• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Halo UTM

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.

At last, the UTM is released.

Information:
The Halo UTM was a project me and my team started months ago.
Its purpose was to bundle a variety of models based on the universe of the popular FPS game, Halo, into a single map database. This is to allow other enthusiastic Halo mappers to employ some aesthetic features.
Now, I know what you're thinking; Halo U-T-M, Ultimate-Terraining-Map, where's the terrain? Well, this UTM was made to focus on units, as well as weapon attachments and doodads.
Most of the models were either done by the UTM team, or donated by modellers far and wide. We worked hard on this.
Hopefully, we will be continually be updating this, and, honest to god, most of the UNSC look hideous.

The Team:
Here is the team behind it all:
Finder - Hevenblood - an awesome, resourceful helper, and the first to join!
Primary Modeller - -Peper-, an adept modeller able to create excellent works
Secondary Modeller - Revilo, one who can animate neatly and create cool geometry
Animator - Superz ze Man, once our former primary modeller, but now seeking to animate
Wrapper/Backup Modeller - Goolygot, an experienced wrapper(no, not like Ice Cube) that applies my textures and can do small animations
Skinner/Animator - Me, GhostThruster

Use:
Well, if you've never used a UTM, a UTM(Ultimate Terraining Map) is a Wc3 map that, instead of having playable/viewable features (like Altered Melees and cinematics), is a mini-database for specific resources. This map is focused on Halo, and so consists of many Halo models.
It has 22 units, 21 weapons, and 53 doodads in total.
The UTM is arranged in three factions; UNSC (the humans), Covenant (the aliens), and Others (the... others), and then further divided into separate categories; Units, Weapons and Doodads.
Units are represented by units in the Object Editor, Weapons are represented by items, and Doodads by doodads. Also, the factions will be represented by categories within, eg. The UNSC units are categorised as Humans, the Covenant as Orcs, and the Others as Undead.

Oh, and before I forget...
GIVE CREDITS. Always give credits to the authors of the models. Credits are listed in the Trigger Editor, and there is a key to ease your navigation. Also, if you'd like, you can also additionally credit the UTM as the 'UTM Team' if you use any resources.

Thanks for downloading. 7

Changelog:
Update 1: Removed Ripped model

Keywords:
Halo, UTM, Ultimate Terraining Map, UNSC, Covenant, Flood, Forerunner
Contents

The Halo UTM (Map)

Reviews
19:00, 17th Jan 2011 -Kobas-: Map Status: Pending Broken Rules: / Comment 13:42, 27th Jan 2011 -Kobas-: Map Status: Approved Broken Rules: / Comment11:28, 03rd Feb 2011 -Kobas-: Map Status: Rejected Broken Rules: / Comment: Stuff...
Level 31
Gonna be brutally honest here.

This pack should never have been approved. Its basically a few halfway decent models by fingolfin, a old ass but good model by kimberly, and then just a massive pile of incoherent shit. It all doesn't fit together and is generally awful.

This is basically a model pack put into map form because you know half the models inside the map would NEVER get approved. And dont give me the "ITS AN ALPHA VERSION" crap. The map section is not for alphas and betas. Its for completed maps. The update feature is for bugfixes and/or various touch ups. It's not for "HALO MODELS BY OTHER PEOPLE VERSION 0.666". Honestly the author of the map has basically nothing to do with it. The person who should have uploaded (if at all) is fingolfin.

Awful map. Generally shit models. Bad idea. DUN DO EET.

Level 26
Rofl, i love how Fingolfin, forgotten warlord, bob, and me arent on the credit list in the description xD. Personally, i wouldnt want any credit in such a.... *insert descriptive adjective with negative connotation here* map, but fingolfin made ALL the doodads. Even if the credits are in the map, you should also put them, by specific username, in the map 'description' credits if you're going to have a credit section in the map's description at all

EDIT: Agreed with bob, basically what ive been saying/have said the entire time. Since its not a playable map and since it has no triggers or terrain or ANYTHING specific to a map. this map is just a vessel to bypass the model upload section entirely.

