• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spacelords - Epic Space Strategy

Status
Not open for further replies.

TKF

TKF

Level 19
Spacelords - Epic Space Strategy - Project Terminated.

Spacelords

STARLORDS 0.24 OPEN SOURCE - CLICK HERE TO GET IT!!!

I'm to lazy to continue this and others can dl it and use it's systems.

132929-albums1931-picture15074.jpg

I'm planning to make a space map which is awesome. The combat ideas and systems can be found in HERE. The link also shows the ship classes so I won't post it here again.

132929-albums1931-picture14626.jpg

file.php

132929-albums1931-picture15492.jpg"]Alpha Testing - Combat Screenshot 3
[/IMG]

132929-albums1931-picture15922.jpg

I've made some maps in the past, like Missile War and Naval Battle, but those maps aren't completely from scratch. However I'm going to progress as a mapper and make a great space map completely from scratch which features ship customizations of your ships.

Some screenshots of the map

Here is the current ideas of the game stuff and interface. I show you what the current progress is and my ideas. You can come up with suggestions.

Planet Management system: Planet have a number of civilians which can be assigned for 2-3 roles. Max 20 pr planet.

• Economy - Increases income by 3
  • Industrial - I'm planning to redesign this role.... maybe remove it
  • Science - Increases your Research Points by 3
Economy interval: Every 10 seconds you get RP/Credits

Economy system: Ships and important structures costs maintenance points, which means you must pay periodic upkeep. You have to pay 1 pr star fighter, 3 for a star base, 5 pr battlecruiser etc...
The economy system will be using food provided / food used system. That means if you have lots of income, you will earn a lot of gold. However it's possible it get a negative income and that's very bad.

Hyperdrive system: Hyperdrive can be improved with better hyperdrives technologies during the game. At start it's very slow. Just some fine tuning is needed.
132929-albums1931-picture15318.jpg

Ship Combat system:
Energy weapons are almost complete....
Missiles in progress
Fighters in progress
Bombs coming soon
Energy Torpedoes coming soon

Fighter Combat Engine: Under development... ADDED IN PROGRESS!

Ship Design system: Custom Inventory based weapons. This system is partially finished.... However the original plan was to make a ship design workshop, but I think I'm gonna change it.

Ship Damage system: This will feature hitting enemy ships computers systems, crew, speed, weapons etc... This system is partially finished...

Ship Boarding system: N/A in beta.!

Diplomacy Management system: N/A in beta.!

Star Map: Coming soon....

Gravity: REMOVED IN PROGRESS!

Technology Tree: Work in progress... Finished some basic techs... ADDED IN PROGRESS!

Suggestions is welcome!

Last edited:
Level 3
I built a weapons system for space ships similar to bships... It worked well.

If you can make weapons actually visible, like turrets, so the ship can attack different targets with them, and the weapons can be fired upon but protected by the shield, it would make for some nice combat.

Reactions: TKF

TKF

TKF

Level 19
I have no intention of using visible weapons on the models. It would make the map way to big. My goal is to make the map less than 4mb so it can be possible to play on bnet.

Unfortunately I cannot use so much imports cuz it's easy to break the 4mb limit. Maps above this limit cannot be played on bnet.

Weapons are visible in the inventory so you can see how much ships have. Also weapons of same type stacks together unlimited. You cannot attack the weapons itself, you only damage the ship. However there's a small chance that you reduce the number of weapons by 1 everytime you hit the enemy ship.

Weapons does also have a small chance to hit the computers systems, destroy the shield generator, destroy ships sub-systems, enemy crew, hit the impulse drives and the hyper drive. Hyper drive is a critical system and if destroyed the ship causing a huge detonation. However this is based on luck.

Level 3
You know TFK, I'm seriously impressed with your map and idea. Just a question, are you doing this entire thing alone? That's impressive, I can offer a little help if you need, since I'm only an amateur. Try adding some heavy artillery or weapons, similar to those as described in Halo

TKF

TKF

Level 19
wow much response today. I'm been working little on the map this week cuz I had little time!

awsome!

one thing though. point deffence should be a passive abillity (like fire arrows)
Currently the point defense lasers fires when you fire rest of the weapons, having the same cooldown. Also the ships will be given a attack point ability where the ship weapons fire there you click if you wanna try to hit the missiles with ordinary weapons, even you only have a 25% chance to hit.

