• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[RP Thread] Cries of Urnung: Book of the Bladebringer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
A strange ripping noise fills the air. Suddenly, a purple rift opens up in the midst of nothing. Energy strikes the air around the portal, illuminated the main chamber in an ominous light. Out of it falls a petite maiden, landing on her backside. Her expression revealed exhaustion and insecurity. Questions flooded her mind as she examined her surroundings with vigilant eyes. She sat there, legs crossed, with a green fabric draped around her slender legs. The rift shut behind her, and all was normal. That is, except, her. She was far from normal. Piercing blue eyes continued to observe. Where was she? She finally came to a suitable conclusion.

"Of all the places in the world, fate brings me to a library. Joy," she said, composing herself enough to stand. She was light-headed. The trip took a lot out of her. She shook it off, fighting it with her every will. Nothing would spoil her entrance.

Level 27
"As much as i'd like to try and fake being surprised, that kind of doesnt work for me any more.
So i'm going to pretend i'm trying to pretend this is normal.
"
Scardrake said and sat down in one of the numerous armchairs inhabiting Sunrah's sanctum.
Sunrah however, didn't need to try to pretend he was surprised, although in another situation following another chain of events he might have tried to pretend he was not surprised.
"Eh..."
He took a deep breath.
"One: Who are you?
Two: Why are you in my sanctum?
Three: How did you get into my sanctum?
Four: What will it take to get you out of here so i can get some 'rest'?"

Level 16
Leo was startled by sudden flash of light, even more so when a lady in green appeared out of nowhere. Nevertheless, Leo composed himself and moved his hands to the grip of his sword and waited for the lady to speak, not knowing if the intruder was either an enemy or an ally.

EDIT:
Damn same post as with Drag.
Please disregard this until I edit it.

EDIT:
EDITED.

Level 17
"Oh hun," she said, taking her place on a chair. "There are... what? Five planes? I've passed through them all. Questions later." She had already made it seem like she owned the place, draping her legs over the arm of the chair and sliding her boots off. She gazed over to the wood elf. "Oh, how quaint. An elven butler. Water will suffice. Chilled," she turned her head to Sunrah, clearly asserting dominance over everyone else. She grinned. She had made her entrance. This place was better than the hellhole she had resided in beforehand. Strangely though, she could remember very little.

"I am Amnora Moraine. And I find chains to be quite a turn on," she smirked, her gaze devilish.

Level 12
Butler? Arcisal had heard worse from humans, magic-user or not. It's these kind of people which start wars. A mere mortal! Such arrogant creatures are man, disregarding the ancients who were before their first generations. It should be that they learn to respect those that were before them. Arcisal kept his anger in check, subduing his emotions inside him, but the seed had already been planted.

"I am not a servant of any kind. I am Arcisal, a mage, like you I believe?
Understand that among us, no one holds any superiority over anyone, with the exception of Sunrah and Scardrake. And if your arrogant cocky attitude even thinks of being higher over any of us, then feel free to leave from this place to whence you came from. We have no need for the likes of you."

Level 17
Amnora's smirk widened as her head slowly turned to the wood elf. She raised her hand, twirling it gracefully as light streams of flame begin to dance in between her fingers. She laughed, disregarding the elf yet again. "Cute," she said, turning back to the chained figure. "You would be Sunrah, yes? And the lizard over there is Scardrake. I suppose you two know where I've come from."

Level 27
Sunrah was about to say something when Scardrake raised his hand.
"I must say, it is an interesting opportunity to get a glance directly into someone's heart, Amnora.
The last time we met you were fully aware of my... extraordinary abilities. Your behaviour was... diffirent.
"
A smile that made then entirety of the group get cold chills spread on his scaly lips.

Level 19
Illios shivered as Scardrake spoke, but then proceeded to smile. This gal was quite welcome -- another arrogant and insulting person! Oh, he wondered though if she could ever top him. It would be a glorious day and interesting to actually see a fight from the perspective of a viewer instead of the perspective of a participant. Unless he would upset her. Which would also be a glorious day, though he had a feeling that he would like this woman.
For now, he just silently watched, wiped the smile off his face and instead replaced it with a classic, mocking grin. As usual.

Level 17
"Believe me, a holiday sounds wonderful but," she said, standing and slowly pacing herself around. She took pleasure knowing everyone was looking at her. She continued, "fate brought me here on a mission. How unfortunate for you all." She said with a tone full of pride. She was proud to burden other people. To make their lives a misery. She revelled in every bit of it.

