• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terrain Mini-Contest IV: Build me a dream castle...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
castle.jpg
33cq248.jpg
2zjmic3.jpg

Terrain Mini-Contest #4
Build me a dream castle...

IF YOU DON'T POST YOUR ENTRY IN THIS THREAD IT WILL NOT BE COUNTED!

THEME:
With this mini-contest, I'm going to take a different approach to things. The theme itself is pretty simple: Build the most aesthetically-pleasing castle you can imagine. The way this is done, however, is a bit different from usual terrain contests. You must provide THREE screenshots of your terrain: One from the outside, some distance away, showing the whole castle at the best angle you can find, one from the inside, showing one of the rooms, and one from somewhere close to the main entrance. You may use different special effects for each screenshot, but otherwise nothing can change. You may also provide more than 3 screenshots, but the three I listed are required.

DEADLINE:
EDIT: 30th May

REWARD:
+5-10 rep to the winner, depending on how high they score in the judging.

Last edited:
Level 35
And the "whatever imports you want" thing still counts? If so, hell I'm in. But if we can only use the UTM then I'm not. And how does one really notice if the creator of the terrain simply didnt build the "room" some place else on the map and not INSIDE the castle? Or doesnt that matter at all?

Level 19
damn this is my speciality :D
cant i use my wolfs lair on this one? xD
but we desperately need some white walls and shit and some pointy towers like in disney land xD

Level 36
And the "whatever imports you want" thing still counts? If so, hell I'm in. But if we can only use the UTM then I'm not. And how does one really notice if the creator of the terrain simply didnt build the "room" some place else on the map and not INSIDE the castle? Or doesnt that matter at all?

You can use whatever models you want. The room can be wherever, but if you make it actually in the castle, that would be totally awesome.

@Corexx: Well I'd rather you didn't use the hi-res stuff, but you can. I'd like it if you used other models though simply because there isn't really a lot to build with in the hi-res pack and I feel like if people used it they would just use a premade building. I hope you won't.

Level 21
I'm going to work my ass off just to be better then Raid1000 :D
It's going to be more Epic then Disneyland :))))

sorry guys but I've already won this contest
maximum epicness achieved

here,
here,
and here.
beats disneyland.

In chronological order:
#1 - the amazing "DREAM CASTLE", surrounded by its incredible defence
#2 - the "DREAM CASTLE"'s main hall
#3 - the entrance of the "DREAM CASTLE"

Level 10

here,
here,
and here.
beats disneyland.

In chronological order:
Lulz, everyone knows DISNEY has a moat full of alligators. 7.6/10000

here,
here,
and here.
beats disneyland.

In chronological order:

Nice Belgarath, you just need a spam of footman and the castle will be completed :)

I wont post mine terrain....i dont want any stealing -.O
(When Radi1000 posts it, then i will post mine :D )

Level 19
Nice Belgarath, you just need a spam of footman and the castle will be completed :)

I wont post mine terrain....i dont want any stealing -.O
(When Radi1000 posts it, then i will post mine :D )

what if i pm void my work?
you wont post your work at all? :p

@Belgarath just smooth that ground a little and your ready to go xP

Level 10
Yeah im gonna sit this one out too. I would rather take the time to improve on the castle i already made.

Here is some screenshot of my RPG castle. Its not Disneyland its suppose to be a midevil one.

Maybe this isnt a good place to post i just thought it be ok scince were on the subject. :wink:

Attachments

• castle1.JPG
    castle1.JPG
    113.5 KB · Views: 305
  • castle2.JPG
    castle2.JPG
    172.7 KB · Views: 215
  • castle3.JPG
    castle3.JPG
    137.5 KB · Views: 267
  • CastleInterior.JPG
    CastleInterior.JPG
    140 KB · Views: 238
I'm not saying it sucks for a playable terrain. It sucks because there is only Wall,Wall,Wall,Wall and roof, End of map, background sucks, it's just a normal terrain for playing, it ain't half as good as how he can make good terrain. The point of all this is that he can make a way better terrain, this terrain sucks as an art, not as a playable terrain. Got it?

Level 36
I'm not saying it sucks for a playable terrain. It sucks because there is only Wall,Wall,Wall,Wall and roof, End of map, background sucks, it's just a normal terrain for playing, it ain't half as good as how he can make good terrain. The point of all this is that he can make a way better terrain, this terrain sucks as an art, not as a playable terrain. Got it?

I thought only women get PMS..

Level 10
Lol, i thought you where being sarcastic at first... i think this castle is best terrain i ever made.

If your talking about building a castle with rooms inside that you can walk through these doodads are by far the best i have seen anywhere. Guess its a matter of opinion.

Level 21
If that sucks balls then, jesus christ, I think that's like saying that, I don't know, your "spooky" terrain sucks balls.
You have two sets of criteria for PLAYABLE and unplayable. Unplayable will obviously contain a shitload of doodad spam, SFX, etc. Playable is judged on eye candy AND playability, while also considering that it may have a doodad limit, ie., lag limit. You missed these two by miles...
It's good in everything but the environment :/.. You should've used Ashenvale grasses, especially the dirty grass instead of the village grass.

Level 10
Its ok Oziris i know what you mean :con:

Yes the ground is kinda boring - i needed so many diffrent tiles for other areas that i couldnt use as many as i would like for grassy parts around the castle.

Status
Not open for further replies.