If anything, this should be a pack, it's not a map in any way, shape or form.

@GhostThruster: it is a bit too safe though to keep all the crediting in the map, since there are very few contributors you wouldn't have any problems adding it to the description. Also, even though the crediting and explanations in the triggers are very thorough, you failed to credit any of my halo covenant models (the attachment trigger is just a copy of the UNSC one). You also specified by name the people who are included in the "UTM boys" and it was only the modelers who delivered specifically to this map.

As for you other guys, i believe GhostThruster has been trying very hard to collect (and organize the modeling of) halo resources; there is no lack in ambition, only in skill. many of my own doodads are very basic despite their usefulness in the context and would hardly be approved in the modeling section as they are. I think any act to encourage the use of those damned halo models is welcome, maybe then some maps will show up before the wc3 community goes to shit.

Level 31
As for you other guys, i believe GhostThruster has been trying very hard to collect (and organize the modeling of) halo resources; there is no lack in ambition, only in skill.

Thats the point. His skill is all that matters. Otherwise, the thousands of little narutards making absolute shit maps and taking a long time to do it should all get pats on the back and heaps of praise. The end result is, the map is shit. Well, its mostly shit, with a little bit of your stuff, which is the only part that ISN'T shit. Its essentially a work around model pack.

many of my own doodads are very basic despite their usefulness in the context and would hardly be approved in the modeling section as they are. I think any act to encourage the use of those damned halo models is welcome, maybe then some maps will show up before the wc3 community goes to shit.

Just because it's Halo themed isn't justification.

Thats the point. His skill is all that matters. Otherwise, the thousands of little narutards making absolute shit maps and taking a long time to do it should all get pats on the back and heaps of praise. The end result is, the map is shit. Well, its mostly shit, with a little bit of your stuff, which is the only part that ISN'T shit. Its essentially a work around model pack.

Good point there.

Fingolfin, the next time I update, I will add a special thanks list with your name on it.

No, Mr. Bob, I won't respond, because a) your comment is a waste of internet space and b) what part of it isn't waste has already been said by anarchianbedlam. Lots of love, GhosT.

One last thing, I don't give a shit. If you guys want, I'll stop making the UTM, making everyone happy :)))

Level 31
No, Mr. Bob, I won't respond, because a) your comment is a waste of internet space and b) what part of it isn't waste has already been said by anarchianbedlam. Lots of love, GhosT.

Thanks for responding.

One last thing, I don't give a shit. If you guys want, I'll stop making the UTM, making everyone happy :)))

You haven't really been making it at all. Other people have, and you've just been compiling it, and making some shitty extras.

Either stop working on it, or make it good.

Yes, I replied, no I didn't respond, ie. I'm not answering any of your shit :)))

I'm only good with textures and minor model edits, so yes, I didn't 'make' alot of them, but I did supply ALOT of them with textures (I've greatly improved. Compare the ODST to the Wraith or Phantom). But that's why I have a team. I'm making it good, could you please not repeat anarchianbedlam's complaints or, you know, start either saying something constructive or helping?

I wouldn't mind a post saying:
"The Pelican looks shit. Add some goddamn back-fins and a better texture. As for the rest, you need alot of improvement."

Level 31
I'm only good with textures and minor model edits, so yes, I didn't 'make' alot of them, but I did supply ALOT of them with textures (I've greatly improved. Compare the ODST to the Wraith or Phantom). But that's why I have a team. I'm making it good, could you please not repeat anarchianbedlam's complaints or, you know, start either saying something constructive or helping?

The textures you made are awful to be honest. Also, how is this not constructive?

I wouldn't mind a post saying:
"The Pelican looks shit. Add some goddamn back-fins and a better texture. As for the rest, you need alot of improvement."

