• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Contest #19 - Golem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Hehe, fun one, Denth.

Anyway, if anyone were confused or are in doubt - here's an excerpt from the rules to clarify:
The Golem can be decorated, armoured or detailed otherwise with any non-synthetic material (moss on rock, for instance).
That means that your golem should be built by one, or more, of the materials mentioned in the rules, but it can be partially covered in other materials (it should still be obvious what material it is made of). This rule was made specifically to make it easier for people to add variation to their works and work around certain problems with models. A golem can be armoured, it can have weaponry and it can be covered with runes and other designs.

I'll post a new WIP soon, I've been busy this weekend. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hehe, fun one, Denth.

Anyway, if anyone were confused or are in doubt - here's an excerpt from the rules to clarify:

That means that you golem should be built by one, or more, of the materials mentioned in the rules, but it can be covered in other materials. This rule was made specifically to make it easier for people to add variation to their works and work around certain problems with models. A golem can be armoured, it can have weaponry, runes and other designs.

I'll post a new WIP soon, I've been busy this weekend. ;)

I think they understood that but i may have more influential power than i thought xD. So they took it like i was right :p

Level 25
? wait, a draenei golem?
Yes and I'm guessing it's this, not sure however.
If I remember it right, Arcane Golems are guarding the main capital of the Draenei, Exodar, in World of Warcraft.

Edit
Sorry, gave it a quick search and found out that they are not guardians of Exodar, but are found in Silvermoon City and various of other places.

Level 26
? wait, a draenei golem?

Yes and I'm guessing it's this, not sure however.
If I remember it right, Arcane Golems are guarding the main capital of the Draenei, Exodar, in World of Warcraft.

Edit
Sorry, gave it a quick search and found out that they are not guardians of Exodar, but are found in Silvermoon City and various of other places.

Draenei Golem= Golem based off the wc3 Draenei model ( http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1827818-post81.html ) :cgrin:

Level 18
K well everyone who has completed, nice work
Everyone not done..I scowl at you
And stop going off topic, I'm looking for WIPs and all I saw was bout 5 pages of useless shit about what a "golem really is" take that somewhere else please

K well everyone who has completed, nice work
Everyone not done..I scowl at you
And stop going off topic, I'm looking for WIPs and all I saw was bout 5 pages of useless shit about what a "golem really is" take that somewhere else please

scowl.jpg

I scowl at you too. <3 You didnt finish anything either ;)

Level 10
For those who entered: Just finish your products before deadline.

Ok, so to make it official, This is my entry.
197323-albums3867-picture43020.png

download here
The Rock Elder is known to be one of the wisest and oldest rock golems World wide. His knowledge of the world has it's roots in the oldest of WarCraft's wars, when he was still made of rocks. His old and breakable rocks make him weak in fighting, but his mental strength and intelligence have led a lot of other golems that were summoned by his master to victory. The wizard that summoned him has learned and studied the structure of the night elf Ancient of Lore.

Last edited:

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Crop the preview so you only see the entry version. You can only enter one skin.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Not completely satisfied.. I had for one hoped to get rid of those flat pieces sticking out of the totems, but they can't be removed. The axe turned out rather lame and I'm not particularly happy with the totem either. Anyway, this'll be my final entry if I can't make some time to make another Golem before the deadline.

MountainLegend0P.png

MountainLegend01.png

MountainLegend02.png

MountainLegend03.png

MountainLegend04.png

Attached skin in both .blp and .png format for viewing convenience.

Attachments

• MountainLegend.blp
    163 KB · Views: 142
  • MountainLegend.png
    MountainLegend.png
    264.5 KB · Views: 393

sPy

sPy

Level 21
My final entry.

attachment.php

Made up of rocks and green lava. The shells are team colored. I added light source at the bottom part to suit with Death/Death Swim anim.

Paths (Choose one)

Textures/DragonSeaTurtle.blp
Textures/GiantSeaTurtle.blp
Textures/SeaTurtle.blp
Actually, I'm pretty proud with this :D
Because this is the only texture that can successfully published :D

Edit: For some reason, the team colored part doesn't work on "Texture Quality = Low" Game Settings.

Attachments

• Feltoise.JPG
    Feltoise.JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 997
  • DragonSeaTurtle.blp
    104.1 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:

A.R.

Skin Reviewer
Level 25
Hay A.R., you getting any closer to pulling off that totally awesome idea you mentioned? :D

It wasn't as awesome as I'd thought it would be and something else devoured all my time :p

Some nice work here everyone, even if some of it is straying more into elemental and robot territory than strictly golem.

Level 23
M0's entry

Changed my mind and did something for this contest. The result of a hard worked day this is.
I hope this counts as a golem, even though there is an additional human to it.
They are meant to be creator and golem, ready for battle, ready for the fight. Bring the heat of the lava golem with you, when you charge in the battle.
Created out of pure lava and rocks, this horse-like Golem's will burn down everything in there way, controlled by the magical scrolls of their rider, those golems act totally mindless and without any fear. The magical scrolls prevent the rider from being damaged by the lava aswell.

Enjoy
184486-albums3456-picture43456.png

Attachments

• HeroArchmage(FireGolemRider).blp
    159.9 KB · Views: 135

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Speaking of horses, does the pack horse use the same skin for the horse? In which case the whole "dilemma" of there being a living rider would be gone simply by altering the path.

Anyhow, we need judges. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.