• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

R'lyeh Revolution

"R'lyeh Revolution"

is a stealth strategy game where you either play as a powerful city or a rebel trying to take it down.

Gameplay: As a rebel you must infiltrate and take down all critical city buildings to win.
(example: Astral Tower - This sends out transmissions which give out orders to city guards and civilians. Once the rebels take it, they can use it to rally civilians against the city.) The city has 6 arms of influence: Underground Lakes, Library, Mana Pool, Astral Tower, Nexus & Serpent Temple. For taking each of these, the player (or all rebels) will receive bonusses.

As the city, you win when all rebels are dead. Start by using your corruptor to turn civilians into worshipper and send them to the Serpent Altar. Use hunters to sniff out rebels. Use the mana pool to snipe them down. Recharge the mana pool using the Astral Tower and keep a ritualist alive near the sacrificial circle. Decide which laws to enact depending on the development of the game. If you kill too many innocent (non-player) civilians, they will initiate a revolt against you.

I pick random names for "author" fitting the map theme. Don't need respect or praise, just enjoy the game.

Update: made it so the city uses some features if there is no player.

Music: Last Days of School - Dark Deception
Sounds: Random ambience (screams, whale sounds, etc..) from Freesounds.org
Inspiration: Lovecraft Lore and Revolution map idea
Extra map features (like barrels and boxes to hide in) given by players
Models from: Ujimasa Hojo,Vinz,Yours Truly,cleavinghammer,Hantoo,Gluma,Retera,Misha, Mister_Haudrauf, N'zoth,Grey Knight,Verdun,Remixer,Tarrasque,grunt,Pins

The map is packed with secrets so unless you want to explore, here's some walkthroughs:
-barrels, crates and chests can be used by interacting with them
-some units drop rare items while others should not be attacked (hinted at by interaction)
-every game has a chance to spawn a random Urban Legend which can cause permanent curses that make your gameplay harder
-orbs which you receive from quests are needed to take down the manapool
-rebels can recruit soldier through various ways by finding merchants, doing quests or arming them with weapons
-some units appear only at either night or day (during nighttime you can buy hints near the library for key locations)
-keys open gates or houses (tall house key is for blue roof houses)
-city can get additional gold by fixing the broken gate and/or kill jungle bosses
-god's smite is a global spell that deals 1000 damage, but can be countered using special items or spells from recruits
-rebels may randomly experience lethal corruption but is easy to reject
-university, hospital and underground can be opened with keys

-you can hire an architect from the guild (bottom) which can build structures for defense, offence, units, items, auras and upgrades.
-city can push drugs unto the population by bringing the agent to the hospital, this will turn random civilians into hostiles, replace 2 merchants with drug seller and modify some foods to make them lethal
-baby mode now gives rebels 75% chance to go through a sequence that could resurrect them in a random safe spot, this gives city bonus income and can be turned off after 5 mins by the manapool
-Sanity drains from interactions with monsters, if it drops to 0 your rebel will go insane. You can increase it in the Library or hitting Training Dummies
-endgame(palace) will lock the city exits with a instakiller, Cthu'lhu becomes vulnerable & player-owned after both Watchers die

EndGame:

DISCORD: https://discord.gg/hfSDSkFvUb
Contents

R'lyeh Revolution (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
A nice Classic atmosphere stealth-tag multiplayer map with reverse roles in what building is concerned. However, tad chaotic and quite fully dependent on core game mechanics. Please don't use different author names as the username to avoid confusion...

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
As with your other maps, provide an explanation why there's difference between the username and author.
Improve the description and,
A credits list in the map description with the names of the authors whose resources you've used is mandatory. That includes models, skins, icons, custom spells, systems. Also, sounds, music and everything outside this site.
This helps you with the models, skins and icons from Hiveworkshop: Resources in use by R'lyeh Revolution
You can also upload your map here to generate a list: Asset scanner

Awaiting Update.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

U P L O A D I N G - A - M A P

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
A nice Classic atmosphere stealth-tag multiplayer map with reverse roles in what building is concerned. However, tad chaotic and quite fully dependent on core game mechanics.
Please don't use different author names as the username to avoid confusion and suspicion.

