• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A Halo UTM? ARE YOU JOKING???!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm gonna have Superz ze Man focus on the Covenant, so you'll do some UNSC stuff.

I may get you to make a Pelican. If you can make one scratch-made, it would be awesome, if not, tell me and I'll ask the creator of this if you can edit it.
If you do decide to scratch-make it, don't animate it because I need Goolygot to wrap it first.

Level 22
Could you put everything you have accumulated so far into one pack for download, because I don't think me or anyone else for that matter will take the time to download them all seperate.

I realize this is a UTM and the UTM isn't finished yet, but maybe a little pack would be nice.

Level 13
To make a pack, everything in the pack must be uploaded in their corosponding sections, and everything must be already approved. So Its not really possible :p

Level 6
Sorry for being so inactive lately. My internet was down for a while. On top of that, I am buried in homework. I have read the posts that I have missed, and this project is doing really good. +rep to all that has helped

@Goolygot: Nope, it is just a WIP really, and there is no texture. It would be good if you could fix the holes, but the wrap is the main thing. The middle should be 'hollow', you can just double-wrap it(like the Footman's shield spike that also shares the wrap with its chest)/

@xRiotZx: If I upload them all into a pack, there would be too many, and most aren't that high quality. Also, if everyone's already downloaded everything before completion, what's the point of making the UTM then?

@Hevenblood: You gonna have to give a lot of rep :p Missed ya.

Level 12
@Goolygot: Nope, it is just a WIP really, and there is no texture. It would be good if you could fix the holes, but the wrap is the main thing. The middle should be 'hollow', you can just double-wrap it(like the Footman's shield spike that also shares the wrap with its chest)
What is the point of wrapping a model that is just a wip? Then I must do it one more time.

Sorry, what I meant was that you can leave it there because I have the texture anyways. I didn't mean that I would re-do it again. So, if YOU want to fix the holes, you can, but I would like you to just relax(cos I know you're doing me a favour) and wrap the model.

@-Peper-: anarchy responded. He told me that he can do those edits for me, so I MAY re-assign you a different task.

Listen up soldier, my name is Colonel Ghost Thruster. You have received orders to model a Drone. I, and the other colonels agree that you should base it off the Ghoul. I know that this is a suicide mission, but hell, it'll buy us some time before the Covenant destroys Earth.
Good luck, Lance Corporal -Peper-.

So, yeah, just create the Drone by adding some wings to the Ghoul model and editing the head. Don't worry about animations or textures, though the wings could use in-game textures.

Level 13
Yeah I know, the details are mostly from the texture. But peper still plays a big part in creating the main features of the model. With which he makes it possible to detail ;P

Level 8
i got good news and bad news.

Good news, -i will finish animating the ghost now so we can be closer to crossing it off the list
-Im getting an 84% average, highest average i have ever seen on my report card (academic french-immersion... schools hard D: )

Bad news, -Wraith is going to have to stop for a while.. Havent really made that much progress on it anyways.

I will be sure to let you guys know when i can start working again because this is one of the best Utm's ever being made in the history of Canada and U.S. Great progress on everything, keep it up. Im gonna be a bit inactive for a bit.

Level 9
Doesn't mean you can't advertise/brag a map (in a good way!) via a signature.

GhostThruster, I'd love to help, but I have none of the skills you're looking for. Good luck with this project, and with Reach :D

Level 6
I think that banner would be cool. I guess you can go ahead and make one if you want. You will have to get it approved by ghost, that is not my call.

The drone model looks great! I cant wait to see it textured.
For the animations, I think that you should keep the current animation, and make new ones to where it flies, and shoots. On halo, the drones can walk, but they prefer flying.

Oh, and Superz, good job on your report card.
Dont worry if the wraith gets put aside, it is alright. The only reason that I have been inactive lately is because I have a lot of thing that are going my way right know. School is one of them.
Good luck on all of your modeling projects!

@-Peper-:
Looking good, son. But the head ain't right. The animations get screwed up too, its missing a head. Respond, Lance Corporal. Colonel out.
It needs a 'triangle' insectile head. Search up a Praying Mantis to see what it should be like. Also, some better ref pics (I drew one up myself).
images

attachment.php

@x3Glike: Actually, I'll give it a try myself first, and if I don't like the result, I'll get ya to do it.

@Cthulus: Thanks for your support. I love Firefight(and the Drop Shield ability is the best by far).

Last edited:
Data received, soldier. Good job. I'm glad you're on our side.

I've got a new job for you. It seems that the majority of weapons caches that have been delivered contain false weaponry. I need you to ensure that they can be fixed so that our marines can quickly re-enter combat.

Can you edit all of the UNSC weapons so that they fit the Marine and ODST models? If you are lacking the models, they are all on the first post Hevenblood made(on the first page), and I shall send you the Marine and ODST if you lack them.

Yep. Also, if you have time, can you fix up your Spartan Laser? Goolygot won't wrap it unless it is '3D', because right now it is just 2 planes.
Other news: anarchianbedlam gave me permission to edit his models, so expect a Pelican and Scorpion soon, I've gotten my animator to start on the shoot animation of the Hunter, and I think that I'll skip the signature banner.

Level 7
By the way, i hope you didnt put some crazy models which i have seen because it gonna ruin it all.There is, for example, a hunter model which doesnt even resemble it a bit.

I think the Hunter will have a one-shot attack. The charge shot thing is too hard to animate.
I know which Hunter model you saw, it is the blue Furbolg made by GotGunz. I actually did base it off that model, but the texture is waaaaay better. Here is a screenshot: View attachment 92604

Btw, has anyone noticed the recent rise in Halo avatars? I think this project is making a difference!

Last edited:
Level 7
Not so good but way better, what about the drones?And the elites, your model is a bit spiky.Oh and the grunts xD what about all these?

Status
Not open for further replies.