• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Contest #19 - Golem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Sweet idea, DvO, I hope you fight your way through with it.

thats a crazy idea. a damn furnace. :O

Thats what i was trying to say a couple posts ago. But someone likes to be narrow minded in hosting contests >.<

I personally think the theme is rather broad and accepting. Besides, a creative mind wouldn't be limited by such restrictions. The creative mind is the one that comes up with an original solution. >_>

Level 7
Well, I gave it a try...

Attachments

• T19WiP.jpg
    T19WiP.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 195
Level 9
Here is a next little WiP, maybe my final, but im not sure...
However, i have added more contrast, so it looks more mettalic, fixed the black part of the cape and recolored it and added a belt...
Hope you like it more :)

I was thinking a while ago to start a skin pack, "Living statues", making all existing units a statue-like skin. Yours reminds me of that. :ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 8
will something like my murloc work? I mean, i guess it's not a golem much, but any chance it would count? (my first texture)
It's sorta like an xbox murloc,

and if not, would something like this? (made from silver and gold)

Attachments

• Silver and gold.JPG
    Silver and gold.JPG
    17.5 KB · Views: 152
  • will it work.JPG
    will it work.JPG
    20.7 KB · Views: 154

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Silver and gold are metals - remember that it's the body that needs to be a golem, and as such be made of the materials specified in the rules. Making golden armour doesn't count. Not sure what that Murloc is.

Level 19
It's sorta LEDs and black metal, i guess it wont work, so i'm working on a new one, a robot chicken, xD should be finished soon.

Critters are my territory sir. And this thread isn't big enough for the two of us...

I changued my concept , but i think it kinda sucks

Head needs to be changed, of course.

Level 38
Critters are my territory sir. And this thread isn't big enough for the two of us...

You can't call dibs on 20 something models and expect people to listen to you, that just goes against everything calling dibs on something is all about XD

@ waveseeker: You should spend more time on that, adjust the lights and darks to make the skin look more shinny, and add more detail.

Level 38
^^ I'm currently crunching to get my race done for the tech-tree contest, so I might not have anything new ready for a while. I just upgraded my computer now so I should be able to finish it in photoshop now though, rather than being refined to 1 layer 1 max undo of the Corel painter 8 I made most of it in.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Decided to have a go at making something out of the Tauren Chieftain model.

MountainLegendWIP02.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

If by ancient you mean Night Elf treant, no, it's a rock golem. Thanks, guys, it's still far from done, though.

Level 8
Mountain giant has some grass growing on it right? I mean its not a golem I don't think but I don't think it's considered a living creature either... no idea actually, but yeah like someone said moss, grass grow on stone all the time, that doesn't make the stone living.

Status
Not open for further replies.