• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Tales of the Scarlet Crusade

What do you think of the campaign?

• 1/5 worst thing ever!

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • 2/5 meh lame campaign.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • 3/5 totally ok

Votes: 14 10.6%
  • 4/5 this is pretty good

Votes: 52 39.4%
  • 5/5 very well made

Votes: 57 43.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Aw, scarlet crusade is my favourite faction. Looking forward to relase:). And sorry, I am not competent to bring any constructive criticism:(

Level 4
Actually this have nothing to do with this campaign buut i need someones help or yours i cam to this site from an other project it was like rise of the lich king but hes in eastern plauglands maby you know that project , i remember you left a comment on the site : /

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
No, the crash is fixed but by doing so I got a minor roll back. But that's not the reason for the delay anyway. I have been watching movies for more or less 4 days straight due sickness. (no need for comments on my sickness thank you very much) I am feeling OK right now so hopefully I can get back to work tomarrow. So the demo should be out this friday then.

Sorry for all the delays, but on the good side Heinvers has jumped into action on chapter 5 already so hopefully we got some screenshots to show from there soon enough.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
bah, there's still a few things I'd like to check out and/or fix but I wont since I have delayed it far too long. I would prefer one final test run but as mentioned I wont delay it more. I'll just pray and hope that there isn't any critical bugs/glitches.

known issues

-gold gained in side maps are not added to your old gold
-a lot of icons are missing a disabled version and are completely green sometimes
-a few triggers such as DDS doesn't exist in every chapter/sidemap
-the corpses in the mine sidemap are currently bugged.

before downloading I just want to advice you to save the game once in a while in chapter 2 to avoid rage quits :p

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=t2ks7g

Level 16
bah, there's still a few things I'd like to check out and/or fix but I wont since I have delayed it far too long. I would prefer one final test run but as mentioned I wont delay it more. I'll just pray and hope that there isn't any critical bugs/glitches.

before downloading I just want to advice you to save the game once in a while in chapter 2 to avoid rage quits :p
Question, After playing through the demo once, I have to ask, Are you making your own tale or basing it off the actual story, because as an avid Loremaster, especially with the Ashbringer legacy, I see a lot of issues just in the story itself. If it's your own take on it, then by all means keep it going, but if you need someone to make sure it sticks to cannon, let me know.

As for the gameplay, This "alpha" version needs lots of fixes as you already know so I will skip the details, but I wanted to share that I could not play chapter 2, they were all neutral units to me, so I had to skip to chapter 3. I was hoping for a better "Beta" version then what I have just played. The terrain by the way was awesome, but the unit data, the models/skins/sounds are all still in alpha stage.

I await for the completion of the game in that case. This was a very poor beta imo. this was more alpha for players to begin testing on.

Pre-alpha refers to all activities performed during the software project before testing. These activities can include requirements analysis, software design, software development, and unit testing. In typical open source development, there are several types of pre-alpha versions. Milestone versions include specific sets of functions and are released as soon as the functionality is complete.
The alpha phase of the release life cycle is the first phase to begin software testing (alpha is the first letter of the Greek alphabet, used as the number 1). In this phase, developers generally test the software using white box techniques. Additional validation is then performed using black box or gray box techniques, by another testing team. Moving to black box testing inside the organization is known as alpha release.

Alpha software can be unstable and could cause crashes or data loss. External availability of alpha software is uncommon in proprietary software. However, open source software, in particular, often have publicly available alpha versions, often distributed as the raw source code of the software. The alpha phase usually ends with a feature freeze, indicating that no more features will be added to the software. At this time, the software is said to be feature complete.
Beta, named after the second letter of the Greek alphabet, is the software development phase following alpha. It generally begins when the software is feature complete. Software in the beta phase will generally have many more bugs in it than completed software, as well as speed/performance issues and may still cause crashes or data loss. The focus of beta testing is reducing impacts to users, often incorporating usability testing. The process of delivering a beta version to the users is called beta release and this is typically the first time that the software is available outside of the organization that developed it.

The users of a beta version are called beta testers. They are usually customers or prospective customers of the organization that develops the software, willing to test the software without charge, often receiving the final software free of charge or for a reduced price. Beta version software is often useful for demonstrations and previews within an organization and to prospective customers. Some developers refer to this stage as a preview, prototype, technical preview (TP), or early access. Some software is kept in perpetual beta—where new features and functionality are continually added to the software without establishing a firm "final" release.
Developers release either a closed beta or an open beta; closed beta versions are released to a restricted group of individuals for a user test by invitation, while open beta testers are from a larger group, or anyone interested. The testers report any bugs that they find, and sometimes suggest additional features they think should be available in the final version.

Open betas serve the dual purpose of demonstrating a product to potential consumers, and testing among an extremely wide user base likely to bring to light obscure errors that a much smaller testing team might not find.
A release candidate (RC) is a beta version with potential to be a final product, which is ready to release unless significant bugs emerge. In this stage of product stabilization, all product features have been designed, coded and tested through one or more beta cycles with no known showstopper-class bug. A release is called code complete when the development team agrees that no entirely new source code will be added to this release. There could still be source code changes to fix defects, changes to documentation and data files, and peripheral code for test cases or utilities. Beta testers, if privately selected, will often be credited for using the release candidate as though it were a finished product. Beta testing is conducted in a client's or customer's location and to test the software from a user's perspective.

Level 16
The chapter 2 should be unaffected by that, there's no goal with killing anything really. (or well at the last stage, but you can still complete the mission since you just gotta run past them to complete it.
I'm not sure, after the cinematic finished all the units I tried to select were neutral, so I could not control any unit in chapter 2. *Shrug*
for the story, yes it's BASED on real lore, not a copy of it.
My own take on it was the talking crystals when it should be corrupted ashbringer, or using Tirion as the high generals voice. it turned me away from interest, but I'll take a closer look at it in the end once it is finished.
As I had stated before i plan to work on a Ashbringer Campaign series anyways. You know the post I speak of.
No worries. Take your time on the campaign. lots of good movies themselves were often still good, and not based from the original timeline.
(Batman begins was a great movie imo)

I've spotted an issue Chaosy. The quest button is grayed out and no quest notifying? 0_o

Attachments

• QuestsButtonM.png
    QuestsButtonM.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 330

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
@heinvers
Not really a bug, I just didn't apply a quest. The goal of the quest is said in the cinematic. And I will apply my cinematic log system. (@spell section) So you will be able to re-read the dialog afterwards anyway.

@JCarrill0
well, there are barely any scarlet models so I need to use what I have. If you have a suggestion feel free to post them either here or in a VM/PM.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
@go'el
I use 2 of those already, I saw the priest skin somewhere but I didn't add it for some valid reason. I think it didn't work for me, but I really can't remember.

@wow models suggestions
There's not a single scarlet model on wc3underground. (at least not in the humanoid section) and I can't rip it myself since my model viewer only finds 2 scarlet models.

Level 4
i know it has nothing to do with this campaign but pls where is the rise of the lichking campaign.. and no i dont mean the alternate campaign , i mean the campaign how the lichking enters eastern plague lands and stuff ... can some one give me the link? :D thx:vw_wtf::goblin_yeah:

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
So you lost your interes ?

Chaosy just 2 posts before said:
And no, there is not. Personally I wanted to resume the project towards Christmas this year, however Heinvers is busy during that time I would be unable to keep up the quality he provided in the existing chapters.
Answered that before.

Status
Not open for further replies.