• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[RP Thread] Cries of Urnung: Book of the Bladebringer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Amnora, watching them, couldn't help but be disgusted. "You people act like the planes are some wondrous divine mystery. Each and every one of them is pure hell, even this one." She said, pausing to admire herself in the reflection of Rulaan. "That's all you need to know. The rest just overcomplicates matters."

Level 16
"The planes are a divine mystery. Each one holding dark secrets waiting to be discovered. Each one a vast black void." Leo remarked while he walked towards the books Sunrah mentioned.
"It may seem like nothing to you but I wish to know more of it. I want to know what keeps it intact, what gives it power, how it connects everything." He continued as he shuffled through the piles of books.

Level 17
"It is nothing to me because I've lived it," she replied, taking a moment to assess everything.

"Well, while you all ponder the mysteries of the universe, I'll be off. Certain mortal pleasures have not been indulged in for quite awhile, and I hear Crycons are especially gifted," she said, winking at Ekrion. "I'll be back sooner or later." She said, composing herself and sliding the glistening band from her hair, unleashing her golden locks. She shook it and made for the door.

Level 20
Meyla scowled after the Sorceress, unsure what to make of her little display.
She surveyed the room and in turn met the gaze of all those assembled, starting with Ekrion and finishing with Illios to whom she said.
"As appealing as that sounds, we really need all the help we can get.. Whatever its shape or form". She then turned to Sunrah.

"I took those texts in order to try and find a way to banish or remove the entity's touch from those afflicted. While it's an asset at times, I fear it's becoming much more of a burden... Amnora is steeped in its essence. I fear any loss of control on her part could prove fatal, to both herself and others. Please Sunrah, you must know of some way in which we can control, restrict or banish its magic from our party. I fear my - shameful - actions against Scardrake are forewarning enough. Next time we might not be so... lucky".
The last of her words was all but spat, laced with an emotional venom not often associated with any of the fey.

OOC: I was under the impression Ekrion left the room but seeing as no one else seems to be I'll just play along ..? o-o

Level 16
Ignoring Amnora, Leo continued to shuffle through the books, each holding information on different things but one particular book caught his eye. He goes over it and undoubtedly, it was about the fives planes. He proceeds to go over the book and stops at the section that talked about the lower plane.
"The lower plane... I feel as though here is the place my power came from." Leo thought as he started to read and gain knowledge on the plane.

Level 17
OOC: Drag, make something happen. This is uneventful RPing is the equivalent of small talk. :/

Level 27
Sunrah was silent for a moment.
"I am sorry Meyla...
I know a little bit about the Entity's corruption, and it doesnt quite work like that.
The corruption of the entity is like a scar on the soul. It's not a constant connection to the entity.
There are temporary solutions like what scardrake did, but..."
Sunrah fell sient again.

OOC:EDIT: SORRY guys. :S
REALLY low on time, will make proper post tomorrow!

Level 12
Arcisal found an old worn leather pouch among the pile of various items in Sunrah domain. The stone shelf which was mentioned by him, and true enough a plethora of herbs and spices both known and unknown lay in no lack for anyone to take. Placing the necessary herbs in his pouch and some unknown ones to study later on, the wood elf walked a nearby desk which lay the blueprints of both the sewers and city foundation of Roag. "These should be useful. We should take a copy." Placing them in one of the deeper compartments of the pouch, the elf returned to the group.

OOC: Just reminding everyone we still have an RP going on.

Level 27
"Just take the ones lying there. I have copies of everything stashed away in a more secure area."
Sunrah said, nodding at Arcisal.

DM: Private Message regarding lore is being sent to Gunslinger.

OOC: Sorry for that 'Awkward Silence' folks. :S
My to-do list just suddenly hit the limit for encumberance.

Level 20
Meyla recoiled as if she'd been slapped. She stumbled back several steps and placed her hands on a desk for support.
"I didn't ask for this" she said, her voice barely a whisper.
But then neither did he.
She flinched, the reality of it all hitting her hard like a storm's returning tide.
"No one deserves this. It's not power. It's not a blessing, nor a gift. I told him. I told them. But they wouldn't listen! I tried to resist. I did. I swear it! But it just keeps eating away at you. Whittling you down."
She looked up then and turned to face Sunrah, slowly. So very slowly.
She met his calm demeanour with one full of hate and despair.
"It's not a scar Sunrah. It's a parasite, and it's only getting worse!"
She raised her arms before her and watched in horror as they were engulfed in gloves of purple flame that spat and hissed, licking at the air; Stealing all the warmth and light from the great hall.
"What happens when it's finished? When my soul is bled dry? Will I die? Will it take me over entirely? Will I turn on my former allies? ...My friends!?"
She looked around the room and pointed a sheathed fist of flame at each and everyone of the present party.
Raising her voice she cried out,
"So who will die first!? What about you Illios?" she snarled turning to glare at the Sky Elf.
"Or perhaps you... Sunrah... Arcisal, Leo... Agron... Even you Ekrion... Although... You have already died once... I think perhaps it's someone else's turn", she sneered.
"But then... maybe there's yet a better solution still" she muttered and withdrew her outstretched palm - gripping her own throat - as a single tear found its way past her evil façade.

