• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spells & Systems Mini-Contest #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Yeah running it through single player worked. xD.Schurke: Some problems I got killed by a group of footman lol. The hot key doesn't work. In game the spell doesn't seem to do all that much but the trigger is the most complicated thing I've ever seen lol. You have to select the target unit to see which effect worked. Maybe an special effect attachment to the arms if the arms become rooted? Same for legs and head. I can't understand anything in your code lol, add some comments inside for us that are noobs to that type of coding.

Edit: Liked your spell by the way Paladon =D

Level 12
I saw one a "Man eating plant" in the spell section but it was just a sommoned unit , i will create one with imba uber Tentrils to pull enemys insde and eat them alive :p yummy

Sorry to say, but your still going to lose points for originality.

Level 15
Thanks for the comment people! I updated my spell and made a change to suit your suggestions! I will check out the new spells soon :)
It would be great if you could give more suggestions!
PS: Actually, you don't need too many trees, the Tree Spirits leave a dead tree behind when they die.
EDIT: Comments!
Druid Escape: Improved nicely! Good job! Now there are no more shadows! And I find no bug with your spell and its MUI :)
Anicient Fury: Nicely done spell! It was a really well done ability! However, the treants should not have entangling roots, remove them when they are summoned because the entangling roots have no cooldown :(
Purge of Nature: Nice! It looks good and I see that it removes blight now! A simple suggestion, make the thing remove blight slowly instead of when it dies. Also, maybe increase the chance to summon a treant if the thing is near blight :)
Astral Enchantment: Good spell and it looks good! Haven't checked the code but good job! However, the spell is not MUI and you might lose some points for that! Overall, its good but the tooltip could be better :p.
Rooting: The hotkey doesn't work but the visual effects are better now :). However, instead of summoning a treant, why not make the roots grow outwards and entangle units or something?
Forest Spirits: A really good spell but unfortunately, it is not MUI. Also, I could hear a priest die when the spell was over, replace the priest model with say, a sentry ward? Also, instead of removing the priest thing (I haven't checked the code but I believe thats what you did), add an expiration timer, its like a summon timer, its under units. Then, the lightning effects are harder to make MUI (maybe impossible if you want your spell to look really good) so I suggest removing them for now until you can find a way to make it MUI. Other than that, good job :)

PS: Please do try and make a refresh key (ESC is good) to refresh spells, mana and health.

Attachments

• Spells&Systems Mini-Contest #16- Rejuvenation Dust.w3x
    37.4 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Level 6
Rejuvenation Dust is very creative. Pretty special effects (what I liked most). I like how u can trap enemies in the trees =D. Sure its MUI though? Uses a global "temppoint". If you use that you should set the array the temppoint[player number of triggering unit] to at least make it MPI. I'd suggest making it a local though.
  • Custom script: local location temppoint = GetSpellTargetLoc()
Just set that in each of the three triggers. Or
  • Custom script: local location array temppoint
Edit: Entangling roots in Ancient's Fury has 15 second cooldown. Only be able to use it twice after level 2.

Level 15
Actually, it is MUI. TempPoint is destroyed at the end of the trigger, so it will not clash with the other triggers and thus it is MUI. Usually things become not MUI when the spell takes some time/contains wait actions in the trigger. In this case, my spell does not have waits or periodic events connected to the spell casting itself.
Anyway, I guess I must have seen it incorrectly when I said that the entangling roots have no cooldown.

Level 6
Astral Enchantment: Pretty sweet =D. Seems like it should be an ultimate since it would be pretty powerful. The armor increase/decrease is bugged. At level 3 it should increase/descrease armor by 6 per second. The first second it increases by 4 then by 2 every second after. Yea I think its MUI since there are no wait actions.

Zack1996 sorry bout that. I see globals I think non MUI lol. Only took a quick look at your triggers.

Level 23
Sweet, all of the spell seems great, and we have a larger list than usual of contestants :). I'll probably start to do something today, or tomorrow, after my hand-in schoolwork.

Hmm, anyone have comments on a spell that launches trees? [Idea]

It could work but it might look corny in wc3. But if you like to try :]

Level 16
Yeah running it through single player worked. xD.Schurke: Some problems I got killed by a group of footman lol. The hot key doesn't work. In game the spell doesn't seem to do all that much but the trigger is the most complicated thing I've ever seen lol. You have to select the target unit to see which effect worked. Maybe an special effect attachment to the arms if the arms become rooted? Same for legs and head. I can't understand anything in your code lol, add some comments inside for us that are noobs to that type of coding.

ok i will upload a new version with comments ;O, hotkey should work hmm, the effects also will be redone ... hate effects!! :p

Level 15
According to my Man Eating Plant Spell
I made some little tests of fomulars and tested how it would look ingame
The Tendrils will be done this way , the Plant was just for a Test
Cant wait to see it later in movement grapping enemys and pulling them inside

I already see the whole code infront of my eye , just gotta start :wink:
It will contail a general System which allows to attach Tendrils of each kind to any units and the Spell itself
Damn , Mapping is fun

tendrilse0.jpg

Level 16
so I reworked my spell, added some more effects to show if the target won't deal damage anymore or can't cast spells, also I added some description to my code for those who want to learn etc. ;) also added a new effect when the unit dies. There won't be a treant but all nearby enemies will be rooted :D

Edit: @-JonNy: hope you make it, looks realy nice the idea :D.
Also all other spells look realy good, later i will give some better comments ;)

Last edited:
Level 12
The armor increase/decrease is bugged. At level 3 it should increase/descrease armor by 6 per second. The first second it increases by 4 then by 2 every second after.

Actually I changed it to a constant 2 on purpose, I guess I just forgot to change the tooltip. Making 45 levels of Inner Fire in object editor was not on my list of things that are worth it to do. =P

Yea I think its MUI since there are no wait actions.

Actually I just realized it's not because of the global AECaster. The effects check the level of ability for the caster so if 2 heros cast it at once the effects will be based on the second casting hero. Oh noes. Trying to find a way around this. >_<

Level 9
There, i think its the final version of my spell, as i dont plan to add any healing effects/anything.
Mainly fixed the visual side of the spell, but there are other improvements as well.

@Staber
Just add
  • Custom script: local unit udg_AECaster
At the beggining of your trigger. It should work if the global isn't used in any other trigger :eek:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.