan.
I am!!!
I have beaten every single Halo game on legendary almost all of them 3 times each
Also, I have all of the Halo music on downloaded on my computer.

Level 8
Also, I have all of the Halo music on downloaded on my computer.

impressive, but do you own the limited edition jeep patriot-sport HALO Edition? Neither do i... Sure i havent beat the missions on legendary (heroic for me) but im a pretty big fan of everything about halo... Halo 2 is my fav.:ogre_hurrhurr:
- I dedicated my time on a ghost for this halo project, and im going to animate it too, but textures il leave up to my good friend GhostThruster.

O and you probably didn't see the textures cause you didn't import the blp file aswell???

Level 6
My favorite halo is Halo 2 as well. It always has been.
I really wish I had the limited edition jeep patriot-sport HALO Edition that would be so cool.
I guess I did not see the texture, anyway, I wish you luck, and welcome to the team!

Level 8
lol fail... i always check the hive right after you post lol.. But i just realize i animated EVERYTHING BACKWARDSSS.... NOOOOO All that time wasted. Sooo lame. They were good animations too... O well, it was my first model i've ever made so practice makes perfect.

Superz Ze Man, you're in! For the animations, can't you simply rotate them around?
Thanks for joining the Halo UTM crew! I hope more people join. As said, leave the textures to me :)

@Hevenblood: Whoa, you are pretty fanatic. I have finished Halo 1 and 2 on legendary, but the rest I haven't. But how many games do you have?
I have:
Halo 1
Halo CE
Halo on Computer
Halo 2
Halo 2 Multiplayer Pack
Halo 3
Halo Wars
and I just bought it today...Halo Reach!!!
The songs I have are Rememberance, Ghosts of Reach, Halo 1 & 3 theme, The Battle Begins, Lone Wolf, and some other Reach music.
As for my fav, definitely Halo 1. Classic. No Arbiter. No Brutes. No crappy cliffhanger ending. No 'Venus fly trap' evil flood mastermind.

For the ghost, Superz has not attached the .blp yet. But could you please send me the .blp and your latest version so I can see a coloured version of the ghost?

Level 8
@Ghost Thruster, The textures ae all gone.. I removed them because they looked terrible and i was still making changes to to the model like new triangles.. Is gonna be tough to skin this cause its hard to select the guns without selecting the model aswell.. Im going to add the shoot animation to the jackel after i finish the ghost.

Anyone?, Im having trouble with the model animations for the ghost. When i import it to wc3, the death animation is cut short and the decay flesh animation doesn't work either.. Any ideas?

Level 6
Superz Ze Man, you're in! For the
@Hevenblood: Whoa, you are pretty fanatic. I have finished Halo 1 and 2 on legendary, but the rest I haven't. But how many games do you have?
I have:
Halo 1
Halo CE
Halo on Computer
Halo 2
Halo 2 Multiplayer Pack
Halo 3
Halo Wars
The songs I have are Rememberance, Ghosts of Reach, Halo 1 & 3 theme, The Battle Begins, Lone Wolf, and some other Reach music.
As for my fav, definitely Halo 1. Classic. No Arbiter. No Brutes. No crappy cliffhanger ending. No 'Venus fly trap' evil flood mastermind.

Halo 1 and Halo CE are the same I thought
But, I have every single halo game (If you do not know them: Halo CE(Console) Halo CE (Computer) Halo 2 Halo 2 Multiplayer Pack Halo 3 Halo Wars Halo Reach, and Halo ODST)

All of the Halo games are fun!!!!1111

hey i can be the 2D Artist i am good at photoshop

Can you send me something that you have made? We need proof for you to join.
If you are good enough, we might add you to the team. But, that is not up to me. That is up to GhostThruster

Level 8
close to finishing the model. Looking great, take a look. Added new vertexes to the front for a smoother "flow" along the hood of the ghost and re-sized/evened out the wings. Any suggestions plz? gonna post on the modding forums too :D

Edit: Man i post a lot on here... I gotta slow down, but anyways, i made a quick little plasma rifle (untextured of course) for someone to texture if they please... since its a weapon, it has no animation (none needed) and not super detailed cause you'll hardly see it.

Edit AGAIN: Removed plasma rifle untextured and added the plasma rifle model and texturing. You need to import them both into WE to see cause milkshape only loads mdx models not textures :( but for some reason can export both?? Maybe if you have 3D max or w/e that other program is, you could see it.

Attachments

• ghost untextured.mdx
    15.6 KB · Views: 104
  • plasma rifle finished.mdl
    11.3 KB · Views: 142
  • plasma rifle finished.mdx
    4.5 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
@x3GlikE: as said, you need to provide proof. I do know of your signature shop btw, but I'd like to see your original work.

@Superz: You are a kick-ass modeller. Remove the decay animation, and make the Ghost 'explode'. A good example would be the abomination death. Other than that, fantastic.
Don't worry about the Plasma Rifle. I have requested it from someone else who will make it for me :)

@Hevenblood: Halo CE = Custom Edition. I cbf getting ODST 'coz it wasn't that exciting or new.

Level 6
Superz Ze Man, you're in! For the animations, can't you simply rotate them around?
Thanks for joining the Halo UTM crew! I hope more people join. As said, leave the textures to me :)

I have:
Halo 1
Halo CE
Halo on Computer
Halo 2
Halo 2 Multiplayer Pack
Halo 3
Halo Wars
QUOTE]

Halo 1 is CE.
And yes, im up to be the 2nd finder =)

//
i have
H1-3 - Legendary
ODST - heroic
WARS - Normal
REACH - Almost Legendary alone
=p
//

Last edited: