• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Competition #6 - Northrend/Icecrown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
TDR, my skin had ice on it, just not realistic looking...

Finally done something icy with his pants...

009kt0.png

Level 17
[*]Textures must be no larger than 256 pixels in any dimension when submitted as final entry, though you may work in 512 (or higher), but they must be resized down to 256 when submitted.

That's the mystery of the mis-understood rule solved!

I'm gonna TRY and do something with the chest-guard, maybe add some kind of tatoo or something...

Level 14
Skin ideas: Blue dragon doomguard, Deathknight Felguard, Abominable snowtroll (pretty much anything abominable), woolie white mammoth, northman (furry frimmed cloaks, leathers, a little bit of metal armor here and there, etc.), convert any humanoid into undead, zombie, or fleshy creature. Bla bla bla there you go.

Not ideas for MY skins but they are ok ideas. Good enough to at least get you started on something.

Level 18
Kaitech[SanD];479916 said:
The pants do have shading, and I can't do much on the chest,because on the back, half of it blurs... Badly...

Screw the back, you don't see it that much in game, you DO see the chest more
Make the chest better
And shade the pants better, I see no shading at the bottom or where they are in his middle, like in his "between leg" area

The Wombat is finally sticking up his first WIP for this contest, cred to mad cat for the idea for this skin, northrend blademaster. Thanks madcat. As you can see I dun have much done yet, pretty much just the sword, I am still trying to to decide what to use for the things around the neck, right now they are chinese coins, lol. Pay no attention to the flag, I was just screwing around and that is NOT what it is going to look like. Sorry about the crappy screenshot, I have to use warcraft 3 viewer which has lots of little buggy things that make skins look crappy unless you take the shot from some crappy angle. For some reason now whenever I try to open war3 model editor I get some weird error that wont let me open it. So here is what I have so far, pretty much just the sword.

Attachments

• Screenshot.JPG
    Screenshot.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 144
  • NorthrendSwordancer copy.jpg
    NorthrendSwordancer copy.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 141
Level 14
nice skin :thumbs_up: but.... i never new that subzero from ortal combat lived in Northrend/Icecrown? :eekani:

Yeah he has a Vacation house out there.

And one second the_End, i'll post some wraps.

Edit: Here you go. Thank you, Come Again xP.
Edit Again: I Really don't like the purple line on his chest now that i see it X(.

Attachments

• FurbolgScn.jpg
    FurbolgScn.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 93
  • Furbolgscn1.jpg
    Furbolgscn1.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 110
  • Furbolgscn2.jpg
    Furbolgscn2.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 102
Level 18
Yea I saw him there a couple times, when I was running errands for the Lich King...he always needs damn milk..augh
Anyways, I do suspect that mask is CnP, I have seen Sub-Zero and Scorpion skins before..I think at Wc3Warehouse when it was up and running? Not sure
And lemme see those screenies mad

Level 12
The head mask on your illidan, Archangel, appears to me as CnP

I didn't copy paste it, as you can see it's not perfect. Only that mask took me twenty minutes to do... And belt with that sign of mortal kombat took me ten minutes, but I was dissapointed because that sign isn't viewable in model editor :(. I will try to do it on blade...

Edit: Updated progress

12756310dl6.jpg

Last edited:
Level 2
Archangel that's looking awesome :grin:

Here's my progress on the pit lord so far, it's not much yet. No C n P or recolor this time :thumbs_up:

RAWR!

Attachments

• IceLord.jpg
    IceLord.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 147
Level 17
Yesterday, 03:47 PM
I am going to change everything about the skin, so yes the pants will be changed, however my computer crashed and we are still trying to fix it. Luckily I managed to get a backup of the skin file before the computer became totally un-bootable so it is not lost. But since my computer is screwed it will probably be a while before I can do any more skinning, so the next update wont be coming for a while, thanks guys.

Yesterday, 05:37 PM
I havent been on forums in a while so I didnt notice this, Im in.

Hmmm... I wonder how he suddenly managed to get his skinning back when his computer screwed?

Level 17
almost finished...

subzerore2.jpg

It's a nice skin, except just because he has a house in snow, doesn't mean he is instantly deserves to be in an icy terrain, in Scarborough winters, we get ice lots, does that mean I should instantly skin Scarborough?

EDIT: CtW, what happened??? Your Dragon man is uber, yet no you're just recolouring! Make an ice dragon man!!

Lol, calm down tards, I just recolored the skin to blue so I can see what it looks like with his coat and stuff, it wont just be recolor in final ver. And I dont wanna make ice dragon man, lol, tired of doing scales or anything dragon-like which is why I havent made much more progress on fire dragon man. And the reason I got back on quick is cuz I just used our other computer and now I have reinstalled windows on this one so I am back on first computer. Once again I say take it easy guys, the recolor is just temporary color check.

I would try and do some more freehand and reduce the giant CnP markone. Flip the teeth on weapon over and edit the alpha so the weapon has jagged tooth edge like shield. Heres most recent WIP guys, new beard is up and ready for action.

Attachments

• NorthrendSworddancer copy.jpg
    NorthrendSworddancer copy.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 115
  • Newbeard.JPG
    Newbeard.JPG
    135.3 KB · Views: 111
Status
Not open for further replies.