• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The New God Roleplay RP Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Uthun watched cautiously as the two conversed. Being one of the older Immortals in the group, he preferred to stand back when diplomacy was being discussed. Since he didn't know either of the Immortals very well, he wasn't sure what'd he if the discourse came to blows. He frowned and relaxed a little.

Level 13
OOC:Then time to put down old yeller....

As Dredmor bowed in gratitude he started to walk in raising two fingers and make a hand gesture to the other immortals to enter "My acquaintances come we must get down to business!"

Level 13
Dredmor responded "Take a leep of faith I will explain all inside if you cannot trust me then we will already have lost to the coming storm."

Level 9
Uthun shook his head disapprovingly at her remark, but followed after her. "A strange reunion we seem to have, Yaerstra." Looking about, he looked over at Jabor. "When this confrontation is over, I wish to make a request of you, friend Jabor of the Skathr."

Level 19
Sighing, Assyr silently looked around for one more time and entered the domain of Sed, walking into the temple. Looking around, Assyr observed the great architecture and inscriptions.. impressive, truly. Turning around, however, he waited impatient on the rest of the group to come along.. if they ever would.

Level 9
Uthun followed after Assyr, gazing briefly over the aging architecture of Sed's temple. "I suppose this is the sanctum. Very old, pre-dating the war definitely." He looked about himself. "I wonder why our new elven enemies would have attacked this place. This artifact doesn't seem to hold anything but religious value to the locals and this Sed type... we'd best be on our guard."

Level 9
He curled his lip into an angry snarl, baring his teeth, but eventually shrugged and kept walking. "I have no reason to respect you, beyond that which is owed to a host, youngling... and I'd like to know why your people had such genealogies stored in this temple in the first place. This temple is very much a relic, in my opinion.. it's glory has dimmed somewhat since it's original creators fell, wouldn't you say?" Without waiting for a response, he continued onwards, waving them on. "Let us finish this."

Level 19
Jabor was quiet, simply following the events with his gaze and sticking close to Ûthun and Yaerstra. He wanted to fight, not talk, but he knew this was not the time.

---

In some forsaken cave, the hooded man sat silently in the dim light from the candles lit around him. He was sitting in the middle of a septagram, and the entire cave floor was filled with occult symbols and markings. He was curious, wanting to find out what was stirring deep into the earth. Was it... no, it could not be... not him...

Level 19
Assyr growled in annoyance as he heard the conversation between Uthun and Sed. Sometimes, he wondered why nobody understood the meaning if hurrying up, but perhaps he was simply too fast-minded.. perhaps. Nonetheless, he simply wanted to finish it quickly and glared at Sed and Uthun,waiting impatiently for them to finish their 'fight'. However, he did understand the curiosity that Uthun had.. he remembered the same kind of it when he had began his journey, his never-ending journey. Ah, it was still burning like the brightest fire..

Level 19
"Lets get this over with!" Jabor said in a snarl. "Dredmor, what are your proposals? What do you think of this?" He gestured at the fallen elven army. "If you think something has to be done, lets take action!" Jabor unsheated his sword and planted it firmly in the ground. He was not going to stand idly by, he wanted to take action.

Level 13
OOC:Oh crap sorry though my post had posted but just realized the backup one day stopped it.

Dredmor soon opened 2 stone doors it lead to a dark room with a stone table in the middle. Dredmor waved his hands and a light emerald green flame appeared in the middle of the table. He soon spoke "Well my new acquaintances I wish to create a council of immortals to combat all evil and deadly outside forces of this realm. Are 1st set of business is the fireballs I believe they are heralds to are destruction does anyone know information about them?

Level 9
"I have seen them pass over the groves where I once dwelt.. Alas, I know nothing more of them, but as you can see, these elves came in their wake. My lands are no more." He shook his head sadly and leaned against a pillar encrusted with ancient runes and carvings. After repeating the statement about the loss of his forest, the feeling of loss finally hit him. For the second time, he had lost a home.

"W-what purpose would this council serve, besides to weaken these 'evil outside forces'? It sounds a lot like a strengthening tactic. How do I know you wouldn't take advantage of them to remove your own enemies?" Uthun straightened up a little bit, his eyes shrouded as he looked at his feet in sorrow.

