• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft- The Future of War

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I had this awesome idea for a map, or even a series of maps. I was pondering models such as Blizzards marine and space fel Orc......and i thought "what would warcraft/Azeroth and its races be like in the future?
so heres my idea
itd be a fairly open ended strategy style map/maps
with 3-5 main factions involved
THE ALLIANCE
-humans/Night Elves/Dwarves/Gnomes/Dranei
-Main troops would be marines, all weapons would use solid projectiles
-fairly industrial, boxy style ships (Night Elf and Dranei Ships would be more graceful and ornate, with the Dranei Ships being some of the most advanced in the game, due to Dranei having a head start on the technology thing, maybe The Dranei Crystals being the original secret to Warcraft Space travel)

THE HORDE
-Orcs/Tauren/Trolls/Forsaken/Blood Elves
-Majority of troops being Orcs and Tauren, trolls would be more for scouting and covert purposes, with forsaken and Blood Elves doing the sneaky magicy stuff, and Blood Elvish techology/magic doing alot of the powering of ships etc
-mostly projectile and flame weaponry, goblin technologies would be available to the horde

THE COALITION
-Illidans forces- Blood Elves(maybe horde will lack these due to their loyalty to Kael)/ Naga/ Demons/ Broken Dranei Slaves?
-More mysterious, alot of stealth units, etc
-uses energy weapons, magic

THE SCOURGE
-Ships would be based on their Zigurat/Necropolis architecture (could get away with just using those buildings for the models of their ships)
-would rely on numbers more than anything else when it comes to ground combat
-has access to plague and gas/toxic weapons

The maps would be a mix of space combat and ground battles.

One way it could be done is like melee map, with each player building a ground or space base, depending on whether its on ground or space, then building there fleet/army to attack with

another way could be each side having a supreme commander player, while the other players fulfil different roles, with one harvesting resources/supp etc, and the others having a flagship of there own, as well as more ships allocated ti them by the supreme commander

sorta games itd be similar to would either be Homeworld, or like ground control

i reckon itd be a very different sorta concept to anything that has bin done before, and if done right, could be an excellent map/maps

Level 5
good idea...thing is whether good models are available/ whether modellers have time for me.
the only servicable ingame models for this idea i reckon are goblin models, marine, space fel orc, maybe some of the boats and the undead necropolis, as well as some human models (siege tank, gyrocopter) also, speaking of models of this site, i dont wanna create something like space command where everything uses the same model (in space command they all battlecruisers of different size and tint) i will make a start on it, using whatever i can until i can find/request some futury models for diff races

Level 5
THE ALLIANCE

hmmm...
*cough cough terrans cough*

Lol.....sorry, but ive never seen a dwarf on starcraft.
And anyways, blizz provided the basic troops already, so why not use em? and theres alot of terran models that fit whats need, not to say that the alliance will just be a copy of terrans, coz theres non starcraft models suitable aswell.

also i have decided on The Burning Legion as one of the Races, and i have completed the terran for the map, which is divided into segments for each world, with a big space area which i will add the planets to.
then i will do the races units/buildings/ships (if any1 knows of any good models for these, plz tell!) followed by the trigger work.
i also need a good idea on how the maps resource system is gunna work, i was thinking of having gold mine sorta things on the planets, and using asteroids in space for lumber.

Status
Not open for further replies.