1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Skyfire Gunship

Submitted by HerrDave
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
"I think you've been drinking too much if you say you've seen a flying ship."

Note - The propellers stutter in the model viewer, this is not the case in-game.

Changes
-Added Attack Animation
-Fixed Death Smoke
-Added Support Turrets (Asthetic)
-Added Main Cannon
-Remodeled Eagle
-Recolored Smoke
-Added Brass ring around main gun
-Smoothed Attack Animation
-Fixed Vanishing Problem

Keywords:
Skyfire, Gunship, Flying, Unit, Ship, Gun, Sky, Fire, Alliance, Battle, Barge, Eagle, Helicopter, Propeller, Warcraft, WoW, Stormwind
Contents

Skyfire Gunship (Model)

Reviews
06:23, 8th Feb 2016 MiniMage: Magical steampunk flying gun boat. Looks interesting. Approved.
  1. 06:23, 8th Feb 2016
    MiniMage: Magical steampunk flying gun boat. Looks interesting. Approved.

2. Valandil

Valandil

Resources:
    Resources:
    Omg this one is from the new Wow Lwgion Trailer _? Great work !

3. HerrDave

HerrDave

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I don't think I've seen the trailer everybody is talking about, actually. When I was told of the legion trailer I was under the impression they were conversing about the one with Gul'dan poking Illidan in his little crystal.

4. DaHomieG

DaHomieG

Resources:
    Resources:
    woah.

5/5 +rep -could use an attack animation (turrets on the sides)

5. HerrDave

HerrDave

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I thought about adding the turrets, but in practice they were too small and caused some odd texture bugger-ups in game.

*Edit for anybody who sees this.

There is a problem and I have no idea how to solve it. The skyfire gunship (when flying) de-renders itself if the camera passes its origin point by a bit, and it is more than noticeable on-screen. Any idea how to fix this?

6. Kam

Kam

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    One single cannon tower in the center would be interesting.

7. WhiteFang

WhiteFang

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is pretty damn impressive good sir.It does kinda look like the ship from the Legion Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYNCCu0y-Is&ab_channel=WorldofWarcraft

8. Warseeker

Warseeker

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Looks very amazing and wonderful @HerrDave 5/5 ! Good job

9. Spinel

Spinel

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Thx man for you did this for me :) I will tell it to comunity as soon as i will be able. Its wonderfull... masterpiece really. This is exactly what i was imagining.

10. Himperion

Himperion

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Oh my...

+Rep for awesome.

11. WhiteFang

WhiteFang

Resources:
    Resources:
    Bah,how could I forget!The fine sir needs his rep and rating.Maybe a cup o tea as well hmmmm?

Oh,and just to avoid unneeded misunderstandings,that was not aimed at you Himperion.It's just a comment in general

12. Pyraeus

Pyraeus

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The Skyfire:
    The Skyfire is one of the most powerful Alliance flying warships that was seen through the Lich King, Cataclysm, and the forgettable Mists of Pandaria expansion. In addition to its numerous cannons, it was the only gunship that is equipped with a pair of harpoon guns seized during the Northrend Campaign. The Gunship was manned by Sky Captain Swayze and when Deathwing destroyed a large unknown Horde Gunship. The crew of the Skyfire was responsible to deliver the adventures via parachute on the back of Deathwing. Tragically, both Swayze and the orc Ka'anu Reevs were thrown off Deathwing's back during this maneuver, falling hundreds of feet into the Frozen Sea. The Skyfire has had a complete overhaul since its encounter with Deathwing. It now carries as well as a battery of 18-inch smoothbore shore bombardment cannons. To date, it is considered the most powerful ship in the Alliance fleet. The Skyfire was once an instrument of peace, hoarding both Horde and Alliance adventures. But with the new Sky Admiral Rogers taking the place of Sky Captain Swayze, it has only become a beacon of war and hatred for anyone who is Horde, as the boring and uninteresting Sky Admiral is only blind by her hatred.

Difference from the Original Gunship:
    Every Alliance Gunship was two large man cannons concealed in a bunkers in the front part of each gunship. Something which this Skyfire is missing and lacks, but since it's a warcraft 3 rendition and no missile is really made for this. This model is perfectly fine. However, it does not feature the harpoon guns and the additional powerful cannons the Skyfire had received. Therefor, this looks more then an ordinary Alliance Gunship, but should still be considered as one of the most unique models, as Herr Dave did a splendid job and brought us something really new and exciting to enjoy.

P.S:
    This is not the gunship from the trailer, as you can see from the description above. No Harpoon guns or similar cannons were on Varian's flagship, unless Blizzard again decided to alter the lore fitting to them. However, for me. This is not the Skyfire and not even close to it. Legion fans are just too hyped again for an expansion which I know is nerfed. ALSO, keep in mind the main cannons that are in a bunker are in the middle portion of the flagship, while Skyfire's is located in the front area. Yea, not the same gunship. Sorry, Legion hyped fans. <3

Skyfire's Look from Afar without the Harpoon Guns Loaded Due to the Player Being Very Far:
    http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/wow.gamepedia.com/2/25/The_Skyfire_Jade_Forest.jpg

13. stein123

stein123

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Amazing job man *-*

14. WhiteFang

WhiteFang

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thank you for clarifying

15. 7oda

7oda

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Very awesome 10/5.
    Please can you try a horde gunship?

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  16. HerrDave

HerrDave

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Oh pissing blimey, I was under the impression that the alliance had but one sky ship.

When I made the model, I had not seen or heard anything about legion beyond the first mini-trailer that was released. Here is the picture I worked with during the development.

[​IMG]

When it came to the attack animation, I looked at other flying units and couldn't find anything that would look right on the Skyfire. I toyed with the idea of adding a cannon/grand bombard in the mouth of the eagle, but I couldn't make it look good without tilting the head back so far it looked almost straight up.
    However, after those attempts went up in flames, I settled on no attack animation for now.

I also tried adding the little cannons on the sides as displayed in the picture above, but they turned out too small and I couldn't make them fire at a specific target without clipping from the particles or making it look dreadful, really :(

I will add the bunker things on either side of the deck, but I don't think I can get them to fire properly. So I will toy with the cannon in the front idea once again.

Sorry about the disappointment, I'll get to work on it as soon as I can.

17. KILLCIDE

KILLCIDE

Administrator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This model looks fantastic, HerrDave. How can you say that?!

18. Himperion

Himperion

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Why not use the typical "star" effect from the Siege engine and a smoke particle from the rifleman is thinner enough to no overlay with the other cannons.

Or take some liberties, put two cannons on every side and call it a day. I don't think people will complain about the number of cannons compared to the wow model.

19. Anglo Warior

Anglo Warior

Resources:
    Resources:
    You could always place a howitzer just behind the eagle head and have the other cannons for show.