• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Round Table of Arkain

Level 5
A couple of minutes at least.
- But he has been working hard and you have some sweet stuff to look forward to.

Level 10
I just wanted to say thst i liked this campaign however the story seems somewhat dark and certain chapters are impossibly hard (i barely beat the rebellion mission and had to use whosyourdaddy on the next mission, how are u supposed to beat that mission without having a hero to control until thr very end anyway?)

besides these issues i believe the series is really good. keep up the good work

Level 10
That's pretty much what makes this campaign series so awesome.

I enjoy a hard mission here and there but levels like that chapter 4 are just frustrating and deliver no satisfaction at all . The point of making a mission is making it so its fun to play and satisfying to win. chapter 4 is neither

Level 2
I enjoy a hard mission here and there but levels like that chapter 4 are just frustrating and deliver no satisfaction at all . The point of making a mission is making it so its fun to play and satisfying to win. chapter 4 is neither

I disagree with you on that. I honestly found Arkain to be too easy in a lot of ways and I cannot wait for Kasrkn mode myself. Not saying it isn't fun or a little difficult, but it is a beautiful part of the series which makes it unique. Enjoy the rage and join the Darkside. Chapter 4 requires you to micro units plus heroes, then force your way down the enemies throat, it's genius. The only thing I would like to see is to maybe have a few more optional quests so I can focus on something else while my resources accumulate.

Level 10
if you can beat that type of mission without constantly saving and reloading or usibg whosyourdaddy then more power to you however im not thst patient since i dont have loads of free time to play wc3

out of curisity how long does it take u to beat this mission on hard? and what strategies do u use?

Level 2
To be honest it's been a while since I have played, I want the second human book to be closer to being done before I redo the series. If I had to guess, I would say about 40 minutes to get Gordan, then 20 to 25 to finish the last base.
If I remember correctly, you have to send waves at the first trebuchet and make a niche in the armor, then you can start on the next one until you cam blow up their bases. Make sure you leave 3 control groups at your base, build appropriate amount of towers to make choke points and just hold for a little while, staying below medium income and then burn everything. Mind you, I haven't played it in a long time so things could have changed and my strategy has a lot of holes in it just due to memory. I'll replay the mission this weekend if I have the time and detail it if you're interested.

Kasrkin

Hosted Project: LoA
Level 26
Here's a tip for dealing with the trebuchet position.

You don't need to send waves at the trebuchets, there's an easier way that'd require a bit of dodging, clearing, and a few catapults. The destructors will follow your catapults for a while so pull them back after every shot.

After that it's easy peasy and thousands of gold isn't wasted on waves, you can now punch orange in the face with all the money you've now saved.

Level 2
Here's a tip for dealing with the trebuchet position.

You don't need to send waves at the trebuchets, there's an easier way that'd require a bit of dodging, clearing, and a few catapults. The destructors will follow your catapults for a while so pull them back after every shot.

After that it's easy peasy and thousands of gold isn't wasted on waves, you can now punch orange in the face with all the money you've now saved.

I suppose that one is more economical; however, don't you just wanna kill all the opposition and laugh at the computer? ;)

Kasrkin

Level 26
Due to recent events progress on the campaign has been put on hold for now, but it will resume in March. If you're having trouble with any of the campaigns please post on their pages in the map section and I'll see if I can help.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
A small update that's been lying around on my PC for a few weeks now has been uploaded.
Nothing big though.

As @Kasrkin already stated, work is put on pause.
We will continue in March.

Version 0.32 released!

Chapter One:
- Golden Guard units now turn hostile if you kill one of them

Interlude Two:
- Improved Kasrkin Commander appearance

Level 8
A small update that's been lying around on my PC for a few weeks now has been uploaded.
Nothing big though.

As @Kasrkin already stated, work is put on pause.
We will continue in March.

Version 0.32 released!

Chapter One:
- Golden Guard units now turn hostile if you kill one of them

Interlude Two:
- Improved Kasrkin Commander appearance
What do you mean improved kasrkin commander appearance?

Level 11
Units like the Honor Guards are AI only units.
They aren't meant to be used by players, they are too powerful for that.

