• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Simple Model Workshop

Level 8
Hello there!

I would like to seek a Simple request - White Death's Wolf Lord
I would like white death's wolf lord's head added with a wolf spirit Head piece on the Wolf lord's head.

WEAPON - Link - Wolf Spirit Headpiece
MODEL -Wolf Lord

And another request.
Simply replacing Wandering soul's Pikeman's pike by adding sunchip's Mithril Spear.
WEAPON - Mithril Spear
MODEL - Pikeman
I think of this as an easy request. Well not being proud and all but I'll take one of your requests. Just name one and I'll just VM you when I'm done.

Roland

R

Roland

I think of this as an easy request. Well not being proud and all but I'll take one of your requests. Just name one and I'll just VM you when I'm done.

Name one? Well, I'd say this, but can you Make both models in time? make sure the wolf's helm on the wolf lord won't be stretched I spoke to WhiteDeath but this was the feedback he said.

60Slc1V.png

Oh well, I changed my mind, can you just make the Second request I made? I'll be adding you as friend to make contact to you. cause my profile options are set to private.

Roland

R

Roland

Well, Since chooeychoco can't make my Request, can someone make the Requests I made done? Please?

Level 5
hey kaizer how are u doing with the grenadier and theron models?

cuz... u kno.... i kinda need the ATM :D?

ok i got another request can u edit the model of the lich king on page 9 so that he has villagers attack animation (obviously deleting previous attack animation, not magic animation!!)...

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 8
Just an "Female Rifleman" version, please?

I need to modify the face of Jaina so that it is more like a dwarf female, and use it in on a rifleman with a female body also.

In general it takes is a Rifleman Female. But the head of Jaina (which will be placed in the rifleman), needs to be more "Female Dwarf Like" :D

Looks an images of "inspiration" for the jaina "Dwarf HEAD" just :D

https://static14.cdn.ubi.com/udev/pr...arfFemale1.jpg
https://static14.cdn.ubi.com/udev/pr...arfFemale2.jpg
https://static14.cdn.ubi.com/udev/pr...scout_book.jpg

Ps: need not be "perfect" only one resembling a "dwarf female face"

Thanks, and please? :ogre_haosis::ogre_haosis:

Level 12
Hey guys, I can't help to wonder that some people are still requesting (thought it's my fault for not saying anything)

anyway, I would like to close this workshop for now because school is a beach :grin: and I don't have time to edit models right now (I think it goes for Retera to for he's been inactive too lately)

Hope you guys would understand

I was sitting before a class checking my email and I saw the one headed version of an ogre model flitter by.

This took me 7 minutes to make using the Matrix Eater, and that's because I did it wrong and did the left head from my perspective the first time (so I made both). I wish I could teach you guys to do this on your own, so that you wouldn't wait days for me to find 7 minutes of my time to give away.

I've started work on a piece of software that I've titled the "Simple Model Workshop", which is a model editor that usually only has 3 buttons on the screen at a time. It mimicks the unit placement system of the wc3 editor to select a model, then offers Add, Remove, and Change buttons to modify the model with as simple of an interface as possible. I got lazy and have not worked on the project in several days, but is it something you guys think I should finish? Stuff like deleting an Ogre head should not be hard to learn.

Attachments

• OneHeadOgreStoneThrower2_By_Kitabatake.mdx
    124.4 KB · Views: 73
  • OneHeadOgreStoneThrower_By_Kitabatake.mdx
    125 KB · Views: 68

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Hey guys, I can't help to wonder that some people are still requesting (thought it's my fault for not saying anything)

anyway, I would like to close this workshop for now because school is a beach :grin: and I don't have time to edit models right now (I think it goes for Retera to for he's been inactive too lately)

Hope you guys would understand
Yeah, that would be good to know... We've only been wondering since Sept/Oct '13. :p

Alright, not a problem. Might want post a big NOTICE on the top of the first post so people can keep track until you reopen.

Good luck in school!

I was sitting before a class checking my email and I saw the one headed version of an ogre model flitter by.

This took me 7 minutes to make using the Matrix Eater, and that's because I did it wrong and did the left head from my perspective the first time (so I made both). I wish I could teach you guys to do this on your own, so that you wouldn't wait days for me to find 7 minutes of my time to give away.

I've started work on a piece of software that I've titled the "Simple Model Workshop", which is a model editor that usually only has 3 buttons on the screen at a time. It mimicks the unit placement system of the wc3 editor to select a model, then offers Add, Remove, and Change buttons to modify the model with as simple of an interface as possible. I got lazy and have not worked on the project in several days, but is it something you guys think I should finish? Stuff like deleting an Ogre head should not be hard to learn.
Ah man! If only my request from Oct was closer to the top. x) Well glad to see you're still around, Retera. I'm sure things are busy for you as well, so just let us know if you expect to be around or working on things.

