• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Contest #29 - Old Gods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18

im in.png

funny to know that im trying to create same thing but on the different occasion
and not to related to benedictus but based on how benedictus look
Interesting.. we'll see how the result will look like.
Here is my 2nd WIP. Might not be able to finish or finish on time, sorry lol. School is eating all of my spare time.
wip-2-png.304811
Model preview please! :xxd:

Level 11
Hmm, old gods. perhaps texturing the following too can be fun:
- Observer ward
- Sludge flinger
- Ziggurat (Spirit tower as well)
- Observatory (the spinning crystals can be part of Old God's eyes or entrails or whatsoever)
- Fel Stalker

LOL.

Level 14
Trying to texture a creepy rare unit.

I call him "N'zoth's Begrudged", this one is a servant of probably an aquatic old god same as the Naga, I'm not sure if it's N'zoth. It is undead aquatic lifeforms drawn from the flesh of the old god.
full

"Such grave abomination. They begrudge all mortals, hate life. These pungent husks have very thick dead scaly skin hardened by unknown waters, probably breathed to life by N'zoth. What differs from these hate-formed beings from the Scourge's undead, is that they feed on both mortal flesh and other 'undead' as well." -Jäger Vanhekt

WIPPY
x2-jpg.304991

Attachments

• X2.JPG
    X2.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 798
Level 18
Trying to texture a creepy rare unit.

I call him "N'zoth's Begrudged", this one is a servant of probably an aquatic old god same as the Naga, I'm not sure if it's N'zoth. It is undead aquatic lifeforms drawn from the flesh of the old god.
full

"Such grave abomination. They begrudge all mortals, hate life. These pungent husks have very thick dead scaly skin hardened by unknown waters, probably breathed to life by N'zoth. What differs from these hate-formed beings from the Scourge's undead, is that they feed on both mortal flesh and other 'undead' as well." -Jäger Vanhekt

WIPPY
x2-jpg.304991

you should called it yogg saron failed experiment

Level 6
Since my original Plan was redoing the Sludge monstrosity

sludgebeast.gif

and turning it into the Loa G'Huun the blood god, however i was unhappily surprised that sludge monstrosity shares UV with's the acolyte
G'huun
G%27huun

I started with this Dwarf axe Thrower in an effort to turn him into a dark iron dwarf thrower
Dwarf Axethrower (WotR)

And considering there's already a dark iron MalFurion, i'm thinking my edit is a bit to underwhelming even I complete the idea.

Attachments

• wip1.jpg
    wip1.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 214
Level 6
hmm having a hardtime figuring out how to extract the original UV... the bottom side of the axes is done with some small uv cheat but can't seem to find the polygons that it uses. so it's kinda giving me a full round burning steel on the bottomside. Well i guess i'll make due nonetheless
Wip 3
wip3-jpg.305856
Since it's my first entry ever. Did i submit correctly?
Dark Iron Dwarf Axethrower

145375-f2842b2d35060b228d2fb9b231c9cfee.jpg

Attachments

• wip2.JPG
    wip2.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 84
  • wip3.JPG
    wip3.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 478
Last edited:
Hello guys sorry for the inactivity. @Arowanna @nightelfbuilder

I am willing to extend this for the third time, but I need you guys your opinion on how many days/weeks or if it is needed.
As of this moment, we only have 4 confirmed entries (uploaded in the section). Also @Naze @Traggey are you willing to be a judge again?
I think a week or two will be enough, hopefully (correct me if i'm wrong).

Last edited:
Hello guys sorry for the inactivity. @Arowanna @nightelfbuilder

I am willing to extend this for the third time, but I need you guys your opinion on how many days/weeks or if it is needed.
As of this moment, we only have 4 confirmed entries (uploaded in the section). Also @Naze @Traggey are you willing to be a judge again?
A week will be nice in my opinion, tho I've uploaded mine, but I think if anyone could not finish their entry at this time, they shall never do it.

Level 25
GO AROWANNA! I BELIEVE IN YOUUU!
<3
Hm.. my phone shows 16 September, but no matter, you could definitely finish that bad boy in some hours (not sure if it's still the one you've shown xD).
It's the same one, mainly clean up left and team color left. Shouldn't take too long.

I think we're going with GMT, so 2h 15 minutes :>

Level 25
Preview.png

Gotta pick one of them, as I guess I ain't allowed to publish more than one finished texture in the final entry?

Here's a quick idea for TC:

PreviewTC.png

Edit 1
PARTY HARD!

I think I'm done. Sorta. Uploading and stuff.

Halibut.gif

Edit 2

I'll post a non-TC version later on, but as I'm not sure if I'm allowed to upload both, I'll leave it at this.

Last edited:
Level 10
Status
Not open for further replies.