"There were no fireballs flying here, but I saw some in the distance. This morning, I searched for possible origins. The fact that I found none leaves three options: First, the immortal did this for the first time, but i doubt that considering the size of the fireballs. Second, he is so young that he has no entry yet. Seems also rather improbable to me. And as third, and that is what I worry about: The immortal is too old to have an entry. If his decline began before my ancestors started to write the genealogies, he could have easily been ignored."
After a short pause, in which he thought about Uthuns question, he continued: "It is vital that we can trust each other in this council. We will probably fall if everyone fights alone, but we will surely fall if there is a traitor among us."

"I must decline this little getup I'm Afraid, fighting evil inst exactly my style." Yaerstra intervined. She was leaning against one of the walls, her atire now a revealing armor set and a long jagged trident, with a long flowing cloak. She smiled to jabor.

"We would do better to fight for what we need as individuals, Than battle these foolish, and 'so called threats', To be honest with you, my fellow immortals, We have bigger fish to fry than some sparkling lights in the sky." She smiled and turned, walking away to the cave mouth in a sultry manner, her burning hair crackling as she turned out of the cave mouth.

Level 9
Uthun shook his head disapprovingly, but stood up. "I.. too must agree with Yaerstra. We know nothing besides the what occurred in the aftermath of these fireballs' passage. We cannot afford to jump to conclusions, especially if this 'great evil' is indeed a reality."

He began to move, then looked at Sed. "This council is not yet a reality, Sed. Although..' here he looked back at the rest of the gathered Immortals, 'If the majority of my fellows will agree to this plan, I will remain. Otherwise, I have a long journey before me."

Level 13
As Dredmor stared at Uthun he said "Do you not realize while this council may not have the strength or the members we are here not only to fight for the realm we live in but to fight for the things we have lost. Uthun you lost your home to these people and let's say we stop them what's next?? Who will take your home from you next!! I wish to build this council not on lies not on spite and not on desertion so if you wish to leave then so be it!!!! For if we fight alone we shall fall if we fight together we shall stand." Dredmor pointed to the door it swung open waiting for anyone who wishes to leave.

Level 9
"Strong words, Dredmor. I think I'll linger to see if you can back them up with action." He walked back towards the group. "I suppose the rest of you will remain?" Uthun looked calmly over all the younger Immortals, carefully watching them.

Level 19
Jabor kept seated. He wasn't going to leave. "I, for one have faith in this... counsil. As any good warlord should know, unity is strength. I do not know what our enemy is, but I have a feeling telling me we would know soon enough." As Jabor stopped speaking, another voice, seemingly coming from every direction, intervened. "You are indeed right! This enemy is old, much older than any of you! I have come to you with a warning! Ancient powers are awakening, powers you cannot even dream of! The time of destiny is at hand, and yet only you, young ones, are the ones to see it." From the shadows, a cloaked man emerged. His clothes were worn and dirty, and he was leaning to a traveller's staff. He looked poor and ragged, but power was radiating from his presence.

Level 19
Assyr frowned and furrowed his brow as he was caught by surprise at this new guest. He looked curiously at him, observing his clothes and his staff.. seemed like the average traveller to him, yet, it was certain that this man was an Immortal, or even more. No doubt, however, that he was impressed by this man.. and slightly worried. For, if he said so, could it be true? What demons lay in the shadows, waiting for their time? He remembered reading tales of the End of the World.. ah, and it finally seemed to have a chance of reality to him.

Level 19
"Who are you! Why have you come here!" Jabor asked startled. "I am of no importance, neither is my name. I have come here simply to bring you a message. The Dark One have awakened. At this very moment, his servants are working their best to bring him back to this world. You see, you, the immortals, were never the first to walk this world, no matter what your history have told you. Ancient powers greater than all of you once walked this world and ruled it. Some of these powers still exists, and I fear that their time is about to return." The cloaked one replied calmly.

Level 13
OOC:God damn my superstitions hates me!!!

Dredmor looked at the man puzzled not by who he was but why he hadn't know about him. He asked him what his purpose was "Why do you warn us of this sir??"

Level 9
"Obviously he.. considers these ancient forces to be a considerable threat to our existence as it is now." Uthun turned to the makeshift 'council', then spoke gravely. "As I'd long ago concluded, our race was not the first to spring upon this world, old friends. Some excavation digs my master and I once coordinated at, when the empire was still so young, uncovered signs of long-ago habitation and settling, even some buildings and wargear beyond the level of some simple folk."

He looked back at the man, a friendly but curious expression on his face. "Even if your name is of no consequence, I ask it of you.. you are so familiar, sir.."

Level 19
"You take the words from my mouth, young one." The cloaked man commented calmly. "We might have met once, long ago, Uthun of the wilds. I am Karrakh, the traveller, my true name was lost long ago." He continued, then looked around in the room. "I have one final message for you. You must travel to the lost temple of Arûn Thar, find it and uncover its secrets, for only there will you find knowledge of this terrible enemy. That is all." The cloaked man lent over on his staff, looking more powerful yet less significant as his presence in the room diminished.

Level 9
"Arûn Thar... these are strange tales we receive. But I trust this Karrakh.. as I said, something about him is ever so familiar to me. Perhaps we met once long ago. But no matter, we need to establish some sort of plan. And we need to find the temple." he looked at Sed, cautiously. "Perhaps your ancestors and their documents contain some notice of Arûn Thar. Could you perhaps search through them?"

He scratched his head, then his eyes widened. "Sed, inspect your geneologies for something, anything of an Immortal called Fyne Magog. From what I know of him, he was said to have spent many years lecturing and compiling research on that long-abandoned place. Perhaps he found it, for he disappeared long before I came to the capital city from my own home."

Level 13
Dredmor looked pleased and spoke "Uthun while you look for the temple I shall prepare a defense for the coming battles. On a side note I offer any of you who are now part of this council I bring you the seal of are council." Dredmor dropped a pile of scrolls in the middle of the table each having beautiful design of a awe inspiring golden eagle perched upon a mighty steel sword. Dredmor said "These are the signs of this council I have enchanted them so you may speak to any immortal part of this council all you must do is say there name while looking at the scroll holding it up." And with that Dredmor left the meeting his final words were "Goodbye my fellow council members I will contact you at a later date for anther meeting."

Sed moistened his nose and looked thoughtful. "Arûn Thar... it is possible, but probably encrypted as a part of a legend or epic. It could take days to find any hint. But Fyne Magog sounds familiar. I think he has an entry in the genealogies. But i would appreciate if one of you would help me searching, the archives are not what you can call small."

Level 19
"I will for now return to my realm and prepare my own defenses. I will return." Jabor stated, then grabbed a scroll from the table. "I will return." He repeated, then sprouted bat wings from his back and left the room in a hurry. He took to the skies and headed north east towards his own realm.

Karrakh slowly faded into the shadows, then disappeared completely.

Level 9
"Indeed, it will be an honor to help you." With most of the Immortals returned to their own realms, Uthun looked at Assyr and Eruqc. "Feel at liberty to help, but it would be wise to look to your own affairs first, to prepare for what seems sadly like the trembles of coming war." He scooped up one of the scrolls and placed it in the pack he had over his shoulder.

"Let us begin then."

"Well then follow me please".
Sed turned around and walked out of the door and straight to the small sand-filled alley where the door to the archives was located. One small gesture and the tons of sand shifted and rose, forming a small path to the doorway. After the Jackal God and his companion stepped through, it crushed down again, but not a single grain of sand rolled into the small and empty room. Sed took a torch from a pile next to the door, spoke some words and watched how the stones of the floor began to shift, revealing a staircase into the darkness. He handed Uthun the torch and said: "Third level, west of the halls of army tactics. In the third corridor to the right should be the section of the old seeker myths. I'll first check the genealogies, then i'll come and join you." Meanwhile, he telepathically send a more exact plan of the archives with the correct path marked.
Without waiting for an answer, he transformed into a Jackal and ran down the stairs into the darkness.

Level 9
Uthun nodded in thanks, then walked slowly toward the chamber Sed had noted to him. Entering the corridor, it took him all of two four and a half minutes to cover the distance before he accessed the archives section. Looking about, he gave a cursory glance over all the old documents before him, preserved excellently. "Interesting.. many of the old tales and myths are here, even some of the newer ones from after the Downfall." He smiled gleefully when he found another manuscript about the Wild Spirit of Illien Falls. "Good to see that I too am a myth!" He chuckled, then retured to his searching. "Arun Thar.. Ah, here we go."

Level 19
Jabor was ordering his troops about. He had sent messengers all around his realm with written orders to reinforce the borders and bolster the defenses. The Black Guard was stationed where the last attack had been, and all forces were ordered to be at the ready. Jabor knew this would become a violent time, and he was determined to not let anything diminish his might. Before he returned to the counsil, he would pay Yaerstra a visit.

"Just as i expected. The entry about Fyne Magog consists of his strengths, weaknesses and the sentence that he spend his life searching for old myths." Sed seemed to shift into existence as he stepped into the small light sphere of the torch. His black eyes reflected the torchlight as if the young god was filled with burning hatred himself, his skin shone like the gold armors of his ancestors who lived and died for this place. But the image lasted only for a fraction of a second before the immortal was fully lighted and appeared plain and weak as usual. He looked at Uthun and asked: "Did you find anything useful yet?"

OOC: Its up to you, I have no idea where or what this temple should be.

Level 9
"Why yes, I suppose I just have. These carvings here definitely represent the temple, of that I'm sure." He pointed out a section on the wall, then to another. "And this here, I know to be Lac D'en More. A desolate place, very.. swampy. If I've got the quotes correctly, Magog claims to have spent much time in this area. He even built the small shanty-town they call Weevils' Den near the center of the marshes."

He scratched his head. "From what these runes are telling me.. that's where we need to go. Although the town was lost many years ago, it should still be there, if I'm correct. That would be the first step. That's as far as I can get from these, as there are apparently the last steps of the trail to the Temple from there."

He stretched out and yawned. "We're going to need some allies, and perhaps a little transportation. Lac D'en More is not exactly the safest region. Something took that village, something in that marsh."

Level 19
The sky was clear as Jabor flew towards Yaerstra's realm. He was not sure of the lady's intentions, but he had a feeling it would benefit him. He had troubles thinking clearly as a jet black arrow hit his chest. He looked down, but could not spot the shooter, then he felt his strength fading. A stinging pains spread through his body as he fell towards the ground, a thousand feet below. Seconds before he passed out, he sent a brief message to any immortal cathing it.

---

The black hooded one smiled, another mission completed and the message was delivered. No one would spoil his plans and get away with it.

Level 9
Uthun shook his head as he felt a brief jet of psychic pain.. there had been words, but they had been all but lost as the sender's power had failed somehow. He looked at Sed. "Did you feel that, Sed? It sounded like a mouth suddenly cried out in terror and was suddenly silenced. But there was something familiar in that sound..." He considered it for a moment, then his eyes widened. "We need to go! Jabor's in trouble!" Not waiting for a response, he mad his way out of the temple archives and quickly took to wing, transforming into the Wild Spirit as soon as he reached the outside.

(OOC: I made a SW reference in response to the one you made in my RP :D Also, I want to save you so I can ask Jabor for a boon.)

Level 19
Assyr, who had merely watched the whole time grumbled something and simply followed him. Blegh.. how the hell did Jabor get into trouble? Weren't immortals supposed to fend for themselves? Bah. Nonetheless, he could not fail him now, he needed help, so.. he transformed into a wolf and merely followed the call, hoping to find him quickly enough for him to return to his land again.

Level 19
Jabor woke briefly, feeling a terrible pain stinging through his limp body. He forced his eyes open for a brief moment and saw the black, foul smoke rise from his body and the black arrow protrouding from his chest. He tried to move, but the pain grew too intense and he passed out again.

---

"Ready weapons..." The order was whispered along the ranks of dark clad warriors, they drew long, curved and wicked swords and picked up their black, spiked shields. This was the night they had prepared for, the temple of Arûn Thar had to be secured that were their orders, and to find it they had to secure something else, the ruins of Chem-Nuf. Hiding in the sand, cloaked by some unknown shadow, they waited for the order to attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.