• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Round Table of Arkain

Level 3
Today I bring you both good news and bad news:
Bad news: Shar is currently unable to use a computer or similar device due to an eye-illness of his. So, I'm afraid you will have to wait for the next mission.
Good news: Despite that, planning a nice something, people have been asking for and wondering about, has begun. I'm not authorized to tell you what exactly I'm talking about, but I can tell you this much: It is going to be a creation for Arkain.

Stay tuned, Shar will continue as soon as possible.

Level 11
Today I bring you both good news and bad news:
Bad news: Shar is currently unable to use a computer or similar device due to an eye-illness of his. So, I'm afraid you will have to wait for the next mission.
Good news: Despite that, planning a nice something, people have been asking for and wondering about, has begun. I'm not authorized to tell you what exactly I'm talking about, but I can tell you this much: It is going to be a creation for Arkain.

Stay tuned, Shar will continue as soon as possible.

Could it be creating that map of Arkain so many wanted to see?

Last edited:
Level 4
I've played all the first books and I'm exciting for the next one. I love this series!

One thing I hope you'll fix: there are many instances of duplicated hotkeys in your Book Two demo. Off the top of my head:
  • Crossbowman and the Improved Armor upgrade are both R (this is also true in Book One)
  • Hydromancer and Necromancer are both N
  • Bowman and Searing Arrows are both W.
  • The Iron Arrows and Leather Armor upgrades are both A.
And there may be some others that I missed. Please fix these to make the series the best it can be.

Level 15
Announcement.

News

Yesterday, i private message Ralle about this issue. The Chief respond and told me that he will send an email to Shar Dundred.

A few hours ago, the Chief reply to me.
A bad news everyone.

Shar Dundred the creator of Legend of Arkain, decided to left Hive and decided to erase every single resource he uploaded.

The reason for that is still unknown, i am waiting for the Chief's reply.

So, now everyone can assume that Legend of Arkain would no longer be updated or continue. For now, lets see your opinions, perhaps who will carry his project forward?

The info is from his brother, Shain's reply (email).

Last edited:
Level 29
News

Yesterday, i private message Ralle about this issue. The Chief respond and told me that he will send an email to Shar Dundred.

A few hours ago, the Chief reply to me.
A bad news everyone.

Shar Dundred the creator of Legend of Arkain, decided to left Hive and decided to erase every single resource he uploaded.

The reason for that is still unknown, i am waiting for the Chief's reply.

So, now everyone can assume that Legend of Arkain would no longer be updated or continue. For now, lets see your opinions, perhaps who will carry his project forward?

AGAIN?!! This is the third time in the last four months! This campaign is the Hive's version of Krillin (DBZ) or Kenny (South Park)!!

Level 7
You knew the situation would come to this

he wrote that he got a higher-pay job and will have less time for hive
he even had to „permanently leave„ for a short while, and then he returned
only to leave again

if he comes back, then he comes back, if he does not, i certainly wont blame him

aside from that, his Brother wrote once that shar permanently left, and it was not true
so stay careful about messages from his brother

Level 20
Meh...This thing has turned into a joke...The history of this project is that of a high school girl on her periods...

Good thing i have all the files stashed somewhere safe in case Shar comes back and needs help again.

Level 12
I am not trying to bash anything here, but turning people down like that really makes him look like a chump. I mean, you guys follow, support and involve yourselves so much into his project and he leaves just like that. Childish behavior, nothing else. Anyhow yeah, pick up the idea and perhaps make something on your own. I am personally a huge fan of Warcraft III custom campaigns and I'll surely be the one to play yours in case you decide to go down that path! ;)

Level 7
...childish behavior? Do you not know how hard can living be at some points? He said
that he has hurt/diseased eyes, yet you call him a kid in his behavior

all that he said would be done, is done - demon book idea was incited by me in conversation
with shar

if life is difficult for him, and he is not getting any revenue from hive
then it is only logical that he had to leave, in order to maintain his living, is it not?

Level 9
Yes, it's childish to remove his resources.

Leaving? That's fine, but there is absolutely no reason to take down the map.
Itz indeed childish, it even wastez moar time removing then just letting it be!

Ya, i have seen hundreds of dead hive membas with awesome mapz that they didnt take down!!