• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Halo Warthog - WiP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been making a Halo Warthog for "help", who requested it. SuPa made a superb one before, but his laptop crashed, so he lost it. Then "help" came to me as "his last hope".

What I'm hoping for is that someone decides to skin this, preferably someone with GMax or 3DSM, so that they may change the UV Map to their liking, since mine is quite simple and un-practical...

Polys:(About) 598(NGons)

Stand:Yes.
Birth:Yes.
Death:Yes.
Walk:Yes.

11.12.07:Added the gun and 3 animations(stand, birth and death).
12.12.07:Added some modfication of the head-lights and added some lines across the windows.
18.12.07:Added the ".MDX".
22.12.07:Updated the model, added most of the particles + fixed some animation bugs. Al that's left is the skin, an I suck at it...
22.12.07:Added collision shapes and the "Origin ref". BTW: Merry christmas everyone!

Attachments

• WarthogSkin256.tga
    33.8 KB · Views: 115
  • WarthogSkin.tga
    78.8 KB · Views: 131
  • Warthog.MDX
    147.4 KB · Views: 143
  • Warthog_Stand.jpg
    Warthog_Stand.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 506
  • Warthog_Walk.jpg
    Warthog_Walk.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 402
  • Warthog_Birth.jpg
    Warthog_Birth.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 383
  • Warthog_Death.jpg
    Warthog_Death.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 329
Last edited:
Level 13
Oh, Nexus is correct, i think the front of the hog should stretch a bit farther back towards the seats, looks a bit small right now.

Still a nice model though.

Level 13
SO much better. my god it actualy looks like a warthog now !

Just curious, do you plan to have marines sit in those seats eventualy ?

Things to improve: there is a small metal lining around the front window, with a small bridge that connects the front and back down the middle of that lining, placed between the two seats.

The back also needs to have a bit of a ridge, they werent just flat, on this ridge there should be lights on the back (can be done w/textures).

Good work, i cant wait to see this in the approved models some day.

I don't know about the marines, but I have been thinking about something SuPa mentioned when he made his. To have them as attachments. That would just require me to modify a marine model some, to make him fit in, then add a simple animation, "stand" to make him bounce a little when it's driving/stanting.
The lights are going to be textured on the back, atleast in my UW...

Is this what you meant with lines? The one between is supposed to go along the floor...

Attachments

• WT_ScreenieEx.jpg
    WT_ScreenieEx.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 268
ZOMG BBQ AMBUSH ZOMG BBQ BBQSOGMSDAÅ\Å!!!!!!!

I have forgotten the "attack" animation!!! And my latest animation is "death", which means parts of the warthog are spread all around!

I dunno about the marines, though... First, I'll submit it without, and if it's suiteable, I'll add it... But I don't know.

If anyone can help me, please do: Help!

Last edited:
Level 13
This is what i was reffering to Mephisto.

WarthogBsmall.jpg

That little "bridge" connecting the two windows, above the middle of the passenger/driver compartment.

Edit: oh and be sure to include the lights on the top of the hog's windsheild, those are cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.