• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Round Table of Arkain

Level 7
Would you stop kicking a dead corpse then?

Look how pitiful this so called conversation became
group of those who want to continue someone else´s work
and whine him because he took his work with himself

bullshit detected? no, ownership detected - those are his, and his only decisions to make.

not only shar´s, but every content creator´s
if they for some reason want to remove their content
then they are free to delete it

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
gflne6M.jpg

those who want to continue someone else´s work
and whine him because he took his work with himself
Leaving the map to exist does not mean someone else is allowed to continue it. Without the original authors permission the map will be rejected and thus removed from the hive database.
Additionally the map does still exist on people's HDDs' which means, removing it does not prevent someone from continuing the work if they really wanted to.
I got the maps and I could continue to work on them at any time, I have no interest in this but I am against his stupid choice to remove his stuff.

no, ownership detected
if they for some reason want to remove their content
then they are free to delete it
It's not about the fact that he's deleting it, it's the REASON he's deleting it.
If a youtuber stops making videos he does not delete his old content, it's still there for everyone to enjoy.
Good luck finding a single occasion where a person leaves and takes his stuff with him because FU.

Oh come on, in how many cases someone continued someone else's work? I'm talking about random user made content, not some well developed lore like Warcraft. Even though many liked the campaigns, no one is able to continue, because they aren't capable. Those who are, usually prefer doing their own or use some already well established lore. After all, there isn't much info about Arkain, probably if I'd gather all Em's work about Godfall it would contain more lore.

Now we can only wait when the campaign will appear on russian sites, maybe they'll update the torrent on rutracker where I found crapload of campaigns. :D

Level 20
All jokes aside...I still think removing everything from Hive with the exuse that he does not want anyone to cont. his work seems like a bullshit exuse to me.
As i told(chaosy as well) i got all of his filles,if i want to cont. his work I can...

I just think it is unfair to prevent other hivers(whether they are new in the site or old and just got into this campaign maps) from playing those maps.I think he is doing for the attation.

Level 3
Ahhhhh. This must be one of the best things I've ever encountered.

I want to thank you, all of you, for your posts. And yes, I mean that.
Because now you've ensured that my brother, if he ever felt like coming back in a few years, would leave as soon as he arrived without even logging in.

For in the end, you're just spoiled kiddos, crying and crying like little babies. It is almost amusing watching you cry for your sweets. Spoiled little bastards, almost give me tears of joy!

For all those who were expecting a "/sarcasm": There is none, I'm serious, this was most amusing. The fact that Shar removed the campaigns was definitely the right choice.

Anyway, I'll leave you to your ranting and play a few games with my brother instead of wasting more of my precious time with some ranting internet children. Bye-bye.

Level 12
...childish behavior? Do you not know how hard can living be at some points? He said
that he has hurt/diseased eyes, yet you call him a kid in his behavior

all that he said would be done, is done - demon book idea was incited by me in conversation
with shar

if life is difficult for him, and he is not getting any revenue from hive
then it is only logical that he had to leave, in order to maintain his living, is it not?

Guess his eyes work well enough to aim towards the remove button when it comes to maps and campaigns he managed to upload on Hive.

Ahhhhh. This must be one of the best things I've ever encountered.

I want to thank you, all of you, for your posts. And yes, I mean that.
Because now you've ensured that my brother, if he ever felt like coming back in a few years, would leave as soon as he arrived without even logging in.

For in the end, you're just spoiled kiddos, crying and crying like little babies. It is almost amusing watching you cry for your sweets. Spoiled little bastards, almost give me tears of joy!

For all those who were expecting a "/sarcasm": There is none, I'm serious, this was most amusing. The fact that Shar removed the campaigns was definitely the right choice.

Anyway, I'll leave you to your ranting and play a few games with my brother instead of wasting more of my precious time with some ranting internet children. Bye-bye.

Now look at this Batman... Where did you come from? To be honest, since he is your brother and all you can feel free to tell him the following.

As a campaign lover and member of this community who above everything else respects the humanity and mutual respect, he has no rights to treat his fellow supporters and people who brought his project to life in all ways like shit. Removing the campaigns and maps just proves what kind of person he is, and judging from your idiotic post here it seems you successfully managed to prove that you're brothers. Hell, I sort of loved the storyline of your campaigns, but the terrain was awful. So if you want someone to be honest and put it in your face, these people you call idiots and kids are the ones responsible for your brother's tripped out fame and glory, yet you treat them like shit.

Well done, idiots, you revealed yourselves. Enough from me, peace out!