Reactions: Rui
Level 17
Amnora stopped dead in her tracks as she neared the local tavern. Bitter cold winds stung her bare, pale flesh as clouds loomed high above. Massive strokes of energy teased her every sense. She turned around and walked back to the library to watch the spectacle.

Well this should be interesting, she thought to herself. If Meyla turned on her, she could easily put her back in her place. It was that simple, Meyla had no control. She despised the blessing of the Entity and had never exercised it enough to keep control. Amnora, on the other hand, dominated the Entity's power.

Level 27
"Stop that."
Sunrah said.
His voice was like a razor, and everyone in the foom felt a slight sting in their very being.
Meyla found herself unable to move, and slowly her body turned to meet Sunrah's gaze although she did not for the love of the world wish to do so.
In his eyes was not fury, not sorrow, simply a cold and unforgiving gaze.
He opened his mouth and spoke, slowly.
"Do you think, that i asked for this?"
As he spoke, the many chains made a slight screeching noise, like an iron pillar that has been set to carry just a bit too much weight.
He said no more.

Level 20
A second tear followed the first as Meyla's eyes met Sunrah's own.
For the very first time she looked deep enough to see his pain, his life-long wound, his buried past. Here was a man who'd spent most of his life spent wrapped in chains, a prisoner by birthright and a captive by choice.
I'm sorry, I'm so, so sorry.
She convulsed, her muscles going taught.
"Shackle me" she breathed.
"Strip me of magic, ANYTHING!" she cried.
I do not wish to control it, but nor do I wish to be it's slave!
She hung her head, lowering her bloodshot eyes.
"Just make it stop. Please."

Level 17
Amnora sighed, bouncing off the wall. "Stop being so dramatic. You're actually being quite pathetic, all helpless and weak. No wonder Llwy chose to kill you," she said, her voice like ice-cold spears. "You're weak."

She cupped both of her hands before opening them as a globe of sickly purple energy orbited slowly. "This is a gift. If you harnessed it, you could outmatch any of these whelps. But you can't because the fairy doesn't want to be dominant, she wants to sit around and feel sorry for herself just like the pathetic child you coddled in the Plane," now her words were slow, like torture. She grinned, the purple ball fading into nothingness. She turned to Sunrah, her expression smug.

"Do what you will with her, she doesn't want the gift. Death is the only escape."

Level 27
"Be silent or i will personally see to it that your soul is re-located to the lower planes."
Sunrah said, his steel gaze now pointed at Amnora.
"I advice you to start respecting my accomplices, dear princess Amora."
The words were spoken in an emotionless tone, but behind what was spoken was a message dripping with acid-laced emotions.
"As for you, Meyla, it seems i will have to do Scardrake's job for him as he never got as far as to telling you this..."
The anger behind his silent facade broke through slightly as he spoke.
"You are the grand empress moron of the moronic wastes. Are you aware of that?
You want to know why you're feeling the way you are? You want to know the catalyst for all this fear and despair you feel? YOU.
YOU are bringing this upon yourself.
You arent even in the Sixth Plane anymore, the amount of influence the entity can have on you even with it's energy surging through your veins is VERY limited.
You're fooling yourself into thinking this can be blamed on something else, into thinking you are not responsible for your own actions.
That's not how it works. Unless perhaps you think the entity itself is somehow inside your head right now?
Do you think Amnora here is just a heartless husk-of-a-woman because of the entity? That it's 'not her fault'?
Snap out of it. We have a book to find, and i'm just about tired of these delays."
Sunrah turned his gaze to Illios and Leo.
"You have twenty minutes to gather what you need and get out of here.
Go wake Ekrion, too. If i know Scardrake's magic right the only rest he will actually need is just about nothing at bloody all.
If anyone isnt ready to leave by then they can formally register a complaint directly to lord Taiion himself, and then hope he wont care enough to come and hit you over the head with the blunt side of his blade for wasting his time."

