• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Tales of the Scarlet Crusade

What do you think of the campaign?

• 1/5 worst thing ever!

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • 2/5 meh lame campaign.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • 3/5 totally ok

Votes: 14 10.6%
  • 4/5 this is pretty good

Votes: 52 39.4%
  • 5/5 very well made

Votes: 57 43.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
F*ck it, after reading the description I was already planning to play this tonight. (Especially since I love the scarlet crusade!)
But then I started to realize that there's no demo yet. :ogre_icwydt:

Once it's out I'll give it a try and tell you my opinion... so better hurry up. I'm waiting. :D
This project seems to be interesting. However, you should add some game play screenshots, too.

Update

A WIP terrain from chapter 4
WIP.jpg

It's still WIP, sadly i cannot show u more for now. Still needs details though.
It's a park in a city, for those who may ask!

Level 30
It looks fine though I would suggest giving more details on the upper terrain part of the screenshot for it looks empty (I know that you'll handle this out.). It would be much suggested also if you are to add structure in there such as statues, benches and such for that's how a park looks like.

Anyway park in a medieval campaign? Does that sound too weird?

Level 28
@Heivners

Really love the big improvements from your older terrain to this one.

Only one request of mine is that You and Chaosy should provide in-game camera view screenshots so we can see it on its real action cuz the custom camera view made some of the, imo a very consistent terrain, look shit.

Love to give feedback about the gameplay but its description is very vague atm.

Anyway keep it up.

Anyway park in a medieval campaign? Does that sound too weird?

Not really.

Level 25
Well there will always be people who try to downrate things regardless of how good they actually are. You don't need a poll to see the potential of this campaign. In fact, that option shouldn't even be there :prazz:

On a lighter note, this is by far the best collection of enchanting fantasy music I've come across with so much variety and emotion in the melodies. I think a lot of the songs would go perfectly with the quality of the terrain in your campaign. If you want any of them formatted and looped as MP3s, I'd be happy to send them to you.

Level 25
Hmm... It's too flat. Kidding :prazz:

The streets and overall environment looks really nice and relaxing. The shape of the center building is also awesome, but the balcony looks like it would clip a bit with overlapping stone floors. Maybe you can get some simple custom-fit models for the curves. Even just an alternate skin with alpha in the areas you want cut could work.

FloorsCut.jpg

My favorite part is the water running through the city. It's a great way to divide the city up into districts if you guys are including market, residential and industrial-type areas.

Level 30
Agreed on what most comments says. Terrain is quite realistic and good but it is too empty and flat. I know that using the terrain tool such as Raise/Lower will ruin it but I suggest using elevated levels and ramps (try basing a little your terrain on Gaias' Retaliation's great city there, you'll know what I mean). Would also be great that if there are parts in the town that it if filled with grass, not just filled with city tiles and such. The city also needs much more structure instead of boxes, crates, trees, buildings and houses.

Possible improvements also is place mini houses around this major buildings to make some more structures seeing that we are limited on some medieval structures in here.

Overall, good luck on this!

Level 5
Fantastic as usual. I'd suggest adding more vegetation. I mean more bushes and maybe also some trees in the city, it might look greater.

I seconda that!

I think adding a small pond in that park would add a lot more variety. I'd replace the rocks with that, there's enough grey already.
And it lacks lighting effects: The alleys should be darker.

Just some friendly suggestions. Keep it up!

Level 24
Sorry for the delay. Here a WIP terrain of one of the housing areas of the city.
216209-albums7084-picture79512.png

Truly great looks a lot better than the early alpha you showed me other than what has already been said I can't think of much that would improve it other than adding some villagers since the streets look really empty.

Level 14
I agree, I think the high res models all work very well together. The hard part is getting the unit models to fit with the high res doodads. I would suggest some of 67chrome's skins, they have a higher quality feel to them. High quality doesn't have to be high poly models, the important thing is the texture in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.