That being said, I think what you suggest might not be a bad idea; super-simplifying the interface for those super-simple model-editing needs (deleting/adding/modifying geosets, re-assigning textures, renaming bones & such...) might just help it to beat out the competition (Oinkerwinkles, Magos, etc). But I'd hate to see you slowed down from doing the more important things/things that you love (i.e. Heaven's Fall, the MatrixEater as a whole, this Workshop :p, the Tutorials, etc). Meh?

Level 12
I need an Orc Blademaster with body and skeleton animations. When they die
and a Fel Orc Blademaster with the same things

in the case when they die instead of getting the unit model appeared a skeleton '-'
like the other units

and to withdraw the hero glow

could someone do this to me?

+REP. Thanks and credits on the map

Animations add
-Decay Bone
-Decay Flash

I might have time to do some of these, if I really try. It's no consolation to know that the backlog of requests has gotten so deep, but seeing ones like turning the fel orc blademaster into a non-hero makes me almost want to just jump at doing them, because I have a hunch that that wouldn't take more than 20 minutes. There's a little challenge because I don't think you could do it with a direct MatrixEater import, but surely it wouldn't be that hard.

I need to finish/publish the most recent version of the Matrix Eater -- it's gained some things like auto-deleting of empty geosets that really should go public (also the "show Normals" on/off switch might still not be public?).

Anyway, I wish I could do some kind of training of how to do some of these simple edits so people could learn them. I don't think they should be too awful to do.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I might have time to do some of these, if I really try. It's no consolation to know that the backlog of requests has gotten so deep, but seeing ones like turning the fel orc blademaster into a non-hero makes me almost want to just jump at doing them, because I have a hunch that that wouldn't take more than 20 minutes. There's a...
*sniff* Dang, I was worried that my request(s) might be too complex.

On that note, I see you saying the backlog is enormous... I noticed that (at least) my "Vampire Bat" model was actually finished quite satisfactorily, so you can mark me as "DONE". Perhaps there are some others you have just forgotten to update (i.e. you're more done than you thought)? :p

Retera said:
Anyway, I wish I could do some kind of training of how to do some of these simple edits so people could learn them. I don't think they should be too awful to do.
This is true, and raises a good point. Sure, you could spend your time making all these quick-n-simple edits for people (remove a head, swap a texture, etc), but some might argue your time would be better spent "teaching them how to fish" (i.e. finishing the MatrixEater which would allow them to do their own model-editing), which in turn would then give you the time to tackle the (somewhat) more advanced stuff.

Made this, now I have to go to class. Turned out to take 40 mins, not 20 -- the Matrix Eater was lacking for features. I also used WarShape and notepad. I suppose I'll have to get that fixed.

Attachments

• ChaosBladeMaster.mdx
    100.9 KB · Views: 65
  • ChaosBladeMaster_Portrait.mdx
    66 KB · Views: 61
I suppose you could say that. It still feels like I'm always busy; but, as I have time available, maybe I should actually head back to the front end of the current requests and see what I can get done.

I think if you guys don't request anything until all the current requests are finished, though, that might help with the motivation to get things done while there's only limited time to work.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
~WARNING - This Workshop is Temporarily CLOSED~

It'll be difficult to control everyone, but if you can get Zyne to post a big warning on the top of the first page to that effect, and a notice on your linked signature to that effect as well. : )

//EDIT// Well, since I managed to be on the top of the last-most page...

Hey guys, while you're busy waiting for us to have some time to do stuff for you you could try to learn how to do some model editing of your own.
I made a video or two, and also compiled some videos that I made last summer, and uploaded them. My goal is to make better tutorials for the Matrix Eater software that I wrote -- these videos are pretty basic, but I may make even more after them:

Part 0: Opening the Matrix Eater
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmGuxcdi1fU
(This one is partially meant to be a bit of a comedy against myself, because it took me 8 minutes to make the Matrix Eater work.)

Part 1: Opening files in the Matrix Eater
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxKKbvett4w&feature=youtu.be

Part 2: Basic Controls/Editing in the Matrix Eater
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uplzdfldvLg&feature=youtu.be

Part 3: Simple Combining of Models with the Import Feature
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9Uv24YIqDY&feature=youtu.be

I may edit this as I make more videos in the series! Hopefully these can get you guys on the road to being able to do what I do for yourselves, so you can even more quickly get your dream models made into realities.

Last edited:
That is the kind of thing that is probably easiest for me to do -- adding something that already exists to something else with the Matrix Eater. What do you want to add that explosion effect to? Maybe I could add a video of how to make that to my list so that people could learn how to do that type of thing.

Edit: I made an arthas that does that xplode when he dies (see attachment). You could put it on whatever you wanted to put it on.

Attachments

• ArthaswithSwordx2.mdx
    251.3 KB · Views: 63
I have to go now, but I will make the explosion not use the Arthas model. Don't use the Arthas version of the explosion model; I can make it only the explosion. I made that only as an example, I thought maybe you wanted to explosion added to something else.

