• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Texturing Contest #30 - Mythological Characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moy

Moy

Level 49
the%20hive%20workshop.png

texturing.png
contest.png
number.png
3.png
0.png

untitled-1-png.319130

Art by: Wietze Fopma

Mythological Characters

Texture an ingame/custom model that resembles a character from any Mythology (Norse, Greek etc).

contest%20rules%20and%20conditions.png

In order to enter the contest and be eligible to win a prize, contestants must submit their final entry to the Skin Resource section.
Remember to write in the description "Entry for the 30th Texturing Contest". Furthermore:

• Submissions must follow the contest theme.
  • Submissions may not be started / made before the official launch of the contest.
  • Teamwork is not allowed (physically working on someone else's entry).
    • Giving feedback isn't considered teamwork and is always welcome. However if you feel someone is abusing it, you may appeal to the appointed moderator.
  • Post 2 WorkInProgresses in the contest thread during the contest process. It should be clear that you are working on the submission.
  • The submission must be posted in the respective resource section, before the contest ends.
    • The resource description must make it clear it's a submission from the respective contest.
    • As teamwork is not allowed the staff will close the resouce thread as soon as possible, that reviews can't be made.
      You're welcome to contact the appointed moderator, or staff, to speed up this closing process.
  • Post your final entry in the contest thread before contest is over. The post should be a little presentation, having your submission attached.
  • Judges may not participate.
  • Submission must follow the Skin Submission Rules.
  • You can use existing warcraft 3 models or custom models found on the site.
  • Model edits are not allowed.
  • Textures mustn't be larger than 512 pixels in any dimension when submitted as final entry, though you may work in 1024 (or higher), but they must be resized down to 512, preferable 256 on equal dimension textures when submitted.

Breaking any of these rules may lead to punishment in the judgement score, up to disqualification from the contest, depending on the weight of the issue. In case of doubts towards a certain rule you are very encouraged to discuss it in the contest thread so others and judges may help with sorting it out.

prizes.png

• 1st place: 45 reputation points
  • 2nd place: 30 reputation points
  • 3rd place: 15 reputation points
  • Entry: 5 reputation points
  • Judge: 5 reputation points
The three winning teams will receive an award icon, representing the winning entry.​

contest%20judging.png

• Judge 1
  • Judge 2
  • Judge 3

Shading
Does the unit fit into the WCIII lighting environment? Is the source of light consistent? Does the unit have a realistic 3D shape enhanced by the shading? Is each individual part shaded according to the material?/30

Concept
Does the design of the unit suit the model it is wrapped on? Has the author come up with creative ways to change parts of the model into something new? Does the unit fit into the style of WCIII?/40

Details
Does the unit appear blurry and bland in-game? Are the details appropriate and realistically placed? Are the materials in use easily recognized?/40

/100

• Judgement: 70%
  • Poll: 30%
FinalScore = (30*Reached_Votes/POSSIBLE_VOTES) + (70*JudgeScore/100)

contest%20dates%20and%20deadline.png

The contest shall begin on 24 March 2019 and conclude on 24 April 2019 GMT (day is included) extended until 14 May 2019 GMT (day is included)

Assigned Staff: Heinvers

Last edited:
Level 18
To celebrate the recent release of Sekiro and my undeniable weebness, I thought it fit to go for something Nipponese.
Thus, I've gotten off my ass and started working on Nue.

Trying to make these eyes look round instead of sad egg yolk will be a worthy challenge.
The model can be found here

happyboi-png.319573

Updated

Attachments

• NueNue.png
    NueNue.png
    436.4 KB · Views: 348
  • Happyboi.png
    Happyboi.png
    451.8 KB · Views: 2,245
Last edited:

Moy

Moy

Level 49
Guys I have to say that the theme is Mythological Characters (hence the title change), but you could still go to a different direction but you'll most likely have a very low score on the Concept criteria which scores for 40 points. Just an early note guys.

Last edited:
Level 8
I think I want to join this to challenge myself.

I decided to do a Naga from Hindu mythology, a beautiful half-serpent half-woman. And I think I want to test how far can you go with a Naga Siren model.

Exert about Naga creature:
"Naga (Sanskrit: "serpent"), in Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism, a member of a class of mythical semi-divine beings, half human and half cobra. They are strong, handsome species who are potenitally dangerous but often beneficial to humans. They live in an underground kingdom which is filled with resplendent palaces, beautifully ornamented with precious gems. The creator deity Brahma commanded them to bite only the truly evil or those destined to die prematurely. They are also associated with beings guardians of treasures."

Last edited:

Moy

Moy

Level 49
Sorry for the inactivity guys and the lack of promotion of the contest, I've been busy with real life and was not able to squeeze some time in the site. I've extended the contest by 20 days (new deadline: May 14) and please throw some WIPS and hopefully it'll be finished. I'll be one of the judges too and I am looking for another judge to help me, any recommended person to judge?

@PrinceYaser @Chen @Bernkastel @aeman

Level 18
note: if i can't finish it sooner that's may because of how busy am i lately with preparation for exam and stuff so i got no time for my laptop

Attachments

• theta.png
    theta.png
    697.6 KB · Views: 413
Last edited by a moderator:
@~Nightmare Currently, two participants have finished their entries (and others seem to be close to doing so), so I do not understand exactly what you mean.
He meant one more entry to conclude, which means having overall 3 entries.

I'm not entirely sure if I can finish mine, the life is killing me lol.. I might end up being a judge tho!

Level 29
I won't ever die, this place is my second home.

Well, I might even be able to finish my texture, only the time will tell. It's 60% finished judging from my latest WIP. There is still a few days left, but I'm not sure, so I'll see what I can do.

Hope to have more finished entries!

Sorry for the inactivity guys and the lack of promotion of the contest, I've been busy with real life and was not able to squeeze some time in the site. I've extended the contest by 20 days (new deadline: May 14) and please throw some WIPS and hopefully it'll be finished. I'll be one of the judges too and I am looking for another judge to help me, any recommended person to judge?

today is the deadline it seems,

status?, update?, extention?

Level 25
I've been trying to figure out what to do for this one. I've no interest in inserting other mythologies into WC3, so I've looked around every now and then at the actual mythology for WC3 and today I was reminded of Hakkar the Soulflayer from WOW. And now I sorta-kinda want to do a bastardized version of the Sons of Hakkar. So I'm going with the "Bastard Spawn of Hakkar", a degenerate version of Son of Hakkar and Hakkar the Soulflayer. If that doesn't work, I'll just call it Hakkar the Soulflayer. Hopefully, this is within reason and follows the rules, lol.

If I don't finish by today, don't wait up, I'm not sure I have any spare time left the coming weeks either way. So here goes nothing:
Bastard.png

Edit 1
Not very likely to finish in time, got stuck with the IIHF World Championship... And I got stuck with the hole in the cheat-thing. I can't remember what the stone/s does, but probably something-something-corruption.

Bastard_2.png

Edit 2
Spooky, scary skellingtons! It's late, I've to sleep. Almost made it! Better luck next time! x'D

Bastard_3.png

Last edited:
With heinvers on board deadlines are even more history!
The contest shall begin on 24 March 2019 and conclude on 24 April 2019 GMT (day is included) extended until 14 May 2019 GMT (day is included)
Gather community and make awesome work. Good job all of you! :]

Edit: Oh, I don't know... I didn't see this at contest info:
Assigned Staff: Heinvers

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.