• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Competition #6 - Northrend/Icecrown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
guys im kinda stuck, any ideas for details

wip7.jpg

Shoulder plates aren't as detailed as the rest of the skin.

omfg i will make one picture for you... there isnt any copy paste here, its 100% freehand... just somethings i draw once then copy and resize to make more of them...

Thats copy and pasting but you also did it by hand 100% so its some weird hybird!!!

The only thing that will even remain team colored is the flag, gonna do something special for the pants. And yeah I know the beard looks kinda lame when its wrapped, lol. But my skinning skill, not blizzards wrapping skill, is whats to be proved here, so the squid-like beard shall remain, lolz. And if that isnt CnP you did an extremely good job of exactly replicating the lich helm on the shield, and the skull-snowflakes on both parts of the skirt, I am 100% sure I have seen all 3 of those before. And for gods sake change the shield back to the way it was before, it looked 20 times cooler hooked over than it does just flat.

Level 9
TAnd if that isnt CnP you did an extremely good job of exactly replicating the lich helm on the shield, and the skull-snowflakes on both parts of the skirt, I am 100% sure I have seen all 3 of those before. And for gods sake change the shield back to the way it was before, it looked 20 times cooler hooked over than it does just flat.

skull snow flake is hand made
tricky is that i have snowflake brushes for photoshop....
base how i did is here
snowflake.jpg

abt hemlet, i looked in real one in NerzulArmor.blp
but its not copy paste, i just drawed edges over it no much details... i dont like shield anyway... if u open that blp u will see what i mean,... anyway it doesnt fit much in other part of him

i didnt got you what mean by put back old shield which one?

abt making weapon new shape, its unpossible, blizzard didnt allowed :( i cannot remove elf ears, nor change shape of mask... nor change shape of weapon.... stupid but true...

Level 12
it isn't CnP when you look at one picture and you trying to draw it on blank paper. If you draw it almost perfectly it isn't CnP. It's skill and art.

If you still say that it is CnP then every artist (painter) who draws landscape and portrets is a cheater. He Copy the image which he sees in his mind and then his mind controls his skillful hands to paste it on a paper.

That was my opinion and here is an opinion of one hidden member who barely gathered enough bravery to say something.

" Well, I was surprised when I saw this topic. It is about what I am, about my creation. You probably know me. I'm not coming from land of ice. I am descended from Cryomancers, an Outworld race possessing the ability to generate and control the powers of ice. Almost everybody think that we are cool race (in both sense). No I'm not a magician who can make everything from ice. I'm just an ordinary guy who you don't want to piss off. You see, once Sheeva pissed me of. I tried to control myself but it was useless. She insulted my whole family including my fallen brother Noob Saibot (I will return my brother). So valorize before you piss me off. Is Sheeva looks happy on this picture (it was our last unfortunatelly)? mmmmmmmmmm... no.

subanimalityym2.jpg

Beside that I think that this thread is cool as I. Keep with a good work. If you want to chat with me, add my msn contact:

<[email protected]

Regards
Sub Zero "

Yep, it was him personally.

Level 9
Kaitech[SanD];480845 said:
You used the brushes for it... Isn't that just as lame as CnP??

why u think that its lame? so no brushed how should we paint ? using just one point pixels? no effects? ok i can do skin like that no problem, infact the most part of skin is done by 1pixel 0% edge and 30% flow dot... but details need more pro things then 1 pixel dot... if u can make better, make it on your skin

regards
markone

abt drawing something what you see, archangel gave good answer on that,...

and abt subzero and is he in this theme, u kids should go read abt some characters before you start offending them.

im probably out of this contest cause of childish behaving of some guys...

enjoy

may force be with you
markone

Well it prolly sucks compared to TDR's work, but perhaps if it aint good enough for first I can go second. Still a long way to go, but hes gettin there, heres the latest WIP. I am very proud of my beard work. And I decided to go back to full beard cuz the "brown octopus" looked kinda lame, lol.

Attachments

• Newshot.JPG
    Newshot.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 155
  • NorthrendSworddancer copy.jpg
    NorthrendSworddancer copy.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 193
Level 27
im probably out of this contest cause of childish behaving of some guys...
Meh, if you're gonna quit due to them, then I wouldn't try entering a competition.
These guys will try to do everything they can to get decent works disqualified at all costs.
I just wouldn't listen to them, let an actual judge tell you what's good and what isn't, not some guy trying to get you disqualified.
--donut3.5--

Level 14
Meh, if you're gonna quit due to them, then I wouldn't try entering a competition.
These guys will try to do everything they can to get decent works disqualified at all costs.
I just wouldn't listen to them, let an actual judge tell you what's good and what isn't, not some guy trying to get you disqualified.
--donut3.5--

Yeah don't quit the contest you're work is actually good besides it doesn't matter what anyone thinks but the judge.

Level 12
ok. You ask for it...

1. hm... I have already put here how I made Mortal Kombat sign. If somebody forgot here it is.
2. Upper body, you have shown it here.
3. And finally Sub Zero's mask. I draw it only for you, with screenshots. But I used other model, footman...

part1np2.jpg

part2bl5.jpg

And when I was a baby I have only then sucked... mother's milk.

Last edited:
Im done
I hope this wil be very usefull to everyone who are making new maps
Contest over! XD

Looks more like XS re-painted the trousers than recoloring. Re-painting doesn't violate the rules I think, though it would fool someone's eye to think it's recolor.
Anyway, the ear part needs to be alphaed (though the only problem is that the mouth shares the ear's wrap).

Level 21
No, it's not solid black. There are still the basic highlights. So you just traced over it
icon_rolleyes.gif
It's still freehand, but it's basically more retarded than recoloring

I don't even see how this texture fits the theme

Each contestant must create a Northrend/Icecrown themed skin. Can be a Death Knight, Undead creature, or some sort of creep that would be found in Northrend/in Icecrown.

Hmmmm, I have an inspirational idea, lets give constructive criticism like madcat has been giving on mine instead of yelling at each other and whining because we dont think something is perfect.

I think I may end up just going to brown pants madcat, I have been trying to figure something else out cuz there is already so much leather on him. I have tried about 7 different things and cant get something that looks cool, but still a long time left in contest, I will think of something.

Level 14
The honest truth is it doesn't matter if its a recolor or not because more then 75% is freehand he has proved this. So stop yelling at him. What is wining if you know you crushed someone else in to quiting because his was slightly better or was a threat to you wining because you're greedy as all get out. Even if you do win and get the icon the icon would lead back to this post and show how childish you have been and all the honor you so called get from having the wining icon is gone because you decided to yell at this dude instead of working on you're skin so it could be better or equal, a Good skinner like the end and werewulf give out tips so you can grow better and improve, keep telling him its a recolor and yelling at him isn't helping anyone.

Me personally i'm, doing this for fun/practice because honestly i don't expect to get anything being the newbie skinner i am, But even if i was aftering the rep/icon i wouldn't being yelling at people for not even a good reason.

And i know as soon as you see this you'll start yelling at me, Well go ahead yelling at the truth is like yelling at life nothing is going to change until you take action.

Status
Not open for further replies.