Also, you guys should check out the video I just posed (it's now linked in the video list above in this thread). It's "Part 0", which talks about how to actually open and configure the matrix eater.
Also, along with the video, I posted a matrix eater update in that thread.

Level 27
Hello, i'm working in a militia elven model, using Matrix Eater to copy the captain animations in the peasant model. I need a little help with the model's hair, in several animations it goes through the chest in a very visible way in game.

The other problem is the Portrait model, i can't find a way to make the face work appropriately in the Portrait_Talk animation.

Attachments

• Militia3.mdx
    88.8 KB · Views: 74
  • HighElvenMilitia_Portrait.mdx
    32.8 KB · Views: 46
Made the Frostmourne Pedestal Explosion as its own model.

Edit: Added a picture depicting one possible solution for the militia's hair -- "Re-assign Matrix" on just the very tip of the hair could make it rest on his back, and move with his shoulders, so that the hair mesh wouldn't intersect the body.

Edit Again: If I was in your shoes and I wanted to make that head talk, I would import the high elf worker's head from the high elf worker portrait for that portrait model. That way, you add in a head that already has the mouth on a separate bone/motion node and that already has talk animations. I might do that as an example if I have more time later tonight.

attachment.php

Attachments

• BlueExplosion.mdx
    8 KB · Views: 85
  • hairedit.png
    hairedit.png
    150 KB · Views: 342
  • Militia3b.mdx
    88.8 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Level 24
Retera, i got problems with Matrix, when i open it, it shows no java, I already have Java, i installed it again, but nothing, it shows no java.

Since your back, i have a request. Can you add the Night Elf fishing hut, (the high elven farm type NE fishing hut) with NE birth, when i tried, it keeps showing the NE birth in portrait or the start of the game.

Level 12
Hello, i'm working in a militia elven model, using Matrix Eater to copy the captain animations in the peasant model. I need a little help with the model's hair, in several animations it goes through the chest in a very visible way in game.

The other problem is the Portrait model, i can't find a way to make the face work appropriately in the Portrait_Talk animation.

Hello there, there isn't anything you can do with that because the model of a portrait is entirely different because and you can't edit it into a full model

Since your back, i have a request. Can you add the Night Elf fishing hut, (the high elven farm type NE fishing hut) with NE birth, when i tried, it keeps showing the NE birth in portrait or the start of the game.

Hmmm... The birth animation doesn't really show on Magos, let me look into it for awhile

EDIT: Managed to solve the problem thanks to some hive members. here it is!

Attachments

• ElvenFishVillageBuilding2.mdx
    21 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Level 27
Thanks for the help Retera and Kaizer, the hair looks well in game with the chest bone solution. About the peasant head, i tried using the priest portrait boneset, the lips looks decent, but the rest of the face its like the the skeleton its trying to rip the model from inside ;_;. I'm going to use the Priest head and the chest from the model.

Attachments

• HighElfMilitia_Portrait.mdx
    51.7 KB · Views: 81
  • HighElfMilitia.mdx
    88.8 KB · Views: 120
Level 6
Can you add the models with no animals below them?

a Knight" that has no horse
a huntress that has no thingy
a orc drummer that has no kodo
a orc raider no wolf
Arthas no horse
Pristess no Wolf

"This apllies to all horse riders.

heres a models that i dont like to detach the mount:
Far seer""
Fel Drummer
Death knight"""

"" This dosen't apply to Thrall
""" This does not apply to Arthas

Sorry if there's a lot.

Level 10
Last edited:
Level 25
Can I request? It's just easy. I need a pandaren brewmaster with pants instead of skirts/kilts. The Keg he is holding should be on his back. You should remove the hat. and It should use a hammer and the paladin animations. And also, change the Pandaren Brewmaster texture into the Fire pandaren.

Level 8
Not entirely sure if this workshop is down or not, but it doesn't hurt to request something still.

I have a few requests, but if the workshop IS down or they can't be met, that is totally fine.

Far Seer: I'd like to have it converted to a unit. Decay animations instead of dissipate. - Completed.

Shaman: I'd like the Orc Shaman to be converted to a hero. Dissipate animations + hero glow instead of decay animations.

Raider: I'd like the raider to be removed from his "wolf" and placed on the in-game wolf model (the white wolf).

Thrall: I'd like Thrall's wolf to be converted into a white wolf.

Hopefully any (or all) of these can be met, if not then all is well. :)

Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Can I request? It's just easy. I need a pandaren brewmaster with pants instead of skirts/kilts. The Keg he is holding should be on his back. You should remove the hat. and It should use a hammer and the paladin animations. And also, change the Pandaren Brewmaster texture into the Fire pandaren.
I'm with you right up until the hammer. What in the world?