• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell Request Thread [unofficial]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hmmm.....

Hmmm.....

You mean like just flat-out making a for-loop with just (Triggering Unit) ???

I s'pose that'd work, because when it converts to JASS it should be like a local....

But that'd be incorporating some JASS knowledge there you cheater :)

Level 3
OK guys a request for you all...

I'm current working on a TD right now, and I need a spell in MUI, which brings me to this thread. I guess this will be quite easy for you JASSers, but I'm noob in JASS... :sad:

This is a tower ability.

Ability: Teleport
Description: When casted, the target unit will be teleported back to it's starting point. <> seconds delay before being teleported.

Additional notes: This is not a channeling ability. And I want to add some special effects to the unit when it was targeted.

Level 40
You can do it easily in GUI with MUI. (uses global unit TargUnit)

• This Is My Trigger
    • Events
      • Unit - A Unit Starts the Effect of an Ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability Being Cast) Equal to Teleport
    • Actions
      • Custom script: local unit udg_TargUnit = GetSpellTargetUnit()
      • Wait (X) Seconds
      • -------- Move TargUnit back to their starting position, which should be stored on them somehow --------

Level 3

• This Is My Trigger
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Wait (X) Seconds
      • -------- Move TargUnit back to their starting position, which should be stored on them somehow --------

Can you explain in more detail please? Because I'm a noob in JASS... And please post the full trigger in JASS please as stated in the first page of the thread.

And, forgive me for my noobness, but how can you store a local unit in a global variable??? Or can you?

Level 12

• This Is My Trigger
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Wait (X) Seconds

Uhhh... that kind of doesn't really work for GUI

Or rather doesn't give much of an explanation ><

I know how to do a simple teleportation, but this is map specific to particular units/points

If you'd like, you could send me the map and I could add a little code with some instructions, at the moment I am feeling retarded and cannot write code without the WE open (which I don't have on this computer that has internet)

Level 29
Hmmm.....

Hmmm.....

You mean like just flat-out making a for-loop with just (Triggering Unit) ???

I s'pose that'd work, because when it converts to JASS it should be like a local....

But that'd be incorporating some JASS knowledge there you cheater :)

Triggering Unit is a scope variable (in wc3 terms, it is a local to the trigger)

i need the Uther Party Arthas game attack ability.

Where players control Arthas and press attack, they swing their weapon, damaging what it hits. using the units damage

Damage cannot be detected (without some tricky ways), so if you want the real/everage damage, you will need to make in your game some way to track it (by checking for attributes + items, for example).

Level 12
Triggering Unit is a scope variable (in wc3 terms, it is a local to the trigger)

I'm not retarded

Yeah for the spell hes looking for it is all fairly simple, just make a group from coordinates in the angle he is facing (using good old arctan() ) based off of melee polar coord ( X2 = X1 + Cos(Arctan()) * 100, same for Y values)

Make the group enumerated to I guess units within 20 of the X2,Y2

Then make a little loop code to loop through the group, damaging + adding SFX

If the hero has a damage range, you do not need the exact damage, just a random number from the same range as your hero would normally have

I could write you up a little code, trust me it is far more simple than it looks as wrtiting, I might make the code, just give me some time

~Fergot, you should also put some code for the attack animation to come out nicely

Level 3
Waiting for someone to extend their helping hand to my problem... It shouldn't be to hard for you JASSers right?

Level 12
Can you explain in more detail please? Because I'm a noob in JASS... And please post the full trigger in JASS please as stated in the first page of the thread.

And, forgive me for my noobness, but how can you store a local unit in a global variable??? Or can you?

Mm about the 'storing'.
This is a bug. You declare a local variable with the same name as a global(using custom script).
This way you can make your trigger in GUI and refer to the global variable where needed. The actual bug is that wc3 engine will be referring to the local not the global so this way you get a local easily in GUI.
But it is a one per trigger bug. SO only one local GUI variable.

Level 3
Still no help... If there is no reply within a week regarding my problem I'll go ask somewhere else then... :hohum:

Level 12
ModFreak here is a rough job.
Used Local Handle Variables credits to KaTTaNa
Used JNGP( I am not sure whether it is needed, but it sure is useful). You can get it from here

Attachments

• Revert.w3x
    19.5 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Level 11
The main reason I haven't posted it yet is that I discovered the way I was reducing movement speed caused an ultra lag spike at the begening and at the end of the game. I believe the solution is to be had with a modified version of the system 'Bonus Mod' however further research is needed. Rest assured, the final piece of the puzzle is almost complete.

Level 6
-marven15 smiles when the door opened and wd40bomber7 appeared saying a great news-

P.S.
Ok anyway my PC is broke at the moment lol.! XD

Level 12
Oh, I wanted to note I may start this again, my homework flow is under control, and when I finally understand vJASS and how pro Damage Detection works, I can start coding spell maps for anybody who wants it

Even though I really didn't do much before, if anybody'd like me to do their spell, I am available

Level 24
Maybe u can make a spell for me?

