Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Starcraft 2 MAJOR Editor Update

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Archian, Jul 15, 2020.

1. kantarion

kantarion

Resources:
    Resources:
    i cant see model files yet.Just textures. Y theres already heroblademaster war3hd sc2 one.
    But reforged texture is named heroblademaster_reforged_main_diff .....

Reforged one is white bearded too...So...

I dont know to me is more clear now. This aint porting whole wc3 to sc2 as our new homeland.

Inside old files you could find Heroes of The Storm Jaina and Dragonfly War3HD textures and models.

Now they are adding Reforged textures.

So i am sure it is another Sc2 MOD, thats all.

- However i leave an open possibility that they made again sort of handpaint pack and now they are calculating what model is better : 1.Reforged 2.War3HD new models

When they pick Reforged model, they clean it from noise, paint over a bit so model doesnt loose details and they are ready to go. Because in that way art is consistant and blends with handpaint models.

If you ask me personally= i would never use that reforged blademaster, sc2 is more fitting for wc3....no matter of polygons and such a stuff...i dont care if it has 20k polys...its ugly..thats all xD

The only way i would use it is to modify the sculpt files,and set proportions again...

2. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's a mistake. Maybe they had the Reforged idea from back then or something. The Reforged Blademaster is the SCII one.

blademasterA.png blademasterC.png Blademaste.png

On second thought... you're right:
    blademasterCd.png

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
  3. kantarion

kantarion

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ye...its a mistake,confirmed. it doesnt have Wa3R prefix like altar of storms and altar of kings.

So..its just a mod.

But what about Doodads/Outland/trees/war3hd_outland_mushroom_tree.m3

Edited.Found a right path

4. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    No, you're right. I've edited. There are three Blademaster models. Well, more with the Classic Chaos and Grom versions.

5. kantarion

kantarion

Resources:
    Resources:
    Doodads/Outland/trees/war3hd_outland_mushroom_tree.m3

thats the right path

[​IMG]

Lol theres more...Edited.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
  6. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    There is hope we might get the games together:
    outland.png

Can't see your images.

7. sonphamthe11H

sonphamthe11H

Resources:
    Resources:
    does sc2 editor support non-GUI languages like jass or lua?

8. LazZ

LazZ

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It uses a language called Galaxy.

9. kantarion

kantarion

Resources:
    Resources:
  10. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Language Overview
    Well, those are all the mushroom paths, I guess.

11. sonphamthe11H

sonphamthe11H

Resources:
    Resources:
    another question, I'm new to starcraft 2 map making, how to access the ptr? I started the editor but there's no new features

12. LazZ

LazZ

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Launch the editor after selecting this:

ptr.PNG

13. fenix140

fenix140

Resources:
    Resources:
    Edit 1:
    I was seeing the models but of course, this is m3, but its quality is like War 3, very interesting. The vertices are not so many compared to an .mdx model that they are less heavy.
    I think they are doing their best, so that the game engine works with m3 and mdl it could be feasible, it would make the cinematics viable and the community resources would not be lost.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
  14. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Yes they originally planned to remaster many Warcraft III assets for the Warcraft III mod on top of complete data to recreate most Warcraft III things. However due to a lack of resources they only remastered a very few key models, such as the primary heroes.

I think the original scope was to remaster all key faction units and some key neutral units. However for obvious reasons this was not trivial and the art team did not have the resources to make all these models and the models needed by the SC2 expansions. Like wise for the data they had to work on the campaign data and Heroes of the Storm (which was still part of SC2, not sure if this was around that time or not).

15. fenix140

fenix140

Resources:
    Resources:
    I still remember the promise of Heroes of Storm and its Map Editor. Wow that time passed, I still have the first Diablo model of this game but hey, Blizzard left that community forgotten.

16. kantarion

kantarion

Resources:
    Resources:
    Imagine Heroes of the Storm having map editor xD with all those sc2 recent features . Kek. Where would you go sc2 or hots ?

17. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Either they can make an auto .mdx/.mdl to .m3 as well as a .blp to .dds converter or they have to make the Classic Warcraft III art file extensions compatible which now they aren't from what I can see.
    No, it was a mistake from me. The blademaster that has Reforged in its name is actually the one from Reforged, as mentioned afterwards when I edited.

But yeah, about the HD versions, I guess that was the plan back then. But as you can see on some heroes, they have a star on them because they were thinking of Blizzard Allstars (like DotA Allstars) which ultimately became its own game HotStorm and left the mapping territory of SCII.
    Well, obviously HotStorm probably has more complex skill systems but it depends on how easy the editor will be to use. Currently I'm having headaches trying to make or edit one SCII spell to make it have what effects and behaviours I desire. Because otherwise, I'd had to resort to triggering like in Warcraft III and that would be more time consuming and harder to do for MUI.

18. SharSash

SharSash

Resources:
    Resources:
    These features haven't been implemented yet and you already want the removed?

Don't they thought? Sometimes i feel like the logic is the following:
    1) you didin't like reforged, we added wc3 to sc2 why don't you try it?
    2) You liked it? So why don't you try core game then?
    3) Maybe if you liked that one too why don't you consider cusomizing you visuals and giving yourself a bit of personality by purchasing somes skins and stuff?
    (yes I know it sounds like a crazy conspiracy)

19. AGD

AGD

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I'm a bit excited on what lies ahead..

20. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Some quality of life improvements needed for the SCII editor:
    -duplicating object data should create a perfect copy
    -deleting/removing such a copy should give the option for the removal of all its links, not just the object part you're currently on, e.g. ability, leaving copied actors, effects and whatnot still in their respective categories

As well as some explanations of what things are/do. I'm getting migraines from trying to figure out all the events, behaviour, effect, whatnot options, their role, connection possibilities, properties.
    There are some user made tutorials but those don't explain why that and not the other and so on.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2020