1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

A Halo UTM? ARE YOU JOKING???!

Discussion in 'Project Recruitment' started by GhostThruster, Oct 1, 2010.

1. -Peper-

-Peper-

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I can't, sadly.....

2. Goolygot

Goolygot

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have a problem with the model you gave me. I can't import it in milkshape or 3ds max. But I can open and see the model in model editor.

3. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ok, here's a bunch of my minor halo doodads. It contains basic stuff like walls, floors, doors, but also tiny computer screens and consoles, wires, tubes, and my very own spark effect for damaged equipment. ;)

Some covenant doodads have alternate animations to be used for damaged vessels, to use theese, place a rect on top of your doodads and make a trigger that causes all doodads in that rect to play their "stand alternate" animation.

Have fun and remember to give credit.

Attached Files:

• Halo.rar
      File size:
      305.7 KB
      Views:
  4. Hevenblood

Hevenblood

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wot back online. Good to see you back ghost. Thank you for the Halo doodads Fingolfin. I havent looked at them yet, but I know that they will be awesome.
    The scorpian looks really good, the wrap, and everything looks great on it . The pelican, I think that the wrap needs a little bit of work. I am no skinner, so I cant help you there.
    Other thank that +rep to all of you, for all of the good work.

5. -Peper-

-Peper-

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hm?
    Goolygot, i made that with Milkshape 3d. Or should i give you the .ms3d?

6. GhostThruster

GhostThruster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the donation, Fingolfin, I'm sure it will be most useful. +rep to you. Credits shall be given, and I can't wait for your Banshee!

@Goolygot: Try this (the wonders of Biturn).

Last edited: Jun 14, 2011
  7. N00B5600

N00B5600

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow! Only the Covenant things are left! Congratulations! Too bad there's no model of Installation 04.... sniff.....

8. GhostThruster

GhostThruster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Ya joking!? There's no way I'm gonna make a model/texture of a whole frickin' ringworld!

-Peper-, I think I will appoint you to make the Brute. I will give you some details later.

9. -Peper-

-Peper-

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Later.....
    I found out that 80% of my magos-made models will crash the editor. So i have to divide save files.

10. trexgod2k7

trexgod2k7

Resources:
    Resources:
    Now i understand why the Space Skeleton with the lightsaber crashes the editor.:vw_unimpressed:
    Anyway, Good job! Only the covenant left! :goblin_yeah:

11. GhostThruster

GhostThruster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the support, trexgod and N00B!

So, how are you gonna fix it, -Peper-?

12. -Peper-

-Peper-

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Idk, i'm just test the model everytime i added a geoset. So i'll know that geoset is forbidden to import.

13. Goolygot

Goolygot

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm almost done with the spartan Laser, but that was a very hard wrap. I edited all or almost all of the holes, and flipped all of the faces that were upside down. Half of the model was upside down. I can't fix up more of the wrap, because of the way the model was made.
    WIP.png
    I shall try to fix the wrap a little bit, but I wont promise that I fixes it.

Edit:
    Here is the model and wrap. And I couldn't fix the wrap, but I made some minor changes after that picture.
    WIP sword.png
    View attachment SpartanLaser.mdx
    Path of the texture is
    Textures\SpartanLaser.blp

14. Hevenblood

Hevenblood

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ghost, how about an update post for all of the people looking forward to the completion of this project?

15. -Peper-

-Peper-

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Lol, sorry my flip face button in my ms3d lodged, so i can't flip faces. In result of bad shading.

16. GhostThruster

GhostThruster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Thanks Goolygot, can I make you my honourary 'wrapper' for the Halo UTM? Perfect, I'll get to it right away.

-Peper-, I think I will be making the Brute from the Furbolg model(yes, I know the Hunter is based of it as well). Although the Sasquatch was similar as well, it was just too hard to modify.
    Towards the point, I dunno about Superz' activity, so, I'm gonna ask you to pull of a major job; the Wraith tank. Tell me if you're up to it(I think you can do it, but it will take time). If you decide to do it, then don't worry about the texture and anims, and I shall supply you with ref pics.

@Hevenblood: I've already got a progress report on post 10, and the OP shows the current final models and credits list. I'm too lazy to put together something fancy, but if you want to, you can (and I can supply you with all the models I've got).

17. Goolygot

Goolygot

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes you can. And if you need any not complexed model to be animated you can just ask me. By "not complexed" I mean like a living unit, like a human or the model I'm working on. Those needs many bones, but I'm not experienced enough for them. But one model I can animate is the ghost because it only need 1 bone.

18. -Peper-

-Peper-

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Meh, a tank?
    I think it's okay, since my editor haven't made a bug with tank models.
    Or i had to say, i will ask my friends to fix the model incase that fucking crashing bug appears again.
    (Lol, does the winged ghoul or what crashed the WE? 80% yes i think)
    So?

19. GhostThruster

GhostThruster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    @-Peper-: Think twice before you accept. Literally.
    1st. 2nd. Ofcourse, you're not gonna make it to the finest detail, I will draw up what the shape should be.

@Goolygot: K, added you up. Due to the fact that Superz ze Man's activity is shaky, I will need you to animate the Ghost model. It should have the same/similar anims of another model(I tried animtransfer, but it didn't transfer). I will post both models in a .zip file. The textured one is the one that needs animating, the untextured ones are the animations I require. Of course, this model is 'uncomplex'.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2011
  20. Superz_Ze_Man

Superz_Ze_Man

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Ghost. I got good news and bad news. Bad news, my old comp has about 40 viruses (my family computer, who knows what my 2 brothers did with it) Good news, i got a new laptop :D Took a while, but i finally have it and can talk to you guys again whoopee! I downloaded the ghost to animate it, and finally get that thing done.

If i am gonna make the wraith, im gonna have to start again. Lost all my files and MUSIC... WHAT A TRAGETY. I need that for modeling :p

(stupid blue screen of death piece of bologneh!)>:|
    Anyway you guys could summerize what has happend while ive been gone?