Level 17
"Oh, Lower Planes? What a laugh," she said, quietly chuckling. "And, with all do respect," she said, her tone clearly disrespectful, "you're just a freak chained to a throne. You have no concept of the Entity, or its power. The only pain you feel is the pain of difference, of being a freak, eternity without liberation." Her words stung. She was quite offended by the notion of being who she is because she let it happen. She fought, she fought long and hard. She had her own ambition. Her own destiny to get out of that hell. But the loss, the greed and the power had drained everything from her. Her heart, her soul, her dreams and her memories...

... she was empty.

Level 19
Illios looked at the fight silently, watching partially amused at the maelstrom of sadness, anger and rage. To see it all explode so agressively, like fireworks, was amazing. He had only witnessed this kind of fight only.. once, twice in his life? Melodramatism, arrogance and authoritarian is an excellent combination. Though, he didn't want to risk a fight. Illios thought that if Sunrah threatened to relocate someone's soul to the Lower Planes, he wouldn't hesitate to retaliate for an insult. He coughed and opened his mouth, uttering a few words, perhaps for the first time in a while completely and utterly serious. A warning was buried in his eyes and in his tone.
''Don't continue this.''

Level 12
OOC: WHAT?!

IC: The conversation that sparked between the trio had left Arcisal, once again, dumbfounded and confused. "We should be moving." It felt awkward to say that when so much was happening.

Strapping the leather pouch across his waist and staff in hand with a small sack of supplies, the wood elf turned a heel towards Ekiron's chamber to wake him up.

Level 17
OOC: She's a bitch, ikr? :)

Amnora smiled. Something tingled in her chest. Was it her heart? She shrugged it off. She had no supplies, no provisions. "Hold on to your britches, Meyla. You can have your turn in the spotlight another time."

Level 20
Meyla flew free of her bonds in a flame of fury, her entire body erupting in violet fire. She flew straight at Sunrah pulling up before him with a newly-born grace.

"YOU KNOW WHAT?!" she screeched at him.

The flames died down giving birth to something she'd thought long dead.
A clean, strong faced Faerie with vibrant and lustrous locks of dark auburn hair, perfectly angled eyebrows and sharp ears that tucked back along her young, narrow face, all complimenting her high cheek bones and pursed lips.

She leaned forward and smiled, brightening the room far beyond its former radiance.

"You were absolutely right" she whispered before planting a delicate kiss upon his troubled brow.
"I am Valkyrie. It's time I acted like it"
She looked away, her purple eyes soaked with bottled emotion.

"Your weakness for this whelp will be your downfall, Faerie." she croaked, turning to stare at Amnora.
She smiled despite her rejuvenated face being stained with tears.
"You too, were right Amnora about all but... One thing" she darted before the sorceress and slapped her backhanded with all strength and all her hate.
"He wasn't. A whelp!! And the next time you insult his memory, it'll be the sharp end of my blade that connects with your face"

Level 17
Amnora simply ignored the gesture, turning her back on the valkyrie, her locks slapping past Meyla in a flurry of gold and white. The slap left a nasty red mark on her cheek. She acted as if the past events did not occur. "Shall we go?" She smiled, putting her hands on her carved hips.

Level 27
"Yes. You shall."
Sunrah let out a sigh and shook his head softly.
"Just give me a moment."
He turned his gaze to Amnora, and his Eyes blazed with flames of a color not possible to describe.
"If you stab anyone of our group in the back, if you betray us, turn on us, abadon us..."
His face warped into a devilish mask, his expression frozen in a mad grin.
"...I will know, my little escapee princess."
His face returned to normal. He was smiling. What feelings that were behind the smile however, was not clear.
He nodded at Meyla, acknowledging her decision.
"Now leave. We have delayed for far too long."

Level 17
Amnora looked deep into the warpborn's eyes, her scarlet lips pursed in a smug grin. "And I'm sure you will," she turned around and left. With or without them. She had her own reasons to seek out the book, to seek out more power. The wind picked up, her skirt flowing with it like crimson fire. Her gift made her immune to the cold, hot chaotic magic surged through her blood.

Level 20
Meyla's eyes - rife with pity - followed her for a few seconds before she too turned away.
She glanced up at the broken window and fixed it with a flick if her wrist, mouthing an apology at Sunrah.

