• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Round Table of Arkain

Level 29
Version 0.30 released!
The new Interlude has already been finished because I enjoyed working on it too much!
Enjoy!

General:
- Nerfed Destructor unit

Chapter Six

- Added more enemy towers
- Added more enemy & player ships
- Small fixes

Interlude Two
- Release!

I loved it! The plot is being awesome!

Level 29
The interlude is interesting to say, even with the gift you prepared.

Anyway, I was more interested in the battle against the Queen. About time we use political affairs.

Yes!
The folowing battle will be interesting indeed, especially with the undeads now on Gardon's side. The Queen didn´t really expect that the consequences of all of her past actions would later come to bite her. I just hope Salana becomes a much better and competent queen and I hope it will be Sapphira who kills the current queen.

Last edited:
Level 9
Finished all 3 1st Books, and the whats released of the 2nd Book so far.

I was wondering what all the 'canon' choices are in each of the books? When I play these again, I want to have the most accurate playthrough possible :)

EDIT: Also, I'm very interested in these new Undead characters that we never saw in the First Book. I hope we learn more about them

Last edited:

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
I was wondering what all the 'canon' choices are in each of the books? When I play these again, I want to have the most accurate playthrough possible :)
There used to be "canon choices" some time ago, but I removed them because I didn't want
any canon besides what the players wanted as their own canon. ;)

I *might* consider adding some form of canon at some point after the Second Books are done,
but more about this in the distant future, when the Second Books are actually finished. =)

Level 9
That was just from the second book right? Cause in the first books, there are still some canon choices. Such as, in the Orc book, Salomar talks about how Aedale consumed the shards, even though I made her not do it in my playthrough. Also, in the Undead book, how in the world did
Vanessa die
? We never heard or saw anything like that

Level 9
So in the Undead book, Sasrogarn didn't get to her in time before Theoden/Gardon killed her? Aren't the Books connected storyline/time wise? It almost sounds as if its an alternate reality for each of the books in relation to each other

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Work on Chapter Seven is going slowly, but steadily.
I will update the first post with a progress display and give it an overall update in the next few days.

Anyway, in this spoiler you can find some info regarding Chapter Seven.
Enjoy!

You will not be able to train workers or build anything, your buildings therefore
are important to be saved.
You also don't harvest resources.
Instead, the mission will include a "Conquer & Defend" feature, meaning that you have
to conquer (destroy) so-called "Supply Depots" and keep controlling them.
They will then generate resources over time for you to use for units.
You will start with all upgrades this time.

You will be in the very center of the map, surrounded by enemies. An ally will be right
in front of your base and you will have to defend that ally. Another ally will be behind
you and attack the enemy forces.
Most of your enemies around you will not attack you, however. Instead, they are
blocking paths through which AI reinforcements get spawned and try to attack the
enemy main base.
By removing the enemy blockades, you gain more forces and can increase the pressure
on the enemy main base, which is very important to keep your ally alive and to get
closer to destroying the main base.
You can also, however, try to focus all your resources on destroying the enemy main
base instead of getting the reinforcements.
You will get no penalties from doing so, you only miss said reinforcements.

The enemy main base is, obviously, the main base of Renova, Queen of the Elves.
She rallied not only massive amounts of elven forces, but also the remaining forces
of the Golden Guard and her personal elite soldiers.
MASSIVE SPOILER AHEAD
If you kept Lera alive in Chapter Five of the First Human Book, you are going to face her as well.
She has been promoted to the leader of the Queen's elite soldiers.
If she is dead, another Ranger General will take her place

Keep in mind that everything is still work-in-progress and therefore might change.

Level 11
Work on Chapter Seven is going slowly, but steadily.
I will update the first post with a progress display and give it an overall update in the next few days.

Anyway, in this spoiler you can find some info regarding Chapter Seven.
Enjoy!

You will not be able to train workers or build anything, your buildings therefore
are important to be saved.
You also don't harvest resources.
Instead, the mission will include a "Conquer & Defend" feature, meaning that you have
to conquer (destroy) so-called "Supply Depots" and keep controlling them.
They will then generate resources over time for you to use for units.
You will start with all upgrades this time.

You will be in the very center of the map, surrounded by enemies. An ally will be right
in front of your base and you will have to defend that ally. Another ally will be behind
you and attack the enemy forces.
Most of your enemies around you will not attack you, however. Instead, they are
blocking paths through which AI reinforcements get spawned and try to attack the
enemy main base.
By removing the enemy blockades, you gain more forces and can increase the pressure
on the enemy main base, which is very important to keep your ally alive and to get
closer to destroying the main base.
You can also, however, try to focus all your resources on destroying the enemy main
base instead of getting the reinforcements.
You will get no penalties from doing so, you only miss said reinforcements.

The enemy main base is, obviously, the main base of Renova, Queen of the Elves.
She rallied not only massive amounts of elven forces, but also the remaining forces
of the Golden Guard and her personal elite soldiers.
MASSIVE SPOILER AHEAD
If you kept Lera alive in Chapter Five of the First Human Book, you are going to face her as well.
She has been promoted to the leader of the Queen's elite soldiers.
If she is dead, another Ranger General will take her place

Keep in mind that everything is still work-in-progress and therefore might change.

Reminds me of a mission called the yellow turbine rebellion in wanders of sorceria:

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
So its just like "The Reckoning" in Starcraft 2 minus the base building. Neat
Yep, pretty accurate.

@RedCrusader will we be able to control Gardon in this mission?
Yes.

I updated the first post finally, added screenshots and the progress bar.
Also replaced Zarin as main character with Merlon since Merlon is more of a main character than Zarin.

Level 12
If you're overhauling the first chapters as well, here are some ideas that I think will make the last chapter of the human book much more balanced and enjoyable:
  1. When going against Ganethas he will occasionally spawn a paladin hero with a lot of HP and mana. This would've been fine with just about any other hero, but a paladin with 800-900 MP can spam holy shield and be invulnerable almost indefinitely. On the other side, I don't think I've ever seen the Theoden of Kome hero unit perform any ability.
  2. Having Aedale makes the mission much easier, too much in my eyes. The moment you can teleport around the map with a very low cooldown, guarding the both lanes doesn't pose a challenge anymore. Either make demon Aedale stronger, or make the teleport cooldown longer.
  3. The units are being sent by triggers. This causes units to stay put awkwardly if they happen to be alive between waves. I suggest using the ai script blizzard created for the TFT orc campaign (that final mission). It basically takes any unit you have of this type on the map and sends it to the enemy.
JASS:
globals
    integer user = 3
endglobals

function main takes nothing returns nothing
    call CampaignAI(HOUSE,null)

call PrepFullSuicide()
    loop
       loop
           exitwhen CommandsWaiting() == 0
           set user = GetLastCommand()
           call PopLastCommand()
       endloop
        call SuicideUnitB(FOOTMAN,user)
        call SuicideUnitB('h004',user)
        call SuicideUnitB(RIFLEMAN,user)
        call SuicideUnitB('h005',user)
        call SuicideUnitB(KNIGHT,user)
        call SuicideUnitB('h006',user)
        call SuicideUnitB('h007',user)
       call SuicideUnitB('nchp',user)
       call SuicideUnitB('nhym',user)
    endloop

endfunction

Kasrkin

Hosted Project: LoA
Level 26
Yeah the last chapter of the human book has been a source of headaches for a long time. It won't be changed for a long time but we'll get back to it... eventually.

Deleted member 237964

D

Deleted member 237964

It makes me so happy to see that project is still active.I've missed that series a lot,returning to it after almost two years makes me even more happy.