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
He is not the first person who did this and won't be the last.
Nearly everyone came back and re-uploaded his or her stuff.
There are even people who came back from death.
Warcraft 3 is love, Warcraft 3 is life, there is no escape.
See? And that's exactly the problem: he did this like 3 times in the last months alone.
If he would stay away for good and take his stuff with him, fine; that's his personal decision then. I respect that.
But don't pretend like you're not coming back when you clearly just try to fish for attention.

Kasrkin

Hosted Project: LoA
Level 26
The only reason he came back several times was because of my, influence I guess you could call it. I understand why he removed me from all internet services because he knows I could probably get him to continue again.

Never got a chance to say goodbye though, heh.

Level 20
Maaaan...This thread has gone in darkness for a long ass time...Would be a shame if some one brought it back...

*LIVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE*

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Yes, "RedCrusader aka Shar Dundred has begun working on Arkain again".
Kasrkin and I have spent much time with improving the already uploaded campaigns and with
creating new maps for the campaigns - along with creating more and more custom data to
maximize the gameplay value.

We have been silent for a long time, the thread had been shut down for almost a year.
Now, we are happy to announce that 2017 shall be declared as the "Year of the Second Books".

We have many ambitious plans to increase the replay value of the campaign, to make the different
factions feel more unique and different - and the story? Of course, it is still the most important
part of this project. We have tinkered a lot with it, planning many things that have yet to happen
and then change them again to make them reach a level far above what we would have considered possible.

We want to finish the Second Books - and publish even more Arkain-related creations!
More information about this will follow later.

Actually, allow me to give you a little hint for what expects you in at least one future chapter:
Van Durce.

Level 29
Yay! Krom is back! I just hope he and the new undead hero doesn´t ''die''. On the contrary, I hope the Elven Queen dies or at least is arrested. I wonder what will be Salana's reaction and who will she side with?

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Looks like another slaughterfest... YAY
Indeed! :)

...palace of the queen? But of course, elves are having a visit!
I am currently testing the next chapter [it will be released very very very soon, btw] and I can tell you this:
You will LOVE recording that.^^

Yay! Krom is back! I just hope he and the new undead hero doesn´t ''die''.
Actually, I gave Krom a line about "dying" in that chapter if a certain admiral gets close to him. ;)

On the contrary, I hope the Elven Queen dies or at least is arrested. I wonder what will be Salana's reaction and who will she side with?
That is something you will see in Chapter Seven. :)

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Chapter Six released!

Here a smart collection of what this chapter contains:
a) Big battles that require a good strategy
b) A very special new toy - Both Kasrkin and I enjoyed using this new artillery ship
c) Some fun moments
d) UNDEAD - we all love them, whether we admit it or not
e) Killing Golden Guard douches - we all love doing that as well!
f) Story twists - You wouldn't expect some of the stuff in this chapter

The new version of the campaign has been attached to both this post and the first post.
The first post needs a major overhaul, I have been unable to properly deal with that so far, but I will soon.

Have fun killing Gardon's enemies!

Level 29
Chapter Six released!

Here a smart collection of what this chapter contains:
a) Big battles that require a good strategy
b) A very special new toy - Both Kasrkin and I enjoyed using this new artillery ship
c) Some fun moments
d) UNDEAD - we all love them, whether we admit it or not
e) Killing Golden Guard douches - we all love doing that as well!
f) Story twists - You wouldn't expect some of the stuff in this chapter

The new version of the campaign has been attached to both this post and the first post.
The first post needs a major overhaul, I have been unable to properly deal with that so far, but I will soon.

Have fun killing Gardon's enemies!

Wait, the last part is it true?
Aridon, the Guardian of Arkain is dead?! And Sapphira now controls the undeads? Is this some kind of a joke?

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
I cannot reply to your questions without giving a MAJOR spoiler of what is about to happen later on. That'd be like reading the last page of a book.
Just be patient and watch. For now, accept that you will see Saphira as an ally a few times. :)

Simply continue having the faith you always had in me. Has my story ever disappointed you? ;)

Level 29
I cannot reply to your questions without giving a MAJOR spoiler of what is about to happen later on. That'd be like reading the last page of a book.
Just be patient and watch. For now, accept that you will see Saphira as an ally a few times. :)

Simply continue having the faith you always had in me. Has my story ever disappointed you? ;)

Of course not, but this is just a plot twist that can change completely the tide of the war and even history itself!
I think Sapphira will stay loyal, since they have a common enemy. I wonder what will Brian think when he hears the news.

Okay, broken them apart at last. The sheer amount is just immense in term of number (well, GG for a reason I guess).

Honestly, the turn is quite fast if you ask me, but the jerk really needs to be pawned soon.
Also, I see that the fifth chapter requires proper management to manage these many bases.

Oh lastly,
I'm gonna so enjoy whacking Aridon for the truth from his non-existence.