I agree, anything that has 1200 HP, critical strike, resistant skin and envenomed weapons all together is way too overpowering,

Forgive me Shar for messing with your campaign using Wordeditor but I was trying to learn to make effective units, anyway there's a unit called Merciless which has 1100 hp, critical strike, resistant skin, and Hardened skin (reduces 12 damage from enemy attacks) and this unit would lose (in one on one combat) to a unit called Bloodfist which also has 1100 hp a bit higher attack, critical strike, resistant armor but envenomed weapons instead of hardedned skin....think about that

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Forgive me Shar for messing with your campaign using Wordeditor but I was trying to learn to make effective units, anyway there's a unit called Merciless which has 1100 hp, critical strike, resistant skin, and Hardened skin (reduces 12 damage from enemy attacks) and this unit would lose (in one on one combat) to a unit called Bloodfist which also has 1100 hp a bit higher attack, critical strike, resistant armor but envenomed weapons instead of hardedned skin....think about that
You are looking at a unit that won't be introduced before the Second Orc Book.
Its current stats are therefore meaningless and object to change.

@MouMou: Such an aura already exists in Arkain.
Not entirely sure if an encountered enemy had it to this point, however.

Level 8

@MouMou: Such an aura already exists in Arkain.
Not entirely sure if an encountered enemy had it to this point, however.
REALLY!!! I haven't even encountered a single enemy has an that kind of aura which reduce armour

Level 11

I thought this unit was meant to be one of Van Durce's elite soldiers, that's what it looked like to me at least

BTW Shar if you want the Corrosion Aura to be displayed in red like a negative buff rather than in green re-title it to |CFFFF0000Corrosion Aura|r in the buff editor.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Newstime

The unexpected and unwanted break will be over soon. Next week, work on Chapter Seven will resume.
During the break, we have decided to do some technical changes for the next release (like disabling cheats).
More information about that will come with the next changelog.
It's nothing that should negatively affect your experience when playing the campaign, however.

Also, it's time to share some input about the future of the series with you:
This has all been decided a long time ago, when the thread had been re-opened. It just hadn't been published yet.
The Third Books have been cancelled because we decided that the Second Books already are
already offering an ending to the three series.
Does this mean that you will get less content? Hell no! Kasrkin and I are planning to work on so-called
"spinoff campaigns" when all books are done, focusing on several other stories taking place after the
Second Books.
The Second Books will finish the different main story arks, the spinoffs will either create new storylines or finish
old side stories that we couldn't include in the six main campaigns.
Of course, these campaigns will be shorter than what you got so far, but, to make up for that, there will be more.
We don't know yet how many spinoff campaigns we are going to create, but we expect them to be numerous.

In total, this means you will get even more Arkain than you had thought to this point.
We don't know yet what is going to happen *after* the spinoff campaigns, we are not planning ahead that far.
But if we feel like doing it, the Third Books might happen afterwards - or a replacement, as I said, we don't want to
plan ahead that far. We want 2017 to be the Year of the Second Books, not the Year of Spinoffs.

That is all.

RedCrusader out.

Level 11
Newstime

The unexpected and unwanted break will be over soon. Next week, work on Chapter Seven will resume.
During the break, we have decided to do some technical changes for the next release (like disabling cheats).
More information about that will come with the next changelog.
It's nothing that should negatively affect your experience when playing the campaign, however.

Also, it's time to share some input about the future of the series with you:
This has all been decided a long time ago, when the thread had been re-opened. It just hadn't been published yet.
The Third Books have been cancelled because we decided that the Second Books already are
already offering an ending to the three series.
Does this mean that you will get less content? Hell no! Kasrkin and I are planning to work on so-called
"spinoff campaigns" when all books are done, focusing on several other stories taking place after the
Second Books.
The Second Books will finish the different main story arks, the spinoffs will either create new storylines or finish
old side stories that we couldn't include in the six main campaigns.
Of course, these campaigns will be shorter than what you got so far, but, to make up for that, there will be more.
We don't know yet how many spinoff campaigns we are going to create, but we expect them to be numerous.

In total, this means you will get even more Arkain than you had thought to this point.
We don't know yet what is going to happen *after* the spinoff campaigns, we are not planning ahead that far.
But if we feel like doing it, the Third Books might happen afterwards - or a replacement, as I said, we don't want to
plan ahead that far. We want 2017 to be the Year of the Second Books, not the Year of Spinoffs.

That is all.

RedCrusader out.

So Gardon will dethrone the queen, defeat the golden guard, kill Genethas, crush the demon invasion, and do this in under 6 chapters....now I'm impressed

Kasrkin

Level 26
I would like to apologize to everyone who viewed the thread last night.

But onto better matters as the Overlord promised, work on chapter seven has resumed. I can't give you an accurate timetable because that would be unfair to Shar. Just giving a heads up that it'll be soon (TM).

Again my apologies and have a good day.