I n two spells, wich i can copy easily into my map. I have no idea of jass so maybe u can do it in GUI ,too. Here is my explenation:

1. Spell: Great Hammer

It should be a knockback-skill for my mountainking wich is based on bash.
With an effect at the position of the target-unit equal to impaletargetdust, each time the unit moves back. The skill should stun for 1.5 seconds (maybe equal to the time the unit is knockbacked.
Level 1: 8% chance to cast a knockback, dealing 20 bonus damage
Level 2: 13% chance to cast a nockback, dealing 30 bonus damage
Level 3: 18% chance to cast a knockback, dealing 40 bonus damage
Level 4: 23% chance to cast a knockback, dealing 50 bonus damage

i hope it is clear so far ;)

2. Spell: Great Thunder (Ulti of my mountainking)

Should be like the ulti of rylai in dota, maybe u know it? The Mountainking causes random fissures in the area around him equal to a thunderclap-skill
channeling
over 3 seconds
Level 1: Each fissure deals 120 damage and slows movement by 10%
Level 2: Each fissure deals 180 damage and slows movement by 20%
Level 3: Each fissure deals 240 damage and slows movement by 30%

hope my grammar is okay ;)
maybe u can make these skills in a way i can modify them a bit ;)

thx!

Level 10
i need a spell that warcraft has never seen before. The spell is for my new map which im creating only problem is that it seems impossible. Can you make a building jumping skill. You know where u can scale across buildings or hold onto the edge of it. Now i was thinking you could just have a model of walls n a top(meaning its a fake building but looks real) so u can walk on a building but theres soo many things i dont understand

Level 12
Thats actually somewhat simple, uhhh.... I still need to buy yet another flashdrive (damn things are too small)

Level 17
I n two spells, wich i can copy easily into my map.
2. Spell: Great Thunder (Ulti of my mountainking)

Should be like the ulti of rylai in dota, maybe u know it? The Mountainking causes random fissures in the area around him equal to a thunderclap-skill
channeling
over 3 seconds
Level 1: Each fissure deals 120 damage and slows movement by 10%
Level 2: Each fissure deals 180 damage and slows movement by 20%
Level 3: Each fissure deals 240 damage and slows movement by 30%

thx!

That ability is quite simple, i can make it for you to lighten the load on the thread keepers(if they alow it). I've made this kind of spell before and it's quite simple. I could make the skill stun if you want to instead of slow, so that it fits a mountain king more and so that it doesnt look like some ripoff from DotA. It's up to you though:confused:

Ok for my spell request, i want an ultimate that is single target enemy hero unit with 4 levels. The spell will damage the enemy hero for 1/1,5/2/2,5 times the enemy hero's mana wasted over the last 5 seconds. Since i'm no good with JASS it would be appriciated if the skills multiplier would be easy to change(balances and stuff). The effect is instant and you could use the frost nova ability as dummy, so i can easily edit the effect too.

Oh right, it would be neat with some blue floating text over the targeted enemy unit showing how much damage is done. Make it fade over 3 seconds.

I hope that you'll be able to do this skill, cuz i really need it :xxd:

EDIT: Okay, since no-one seemed to take offense i made the second ability for palaslayer. If someone want it pm me.

Good Luck and thanks!

Last edited:
Level 12
I didn't really understand your explanation of the spell... The hero casts the spell, and is channeling? Damages the enemy unit using some magic projectile, or runs up to him and slashes?????? At least give a spell name.

Level 17
If you're talking to me(which you probably are) then i'll try to explain it more specific.

The skill is instant cast, enemy hero target, with no missile(the effect comes up instantly like frost nova). The damage also comes instantly, dealing damage equal to a special amount based on the level of the ability*the mana the enemy hero has lost during the last 5 seconds. This means that it is a little similar to the Time Lapse system in DotA, only that you'll have to check only mana used up but for all heroes on the map(which is ten players, player one and player seven is computer players an has no heroes).

The name could be Punishment, and the skill is an ultimate. It has 4 levels, which you get ever 6:th level(level 6, 12, 18 and 22.). The damage is 1/1,5/2/2,5 times mana wasted.

Note that it should be all mana wasted, both from casting spells and being mana burned or feedbacked.

Level 12
Ohhhh.... yeah that could get pretty complicated, you'd probably need to use a PUI type system to keep track of all the mana used in the past 5 seconds, and yeah this 1/1,5/2/2,5 took me a few seconds to realize, 1/1.5/2/2.5 is far clearer to me

Level 4
Need a Mortal Strike-
An attack that deals 150% of the unit's base damage.
That simple would be quite fine.

Or base damage + (str bonuses).

Status
Not open for further replies.