I'm considering making it kinda passive, maybe. I'll see about that. It saves lot of micromanagement when defending from missiles, but the game is meant to be micro intensive.

You know TFK, I'm seriously impressed with your map and idea. Just a question, are you doing this entire thing alone? That's impressive, I can offer a little help if you need, since I'm only an amateur. Try adding some heavy artillery or weapons, similar to those as described in Halo
The projectiles moves completely in 2d, so there's no arc for artillery ballistic. Also Heavy mounted beam weapons acts as a long range weapon in this map.

Meanwhile I've devised the way weapons should be balanced and adjusted.

Weapons have 3 configurations (Only for the energy weapons):

Heavy Mount:
50% more damage
Long range (5000)

Cannot hit fighters or missiles
Weapon space cost increased by 100%

Normal:
Can hit fighters and missiles
Normal weapon space cost
Normal Range (3200)

Only 25% chance to hit missiles or fighters when projectile hits

Point Defense:
Can hit fighters and missiles
100% chance to hit missiles or fighters when projectile hits
Weapon space cost decreased by 50%

50% less damage
Short range (1900)

Example of fusion cannon damage:
Fusion : 3-9 damage (HV)
Fusion : 2-6 damage
Fusion : 1-3 damage (PD)

By depending only on heavy mounted weapons, you have no defense against deadly missiles or fighters, but effective against ships

By depending only on point defense weapons, you have a big problem against enemy space ships, but a great defense against missiles and fighters.

By depending only on normal weapons, you are partially effective against both.

Balancing the weapon configuration selection is a part of the strategy.

More will come

Level 12
Hmm, good idea for a map, im mostly fan of this kind of games/maps.
Good luck on the project!

TKF

TKF

Level 19
I've made some progress today, but not much. I've begun on making the planet population control, made some space structures, began adding techs...

I've finally decided what I'm going to use the Unit UI for.

Attack: Shows which aiming computer technology you have.
Armor: Shows which armor technology you have.
Drive (Rank): Shows which ship speed technology you have.
Inventory: Ships the ships weapons and extra subsystems.
HP: Hull strength
MP: Energy (For shields and legendary ships abilities)
Patrol: As Normal
Move: Move left click initiates hyperdrive, right click initiates impulse engines. However the ship is unable to perform actions for 10 seconds when using hyperdrive.

132929-albums1931-picture15922.jpg

Here you see the ships UI and inventory. The weapons are located in inventory.

Level 1
Dude, this is looking awsome, I'm a big fan of your maps and cant wait for this one!

Level 3
You could make a power to <blank> ability or something,
e.g. power to weapons, power to shields, power to engines, etc.
Making that part of the ship gain power, and other parts lose power.

I am assuming you are adding ion weapons and shield bypass weapons?

I would also like to see kamikaze drones, for my sake (yes I am a kamikaze type person.) and when I say kamikaze, I don't mean these weak things with weak explosions, I mean pumped engines, and shields, no weapons, and decent boom. I am not saying they should be cheap. Also perhaps a core overload ability to provide a last second blast for dying units.

I will so be hosting this when it is released.

TKF

TKF

Level 19
Bad news: No progress for 1 week....

Sry for the delay but blizzard did fuck up everything when they released 1.24 patch. The physics engine which the map relies on is incompatible with the new 1.24 version script structure... I'm using an improved projectile engine from missile war 0.57, but missile war is unplayable for the same reason :cry:

Hopefully I can continue if blizzard revert the script structure like 1.23 standards. I'll wait until blizzard release a new patch. If they don't fix that in their new wc3 patch I need to seek help about fixing the ITS OVER 9000 compile errors....

Edit_

WAITING FOR BLIZZARD TO FIX THE 1.24 BUG

@Daveydude

Energy

Ships power level is mana. It's used for everything. So far you only use it for legendary ships super weapons abilities (heroes), doom stars planet destroyer or shields only. Engines = unit movement. The normal weapons sustain itself and missiles are consumables which must be reloaded to a dock after an intense battle.

Maybe I'm going to add a 20% energy drain when you initiate hyperspace. If you don't have sufficient energy, you cannot jump into hyperspace. It gives the defenders advantage and if someone is going to retreat and using shield technology and their shields has sucked up the ships energy reserves, they are kinda fucked

Suicide

As for the suicide part I have no plans to add your so called "suicide drones". However the ships will later have a ability to self destruct and as you get more advanced hyperdrive technologies, your core detonation gets stronger it will deal more damage to nearby units.

