• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Competition #6 - Northrend/Icecrown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Kaitech[SanD];478133 said:
Meh, TDR wins... GG...

Eh doesn't matter to me i'm, doing it purely for fun.
I Could spend all night and day working on my skin but it doesn't mean i'm, going too xP.

Kaitech[SanD];477868 said:
Anyway, madcat2, why are you skinning in BMP :S

Well its actually in TGA but my computer can't tell the difference for some reason...

Level 17
Hmmm, I'm starting over.

EDIT:

Not much of an update, but still...

001ig7.png

Now to move onto his arms!

Last edited:
Level 17
Pfft, you win... Unless SuPa- or someone else jumps out with uber pwnage skin.
Why do you want to win another contest anyway, isn't one enough for you people who are to good? :S

Anyway, minor update, again, added a kind of armour to the wristband.
Anyone know how to rid of them stupid little triangles?

003vd5.png

Level 17
What? No way RSH! I wan't to freehand as much as possible!

Anyway, planned out his armour!

004lj3.png

Anyway, you'll be glad to know that he's gonna have a unique mask :p Still that bandage thing though, just a little more 1337!

Damn shame I can't remove them stupid drapes...

I'm gonna shorten them little pony tail things he has draping down, they go through the armour and look FUGLEH!!

Also gonna work on the legs and armour them.

Level 12
Alright ignore the fact that there isnt any detail, can anyone give me advice on how to map out ribs? I can't seem to get them to look at all good while still filling up the space. And its just a map, nowhere near done yet. Yeah the foot thing is me trying to make fur, I kinda like how it looks.

EDIT: One sec it wil be jpeg
EDIT 2: Should be fixed now

Attachments

• Bandit.jpeg
    Bandit.jpeg
    51.2 KB · Views: 207
Level 18
Chaos, basically the problem you'll have to deal with is maping them just right, which will take many click back and forths changing the smallest of things
But keep on trying, it'll happen
TDR- looks totally awesome, I love it, I wanna see how that weapon will come out
HT- I would suggest maybe making it look like there is a skeleton of the Abomination under the ice, just try it
Mad- it does look too plain, you have to figure out what other colors you can do with the armor or what other armor designs you can incorporate

Level 9
TDR- looks totally awesome, I love it, I wanna see how that weapon will come out
HT- I would suggest maybe making it look like there is a skeleton of the Abomination under the ice, just try it
Mad- it does look too plain, you have to figure out what other colors you can do with the armor or what other armor designs you can incorporate

any tips of mine exactly i dont know if to do the old just cloth and fur like the tuskar in wc3 or use some of the concept art from wotlk and give him some more tribal things?

Level 14
Chaos, basically the problem you'll have to deal with is maping them just right, which will take many click back and forths changing the smallest of things
But keep on trying, it'll happen

I figured out what i'm, going to do to make him stick out and look cool at the same time :). I don't have a name for it as of yet but it should take me about 3 days to finish the part though.

Level 2
I changed my mind, I'll be doing a Medivh Skin :)
Just curious anyway, what is the path for the Evil Illidan texture, all I found was the standard-Demon Hunter looking Illidan.

Kaitech thats wierd that the skin didnt show up, it must be something to do with the way you saved it o_O I have no idea lol

Level 17
I'm importing it in BLP, with the right path...

Contenders

madcat2 - Furbolg
Werewulf - Gone :thumbs_down:
Denu (Maybe)
Dionesiist - Paladin
LiOneSS - Beast Master
iristle - Naga Myrmidon
HeretoDLstuff - N/A
Kaitech[SanD] - Demon Hunter
INF3RNO - Dwarf Hero
~Void~ - N/A
SuPa- - THINKING
DwarfZealot (Maybe)
Elfsilver_Lord - N/A
Link598 - Fel Guard
Elenai - SECRET
modler2 - Lich King
HappyTauren - Something
Frostwhisper - Ancient Protector
Odin - Fel Guard
Garr - Dragonhawk Rider
l0w_kwaliti (Maybe)
Chaos Overlord - N/A
TDR - Faceless One
The_Twinz - Medihv

Level 2
Yeah I knew it was the right file path, otherwise the dh wouldn't have disappeared, I would go with what Werewulf said :grin:

Here's my attempt so far, keep in mind it's my first skin :thumbs_up:

Attachments

• Medivh2.JPG
    Medivh2.JPG
    17.8 KB · Views: 187
  • Medivh3.jpg
    Medivh3.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 247
Level 2
this is like c'n'p on his cape and random lines on his face... fix it or go!

I did state I've just started, and this is my first ever skin :p You can't expect me to have it 100% completed in a matter of minutes. I still may change my mind about what model im using. I'm getting there :grin:

Edit: At the end of the comp, maybe the customs skins should be shown with the originals, so people can see a comparison and see how much they've done :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.