• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

SuPa-'s Model Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Considering how it's around 23k polys :p

Here's my newest (WIP) creation, based off this concept

kobold.jpg

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

What are you using? This latest model is very nice in my opinion.

Level 21
Some stuff I did in 3ds Max

Rendered it in Rhino because the 3ds Max render didn't look good (I suck at rendering in it)

An armored, soft-bellied fish... thing with a weird gem-like eye

Made the front fins

It actually looks kind've like some weird seal-like creature

Last edited:

TDR

TDR

Level 18
ok, man, what you're doing is a perversion: modeling in max and import it to rihno just to render it when 3ds max has the mighty mental ray renderer on it's side.
So I'm going to show you a quick way to get the same results you like so much in max:
First of all, set the render engine to mental ray from the main rendering menu (F10) under the Assign Renderer rollout:
attachment.php

Then create a plane under your model. If you don't want the plane to be visible to the final render, right-click on it and go to its properties. From there, uncheck only "visible to camera".
Now open the material editor and assign an Ambient/Reflective Occlusion (base) shader in the diffuse slot of a material (click on the square next to the Diffuse parameter to open up the material/map browser). Then set the Self Illumination to something like 60 or above:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20974&stc=1&d=1200707245
Now select everything in your scene and assign that material to them. Now hit render and you'll get something like this:
attachment.php

There you go.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 458
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 303
  • scrab_occlusion.jpg
    scrab_occlusion.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 394
Level 21
Weird... It just randomly started working o_O. Sorry for the trouble >.<, and thanks for the help

And I know you have no interest in stealing my stuff lol

Here's a picture. How do I turn down/up the grain?

attachment.php

(I just noticed the way you, as well as a lot of people on wc3c show their images and I thought it a good idea)

Wireframe

attachment.php

Attachments

• HoverPlasmaTurretWIPSS8.jpg
    HoverPlasmaTurretWIPSS8.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 503
  • HoverPlasmaTurretWireframeSS.jpg
    HoverPlasmaTurretWireframeSS.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:

TDR

TDR

Level 18
ha! nice to see it works now.
to make it less grainy increase the samples from the ambient occlusion shader. The default is 16. I think something around 512 or 1024 would be best but the more samples, the longer the rendering time.

Status
Not open for further replies.