• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A Halo UTM? ARE YOU JOKING???!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our priority is models and textures, specifically units and weapons.

EDIT: Great news!
I have finished the texture for the Warthog. It doesn't look too good, but that is mainly due to the wrap.
I have gotten a Hunter skin from Fingolfin and a Plasma Rifle that needs a bit of polish from Fan! Below are the aforementioned.

Also, Hevenblood and Superz how are things?

Last edited:
Level 14
really cool I love this project to bring halo to wc3 because I'm a really big halo fan. To the hunter you should remove the teddy bear like teal and the claws maybe he could need his shield arm too
HUNTER.jpg

sorry for the ideas/suggestions but the hunter is my favourite covenant unit in halo ^^

Level 6
I would look at the 2 models, but I do not have warcraft on the com. I am using.
I still have not found any modes.
Edit: I have looked at the models,. and they look good. I really like the new hunter.
+rep

Last edited:
Level 8
sorry for the unresponsiveness. School is really getting tight. I honestly dont know why im getting soo much work. But the wraith is slowly coming along. Im gonna check out the ghost to see how the explosion looks (thanks revilo)

Im going to work a bit on the wraith now even though i still got 2 paragraphs left for my essay (its french therefor will take longer to edit)

Level 6
I understand how you feal in the homework. I really hate homework, exect in art.
Anyway, good luck on the wraith, and school!
P.S. can you post a wip of your wraith?

Thanks for the +rep, Hevenblood. I really want to start on some UNSC models, but believe it or not, they are much harder to make than Covenant ones. Surprising, with the amount of Marine models on the Hive.

Superz, considering you've made half a wraith already("missing the back half"), I think you've made excellent progress. I'm nearly done making the Hunter. But I want to do some UNSC units!

Level 6
Making some UNSC models would be cool. I cant decide which group is my favorite, but I have to say, that they are both epic!
Ghost, good luck with the hunter!

Level 6
The model looks good, same as the skin. I really want to see the shooting animation on it. That would look cool.
xRiotZx - This is a UTM (I know what some people are going to say, and please don't say it) and it is not going to be playable. When we finish, that you can make a map that you want to make based on what ever you want.

Level 22
Aww, I was unaware of the definition of UTM. I assumed it was an abreviation for a project name. Like "(U)nder (T)he (M)oon" or something like that. I wish I could contribute in some way but I'm not a modeler, and I'm a horrid skinner.

Level 6
That is alright, I am no skinner, nor moddler, but I am a finder. If your interested, you could ask GhostThruster if you can be a person who could find some models on unknown sites.

Level 12
Hey guys, check these out! Superz ze Man, I'd like you to pause work on the wraith and start animating the Ghost. Those same animations you made before are fine.

Superz ze Man can just add the same bones and same names, and transfer the animations from the old ghost to the new one.

But GhostThruster if you want me to wrap something else, you better ask me before it is animated.

-Peper-, I would like you to edit the head of the Marine model (I attached it on post 125) to shape it into an ODST. Don't worry about the portrait, as an ODST wears a helmet (and therefore you can't see its mouth moving). If you need reference pictures, google up 'Halo ODST'. But let me make the texture first (I will tell you when I'm finished).

Thanks, Goolygot.

Superz, I will get Revilo to re-add those particles in. The skin should be in the .rar file (it is called 'GhostHD.blp).

Suggestions on the marine model? Does it look like a Halo 3 Marine roughly?

Thank you Goolygot :)

I managed to get a working Warthog! I just wanna clear all the UNSC shit out.
So, -Peper-, can you design a Spartan Laser? It is gonna be hard though...
If you can do it, I'll give you some ref pics.

x3Glike, all the supposed content is on post no. 10(see my sig). Once I have finished, I shall upload for anyone to download, and make their ULTIMATE HALO MAPS!!!

EDIT: Check out the polished ODSTs. You must attach the helmet ingame.

Last edited:
-Peper-, one thing I've learnt is that Wc3 models are destined to look like shit. This, on top of the fact that the gun is an attachment, will make the 'holes' hardly noticeable. Good job :)
I shall ask Goolygot another favour.

EDIT: I think I shall remove all the finished attached models. We don't want everyone to download them before the UTM is released!

Status
Not open for further replies.