She then proceeded to leave the room heading towards the living quarters.
Upon arrival to her room she admired her old face in the mirror. No longer a gaunt, shallow self-pity bourne shadow. She stood tall and proud, young and supple.
She removed her toga, elegantly draping it over a dresser chair and turned to her armour.

It was a sight. The old ceremonial breastplate was filthy, scuffed and spattered with all colours of blood and gore. It was cracked in several places, its protective enchantments failing. The bracers and boots were little better, only her pleated skirt retained some measure of its former glory, billowing in the wind. She made to shut the doors to the balcony.
She donned a measure of silk attire over her skirt, a rich, transparent forest green material.
It was rather clingly and somewhat revealing to over the obsertive but would allow an unbeatable level of dexterity, hopefully enough to warrant her need for physical protection as none. Amnora will love it she thought smiling as she turned to her hair.
She hung the back of it in her traditional ponytail but left the rest
framing each side of her face.
Nodding at herself and grabbing her sword she left the room and headed back towards the Great Hall.

She paused outside Ekrion's room for a moment, her sweet face peering in, watching Arcisal administer several medical apparatus and herbs to the giant of a man. She smiled faintly glad to be on the same side before slipping away without comment and announcing her readyness to depart.

Level 27
OOC: You've entered and left through it twice now.
Imean... REALLY folks. Wolfe figured it out, and he's been inactive for ages. :p
You can remember all the complicated lore stuff, but it has completely gone by all of you that Sunrah's sanctum has a door. *head-shake of disappoint*

Level 20
OOC: meh! :/

Meyla swept into the square at a furious pace, her skirt flitting gently in the evening breeze. She walked for the most part, resorting to flight only when a mob of the city's populace significantly hindered her progress.

No need to draw attention to myself she thought as she scoured the square for a suitable entrance to the underbelly of the sprawling metropolis. She took note of a few of the more obvious grates and grills but dismissed them almost immediatly. A group of their size and.. Variety would cause more than a stray eye or two if seen entering the sewers in the evening hours. They could ill afford to act on a plan so precarious. Still. She'd not rule them out entirely, discretion while preferable was hardly worth losing time over.
She dodged past a particuarly shifty looking Skyelf before deciding she'd risk the attention brought by flight in exchange for a more fruitful vantage point. She kicked off and beat her wings steadily, hanging about hundred feet in the air above the square, looking for the rest of her party and a suitable point of entry to the city's sewers.

OOC: or anything of general interest...

Level 12
OOC: So we're in Roag now right?

IC: Pulling out a copy of Roag's blueprints, Arcisal found the port as stated by Sunrah. Leading the party towards the area, the port, with the help of the map, was found easily.

A sea breeze trifled with his hair. "Let's get this mission going." And began to observe the surroundings for the sewer entrance.

Level 17
Amnora followed the harbour. Common sense dictated that some kind of entrance into the sewer would be near the water - where else would the waste go? She continued to follow, knowing the dirty sailors and dockworkers were watching her as she went. A woman in a thin, revealing veil walking alone on the docks - what a rare sight. She took pride, swaying her hips side to side as she walked seductively with a cruel smile.

In the distance, she saw water flowing. "Finally," she muttered under her breath.

Nyviara rested against the sewer gate uneasily.

She was waiting for them, a group of some sort. That is what the Ashlord had told her. She was a reinforcement, from this Taiion. She had been rubbing her hands together, for warmth. Or maybe out of habit? She used join her people in the field all the time, she prided herself on her ability. But now she was alone, no Marlint, no Hasura. Piverou was trapped here, and she had to get him back.

Her clothes had been dirtied by this slum these people called a city. She had done her best to clean herself off, but the dusty air would keep ruining her fine embroidery. This only irritated her. She was above this. What a stupid plan. Where was Marlint now? Where were the others? Lost? Dead? Did they even make it through?

That is why she took the task from the Ashlord. The Seed.

She clenched her fists at the thought of it.

A minute later, she tried to shrug off the emotions and started to relax, slightly. She had to be in total control. She marshaled her will, and took a graceful stance. Inner peace. Inner peace. She tried.

...But nothing would come. She was too restless, too angry. And she knew that this would hamper her decision making process. She forced the emotions down with an Iron will, but one thought kept returning to her. I haven't seen Piverou in a decade.

Level 20
With the advantage of height and a pair of wings, Meyla was quick enough to identify the alcove which housed the sewer gate. She lowered herself down over the crowd, pulling up short and wrinkling her nose in disgust. The smell almost knocking her off her feet. She appeared to be alone, as of yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.