• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

HappyCockroach's Model Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.
55007d1242872709-happycockroachs-model-gallery-sserpentlike.png

I'm making multiple types of models now...
Separated the gallery in two sections to avoid another thread creation...

Nah, I don't think so. This model is supposed to have 11 texture variations, as the Murlocs have. Also, these variations can be changed wether for the Fin or the Body, it will look alright in both ways.
Then, it is 11 x 11 variations of the whole model, meaning 121.
Did you hear that?
Combining the texture choices for this model we can have 121 different models.

You didn't understand it.
I'm gonna make a model that uses 2 textures.
I can use many sets of 2 textures, for instance:
1 - Murloc Nightcrawler
2 - Mur'gul Reaver
or maybe
1 - Mur'gul Slave
2 - Murloc
You get it?
That means that with ONE model, using one of 11 textures in one texture slot, and one more of 11 textures in the other, I can have 121 different final results. That means 121 different looking models with only 1 mesh.
You get it? xP

yeah...half of these won't look very different from the other half, which I won't use, most probably. But at least 30 may look good, and these ones I'm using.

Finished the Wrapping:
attachment.php

Lol i tried using Kimberly's Undead Murloc Skin, it looks undeadish now! =P
attachment.php

omg ima wtfhaxcreepah not kewte anymoar

Attachments

• sserpentlikeUWundead.PNG
    sserpentlikeUWundead.PNG
    35.1 KB · Views: 407
  • sserpentlikeUVW.PNG
    sserpentlikeUVW.PNG
    108.8 KB · Views: 426
Level 30
I think you should redo the body 's wrap. not the head because it looks pretty fabulous but the body. I like the huge fin on his back too. Just putting a little bit more effort in the body would improve the model as a whole a lot. I for one hate bad wraps and in most of my models, they're kinda unfindable because I hate messy wraps that hard. I put most of my time in the wraps, when I model. then mesh and then ask someone to animate it or I rig it onto blizz anims. =)

thanks =P
the murloc texture is very narrow. It hardly fits any other model.
even harder was to make the model accept both Murgul and Murloc textures. They are considerably different...
I fixed mostly what could be fixed now:

Attachments

• Alatti.PNG
    Alatti.PNG
    62.1 KB · Views: 3,173
  • AlattiBloodGill.PNG
    AlattiBloodGill.PNG
    44.8 KB · Views: 3,001
  • AlattiNightCrawler.PNG
    AlattiNightCrawler.PNG
    47.2 KB · Views: 116
  • AlattiReaver.PNG
    AlattiReaver.PNG
    52 KB · Views: 132
  • AlattiSlave.PNG
    AlattiSlave.PNG
    71.3 KB · Views: 3,060
you know you can save a lot more of space on your models if you optimize with mdlvis 1.40 and, afterwards, you squish the mdx. Here's a sample.

However, if you use this method your animations will be linearized, so a bit of quality will be lost.

Attachments

• Charmander.rar
    31.9 KB · Views: 43
Indeed. They are 150. Now that the multiplayer maps can have 8MB, for sure they will all fit in the map, no doubt about it. What I'm not sure is about finishing them before Warcraft III becomes an abandonware... 0.o

btw, I will update all of them, since I need to update the shared texture in the old ones...right now if anyone imports metapod after importing charmander and they overwrite the texture, all the models except metapod will have no eyes, kakuna and beedrill become invisile, etc... xP
When I update them, they will be all optimized. ;)

I don't think it's too much. All polies have a proper use. I won't make a shitty model for the sake of getting it low-poly.
IMO, the polycount is something to be worried about when it goes over 1000 to models like this one.

EDIT: I'm making a concept art for Fetish shaman, so I get to know it better before modelling. If I retrieve the data from my fucked up laptop, I'll make a Fetish Shaman.

Last edited:
EDIT: I'm making a concept art for Fetish shaman, so I get to know it better before modelling. If I retrieve the data from my fucked up laptop, I'll make a Fetish Shaman.

attachment.php

Damn, I used a webcam to capture this image, that's why the resolution is so lame... :con:

Attachments

• bla 001.jpg
    bla 001.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 2,456
Status
Not open for further replies.