• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A Halo UTM? ARE YOU JOKING???!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
il take a look... By the way, im having trouble adding the "explosion" To my ghost. A few more days and i hope il be done :D

Edit: For some reason the model has no bones/joints nor animations. When i load it into milkshape it shows nothing as an animation. Same thing goes for Magos model editor. This is confusing???

Level 8
i had to convert it into a .ms3d file to import into magos. Im going to import it into milk without doing anything and see if the bones just disappeared while converting it?

Edit: Still no luck. If you use milkshape or magos, could you zip an ms3d file and send that to me, instead of the 2 mdx and blp files?

Level 8
@88WarCraFT3 Thanks for the tip. Il try that but i sorta was hoping for a blue explosion!

@mckill2009 Wait, isn't it 2010? lol jk, but im determined to finish this utm so i can make some awesome maps! I've always wanted to make a halo map but can never find any models for it.

@GhostThruster Im just downloading the ms3d file now. Hopefully it works. Ghost is slowly coming along, im determined to finish this explosion!

Edit: When i open it into milkshape, i see one joint and no animations (like, one frame). Seems like your sending me the old version?

Level 6
No, I have not found anything yet. I really have not had any time to get on the computer much. I have found som websites, that might contain halo models, but it is in Chinese.
I use google translate, but I still have not found anything.

Level 8
No, I have not found anything yet. I really have not had any time to get on the computer much. I have found som websites, that might contain halo models, but it is in Chinese.
I use google translate, but I still have not found anything.

Now thats dedication!

About the ghost. I got a unit test and 2 summatives during school right now, busy busy busy. Seems like i keep putting this ghost thing off. I tried to make an explosion already... Didn't work :( il try it again during the weekend i guess.

Level 6
About my progress, I do not really have much time to really do anything after school, because I have to pull my grades up a lot. So, I will not have much time to look for anything for the project for the time being.

Makes me sad;(

Level 6
I am pretty sure that it will include spells later, because it is based on mainly the units, and some one has to throw a grenade, or it is not Halo.
Right know, I think that we do not need any spells.
You will be informed if we do need spells.

Like I said, it is just a models section in .w3x form. No spells, just models. However, with this UTM, many people have the opportunity to make their own maps with these models.

Good news, I got a nice looking Jackal(I think) that is better than the one I linked on the 1st post. I'll send my animator friend a PM to get some shoot anims. Mean time, check it out:

Superz, I will post a request to get the death anim, so abandon the Ghost. Can you start work on the Wraith? If it takes too long for everything, I will get someone to animate it and I will texture it.

Hevenblood, how's it goin'? :)

Last edited:
Level 8
alright. You can finish the ghost. i think its already uploaded to this but incase it isn't there will be a new dl link below.. I will start on the wraith, but again you need to texture it and someone else animate the death anim. A wraith might take a while tho so, patience :D

Edit: Jackel looks great.

Level 6
Sorry for being s o inactive lately ,but I have had a whole lot of things going on lately. I have only been able to look around the hive, because I do not have any time.
I am going to look at the jackal, but not know.

I probably will not be able to do much more finding, because of my limited time on the computer, and my school grades.
I am not quitting, but I promising a whole lot of models.
I can look around the hive, and see what could be edited, but that is all.

Sorry );

Level 6
thank you superz, school is not the only thing that is going hard on me, it is also some private reasons.
Ghost, the jackal model looks really good. cant wait to see it animated completely.
Izanagi, welcome to the team!

Last edited:
Level 8
Woot!
I slipped some time in after my homework, and I found something on the hive.
I found an old warthog model. It was made by xXMephistoXx
I am getting permission if we can edit it.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/modeling-animation-276/halo-warthog-wip-44533/

good job. Only im going to have to fix that model up a bit. Theres a triangle of it missing in the left side and at the back of the warthog were the gunner sits, the left and right sides are uneven. Other than that, great find, good work, +rep

Level 6
I still have not gotten permission from xXMephistoXx. We still need a texture for it, but, the modifications that you are going to do sounds alright.

Edit: I have permission from him, so you can go ahead and modify it. If you need proof, then ask him. (I do not know how to take a screenshot, to show you)

Last edited:
Hevenblood, as Superz says, school and your life is way more important than getting me models :). Thanks for the Warthog! +repped ya

x3Glike, I need proof of your skills in 2D art before you can help me with anything. Provide me an image of something you made.

Superz, how's progress on the Wraith? Don't worry if the Warthog has minor mistakes. It's Wc3! The models are destined to look like crap!

Good news: I have found a model of a Jackal's energy shield! Made by Fingolfin. I also have an animated Ghost and a .MAX Ghost file. Here, take a look.
Note: 'ghost3.mdx' crashes your World Editor and the .MAX file needs conversion.

Last edited:
Level 6
How is the grunt going Ghost?
I have gotten permission from xXMephistoXx, so you can modify his warthog model.
If you need proof, just ask him.

The plasma shield looks good, so does the ghost.

Level 12
Well i finally got the emmiters to work properly so it shouldnt crash the editor now. Just say if you want anything else.

Revilo, it is nice how you edited the model. I've noticed you change the wings so it is same wings on both sides. And added a line of vertices on the top. Good job.

Edit: GhostThruster you better wait with texturing it, because it is needed to change a little bit. Because the model is symmetrical now.

Status
Not open for further replies.