Level 27
"Oh, how QUITE unfortunate."
Sunrah's voice grew deeper. A slight hint of a growl could be heard in it.
"So, would you kindly explain to us exactly what this 'mission' of yours involves?
Hopefully not a grand journey around the world to challenge the various arrogant bastards that live in it to a duel of arrogance and bastardism?
I'm quite sure you'd be just fine without our help on such a quest.
You should get going right now, last time i checked arrogant bastards weren't in short supply."

Level 20
Having gently lowered her research papers upon the provided bed, Meyla walked out to her balcony needing the fresh air. She sighed and allowed the wind to tussle her hair, whipping it round and back across her pained face. She shuddered as she caught a glimpse of herself in the glass panes; she was nothing but a shell, thin and frail even for one of her kind. Her hair was lanky and dull, her eyes bloodshot and sunken. She knew tapping into the Entity would renew her, it had done so a few times now, but she'd also begun to suspect it's use was what did this to her.

Her brooding was interrupted by a raucous from downstairs, causing her sharp ears to prick up. What is - No, it can't be!
The Faerie's mind flared, a purple glow illuminating her conscience. It was entity magic, but it wasn't hers. The entity was downstairs.

She didn't stop to think, didn't rationalize or consider caution and danger. She jumped. She spread her wings and leapt off the balcony, shooting down several floors and with nothing but a braced arm before her she dived through a window of the Library, receiving many minor cuts and probably inducing Sunrah's wrath but she didn't care. Alighting, Meyla whirled about looking for the source of the power surge, and there: Not five feet from her stood a woman she'd never think to see again, and now that she thought about it. Wasn't really sure she wanted to. "Amnora... Sunrah... It's Amnora" she choked.

Level 17
"You are clearly lacking in hospitality," she commented, picking up an orb which looked valuable and tapping on it with her nails. She heard a noise behind her, a familiar voice. She knew who it was. She knew whose power she could sense. She grinned, dropping the orb back in its place, possibly chipping it. She turned around, arms wide.

"Look children! The fairy queen has flown in from rainbow land! Isn't this day just full of bunnies and roses?" Mockingly, she set her iron gaze on Meyla. "It's been quite a while, Meyla. You're looking... well."

Level 20
Meyla froze as the stark figure turned to face her. As pale and perfect as always. Tall and imposing, arrogant and over confident. The cold hearted sorceress who'd have traded them all in for power. Still. She was a friend, of sorts. They'd been through a lot together and Meyla thought they'd all died. She found herself unable to hold a grudge and began to step towards the young woman. Before she knew it she was embracing her old 'friend' and shedding bottled tears.
"I thought you were dead. I thought you all were." she murmured in a mix of relief and fading sorrow.

Level 17
"Okay, no, no. You're getting you all over me." She said, stepping back away from her. She glared at her, her smile fading away. "Just because I stand before you, a living, breathing mortal, doesn't mean I am not dead. That place killed every last bit of us. Hope, honour, loyalty. The Entity robbed that of us." She said, her words like blades. Though they had endured a lot together, she hated Meyla. She was the lucky one. Her, and the boy. They left before it became harder, but oddly, as she tried to remember it all, she saw nothing. Like her soul, it was black. A huge, cavernous pit. Nothing. Pure abyss.

Level 20
Meyla stiffened but obliged, taking a small step back. She wiped the tears from her eyes and allowed her calm, calculation to take over. As her emotions fell behind her logical veil, she gasped.
"You reek." she started, taking yet another step back.
"The entity, I thought had its claws in me... but this?" she gestured at Amnora and backed off several more feet, fear evident in her eyes.
"It's like nothing I've ever seen, you may as well be made of its magic. What in the blazes happened to you Amnora?"
You could tear worlds asunder with that energy.

Level 27
Suddenly Amnora felt something hit the back of her head with enormous force.
She fell forward, Meyla catching her just a second before she collided with the ground.
Behind her stood Ekrion, his eyes blazing with green flame and his arm raised.
He was breathing heavily, and his hair was a wild mess.
He looked tired, but his face displayed pure anger.
"Shut up."

Level 20
Meyla gasped, struggling to hold the Sorceress' weight.
Despair and fear flooded through her for a brief second, but seeing Ekrion washed it all away. She let Amnora down gently and allowed a warm smile to form across her blotchy face.
"EKRION!" she cried out in delight, practically leaping into his arms.
"It's so good to see you!"
"But Wait. You're alive!? I saw you die... Ekrion. I saw you slip away." she questioned, concern and confusion now twisting her face in equal measure.
Is it truly you? she thought, willing him to answer, staring deep into his hard eyes.