Approved.

What do you mean you lose with whosyourdaddy? Are you not the author?
computer owned city mobs die instantly and deal no damage with whosyourdaddy
the ones normally used by the player ignore the cheat & kill by doing surprise attacks (as intended)
and I'm still the mapmaker/editor, just like for all the maps you removed because you don't believe I made them even though they are nowhere else

because there's 0 feedback idk anything since I'm not on wc3 a lot lately,
for the few times I hosted people just praise the visuals/style but what about the difficulty, instructions, enjoyment?
it takes me 15-20 mins to win if nothing goes wrong (like random events) but that's cause I know what to do
so how's a new player experience?

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Hey. I guess you should either try hosting the map on the official B.net or platforms like Gameranger to get some multiplayer feedback.
As for your other maps, just add proper credits lists and I'll check them out. Also, please don't put a different author each time and use your username or just one author name you like/want.

Level 3
registered an account just to leave a feedback

we just played it couple of times with friends but this map looks really fun,i like that there is alot of mysteries to explore

we only played 3-5 man so havent tried the pvp yet though

thanks for making the game

registered an account just to leave a feedback

we just played it couple of times with friends but this map looks really fun,i like that there is alot of mysteries to explore

we only played 3-5 man so havent tried the pvp yet though

thanks for making the game
Thanks a lot for the feedback!
I'm still updating the map almost daily depending on inspiration, 3 small parts of the city are just empty atm.
But glad you liked it and just wondering if you beat it, or how far you got?
Also if you have any criticism since that would mean it can improve.

Level 3
we havent got that far yet,technically can finish the gmae by slowly chipping the enemy base with manabombs but we keep get desynced lol

not sure if it because we played in LAN with radmin/zerotier rather than blizz servers,but yeah keep getting desynced and someone dc whenever medusa moves by ai from tower or smth i think

we havent got that far yet,technically can finish the gmae by slowly chipping the enemy base with manabombs but we keep get desynced lol

not sure if it because we played in LAN with radmin/zerotier rather than blizz servers,but yeah keep getting desynced and someone dc whenever medusa moves by ai from tower or smth i think
Hey, thanks again.
There was a bug with a random events that causes desync but it's now fixed in the update.
It would play sound, images and text for 1 player who encounters an urban legend. It's fixed now.

(information for editors, only sound and text work for local players. to do a fade filter set a integer to 100, 0 for local, then play FF for all with integer transparency)

Last edited:
Level 3

we won,but didnt do all the secrets like clown or that jaina or some gates on city not openable or something,also killed the middle ctluhu guy

guess clown is related to moonstone but not sure place

would be great if rebels have shared vision mode or something
haha, well done, though I will make the manapool have 100% evasion since you're supposed to use orbs to take it down
and the rebels can get shared vision using the radios found in the storages in the new update

has anyone encountered any urban legends? if so how did you deal with them?

nope never found any urban legends at all,would be great to have mode where all of them spawn i guess
no no, you need to avoid them, being hit once gives you a lethal curse (some sudden death, some permanent stats decrease, ..)
the map has new features btw, added an underground dungeon(passage), hospital(stat upgrades), new shops and items types, quests and a builder you can hire(required for endgame)

Last edited:
would showing a dialogue box with "are you new?" and giving players pressing "yes" an undroppable ankh of reincarnation be good too?
or purchasable ankhs in a shop?
Rebels can now type "-new player" to have a keypoint pinged and get 1 ankh.
Also a rare spawning shop now sells ankhs. (it's spawning and location is announced)
[edit: added a mode so rebels have 75% chance to go into a revive sequence, when completed will respawn in a safe spot.]
[added a passive spell for rebels with additional instructions which updates from progress. city now has hero boxes for key buildings]

Last edited: