• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[RP Thread] Grey Dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
OOC : Good god, this is getting confusing. I think as what I meant in readying, Zenon probably thought was in trouble because of... voices and stuff. And goddamn did I watch too many anime :/. I'll try to be more realistic next time.

Zenon walked along the carpet, viewing the areas of the estate. Oh my god, what a beautiful house. I think I'll do mostly anything to be able to even live in this house! He thought as the voice got louder and louder, until he reached a door, the voice so damn close. "I need a pioneer, Ernis. A man who can reset the boundaries; a man who can help bring this city into a new age.” With the words he heard, he knocked on the door. I don't think Ernis is in trouble, but I don't anywhere else to go.

Level 27
At first it seemed Cepharys wasn't saying anything.
But his loud outcries had simply devolved into silent begging.
"Please... Take these things off me. I beg you, no more bindings..."
His composure had completely pulverized at the current point in time, and it was clear that he was close to tears.

Level 17
"You don't like being chained up, do you?" the ithuri observed, kneeling down to the pathetic creature. His eyes were almost pitiful. Had it been a human or another other race, it could be true pity. But this man was an ithuri, incapable of pitying anyone other than themselves. "Good news though. I have a proposition for you." His eyes faded and that unusual smile returned.

------

As Zenon intruded, he was welcomed by the sight of a white stone table mounted with golden platters of fruit and cheese. The ithuri rarely ate, sustained by the magic of their vitali. He noted the Tahijan lurking around, his prying eyes examining the contents of the room. Ernis and Imyas were standing over a balcony, watching as night settled over the bustling city.

Level 12
Dodging about wasn't going to bring them to a conclusion.

"Your replies are vague, like you are trying to slip something past me. I may be young but I am no fool." Ernis said with a grin.

"Now tell me, straight and true. What is it you want my skills for?"

Level 19
Gods. This was quite.. elaborate, he thought as he had descended down the stairs. How long had this been? How long had this stone stair been built into this buiding, this city? Had it been always so that the Archdruid resided in this cold-hearted city? Why, why, why would anybody do that? Besides that, how safe was it in here anyway? Or.. was it perhaps that before this city had been built, the Archdruid resided here? That seemed vaguely more likely, but still, this city was fairly old and was also, though closest to the wilds, also fairly far away from the dark woods that his kin called home. Had this place some special connection with the earth, something like that? Gods, questions raced through his mind, only to be answered by more questions. Gods.

As they descended and came upon the blockade, he observed it for a while, only gazing with a frown at Tiane. Gods, this woman put so much trust in him. You'd think that she would have more faith in her brother's word, he thought, but to be fair, he wasn't convinced either he was this Lifemaker they spoke of. This was a nice little determining test, he thought as his hands became fists. Gods, this would be fun, he thought to himself with sarcasm as he prepared to move this door away.

He closed his eyes and breathed in and out for a few seconds before his fists started shaking. He moved them from left, to right, to up and down, in a different pattern, but constantly repeating that difficult pattern, meanwhile trying to keep his balance, because it felt as if the world started pushing him. The trick was to push harder, his father had once told him, and by the gods he would. He wouldn't lose to a damn rock door! Gods, he would not!
Move!
And he threw his fist against the wall and the rock blockade moved with him, clearing the path for him and the others. It made its way into the walls, pushing other stone away to make place. Gods, he had done it, he thought as he observed it. Maybe he was this Lifemaker, huh.

Level 17
Gaseir wandered over to Lucio and Julianna, his boots thudding against the stony floor. "An explanation? Not much for pleasantries, are you Lucio? Well it is simple," he said, pointing to Julianna, then Lucio and then Cepharys as he said: "Dead, dead and useful." It was almost musical.

------

"A revolution. I want your skills to help me prove to the factions and the Ministry that I have the power of overthrow those pathetic Greythorns." Imyas said in a cold tone. "I need someone who can provide me with power. Non-magical power."

------

The entire passage slid into the wall. It gave Azshiir a sense of achievement. He was the Lifemaker, and as they went down the passage, deeper into the earth, they came to a circular room. Roots protruded from the soil above and erupted into lush, verdant leaves that spiraled around the room like a serpent in harmony. Blue grass flourished all around a massive stone bed where a man lay dormant.

"I present to you my husband... the Archdruid." Tiane said, serious.

Level 19
As Azshiir entered the room, a feeling of peace came upon him. He felt his muscles relax and his head clear from troubling thoughts. It was as if this room radiated peace and calm.. Gods, what kind of magic was this room enchanted with, he wondered. Or was it perhaos that the sight of a slumbering man, surrounded by vines, was something the calmed him, reassured him? He didn't know. There were only vines here and.. blue grass? How could grass be blue? What kind of grass was blue!? Gods, he didn't know and maybe he didn't want to know. On the table laid a sleeping man, as peaceful as the room. How long had he been asleep? How long had the old man's sister been watching over him? Gods, she must be lonely, he realized for the first time. Well, he wasn't wholly sure, but it seemed likely.

''So.. what now?'' he asked, after he had realized that he had no idea what was going to come next. He was perhaps a bit nervous, but he would suck it up, if that was required from him. He just didn't have a clue as to how they were going to contact a sleeping man. How? How was that even possible? By going into his mind? He didn't know and he wasn't eager to find out, but if the old man thought he, supposedly the Lifemaker, was up for this, then he would do it.

Level 20
'You must think me stupid,' sneered Lucio, eyes full of contempt.
'The very fact we're here - alive and unharmed - proves you do not merely wish us dead'
He smirked.
'At least, not yet anyway. So what do you want? Power? Money? ...Pleasure?'
His smile faltered slightly.
'No. If I had to guess, you want to use us as leverage. To scare mother into stepping down'
The Magewatcher sighed before forcing a noticeably weaker smile into his facade.
'I'm sorry to say, you may have misjudged the strength of our family ties. The city first, family second. Always'

Level 12
"You must consider me with a quiet tongue and a considerable amount of trust to be telling me this information." Ernis said in a tone that warned him to speak no more. He didn't need to. For a single stupid moment, Ernis was scarred and slightly worried. The Greythorns? This man, accept or decline his offer, would mean getting involved with him now. Foolish.

"And you were right to do so." he continued with a grin wider than before. "I've no qualms with the rulers of this city, but yes, this world needs change. Technology is in place and I believe we can usurp the iron grip magic has on all of us."

He hoped that he faked the smile well enough as Ernis reached out a hand signalling a handshake.

Level 17
The Archdruid’s den was tranquil, undisturbed by the influence of men and their tools. The sound of a light stream kissing the mossy rocks only added to the serenity of this place. Tiane delicately strode over to where a trickle of water escaped the confines of rock and motioned for Azshiir to come to her. The water wasn’t the soothing transparency Azshiir was accustomed too. It had a verdant tint to it that made it look beautiful. “This is the blood of the Mother,” she watched it fall with admiring eyes. “This is what runs through your veins, Lifemaker. All you must do is drink from it, and you shall enter the Glade. You will know what to do from there.” She stood up, her eyes on the shallow pool of green water.

------

“Exactly! That’s the beauty of this plan,” he was smiling, pacing from Julianna to Cepharys as his the impact of his boots slowly became a mocking rhythm. “I don’t plan for you to die by my hands,” he paused, letting his tongue of riddles slide across his lips. “I intend to help you, in a way, but I’m afraid when the curtain falls, your family will have become victims of a war that you all helped to facilitate. Of course, this includes you both.”

------

Imyas seemed to agree. With his charisma, it was hard to guess whether he was pretending or truly in agreement. "So then, will you aid me in my quest to restore this place to its former glory?" He hesitated to reach for Ernis' hand until his talents were truly in the minister's control.

Level 19
Azshiir stared at the water, slowly gliding over the moss rocks and in the end, escaping the cold embrace of the rock. It trickled to the earth, to a spot he hadn't seen before earlier. It was tinted, he could not see his own reflection in it, yet it was beautiful, yet it felt pure, even though it perhaps wasn't. It radiated tranquility and he was perhaps as relaxed as he could be now. The troubles of the world were gliding off his shoulders. The dead child, the massacre, the sentences, the quakes.. it took a backseat in his head. He didn't.. think about it. Gods, this was nice, he thought to himself. Lucky bastard, he thought for a moment as he looked at the Archdruid. A wrong thought, he realized, a flawed one.

Drink? From the water? This was what ran through his veins? Heh, the idea of drinking your own blood was crazy. His blood was just red.. he still had some trouble believing that he was this Lifemaker, but he didn't stress over it anymore. The water tempted him, told him to come forward and drink it, so that he would leave this world for the Glade. He felt the temptation greatly, but a thought of worry came into his mind. How was he supposed to know what to do in the Glade? What if something went wrong? What if.. no, he needn't stress over this anymore. He just had to drink.

He kneeled and cupped his hand, catching some of the water. It was cool, incredibly cool. Gods. He brought his hands to his face and drank of it. It was sweet, incredibly sweet and cool. Gods, he could drink this forever, and ever, and ever.

Level 20
Lucio turned to his sister.
She was unusually quiet. Too quiet?
He shook his head and turned back to the ithuri, speaking slowly, his voice full of malice.
'You know not whom you are dealing with old man. Your threats are empty and your mind fickle. Keep the remnant, by all accounts, but we must be allowed to leave!'

Level 17
Azshiir felt his body relax. His muscled loosened and his mind became clear. The water cooled him as it went down, refreshing him as if he had awoken from an eternity of slumber. He felt the grass embrace him as he fell, his head cushioned by the soft pillow of soil. He closed his eyes, the great darkness clouding his vision. He was fading from this world… descending…

A voice called out to him. It was feminine and nurturing, like the calming lullaby of a mother. It took him by surprise, it almost made him weep. The voice guided him, reassuring him that it was alright, and somehow he knew that it would be. The Mother was with him in a way that he had never felt before. The voice stopped and he woke up in a garden. The garden was lush and verdant, untouched by the influences of civilization. Vines grew unchecked, trees towered high into the realm of the clouds, and even the grass rose well above his waist. A man called out to him. He was large and bulky, a little smaller than Iregar. He had black eyes and wore nothing but a kilt of leaves around his waist to cover his sacred areas. Behind him, a massive falcon loomed, its wings caressing the man. “Welcome, Lifemaker. What brings you to The Glade?”

------

"Give me a good enough reason, magewatcher." He provoked, fiddling with his sleeve.

Level 19
He had never seen beauty. All that he had ever seen had been ugly. It had been mutated, deformed. Never had he seen true beauty, in its purest form. Everything else had been an illusion or a monstrosity. Buildings, they seemed to be foolish. Towers was merely man's attempt to imitate the beauty of the trees. Streets were built like serpents, unreliable and strange, to imitate rivers. So he felt. This was truly the most beautiful place he had ever seen. The stars of the night paled and the city of Kaydeir seemed like a giant slum in comparison to this heavenly garden. The grass embraced him, softly stroking him as they moved with the winds. Utter silence seemed to rule here, utter. This was strange, for he had never heard utter silence, for always there was a source of sound, but now.. nothing. But even this paled in comparison to the song of the Mother.

He had heard the song of the Mother, a pure voice singing perhaps the truest, saddest and most beautiful song that has ever been, is, and shall be. He almost wept as he heard the song, out of sadness, for he knew he had to leave Her. He had felt the tears in his eyes, but as they were about to stream down, the Mother had reassured him, embraced him and cradled him. He had never wanted to leave her embrace, but he had been forced to awaken in this garden, beautiful, though it could not replace Her embrace, no, it could not. It could not.

And now he looked upon a man before him. His eyes, as black as the night. He was only slightly the lesser of Iregar, still far greater than him, still a giant, towering above him. Leaves covered his body and a falcon flew behind him, using its wings to caress the man's shoulder, a guardian spirit, it seemed. The silence was gone, broken, though he felt no rage, he felt tranquility, moreso than before in the stone room. It took him a while to realize that the man was speaking to him, asking him why Azshiir had sought him out, though adressing him as Lifemaker. Perhaps he was.

He stumbled over his words before he could formulate a proper answer. He was speaking to the Archdruid.. how should he speak to him? Though, the stress disappeared and the words glided over his tongue, such was the magic of this place. It made all worries disappear, everything. All worries.. disappeared. There was only calm.
''I have come to ask you a question, Archdruid.'' he said, his voice relaxed, though full of respect for the man, respect that no other man had ever gotten from Azshiir. He was silent for a few moments before he continued;
''Why are the Fey hunting the Wildmen, oh, Archdruid?'' he asked, remembering what Kvilde and Iregar had told him.

Level 27
Cepharys cleared his throat.
"Mr. My-current-captor... Would you be so kind as to REMOVE THESE THINGS FROM MY HANDS?!"
It wasn't the same mad, panicky anger from before, but anger was still burning in his voice.
"It's not like i can do anything at any rate. You've been so nice as to rid me of all my dangerous objects.
So would you be so kind as to remove these bluesteel cuffs before i bombard them with the right combinations of magical pulses, dissolving their natural null-energy shell and ripping them apart!"

Level 17
The Archdruid thought for a while. Seconds became minutes and minutes became an hour – an hour that passed seamlessly. It didn’t feel like an hour, the two just stared at each other in quiet reflection. He finally came to an appropriate answer, but his smile was long-gone, a memory in this beautiful dream.

“The Fey Folk are a very old race, Lifemaker. They transcended this world long before humanity was even an idea for our celestial predecessors. When the gods left this world, they spelled their kingdom and became a distant memory, subjects of silly wives tales. You must understand that they were not given to this world to simply exist. They had a purpose to maintain all that was natural and destroy what should not have been,” he paused, letting this information sink in. His voice, like the Mother’s, was nurturing. But this was not the type of nurturing that quelled the wails of a sick infant and sent it to the world of dreams. It was the kind of nurturing that made you feel safe and secure, uninterrupted by the chance of a confrontation. He took in a deep breath before continuing his tale. “When the man they call Rathma revived that poor girl, he created something that should not have been. When the Folk became aware of this, they emerged to do what they were meant to do,” he said, watching the starry night. “Destroy them.”

------

Imyas smiled for the first time that day. “Excellent,” he turned back into the room and took a glass of bacaurum, raising it to the skies. “A toast,” he shouted. “For change!”
His eyes noticed the dark figure emerging from the door. “Your… bodyguard?” He said, nodding his head to Zenon.

------

“Do it then,” Gaseir teased. “You can’t leave this room anyway. I have alerted the magewatchers to the location of their commander, and his sister. If they’re as efficient as they claim to be, they’ll be here in a minute or so and if they manage to get here, they’ll find you here as well with your… mask.” He said, motioning to the heirloom on the floor. “However I can guarantee you your unlimited freedom as well as the opportunity to do a lot of devastating things to this city. We can provide you with all you need, all we require is a simple yes.”

Level 27
Cepharys' hands started glowing, indicating that he did indeed intend to carry through with what he'd said.
"That depends on what that 'yes' comes after. And also, whether i get out of these cuffs or not."
His voice was seething with anger.
"I don't make big decisions while bound. It's a life rule.
It'd be a shockingly wise move for you to just LET ME OUT OF THEM ALREADY so that, who knows, maybe I'll hate you less."

Level 12
Ernis took one last glance at the vast valley before him. Even after their conversation, he could still see a multitude of fruit and crop he hadn't spotted before. Another breeze lifted his dreadlocks slightly, the air filled with a blend and mix of exotic spices that seemed to complement each other perfectly well.

The blue-skinned ithuri returned indoors, his glass of wine nearly empty which he quickly refilled from a pitcher on the long table. He took another sip, while turning to look at the figure Imyas indicated to.

"Bodyguard? Not mine, but Gaseir's." he said softly to Imyas. Placing his glass on the table, he called out to Zenon. "Zenon! I was wondering where you had gone to!"

Ernis was about to welcome his companion when he let out a soft murmur to Imyas. "We will discuss of your...changes later on, shall we?"

Level 17
"Well then, just remember who has your precious creations hidden. I have to admit though, rather careless to have your little workshop so close, or rather, underneath your home." He grinned, grabbing a titanium key from within his robes and unlocking the bluesteel cuffs. "They're bluesteel, you might need to motivate them to unlock quicker. I don't see you as the patient kind."

------

Imyas shuddered at the mention of Gaseir. An acquaintance of sorts. A friend, or an enemy. Either way, he didn't trust him. Ithuri didn't trust people, especially their own kind. "Very well," he replied with a faint smile, his attention turned to Zenon.

Level 8
Dara turned around and followed the example of Ernis, refilling his glass and raising it. "To change." he repeated after Imyas.
he frowned however, this Ithuri was planning something and he knew for certain that it did not bode well for the Greythorns.

Level 19
Minutes passed. Hours passed. Tik, tok, tik, tok. Days passed, seemingly months. The silence of the Archdruid seemed to last forever, yet when he started speaking, it seemed only a few seconds had passed in this strange realm, Azshiir thought. He listened carefully to what the man had to say and found that his answer only drove his curiosity up, his story about the Fey making him eager to learn more from this man, a man who knew perhaps all secrets in the world. Though the man's words were not reassuring, his tone made him still feel safe. Safe and relaxed, though that was not a strange feeling in this realm, where there seemed to be nothing negative, nothing bad or sad. He felt happy as he listened.

Then he froze as the man came to the end of his answer. Tranquility disappeared and his eyes widened. Gods. The man had .. revived someone of the dead? Not like necromancy, but actually pulled someone's soul back from the realm of the dead and brought the girl back to life? He shivered, though.. he slightly recognized himself in the man. It made him remember.. Gods. He shouldn't be thinking of that. It had wrong. He shouldn't think about it. Forget. The man had pulled a soul from the realm of the dead - how was that even possible? Gods, this man.. the principal had been wrong, but he could not despise the man. No, he felt sympathy for the man. Children should be allowed to live their full lives.. but it was unnatural. If the Fey had attacked because of this, it should not be allowed, to prevent more suffering.

''Where can I find this man, Rahtma, and how do I solve this?'' he asked with a frown, the tranquility of earlier gone. What seemed to be impossible - to worry in this realm - had become reality. Indeed, indeed.. Gods. Even in this realm.

Level 27
The moment the key hit the manacles and the responsive 'click' from the was heard, the rage-green from Cepharys' eyes faded.
It changed, becoming a more verdant color.
Slowly, he filled his lungs with air, and then let it out.
He started smiling.
"Well, If you have my machinery then I guess you... have my machinery.
I wasn't planning to let anyone else have access to them, but I guess it can't be avoided."
As he waited for the manacles to fully open he folded his legs, as one would do prior to meditation.
"What is it you desire to ask me?"

Level 17
He smiled. “The girl he resurrected was Evelyn the Bloodmother, the first bearer of the vamphiir curse. It took her four decades to create an entire race of those unnatural creatures. The Fey Folk are bent on destroying them, and this is where the Wildmen come in. The Folk has selected our people for a very special task – to serve in death as their warriors… to embrace the inner beast. Their war is not a war of hostility; it is one of necessity for them. They wish to hasten the process and ensure that their warriors are… prepared.” He finished, waiting for the questions to flow.

------

Gaseir smirked. “Your hatred for the magi is rather inspiring. You have a certain appeal that is attractive to the non-magi. We need a man like you, to be the face of a new order. And, well, your other talents can be very useful for our own… talents.” His voice was almost seductive.

Level 27
"Let me correct you right there."
Cepharys let free a small blast of a green-ish energy, pushing the manacles the last bit of way and getting his hands free.
"I don't hate magi, or magic.
I hate the stagnation that it causes, the stillstanding society that it creates.
Everything that i have discovered has been right in front of us for ages, but we didn't care to look for it as magic provided us with all that we needed."
He stretched his arms and picked up the mask.
"But if you need a figurehead to lead a rebellion against 'the evils of magi'... Well, it fits in with my own plans quite nicely."

Level 19
He froze as he heard who the little girl had been. Gods.. the Broodmother herself? The Fey were out to launch a genocidal campaign against the vamphiir? What a strange.. by the Gods, even for the Fey this was strange and very extreme. They would launch some kind of war against a race which they deemed unnatural? They were truly devoted to their purpose, at least. But why wipe out truly a whole race? Did something's nature truly matter so much to the Fey. Was it truly right to finish off a whole race? Gods. Also, how had the Broodmother been ressurected anyway? Though that was perhaps dangerous curiosity, he could not help but ask himself that queston. How had Rahtma drawn her soul back from oblivion, from the realm of the dead?

He listened on and he frowned as the men went on and finally finished. Gods. They.. what? They used the dead Wildmen as soldiers? The Fey would not engage in necromancy, so.. what was the man talking about? He had never seen a man ris-- Gods. He felt a shock go through him as he remembered how Iregar had suddenly risen where before he had been almost dead. Gods.. how was this anymore natural than the vamphiir?! Gods, Fey, Fey, Fey. They were slaughtering Wildmen to have them serve them in death. He felt himself get cold.

''So.. our people are slain, while we could fight as living warriors, to fight in a war we have no specific business in. And what would happen to our people afterwards, after this war, after every Wildman is a dead man, serving the Fey? What would happen? And what do you mean with embracing the inner beast?'' he spoke as he felt anger boil up.

Level 20
Lucio sighed inwardly and leaned back against the wall, making himself remotely comfortable.
"Guess I'll await the Cavalry then," he murmured, turning his attention to Julianna.
"So... Has the cat still got your tongue little sis?" he grinned, trying to make light of the situation.

Level 17
“Well that is wonderful. Come, there is someone you must meet before I return you your devices.” He said as he ascended the staircase. “She is eager to meet you.” He left then, abandoning Julianna and Lucio. He came to the shopfront’s door and opened it, revealing the sea of people traveling in the Esplanade. He watched both sides of the streets and the walls that towered over them. No magewatchers. “Hasten yourself, human!”

------

Julianna sighed. “When we get out of this, I’m making the rounds with those damned factions. If need be, I will raze Guildmaster’s Lane to the ground and have every minister in Hightown executed for treason!” She said in a fit of fury, her dark eyes staring into the darkness.

------

The Archdruid turned to face his guardian, stroking its white-feathered belly and nodded to him. The falcon withdrew its wings from around the large man and departed, flying into the night sky. He sighed, breathing in the freshness of nature. “Do you remember the old story about the woman who felt no warmth and the man with a thousand shapes? Did your parents ever tell you it, Lifemaker?” He was referring to an old fable part of Wildman folklore.

Level 27
Cepharys put on his cowl, but let his mask remain in his left hand.
Before following Gaesir, he turned to Lucio.
"Tell the people in the big seats that Magebane sends his regards, and hopes that they all die in a fire."
With that he followed the ithuri.

Status
Not open for further replies.