Bigger ship = bigger boom
Quantum detonator = 4x stronger boom

Ignore Shields

As for weapons which bypass shields, I've considered it. Maybe I'm going to add modified phasors which allows you to change it's properties to ignore the shields.

I hope blizzard does the next update very soon... I'm getting bored....

Last edited:
Level 3
Hey, so how's your progress? Any new addition or beta yet? There's still people waiting for the beta release lol XD

Level 3
For that blizzard part, can't you like delete the 1.24 patch and just use 1.23 patch? Or is it not possible? I could try sending you my own version, since I never update it.

Level 3
Damn, that's not very good news for fans of your map, any way how we can help?

TKF

TKF

Level 19
Well I resumed again, but much work remains. I'm about 1/10 finished or so. The next challenge is to add a fighter engine system (kinda like protoss carrier in sc), which I've never made before. And there is a lot of challenges ahead for me....

Level 11
Well I resumed again, but much work remains. I'm about 1/10 finished or so. The next challenge is to add a fighter engine system (kinda like protoss carrier in sc), which I've never made before. And there is a lot of challenges ahead for me....

Couldn't you just use the Locust Swarm ability? But don't give the fighters the Locust Ability (The one that makes them invincible, no collision, etc.)

TKF

TKF

Level 19
Couldn't you just use the Locust Swarm ability? But don't give the fighters the Locust Ability (The one that makes them invincible, no collision, etc.)
The problem here, is that they are standing still while attacking. I want them to move AND attack at the same time. Also turn around correctly when they are to far away from the target.

Fighters are supposed to be evasive and in movement all time, otherwise you will easily kill of fighters standing still.

Level 3
Can't you just import that animation from starcraft to the model? Maybe it would work, don't know if that's legal....

TKF

TKF

Level 19
Yeah I'm going to look at it later. Thanks :)

But since the new patch my priority list changed. I'm going to update my maps once before resuming this again. That might actually takes some time cuz I wanna implement something in Battle Tanks Insane a system while I was toying with Starlords Shield Systems, actually since Battle Tanks isn't using dummies as projectiles this is going to be different. It's just a testing system which may have to removed if it impacts gameplay to greatly...

Here are some screenshots from battle tanks insane shield system.

Pritority list now:

1. Update Battle Tanks Insane (Missile silo nerf / Shield system) (new version - fixing bugs)
  2. Update Naval Battle (I got requests so I guess I have to update this to keep them happy)
  3. Look at luckydogs fighter system
  4. Continue Starlords - FAIL!

Last edited:
Level 8
Nice.
Anyways, on the screen with the Battlecruiser and Mothership(?), the weapon projectiles are too far spread. They should be a bit more concentrated, unless the Battlecruiser is trying to hit diferent areas. Or if you added an inaccuracy thing, they need to be spread more.

Level 3
If your not working on this... do you think you will be able to get some form of working Missile War instead? That or naval battle is good.

TKF

TKF

Level 19
This project is to big for me for the current time and I released an open version in the first thread. Maybe I'll continue it later at some point, but no promises.

If your not working on this... do you think you will be able to get some form of working Missile War instead? That or naval battle is good.

I'll update naval battle in time when I get bug reports. Currently I don't play it myself and don't know of any bugs.

Also I rarely do updates.

There's a bigger problem with missile war. Since I had to hack my own protected map, there's extremely limited what I can do. I have a helper at us east which is helping we with fixing the return bug which I'm unable to fix. Also it was him which made a 1.24b working version for me. Maybe I'll get a working OS version from him which I can open in the editor, since it's easier to do it in the editor.

TKF

TKF

Level 19

Yep with some help. Latest Missile War 1.24b compatible version is here.

and this PROJECT development is TERMINATED! I tried to change the thread name, but it didn't work it seems.

TKF said:
Look at the first post. There's a link attached, so if anyone wants to continue this They're free to do so.

Atm I won't continue this.

It's not much... It's still the shit stage. Just big black space mostly.

But I leave a open version of it anyways.
STARLORDS 0.24 OPEN SOURCE - CLICK HERE TO GET IT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.