• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Space Engineers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
TheWorldIsFlat: That's basically what I meant, it's exactly the same as SC1 (maybe I will figure out how to handle the low-on-energy situation, it was pretty bad)

Achievements: That's what I meant. The problem is that every time I play a map with this system, it works the same stupid way, newbies are allowed to play only the weakest heroes, while experienced players can have overpowered heroes, and you need hundreds of games to unlock them. That is what I find very discouraging. But if it was just a graphics upgrade (like every hull type had a protoss version that you could unlock with different achievements), it could work.

Level 27
Yes, yes! Like Phoenix can be same as Viking, Scout same as Banshee, Warp Prism instead of Science vessel... well you got the point. Of course you could give players some other unlockable content that doesn't ruin the balance of newbies and experts. Like decals. Yes, you can change thm no mater what is original player's decal.

Level 12
I think 1.2 patch adds some bank security, it shouldn't be hackeable then (at least not as easily). I hope it comes out soon...
I have made quite some progress, custom ship creation is half done, now I added some simple missiles to try out space fights... I'll soon make another video and add propably publish the map on b.net.

Level 12
Well there isn't that much to test right now, there are very little game features. Still, I'll propably launch a test or two to try out the dialogs, but I think they should work this time.

EDIT: It is up as "Space Engineers II" on EU (anybody knows how to set up NA account? I think it should be possible by now), so feel free to try it out

Last edited:
Level 27
Yay! Space Engies! Now, I'm gonna post about this map on forums and hope it will become popular enough and then maybe even featured.... but maybe I should wait until you add more features....

And about NA, you should like ask someone who's already in NA to host it on NA for you. Lost of maps are done like that...

Level 12
Ok the new version is up, there isn't that much new stuff, but the device tab works (not fully, but it gives an idea on how the devices will work in full game).
Also, guided missiles can be launched with R, it's the first version that doesn't calculate with relative speed of the target, so sometimes it misses and then starts obiting around target :grin:

Level 12
As the original warcraft SE ares sadly no longer developed, I released unprotected version (in the first post) for anyone to look. It is more an engine than a game right now, so if anyone wanted to use the engine and build some game around it, go ahead (just credit me and put the name SE somewhere visible).

If someone wanted to use the physics engine only, then go ahead, but credit me and, if possible, use the starcraft version, it is much more optimized (it's like 30 lines of code alltogether :grin:)

Status
Not open for further replies.