OOC: Wolfe got NINJA'd =D

Level 19
''Hey, Ekrion. How you've been?'' he asked him with a nonchalant voice, pretending to be oblivious to the fact that he was not in the mood at all. He was a bit surprised at his current state and he was curious, but he was sure Ekrion would just explain by himself, eventually.

Level 27
OOC: That's how i roll. ;)

IC:
"How about you let him speak for himself, and stop insulting the person that saved everyone in this room's life.
Twice for the arrogant woman and Ekrion, in fact.
"
Scardrake said in a surprisingly relaxed tone.
"And besides, if i wanted to there is painfully little you could do to stop me.
People always seem to have a hard time realizing that.
"

Level 8
OOC: well I'll give it a go.

IC: Ekrion put his hand on Meylas shoulder pushing her aside gently. "Do not worry Meyla" he said. he was obviously very tired. "He is not our enemy."
though neither is he our friend. but he did not say the later.
"whatever happened to me, Scardrake... I'm sure you have an explanation for it." he said with a demanding voice.

Level 27
"And that explanation will have to wait, just like everthing else i planned.
My visit here didnt quite go down the path i wanted it to, as you can imagine, so i suggest i explain everything aswell as getting our little 'contract' finished...
Another time.
"
Scardrake stood up and put his cloack back on.
"But to not leave you completely dumbfounded, what happened in Planesedge was simply a side effect of the two of us keeping the planar balance intact.
You mind and being was severed from your body for a little while, nothing major.
How you recovered so fast though...
"
While he spoke he put his mask back on, the Dragon skull that marked him as a Dragonpriest once again adorned his head.
"...I have absolutely no idea.
The flow of magic never really was into the whole concept of following rules.
As of now, i think you will have quite enough to deal with.
You know, with the woman you just knocked over who is bound to react sometime soon, and the whole 'Finding the Book of the Bladebringer' thing.
So, i shall take my leave and let you concentrate at the matters at hand. Sounds good?
"

Level 27
"I owe you nothing, Faerie."
Scardrake said while walking towards the gate leading out to Roag.
"Besides, both of your shackles were temprary. They are long gone now."
With that he disappeared out of the gate.
Sunrah let out a heavy sigh.
"He always does that.
My best guess is that he suddenly thought of somehting important, but no matter how angry you are there's nothing you can do to prevent him from leaving."

Level 20
Meyla ignored the chained man and walked over to Ekrion,
"you know... Not that I - myself - mind but you probably shouldn't have done .. that.. " she said indicating the stricken sorceress.
Meyla mused.
"She's going to hold a grudge"
A smile formed on her lips regardless, "Perhaps you should go get some rest.. You look worse than me and you really don't want to be around when she wakes up".
With that the Faerie crept over to Amnora and placed a hand on her shoulder before giving her a good shake.

Level 8
Ekrion smiled at Meyla. "Well, I doubt she knows what hit her..." He said his smile becoming a grin. "So when I hurry out of her She'll probably never know." He laughed. "But you're right, I should go and rest."
He looked at Meyla standing there for a second.
he then smiled and turned around, walking towards his room.

Level 12
Arcisal looked at the chain of events. The newcomer certainly did get a shock from the newly resurrected Ekiron, and damn well she should have. The whole conversation, despite being intently listened at, was still boggling the poor elf's mind. Ah well. Being stuck frozen within capsules, in a temple only to find a party of queer people does have its effects.

"Now, the mission? Roag, worms, tunnels and whatnot?" the elf reminded the rest of them, trying to get back on track. Arcisal headed over to the fallen orb which Amnora so carelessly tossed as if it were a toy. It was indeed chipped. Pity. "I've no idea what any of you have been talking about and probably the same for what any of you will have to say later on." the elf said to the trio standing in the center of the room "So let's carry on with the mission, shall we?" Arcisal turned his gaze to an apparently angry Sunrah.

Turning to look at Ekiron, "Good to have you back. You look like crap though." He diverted his gaze at the faerie, "You too. That crash through the window certainly succeeded in one, grabbing our attention, and two, dramatizing the whole thing." he calmly mentioned. "Perhaps I could cover up those scratches you've got there. You'd be surprised at what a few healed wounds could do to your head."

OOC: Need more healing spells and potions.

Level 17
Amnora, though bested, was not unconscious. The dizzy spells from her trip, however, returned. She looked at Meyla, her face blank. "What did I say about touching me?" She said, brushing her off and standing up. She turned to her assailant, examining him. Flashbacks of her time in her father's empire came rushing back. Men dominating women, using violence and tactics to assume their superiority over them. She glared at him, and smiled. Payback is a bitch, she thought, before turning away. "A mission? Well that sounds rather trivial."

