• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Competition #6 - Northrend/Icecrown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
i've started to make some details
wip2.jpg

TDR

TDR

Level 18
well it's my first time do some skin or be in some contest

...so what?...Anyway, to sum things up you don't need to ask permission, just enter and that's it.
Also yes, the armor is CnP and that's not acceptable. Being your first texture is no excuse at all for doing such a thing. I would also get rid of those black stripes, they don't do any good whatsoever.

Level 18
Arch- your skin does indeed look like a copy and paste job from pictures from the movie
markone- why all the black ALL OVER THE SKIN! I would say its a good start, but you better add alot to it
Lioness- ok looks good, but the blood/stiches..eh I dunno. And the axes, you gotta redo them to look like ice, as mentioned before all I see is plastic
Inf3rn- WOW, looks awesome
I would suggest you make your shading/highlights a little more pronounced and then start working on his hammer. Looks great though!

Level 18
The shield edge looks very intesting, I like it
I needa see the whole body wrapped with the current state of the skin mark
Iris, fur? Ok, as long as you can make it work!
mad, lemme see if wrapped on the model

Level 9
you want to see this??

wip4.jpg

anyway upper part of shield is still ugly, i checked alpha layer, but tiny part of shield must stay visible in top pf it, thats why i made like this, but i may came with some better idea soon ... i dont post whole body, cause unfinished parts looks ugly :slp:

TDR

TDR

Level 18
CnP isn't about rules, it's more about common sense. Stealing the work of others is never cool.
And remember: it's always better to make something shit by yourself than making something shit via CnP.
I'll post an update soon.

Level 14

Here. As you can see black marks are in some places, Thoughs where already there because blizzard didn't draw all of the freaking skin but it's really easy to patch finding them is the hard part :(.

Attachments

• fur.jpg
    fur.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 147
  • fur1.jpg
    fur1.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 192

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

The weapon is bland, I would do something else with it that follows the style and color scheme of the shoulder pads, but make the handle progressively icy as it becomes closer to the hand.

Level 14
Each contestant must create a Northrend/Icecrown themed skin. Can be a Death Knight, Undead creature, or some sort of creep that would be found in Northrend/in Icecrown.

Just cause the word "ice" is in Icecrown doesn't make it an ice theme.

What I am saying is that I would like to see a bit more variation in the contestants skins.

Level 14
Each contestant must create a Northrend/Icecrown themed skin. Can be a Death Knight, Undead creature, or some sort of creep that would be found in Northrend/in Icecrown.

Just cause the word "ice" is in Icecrown doesn't make it an ice theme.

Doesn't matter. He said to make a Unit in to a northrend/icecrown creep or undead unit he didn't say the unit you had to skin had to come from icecrown and northend. And what i see he has a Icecrown Spell Bandit CREEP, :).

Level 12
Blahdidtyfrickingdah, minor update. Finished the boots except for the two and any other details that need to be put on. I am thinking osmething like a stap that goes around it, but I want some more opinions, so throw em out here. Also, what should I put on his toes? Gonna start the weapons, will eventually get to making him look like ice and not a teal thing.

Attachments

• Bandit.jpeg
    Bandit.jpeg
    51.9 KB · Views: 170
Level 2
I changed my mind about Medivh and thought i might make a Mannoroth/Pitlord Skin. It has a resolution 512x256. Is this ok? Because rule 5 says that i would have to resize it to 256x128 which is really small :/

Level 12
I think that because it was originally 512 it should be fine. They just dont want normal 256 in 512 size.

EDIT: Haha lets all build up tension as Chaos sits desperately waiting for advice on his skin. Mmkay guys, jokes over, lets be cool now.

Last edited:
Level 14
Theres nothing wrong with ice I just think it is a bit overused. And there are more skins so far that have had ice on them. Just most of them dont look all that much like ice. TDR has a perfect example of how an ice skin can turn out looking great. I want to see other things too. Maybe a yeti or a deathknight or maybe like a blue dragon doomguard.

Level 17
The only actual ice in the entire contest is on my demon and on l0w_kwaliti's hound, with his ice scales. I don't see any other that has ice in it, they're just cool colored. I don't see where the problem is.

Well, not everyone can skin as good as you people... Well, you especially :p

EDIT: Just a small update

Added the armour thing to parts of his blade
Redid the chest
In-game shoots
Alphaed down his hair a bit

008la9.png

Forgot to add shot of his hair...

008vu7.png

Dunno what I'm gonna do to the gloves, boots, outer blade, face, hair or ears and maybe the pants.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.