Thats the problem. They are all shit. There isn't really a way of improving the models without starting over.

Plus, you shouldn't be submitting it in map form. It should be in model form in the model section. Then you can pack it up.

-Peper-, who's side are you on?! :p

Mr. Bob, now I shall respond.

1. Telling me that these models/textures are shit and 'DUN DO EET' is not very helpful in my opinion. Telling me to quit is not helpful either. Furthermore, yep, I agree with you on something too. Most of the textures are shit. But, like I've said, I've gotten better.

2. That's what we're DOING. So, the little bit of advice you've given we've already done, and you're now just writing pointless 'this is shit' comments.
I realize now that yes, I shouldn't have done this. I thought that I could submit a map and continually update it, but, as anarchianbedlam pointed out;
It's like if i submitted a skin to the skin section that was just a stick figure and saying that I would "update it later and improve it"
But, seeing as how it is approved anyways, I thought I might as well keep it here (but still update it).

@anarchianbedlam: I will add icons, tilesets, etc. later. Maybe not triggers though.

Level 22
Lol being too excited.
Yeah, we are lacking professionals. If someone said 'this model suck' then it's the only choice than nothing at all.
And lol yeah, if someone can make those extremely-very-making-me-lazy models don't look shity, then make it.
If we didn't know how to make not-shitty-models, how we can make it? That is the purpose of recruitment.

Level 31
-Peper-, who's side are you on?! :p

Mr. Bob, now I shall respond.

1. Telling me that these models/textures are shit and 'DUN DO EET' is not very helpful in my opinion. Telling me to quit is not helpful either. Furthermore, yep, I agree with you on something too. Most of the textures are shit. But, like I've said, I've gotten better.

2. That's what we're DOING. So, the little bit of advice you've given we've already done, and you're now just writing pointless 'this is shit' comments.
I realize now that yes, I shouldn't have done this. I thought that I could submit a map and continually update it, but, as anarchianbedlam pointed out;
But, seeing as how it is approved anyways, I thought I might as well keep it here (but still update it).

@anarchianbedlam: I will add icons, tilesets, etc. later. Maybe not triggers though.

So delete it. And then you can come back later when you have real content, and try again.

Also, no, all the things you listed are very helpful.

What's the POINT?! Don't you see, deleting it doesn't make a difference! You can't convince me. Your only argument is 'this is shit', and this map is already approved. There's no harm in leaving it here, if -Kobas- or anyone else re-considers, I won't cry like a baby if they set it to rejected.

Also, no, none of the things you've said, aside from There isn't really a way of improving the models without starting over., has been of any help to me. I've explained as best as I could why I'm not deleting it, so any of your 'constructive comments' telling me that this map is crap and that I should banish it from the ends of the Earth is not constructive.

Do you see, I'm not being unreasonable, not being protective. I admit that most of the things in it are crap, I admit that I shouldn't have uploaded this early, but it's uploaded, and I think we should deal with it.

@-Peper-: Most of the horrid models were made by me (or they turned horrid from my textures). But I've gotten better at texturing and animating (compare my Elite model to my SC2 marine). The team did a fairly good job (I liked the ODST helm you made, as well as the Laser).

Will this solve problem between you, I just can't watch this anymore...

GhostThruster upload map, attach it or whatever in terrain board, within other terrain related maps, it will be rejected here after that.

Others please stop bothering him, I guess, or should I say, I know, that he get the point...

You all have 3 days to do what you want I come then and set this resource status to rejected, as stuff decided! I have nothing more to say.

Level 6
Ghost, try to calm down, try to think, your UTM is not half bad, but it is 50% made by you, because the idea was made by you, so don't feel bad

and others, please don't make Ghost pissed off, like the accident with forgotten_warlord ,mods pissed him off until he left hive , don't let that happen again.

when you are pissed, 90% acts will be passed on to your "anger" ( i asked my friend xD)