- Jan 25, 2011
Art by: Wietze Fopma
Texture an ingame/custom model that resembles a character from any Mythology (Norse, Greek etc).
In order to enter the contest and be eligible to win a prize, contestants must submit their final entry to the Skin Resource section.
Remember to write in the description "Entry for the 30th Texturing Contest". Furthermore:
- Submissions must follow the contest theme.
- Submissions may not be started / made before the official launch of the contest.
- Teamwork is not allowed (physically working on someone else's entry).
- Giving feedback isn't considered teamwork and is always welcome. However if you feel someone is abusing it, you may appeal to the appointed moderator.
- Post 2 WorkInProgresses in the contest thread during the contest process. It should be clear that you are working on the submission.
- The submission must be posted in the respective resource section, before the contest ends.
- The resource description must make it clear it's a submission from the respective contest.
- As teamwork is not allowed the staff will close the resouce thread as soon as possible, that reviews can't be made.
You're welcome to contact the appointed moderator, or staff, to speed up this closing process.
- Post your final entry in the contest thread before contest is over. The post should be a little presentation, having your submission attached.
- Judges may not participate.
- Submission must follow the Skin Submission Rules.
- You can use existing warcraft 3 models or custom models found on the site.
- Model edits are not allowed.
- Textures mustn't be larger than 512 pixels in any dimension when submitted as final entry, though you may work in 1024 (or higher), but they must be resized down to 512, preferable 256 on equal dimension textures when submitted.
Breaking any of these rules may lead to punishment in the judgement score, up to disqualification from the contest, depending on the weight of the issue. In case of doubts towards a certain rule you are very encouraged to discuss it in the contest thread so others and judges may help with sorting it out.
- 1st place: 45 reputation points
- 2nd place: 30 reputation points
- 3rd place: 15 reputation points
- Entry: 5 reputation points
- Judge: 5 reputation points
The three winning teams will receive an award icon, representing the winning entry.
- Judge 1
- Judge 2
- Judge 3
|Does the unit fit into the WCIII lighting environment? Is the source of light consistent? Does the unit have a realistic 3D shape enhanced by the shading? Is each individual part shaded according to the material?||/30|
|Does the design of the unit suit the model it is wrapped on? Has the author come up with creative ways to change parts of the model into something new? Does the unit fit into the style of WCIII?||/40|
|Does the unit appear blurry and bland in-game? Are the details appropriate and realistically placed? Are the materials in use easily recognized?||/40|
- Judgement: 70%
- Poll: 30%
The contest shall begin on 24 March 2019 and conclude on
Assigned Staff: Heinvers