She turned to Meyla, her smile faded. "Just because I stand here, living and breathing, doesn't mean I'm not dead. That decade destroyed us all," she said, taking her place in the armchair, fiddling with her silken glove. "Except you," she added, a hint of resentment in her tone.

Level 20
"I understand your plight Amnora, I really do. I know was blessed to escape when I did. That you survived and are still strong after so long does nothing but impress me. . But. Don't make the mistake I did. The entity's power is not to be messed with. It's unstable, unnatural. Powerful, yes! But you can't control it like conventional magic. If anything it will slowly begin to control you. just be careful Amnora"

Level 17
She laughed, but only slightly.

"You might not have been able too, but I can control it. Even when its power tries to engulf me, I hold it back. But I tell you, to feel your fear save you, for it to rush through you and do as you wish..." she paused, taking a moment to savour her words. "... feels good."

Level 27
Sunrah was silent for a while.
"So you're 'in the team' now?"
He said directed at Amnora with a slight undertone of disgust.
"Very well then. I suppose manpower isn't something to be turned down..."
With a sigh Sunrah gestured at one of the nearby desks, upon which the notes on Roag's tunnels were lying.
"We still have to find out how exactly we're going to get in there. I dont think we ever got as far as really making a choice.
Do we go for the sewer entrance, or... No, going through the open wastes cant be a good idea.
You should get ready and start moving immediately.
Take whatever you need from the sanctuary and i'l contact you once you're in."

Level 17
Amnora smiled at the comment. "Believe me, you all need me." She said, looking at the notes. She studied them carefully. "I'd vote for the wastes, honestly. Giant worms sound more appealing than prancing about in, ugh, barbarian waste."

Level 17
She turned to the others. "Your lack of faith is disturbing. I would question your skills as a leader but, very well, let me find some suitable footwear in this little shack of yours." She said as she began riffling as if it were her own home.

Level 27
"Go ahead."
Sunrah said. The sphere she had recently dropped on the floor started hovering in the air and moved over in front of his head.
He looked at it, shook his head and mumbled something incomprehensible.
A hole opened in the floor next to his chair, and the sphere hovered into it.

Level 12
Arcisal was just browsing through Sunrah's vast collection of tomes. A plethora of forgotten knowledge and ancient tongue lay untouched for centuries! A vault of, almost sacred, treasure, all for us to use and to gain. Gripped in a particularly interesting tome concerning Arcisal's field of specialty, healing, the wood elf numbed out any sound from the surroundings as the text enthralled his gaze and interests.

By pure accident, the wood elf looked up after what seemed to be a pretty long time from analyzing the tome. After the mention of carrying on the mission, it seemed that had snapped him out of the trance. Closing the dusty load and placing it carefully upon the mass of other books stacked up carelessly on the stone cold floor.

"Well. We should be going. Mind if I pinch a tome of yours Sunrah?" said the elf with a small smirk on his face. His hunger for knowledge seeming to grow steadily every moment his eyes aren't glued to the pages. "Would certainly be very helpful. You don't happen to have a set of herbs, now do you?

Level 17
She slid on some boots which fit perfectly. She smiled, adoring them. The sorceress looked up and watched the spectacle. She held her hands out as shadows began to muster between her hands before dissipating, leaving Rulaan behind. The runes upon her staff glowed dimly, sensing the magical presence all around it. The stone cobra upon its head stared menacingly at Sunrah.

"Well, I'm ready."

Level 16
"So we use the sewers as a form of entry?" Leo asked as he walked over to the piles of books.
"And if you don't mind, might I ask if you have any books on the different planes? I wish to learn more about them." He continued as he faced Sunrah.

OOC:
Doin' some lore research.

Level 27
"Feel free to take whatever you need Arcisal.
You should take that one over there on the stone shelf with you too.
It contains a list of more than a thousand rare herbs."
Sunrah said, acknowledging Arcisal's request with a nod.
"And feel free to do the same Leo.
Just take one of the books from the huge pile on the table over there.
They're all diffirent collections of planar knowledge which i use to... Ehm, planar magic."

Level 19
Illios looked at Arcisal and proceeded to walk to silently to the pile of books, carefully examining a couple of books. He then started skimming through the contents, judging which he would take. It would be a pain to carry all those books, so he could only pick one. Ultimately, he picked a book which was rather thick and full with information about other planes. It had been a long time since he had properly read a book, but he had always liked it.

Status
Not open for further replies.