• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Chriz.'s Model Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Someone mentioned I was a good modeler, accidentally meaning a model I didn't actually make. But I thought I should show the few models I have actually created myself, which isn't much, as I am mostly an animator.

Dark Iron Slave

A model for a project I am currently a part of, it is a dwarven worker unit. Animated by me, textured by camel's_hump.

di.JPG
attachment.php

Chameleon

This is actually my first model I've ever made in Max. I animated it as well. And Olofmoleman skinned it.

cham.JPG
attachment.php

Cougar

This is my most recent model, camel's_hump is supposed to skin it, but he's busy (tempted to say lazy.) It is unanimated so far.

cou.JPG
attachment.php

All modeled completely from a box primitive in max, no editing from existing models.

I suppose as I make more I will update this thread with recent creations. Stay tuned.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Nice, I especially like the texture on the slave, but was the tempted to say lazy part really necessary? And its camel's_hump not Camels_hump:p
Because of that kind of attitude, it was necessary. And you know it's in good fun ^_-

Level 8
Nice chest! That's really useful, though I didn't think to use something like it until I saw it.

Skin the cougar, I really want that. ;)

By the way, is the Chameleon color-changing? I don't really have time to look at it.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Yes, the chameleon is color changing depending on team color.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

I'll upload most of my stuff in due time.

Level 32
Damn 3c

Wow, Chriz. this stuff is really, really dynamite.

Might you possibly consider uploading some of your outstanding creations (especially the Fill-Me-Up Treasure Chest) to THW? Is there some prohibition over at 3c that prevents you from doing so?

I'm sure that many more Warcraft III map makers would use your excellent models if they were more widely available, and I KNOW that The Hive's resource sections would be far, far stronger if your work was included in our archives.

Last edited:
Level 7
Actually uhh.. Pirates don't have that shit.. lol. 'Tis just in stories to add to the fantasy of "The Ghosts of Skull Island" or some shit.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

I was at a loss for the talent to model anything else : P

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

petalzz5.png

My latest. All scratch modeled and animated by myself. Uses in-game textures.

Includes Birth, Stand and Death animations. And has an assload of team color.

In-Game

ingameca5.png

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

This project inspired me.

promond5.jpg

When I finish I'll put it up here. You can use it if you wish. It has animations where the chips fall onto each other and make a pile, and it's team colored to save space.

See?

chiptv4.gif

Gif is a bit slower than the actual thing, but you get the idea.

A small model I started working on today. Someone's poker map inspired me.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

you should have done that animation with reactor for a better look.

I just read what reactor is, and played with the position one.

But how would this be applied for this kind of animation?

TDR

TDR

Level 18
I just read what reactor is, and played with the position one.

But how would this be applied for this kind of animation?

You use rigid bodies. Place all the coins one on top of each other, with a significant distance between them. Assign all your coins to a RB collection (which is found in the helpers tab, under the reactor sub-menu). Make a ground plane (which actually has to be a box, reactor does not work well with 2d things except cloth) and also assign it in the RB collection. Finally make a tube and center it to the coins, so that it will act as a wall to keep the coins from bouncing out of control and to align them nicely; also add it to the RB collection.

Go to the reactor rollout in the utilities tab from the command pannel, select the ground box and the tube and from the properties rollout check "unyielding" (that will render it immune to gravity and forces, but it will still participate in the simulation). Then check all the coins and also from the properties rollout assign them some weight (play with it until you get the best result; you can see that only after you do the simulation). Also lower down the collision tollerance. Then all you have to do is to push the "Create animation" button. If you don't get the result you want, play with the coin weight, collision tolerance and gravity. I got something like this (look at the attachment).

Of course, after the simulation runs as you wanted, you can delete the tube and the ground plane. This kind of simulation, with rigid bodies, works perfectly with wc3.

I hope this helped. If my explanation was too retarded, search for reactor tutorials on the net and consult the user reference guide about it.

Attachments

• exemplu.gif
    exemplu.gif
    252.2 KB · Views: 374

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Whenever I try to perform the simulation, I always get the same problem:

"There are no entity collections, or they are all empty."

When I try to add the meshes to an RB collection, all I can find is reactor attachToRB.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

gallowsjn8.jpg

Gallows. Made for fun, and to help out the people doing the Weekly Terrain over at Wc3c, theme is "The Hanging."

Extra shot:
ownedeb0.jpg

Level 32
  1. Really dynamite, as usual!

2. What texture(s) are used, all in-game stuff?

3. There is seems to be at least one attachment point (unless you just used a trigger to do the screen shot). are there others?

4. The platform looks pretty animated from where I sit: what's the overall file size?

5. Is the model intended to be used as a building, unit or doodad?

6. Aw fudge, I just repped you the other day for helping someone ELSE by creating some (far, far simpler) models. Don't forget: I still owe you one for this puppy.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

1. What texture(s) are used, all in-game stuff?

Yes, FireBrewmaster.blp for the rope, and supportbeam.blp for the rest.

2. There is seems to be at least one attachment point (unless you just used a trigger to do the screen shot). are there others?

No attachment points, I imported the blademaster into Max and put him in there manually [Just for the fun screenshot]. I plan to do several variations. The problem with attachment points for the noose is that it would be near impossible to make an attachment point that is compatible for the necks of all the units in Warcraft. I might have to do some tests and see what can be done.

3. The platform looks pretty animated from where I sit: what's the overall file size?

30.9 kb unanimated, but I made a version with a villager woman hanging from the noose that sways constantly in the wind. That one is about 50 kb.

See the witch here:

noosezw8.gif

Sorry, the capture got a big skippy. Nice and smooth normally.

4. Is the model intended to be used as a building, unit or doodad?

Doodad.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

acolytepromodq9.jpg

Dark Iron Acolyte.

UPDATE:

rotag6.gif

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

UPDATE:

acolytepromojr1.jpg

All from scratch.

And yes, this is an offensive caster unit.

Level 19
Looks nice, but his pecs aren't really natural looking. I know some people have them like that, but still, the rest of his cloak would be a little bit effected by the pointy shape of them. There would probably be a loose riffle of cloth going down from his nipples. They're like mountains, and mountains make the surroundings into ripples and higher little tufts. Just saying, you could fix this in the texture aswell.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

It's going to be the portrait head as well, so I just made it pretty well detailed.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Test what? War of the Three Hammers?

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Oh, then no. It will be released for public use once the project is finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.